JohNF Terry on tour: £500 to eat with him

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
for a job

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57969207

John Terry: Aston Villa assistant leaves role to pursue management

John Terry has left his role as Aston Villa assistant head coach to pursue his "objective of becoming a manager".

The former Chelsea and England defender joined Villa boss Dean Smith's coaching staff in October 2018.

Terry helped Smith guide Villa to Premier League promotion in 2019.

"It has always been my ambition to move into football management and, providing the right opportunity presents itself, I feel ready to take up such a challenge," said the 40-year-old.
Where will he end up? Will he be any good?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It does not make sense to me to quit to make it known you want to move up?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I bet he'll fancy having a go at the Bridge.

kps88

He must have been offered something? Why would you quit and then tell people you're looking for a management job? As if no one would ask while you were assistant at Villa
He said he wanted to spend time with family and then visit clubs around Europe.

Oldyella

Maybe, and I can't believe I'm excusing Terry here, he's also thinking of Villa, allowing them to search for a new assistant in the off season. Not like he's short of cash and can't afford not to be working while he finds something.

I feel dirty.

The new crop of managers have access to the best education and coaches to help them with tactics, setup, training etc, but mid game can they see what's going on and respond to it? That's the only thing you can't really teach and where plenty fall short. Terry was a proper blood and thunder centre back. Will he be able to do it? He doesn't come across as genuinely stupid the way some ex-player pundits do but it's a big ask.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He must have been offered something? Why would you quit and then tell people you're looking for a management job? As if no one would ask while you were assistant at Villa
But why bother making any sort of statement if you have a job lined up?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It makes me chuckle when people moan about ex top players walking straight into what is a totally different job.

I can only imagine such moaners have zero working experience in almost every office and a host of other industries, as it's standard for someone to do well in one job, then become a manager, despite it being a totally different set of skills needed.

RedRover

He says in the interview he doesn't want to start the season and then leave halfway through. Also suggests in it he's been offered the chance to meet with some managers around Europe.

Seems fair enough to me. If he's keen to move on and assuming he has a significant day to day role at Villa, it doesn't help them if he walks at short notice.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Give it 6 months and he could be in a cell with Giggs and barton. (If there is any justice in the world)

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Is Terry known for being violent? a racist, a liar, a cheater yes. Violent? I don't recall anything.
I dont care what they charge him with, if he did it or anything else, Id just like to see the so called big man locked away somewhere really unpleasant for a very long time.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I dont care what they charge him with, if he did it or anything else, Id just like to see the so called big man locked away somewhere really unpleasant for a very long time.
True, if I had my way, people I don't like would be sent to the gulag.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As if he isn't already rich enough, he's now trying to ponce other peoples money on stupid NFT's.

Corona really should have ended us all before it started.

FujiVice

For context, his Twitter feed has been posting these things for multiple footballers. Non-story.
A guy who used the n-word shouldnt be associated with having black players depicted as monkeys. There is no context. Its fecking stupid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For context, his Twitter feed has been posting these things for multiple footballers. Non-story.

NFTs are cringe though.
A guy who used the n-word shouldnt be associated with having black players depicted as monkeys. There is no context. Its fecking stupid.
It's nothing to do with any racist context, it's this stupid NFT fad where they are drawn like apes - but Terry has now started/got involved with 'baby ape's' which is trying to ride on the tails of the bored ape yacht club NFT

Tarrou

I know the NFT fad but it's literally just a monkey with an afro I mean what the feck

FujiVice

It's nothing to do with any racist context, it's this stupid NFT fad where they are drawn like apes - but Terry has now started/got involved with 'baby ape's' which is trying to ride on the tails of the bored ape yacht club NFT
I get that. Associating yourself with is fecking dumb. I dont care what the brand it. Someone with a brain wouldnt profit off it, with his history.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
There you go!

I do follow JT on Twitter and he's been bombarding me with this cartoon ape shit for a while now.
I get his tweets because he tags cfc in everything. I doubt I ever look at them. Even more cringy is he is constantly acknowledging some accomplishment of a current player with a highlight from his career.