Jonathan David

NYAS

Yep, first saw him at the Gold Cup last year and then a few games here and there for Gent this season. He’s extremely pacey and I think the greatest thing about him is his level of finishing at such a young age. He’s going to be a very good player.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Canadian player of the year ahead of Davies? Seriously impressive that.

Champagne Football

We absolutely will not be spending £83 million on Moussa Dembele as was quoted by Lyon.

If we manage to land Grealish and Sancho, then we'll be looking for a bargain striker that Ole can develop such as this bloke, as there won't be a whole lot of cash left over.

Martial and Greenwood's form is shifting the need for a big name striker to come in.

GenZRed

I was just about to post 'we don't need a new striker' then I remembered how Rashford's injury has left us short up front. Having said that, if we sign a winger player such as Grealish or Sancho then we probably won't needs a new number 9.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think with Greenwood being readied for the CF position we dont need to break the bank on a striker. But he is two to three years away from playing most games.

So all we need is a cheap enough striker to be on the bench and be relied when called upon.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
We absolutely will not be spending £83 million on Moussa Dembele as was quoted by Lyon.

If we manage to land Grealish and Sancho, then we'll be looking for a bargain striker that Ole can develop such as this bloke, as there won't be a whole lot of cash left over.

Martial and Greenwood's form is shifting the need for a big name striker to come in.
Agree, we shouldn't be scared to dip into the market for the odd promising player

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Me like. Scored with right foot, left foot, head. Seems confident with both feet, unlike some other strikers.
Get him. Hat tricks incoming.

Gerald G

As others have stated, I want us to spend big on midfielder/s and potentially Sancho. If that's the case then we need to sign a forward for relatively cheap. I know he's been playing in the Belgian league but he's got 18 goals and 7 assists in 25 matches, and 10 in 11 international matches. Plus he only turned 20 in January so should improve. I'd take a risk on him as he'd valued around £18m and we wouldn't really need a big name striker if we sign Sancho IMO.

mu4c_20le

Canadian player of the year ahead of Davies? Seriously impressive that.
He completely skipped the MLS and went straight into europe. never heard of him either.. just learned that 2 mins ago on wikipedia

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
As others have stated, I want us to spend big on midfielder/s and potentially Sancho. If that's the case then we need to sign a forward for relatively cheap. I know he's been playing in the Belgian league but he's got 18 goals and 7 assists in 25 matches, and 10 in 11 international matches. Plus he only turned 20 in January so should improve. I'd take a risk on him as he'd valued around £18m and we wouldn't really need a big name striker if we sign Sancho IMO.
They’ve already rejected €25m. There is no chance of getting him for £18m.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’d say £25-30m will get him.

The Pro League is slowly increasing in transfer fees, but it’s not quite at Eredivisie or Portuguese league level. This summer/winter gone: Wesley (£22m); Berge (£19m); Trossard (£18m); Danjuma (£16m).

passing-wind

He's supposedly very good but a number 10 ? I've seen highlights of Gent with him playing as an inside forward too so the question is what position would he occupy here ?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He needs to hire Raiola as his agent who would advise him not go to a big club and sit on the bench.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Porto offered 5m? Seriously, what are they on?

Very assured finisher but his name’s not Haaland so he can’t be any good;)

limerickcitykid

Fair enough. I thought they rejected an offer much lower than that in January, like in the region of £5m.
They rejected €6m last summer from a bundesliga club and then turned down a reported league record bid in January. Gent came out and said he isn’t a player to be sold for €25m and he has a few years on his contract and aren’t desperate to sell. Will likely come down to him pushing for a move and go in the €30-35m region.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His agent said Arsenal may be too big a step now so I doubt he would be coming to United. I think he'll go to a mid level club first, or do something similar to Haaland

onemanarmy

Doesn't look owt special, just an older slightly taller version of Dillon Hoogewerf.

And it's youtube, they could make Ronaldo and Messi look good!

Nothing to see here.
He really is special. He just turned 20, lost his mom this season missing quite some games and still scored 18 goals and 8 assists in the league. 4 goals in Europe too.
I wouldn't consider him a 10. He's a versatile player that can play there, but I prefer him playing next to another striker, both providing and scoring goals. He's ice cold in front of goal too. He's a gem. If he played with Ajax, he'd go for 40m.

arthurka

This buy makes so much sense. 30m would seal it, will be a massive player in a couple of years.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
He really is special. He just turned 20, lost his mom this season missing quite some games and still scored 18 goals and 8 assists in the league. 4 goals in Europe too.
I wouldn't consider him a 10. He's a versatile player that can play there, but I prefer him playing next to another striker, both providing and scoring goals. He's ice cold in front of goal too. He's a gem. If he played with Ajax, he'd go for 40m.
Shame about his Mam, and I wish the lad well but he'll probably need another season in Belgium after this, then at least a season in a higher level of football before he should even consider coming to England, if indeed he wants to.

He is very similar in style to Hoogewerf though having watched the video again.

poleglass red

Shame about his Mam, and I wish the lad well but he'll probably need another season in Belgium after this, then at least a season in a higher level of football before he should even consider coming to England, if indeed he wants to.

He is very similar in style to Hoogewerf though having watched the video again.
That depends on the player, look at his fellow Canadian Alphonso Davies, straight from MLS to Bayern Munich and looking excellent. I think for players in general we have to get ahead of the game, the days of us waiting a season or 2 for them to excel are gone. Need to get in now before that and I think that's the type of player Ole wants. Haven't seen this lad myself but scouting needs to be a lot more proactive in regards to not just this player but talented younger players in weaker leagues

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That depends on the player, look at his fellow Canadian Alphonso Davies, straight from MLS to Bayern Munich and looking excellent. I think for players in general we have to get ahead of the game, the days of us waiting a season or 2 for them to excel are gone. Need to get in now before that and I think that's the type of player Ole wants. Haven't seen this lad myself but scouting needs to be a lot more proactive in regards to not just this player but talented younger players in weaker leagues
Completely agree.

If the club feel he has the potential to develop into a top level forward then we should move now and potentially save ourselves a fortune.

limerickcitykid

Apparently he plays CAM, might not be a bad option if we get rid of both Lingard and Pereira.
He’s currently playing behind the front two or sometimes in the front two. But that’s with 3 CMs behind him. He’s very much a forward, not a midfield type 10 like Andreas or Lingard. He’s incredibly versatile though, I guess maybe a bit like Griezmann. Probably best as a support striker but pretty much equally good as a 9. Also good out wide. Great pace and one of the most clinical players you’ll see around. Works very hard too.

By all means, from what I’ve heard in the past he’d prefer a move to a second tier type club like RB Leipzig, Lyon etc. who will put his development first.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If Aubameyang does not renew his contract in summer I can see Arsenal move for him as replacement.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
There will always be exceptions, but the Premier League is the most physically demanding League in Europe, and by quite some distance, and everything is set up in Germany for Bayern to be successful so settling in without the pressure to perform always helps.

You can't buy every flavour of the month as the days of stockpiling are well and truly over, though somebody obviously forgot to tell Chelsea.

Cliche Guevara

I think we should introduce a policy of stockpiling the best promising youngsters like this guy.

We could even have around half a dozen out on loan at any given time to see how they do.

If we did get the player for around €25m I doubt we’d lose money even if he didn’t make it at United.