Jonathan David

Bondi77

Let's not turn this into a Q&A session. What is it you want to point out in my post that you disagree with regarding Jonathan David?
The implication in your post is that he will settle better in England than he will in Germany and I have asked you why?
If you think the implication is not there then don’t stress about it and enjoy the rest of your day.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The implication in your post is that he will settle better in England than he will in Germany and I have asked you why?
If you think the implication is not there then don’t stress about it and enjoy the rest of your day.
That's fair enough.

But I'll just say that my post regarding Jonathan David has very little correlation to our discussion on Jude Bellingham.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is the perfect Timo Werner replacement at RBL

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would be a good move for him under Marco Rose who is a fantastic young coach.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That would be an excellent move for both him and Gladbach.

poleglass red

has he signed for Lille or what, I see they are sniffing around Morales now from Rangers, are they signing both, or using one as a smokescreen.

Skills

Snitch
How do Ligue 1 watchers rate him?

He's scored 13 goals for Lille this season, but they're a low scoring team as it is. Even when they won the title last season they only scored 64 goals. Does he play a part in the low scores or is ready to go to a more potent team, become a 20+ goals per season player?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
How do Ligue 1 watchers rate him?

He's scored 13 goals for Lille this season, but they're a low scoring team as it is. Even when they won the title last season they only scored 64 goals. Does he play a part in the low scores or is ready to go to a more potent team, become a 20+ goals per season player?
If I’m not mistaken, some of that 13 has been from the spot too.

Highfather_24

Whenever I've seen him in Europe, he didnt impress me too much. Drifts in and out of games a lot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Whenever I've seen him in Europe, he didnt impress me too much. Drifts in and out of games a lot.
I feel like most strikers would to be fair. Even Kane can sometimes look dead quiet and then pop up with a goal or an assist randomly.

L1nk

More than likely going to go somewhere this summer as part of the striker merry go round

Reynoldo

More than likely going to go somewhere this summer as part of the striker merry go round
Would it be fair to assume ETH is a fan if Ajax were rumoured to be interested in the summer?

Mainoldo

Sounds like they’ve asked Romano to get him a move in this striker short market.

forevrared

If Ronaldo is on the way out, I’d hope we at least look at David as an option. He’s been impressive when I’ve seen him both in Ligue 1 and for Canada. He seems to fit the profile of the squad Ten Hag is building, as well. If Lille are looking to cash in, then it’s seemingly a doable deal.

Judas

Open to offers
Bit annoying to see another potential striker signing go elsewhere. Not surprised though, not someone I saw us being interested in for whatever reason.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Seems Bayern bound as Lewandowski replacement? Would be my preferred Ronaldo replacement.
Bit annoying to see another potential striker signing go elsewhere. Not surprised though, not someone I saw us being interested in for whatever reason.
United are still interested in him as are several other clubs. Regarding Bayern Munich, he's not near the top of their list and won't be a priority for them this summer, so we won't need to worry about that unless they miss out on their other striker targets.

Spielmacher

United are still interested in him as are several other clubs. Regarding Bayern Munich, he's not near the top of their list and won't be a priority for them this summer, so we won't need to worry about that unless they miss out on their other striker targets.
Who else are Bayern gonna buy if Lewandowski leaves? Werner?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Who else are Bayern gonna buy if Lewandowski leaves? Werner?
They've looked at Sasa Kalajdzic a month or two ago. Besides him and David, I don't know who else they're interested in. They've been quiet about their potential new strikers as they're still fully committed to keeping Lewandowski in the public eye.

Zed 101

Don't know this guy so watched the standard YT reel.... got to say didn't blow me away, looks to be clubbing the ball rather than finessing it, lots of goals from what would be termed clear cut chances where most players should score, that said we have a few players who seemed unable to score from clear cut chances last season.

YT doesn't show work rate, positioning, general play and also doesn't show missed chances.

But being as YT makes even the likes of O'Shea look like Zidanne (no offense to O'Shea intended, he would be a vast improvement on our current squad) if YT fails to make a striker look like fat Ronaldo in his pomp I am going to be wary, and hope we move on.

Golden Nugget

This really sounded like a Romano tweet :lol:

Theo88

If this guy is £25-30m maybe he needs to be assessed as a young talent that may cost 2x this in 2 years. Still from the little I’ve seen him he doesn’t dazzle defenders with crazy speed or amazing shooting. I could be wrong.

we are probably at a stage where we need to mix it up with out front line and since investing in Martial cant remember when it was the last time we got a young up and coming forward who is about to break in the first team. It’s either high school kids or people about to retire