John Terry - Born to lead

032Devil

England skipper John Terry insists he was born to lead | The Sun |Sport|Football

JT: I was born to lead

JOHN TERRY says he was born to be a leader.

And he intends to justify his return as England captain by ensuring the Three Lions slay the Welsh dragon in Cardiff today.

Terry said: "Being a leader is something you're born with. You can't coach it into people.

"I had great examples to learn from like Dennis Wise and Marcel Desailly but you can't teach it to anybody.

"Leading the side out at a big stadium on a big occasion, those are the things I dreamed about as a kid. I'll be very proud.

"To be in that position is fantastic for me but the main thing is to get the three points and be top of the group."

Chelsea's Terry, 30, has a superb record as England skipper - losing twice in 19 competitive games ahead of today's Euro 2012 qualifier at the Millennium Stadium.

He added: "That's a great thing but I've been trying to blank it out because I don't want to put a curse on it.

"I'd like to think I bring a lot to the dressing room before games, at half-time and on the training field.

"Everyone has to show passion and that's one of my strengths.This will be a tough game and we must be ready for the battle."

Chrisjn

:lol:

Born to miss the winning penalty in the CL final after tugging at your armband all theway to the spot.

Lance Uppercut

A pity it doesn't extend to leading by example off the pitch. Can't have it all, obviously.

p_ps_sock

Why do you disagree?

As a person, he is disgraceful, but no one can doubt his influence and quality.
I can, always been made to look better than he is by much higher quality partners, screwing bridges ex wife means none of his team mates will respect him, plus he bottled the biggest moment of his career.

alastair

ignorant
He's always been a good defender to be fair. Not top top draw, but still a good defender, and he's had success captaining Chelsea. Scholesy's not far off here.

Name Changed

weso26
Why do you disagree?

Well, you can.

It's clear as day that he isn't the most popular player around. Plus, he is extremely overrated and is nowhere close to the player he was 5 years ago.

Chrisjn

Yeah... and the way when he talks, the bottom part of his mouth just seems to go to the right, rather than up and down. Shifty git. I'm going on a march.
Yeh, I also don't like his shit little haircut.

Trying to go Tony&Guy on a recieding barnet is just plain rediculous. You'll be 40 before you know it John, stop styling you're hair and invest in a baige linnen jacket, you're not Paul weller.

To conclude: For his eyes, haircut and talking manner, he should lynched after being shafted by a thousand angry gorrillas.

MUFCgal

He's a horrible and vile man.

True, he's a leader on the pitch but just a shame he ruined that by shagging his best mate's girlfriend behind his back. The players will walk out behind him and play for him, he is their captain after all but I seriously doubt they trust him after what happened, and I don't think many will like him.

I know a lot of other footballers aren't saints, including our own but that man has a list of indiscretions the length of the Nile.

Chrisjn

True, he's a leader on the pitch but just a shame he ruined that by shagging his best mate's girlfriend behind his back. The players will walk out behind him and play for him, he is their captain after all but I seriously doubt they trust him after what happened, and I don't think many will like him.

I know a lot of other footballers aren't saints, including our own but that man has a list of indiscretions the length of the Nile.
We have a winner.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Chelsea's Terry, 30, has a superb record as England skipper
...Like being the first England captain to fail to qualify for a major international tournament since David Platt 15 years ago...And during his only sint in the position.

Superb.

Though I think it's fair to say the Sun & I often disagree on the definition of words......News, art, music, taste, decency, everything really...Apart from tits.

Brophs

The One and Only
Yup, victories over the likes of Wales are the real acid test.

Eriku

Heheh... makes me think of the ol' Hitchhiker's Guide oxymoron... those who want power are the ones who really ought not to have it... Exhibit A: the world in which we live.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Somehow that interview reminds me of this Asian guy at work who keeps telling people what a big dick he has.

Mick1991

After growing up watching Cantona, Keane, Viera and Adams...........Terry isn't even close and that's only a few off the top of my head, there have been others.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Englands brave John Terry.

mufcwarm92

I think people on here let their opinions of Terry as a person get in the way of evaluating their opinions of him as a player. Despite being only 30, he is probably past his best, but he remains a very solid centre half, still probably one of the top 10 in the world, and is an excellent leader. He has now captained three Premier League winning sides, captained another three that finished runners up, has won four FA Cups and has a wealth of CL experience. I despise him as a person and he's a terrible role model but he is an excellent defender and his leadership qualities are unquestionable.

redevil2

Why do you disagree?

To label him as GREAT is disgusting to say the least! How can you sleep at night with those admiration of him?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
John Terry: Born to deal crack in some south london slum if it was not for the unfortunate fact he is a half decent footballer.

redevil2

Exactly!

To be a leader, you need to have certain integrity and honesty (at least on the face of it!) and JT has neither. And a true leader would be proud but humble, not being an arrogant bully!