Johnny Depp and Amber Heard | 2nd November: Loses libel claim

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
In 2016, Heard filed for divorce and accused Depp of physical and psychological abuse on her.

In 2018, Heard wrote a piece in the Washington Post, and a few months later, Depp sued her for defamation. Later, he accused her of domestic abuse against him including throwing a bottle of vodka at him, severing his finger tip which he had to undergo multiple surgeries for and contracted MRSA three times.

"I have denied Ms Heard's allegations vehemently since she first made them in May 2016 when she walked into court to obtain a temporary restraining order with painted-on bruises that witnesses and surveillance footage show she did not possess each day of the preceding week.

"I never abused Ms Heard or any other woman.

"She was the perpetrator, and I was the victim. While mixing prescription amphetamines and non-prescription drugs with alcohol, Ms Heard committed innumerable acts of domestic violence against me, often in the presence of a third-party witness, which in some instances caused me serious bodily harm."

And now the Daily Mail has obtained audio from a therapy session they had when together in 2015.

Audio recording in below video:

Transcript

Some bits:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This is not our business
Absolutely nobody would be saying this is the roles were reversed.

Domestic violence is domestic violence, and knowing somebody like Depp has gone through it might encourage more men who have been on the receiving end to speak up.

Edit: I should have to clarify this but knowing what people are like, this isn’t me saying “men are the real victims” or any such nonsense, but there are male victims as well.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Domestic violence is domestic violence, and knowing somebody like Depp has gone through it might encourage more men who have been on the receiving end to speak up.

Edit: I should have to clarify this but knowing what people are like, this isn’t me saying “men are the real victims” or any such nonsense, but there are male victims as well.
100%

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Absolutely agree

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
This is not our business
What the other two have said. Depp's career had been heavily affected by the initial claims with him being dropped from his signature role. Now it seems he has been on the receiving end of abuse and it should be spoken about to encourage more victims to speak up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It isn't just Depp who is a victim either. A female victim has came forward too to speak out about Heard's physical abuse.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Clearly Heard was violent towards Depp and (if other accounts are believed) others as well. While that doesn't automatically mean Depp wasn't also violent towards her at times (in fact there seems to be an admission on his part that he was), it does place into context her positioning of herself as the sole victim in this relationship and a campaigner against domestic violence generally.

Heard's spokespeople have tried to frame the audio as a victim of domestic abuse placating their abuser but the tone of what was released suggests that point could equally have been applied in the other direction.

lsd

The Oracle
This did seem suspect from the start . I don't recall ever hearing rumours about Depp being abusive before Heard and it just always seemed a strange relationship anyway .

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Wasn't this the reason there were calls to boycott his fantastic beasts film?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's fecked up that he's been shamed for so long. Could easily lead a person down a dark path.

Redlambs

Heard's spokespeople have tried to frame the audio as a victim of domestic abuse placating their abuser but the tone of what was released suggests that that point could equally have been applied in the other direction.
Yeah I had this, and to this day I know some people who know about it still wonder. I can't even say I blame them, as I always came across so blasé about what was happening and since. Whilst I believe in behavioural analysis to a certain extent, it's nowhere near foolproof enough to use as evidence, I'm a perfect example of that. I always remained cool and calm, always told the truth about why I hadn't reported it, but that just meant I was calculated and controlling.

When in actual fact I was just young, completely innocent and stupidly trusting in the police and the process. I also didn't think it was a big deal I was being attacked, as she couldn't really ever hurt me. That went against me too for a long time.

Oldyella

So they both hit each other or it's just Heard hitting Depp and accusing him of it?
Sounds like primarily Amber hitting him and accusing JD of the opposite. Whether he did or not is hard to say. What I want to know.. how the feck did they obtain recordings of therapy sessions!

lsd

The Oracle
Sounds like primarily Amber hitting him and accusing JD of the opposite. Whether he did or not is hard to say. What I want to know.. how the feck did they obtain recordings of therapy sessions!

Maybe someone got tired of him being blamed in the wrong ?

I know you are not allowed to do it by law but if you are a therapist in a case where the wrong party is having their life ruined and the guilty party is benefitting wouldn't you leak the truth ?

Not that I'm saying this is the case here

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The stigma attached to female-on-male violence, that it’s somehow acceptable, whereas the reverse is deplorable, is totally unacceptable. I don’t know the specifics of this case but having been on the receiving end, and having been vilified for even suggesting it was unacceptable, it’s utter bullshit and there’ll be millions of men around the world who’s lives are being ruined by the fact their partners are violent and there’s nothing they feel they can do about it

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but doubling down I see. As other's have said, I highly doubt you'd feel that way roles reversed.

I wish I had audio proof, and I'd be delighted for the world to hear it.

Yes I would. Counseling is supposed to be a private place for opening up

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Good that the truth is coming out, but, who the hell records therapy sessions?! Surely that is illegal without consent?

Redlambs

Yes I would. Counseling is supposed to be a private place for opening up
I get that. It's a line, because people need to feel safe in councilling.

But in cases where it's the only proof and lives are being ruined, it's a stone age rule imo. No one should suffer because the perpitrator can get away with being kept safe.

In any case it's out now and none of us have leaked it, so why is it not fair game to highlight this particular cause on here a predominantly male environment?

Oldyella

Maybe someone got tired of him being blamed in the wrong ?

I know you are not allowed to do it by law but if you are a therapist in a case where the wrong party is having their life ruined and the guilty party is benefitting wouldn't you leak the truth ?

Not that I'm saying this is the case here
Who knows? Not my field and dont know anyone who does similar, but they must hear a lot of things of a similar nature that isn't divulged?

zing

Zingle balls
Remember the J K Rowling got heavily criticized for backing Depp to be cast in the Fantastic Beasts film.