Jonathan Moss asked Pogba to stop taking the piss just because he tried Rainbow flick

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What the feck was Pogba doing that was even that fancy? He was keeping the ball in the corner... how is that taking the piss?

Seems petty, but I hope we report him or do something about that... for the betterment of not having Jon Moss ref games if anything else.

Genuine question, do you think Moss would have said that if it was good old Harry Kane down there? Or Phil Foden? And I'm not necessarily saying its a race thing, cos I bet he would have said the same if it was Bruno.
That has me confused too. He’s just given United a free, so it must have been after Pogba got fouled while shielding the ball. What’s this got to do with a rainbow flick?

Dante

Average bang
What the feck was Pogba doing that was even that fancy? He was keeping the ball in the corner... how is that taking the piss?

Seems petty, but I hope we report him or do something about that... for the betterment of not having Jon Moss ref games if anything else.

Genuine question, do you think Moss would have said that if it was good old Harry Kane down there? Or Phil Foden? And I'm not necessarily saying its a race thing, cos I bet he would have said the same if it was Bruno.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Let it be known that from now on, shielding the ball around the corner is "taking the piss" and opposition players can kick you for it with no consequence

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

this is the fault of pgmol. it’s an open secret that mike riley detests john moss. he’s tried to force him out of the game for years. moss, a young and mischievous linesman at this stage, once tied riley’s shoelaces together before a big fa cup quarter final match and left a note “did this riley you up? smileyface” since then, riley has been on a one man mission to destroy moss.

moss has approached me many times in tears at what he’s been subjected to. he is very much persona non grata in the referring world. no one likes riley but they feel they have to pally up to the bully to survive, to remain popular. so they kick downwards at moss. moss only continues to referee as it is all he knows. it’s what he promised his dying mum that he would always do and he needs the salary to finish that home for orphans he’s been working on. riley hates orphans. the toll this takes on moss is very real and causes him to stress eat. i’ve seen him eat a live chicken before a match due to nerves and the deliveroo driver being stuck in a queue at kfc.

this is entirely due to the contract pgmol had moss sign. riley still likes soccer am, which gives you a real insight into the kind of man we are dealing with here. he forces moss to copy the showboat reel in front of his orphans, knowing full well that moss has no co-ordination or skill. having the orphans laugh as moss hits the deck face first whilst trying to rabona is designed to humiliate moss. with the game gone, moss simply didn’t want to have to replicate pogba’s flick, so asked him to cut it out.

iHicksy

He can "take the piss" by being better than him all he likes, that's what football is about you fat snowflake. Guess refs should let city get fouled constantly with no comeback since they take the piss by keeping the ball so well.

Is that a rainbow flick? Or is he doing some sort of fake... is there a better angle?
Looks like he tried but didn't get the ball high enough.

Either way who gives a shit, it's what the fans want to see. Well, unless you're a fan of Burnley. Then you want to see spear tackles.

Abizzz

Imagine Moss telling Ronaldinho to stop taking the piss, and Ronaldinho listening to it and taking it to heart. The football world would have been much poorer for it.

Completely out of line by the ref and should be handled accordingly.

Mihai

When we take off our rose tinted glasses off and turn events around. United 3 goals down, Burnley players doing rainbow flicks and passing the ball around the corner flag, then we won't be this pissed. It's football grow up. Of course, Moss is tits. All prem refs are.

Burnley players doing rainbow flicks

:lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's the only angle they showed. Definitely an attempted rainbow flick at 90:52.
Looks like he tried but didn't get the ball high enough.

Either way who gives a shit, it's what the fans want to see. Well, unless you're a fan of Burnley. Then you want to see spear tackles.
Well if anything, a failed rainbow flick is usually a bit sad... Moss should have been offering him words of encouragement.

Or he should mind his feckin' business and ref the game.

Matt007a

You'd have to send off Okocha or Ronaldinho every week if showboating was an offense. I hope this is looked into.

padzilla

Hipster
Remember somebody made a vile tackle on Ronaldo when United were running down the clock years ago against Boro and their then manager Gareth Southgate refused to condemn the tackle?

youngrell

This is the attitude of referees up and down the country, sadly. They hardly ever speak to players with any respect so there's no wonder they get so little in return.

Burnley players can get annoyed and commit a foul if they want to, but the referee is there to caution them if they do and not stick up for them because someone showed a bit of skill while shielding the ball.

Moss is long overdue a relegation (or probably a few) because he's far and away the worst referee in the PL. He's like the old bloke who refs in my Sunday league that guesses decisions because he's too far away from the action to actually see it.

Ace of Spades

Pathetic officiating once again. At least there is consistency in their shitness.

One of the many reasons that I am completely apathetic about football now.

redrobed

Moss has said before that he hates us. It’s been confirmed that he’s a Man City fan.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Moral police Jon Moss :lol:

We should file an official complaint against him.
Yeah because the FA are bound to to take our side after we basically told them to feck themselves we are off to the money league :lol:
Moss should in all honesty be fecking fired. Inadequate little prick

big rons sovereign

I just think it invites trouble though. You can't be surprised if someone comes an cleans you out, and no one wants a pointless injury.
How dare anybody showcase their skills or enjoy themselves. Shocking stuff.
Cloggers only.

From now on, there should be no more De Niro's or Day Lewis'
No sir, they take the piss.....

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don't know if this has already been covered but just to be clear:

Jon Moss is a fat ferret-fiddling sack of Leeds shit. He's twice the man the rest of us are due to eating so many doughnuts that even though he's literally paid to run for 90 minutes twice a week he's still somehow chronically unfit and has 3 moons orbiting his midriff.

He must sit there comatose the rest of the week in his record shop listening to Lizzo on loop, only getting up for another box of Krispy Kremes to robotically shovel into his gaping maw while the stream of shit trickles down his leg.

drdoityourself

This will get you a word from the referee but not Chris Wood two footing Dean Henderson, or Chris Wood elbowing McTominay. Or Chris Wood throwing himself to the ground at every opportunity.

The double standard is pathetic, and at the heart of it is the myth that is Burnley. These supposed hard men of the PL are the biggest divers and time wasters in the league, yet no one will ever point that out, not even the referee will stand up to them. Luckily the worst of them all Ashley Barnes was missing yesterday.

The Original

There is a vague rule that allows refs to penalize players for all unsportsmanlike conduct without defining what that might mean, and leaving it up to the refs to determine what could be unsportsmanlike.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
If I was Pogba there I would have started breakdancing over and around the football for 7 minutes. Moss would have had a brain hemorrhage and died on the spot.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Burnley are a bunch of woodchoppers and Moss allowed their primitive football for 90 mins.

sugar_kane

So blatantly a dirty Leeds fan it's not even funny, would be more acceptable if the guy was even slightly physically fit enough to referee beyond Sunday League level.

cyberman

Could be classed as unsportmanslike conduct but referees need to be reigned in. When did it become ok for them to police contact before a set piece is taken? Stand back, blow the whistle and give a foul if thats what it is. Its alwsys been a pet hate of mine.

Andersons Dietician

Yes, exactly. After the 2008 FA Cup game against Arsenal, Nani was criticised by some people for doing the 'seal dribble' when we were 4-0 up - but I kinda felt that the Arsenal players trying to kick him off the pitch in the process were far more unsportsmanlike.
I seem to remember Scholes having a word with Nani at the time telling him to cut it out. I think I’ve seen Giggs have a word with Ronaldo also against Arsenal. To me as a spectator I want to see footballers do things that us mere mortals could only dream of doing on a pitch under preasure.
Ive never really understood the idea of not killing teams as well. I seem to recall a game where we were 4-0 up or something and later Fergie said he told us to go on to cruise mode as there was no point in embarrassing a team.

I would think if I’m competing I would be more annoyed by a person going half speed against me.