Jonathan Moss asked Pogba to stop taking the piss just because he tried Rainbow flick

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

And then allowed him to get kicked, without anyone getting yellow.

Disasterclass.

Siorac

How is Moss still allowed to referee games...

I can't imagine him passing any fitness test.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What is his right to say that?

Premier league refs are something else :confused:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That’s ridiculous. I’ll never understand the ‘showboating’ thing. If you are good enough to do rainbow flicks and take the piss out of the opposition then good on you, it’s up to the opponents to get the ball back and go and score a goal. I’ve never understood how it’s ‘unethical’ or unsportsmanlike, it’s entertaining.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ridiculous stuff. The linesman doesn’t even flag for the clattering. :lol:

Something similar-ish happened to Neymar last year. He genuinely got a yellow card (and you’d imagine a similar word in French from the ref) for trying to do a rainbow flick.

Dr. StrangeHate

And then allowed him to get kicked, without anyone getting yellow.

Disasterclass.
WTF did I just see. Surely there is some other context to it. If not then Moss should be relegated.
What would moss do if he was refereeing Ronaldinho, Neymar, and Messi.

AFC NimbleThumb

The ESL will take the headlines but this is disgraceful imo.

Shielding the ball in stoppage time from thugs is ‘taking the piss’ now apparently.

Awful referee.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That’s ridiculous. I’ll never understand the ‘showboating’ thing. If you are good enough to do rainbow flicks and take the piss out of the opposition then good on you, it’s up to the opponents to get the ball back and go and score a goal. I’ve never understood how it’s ‘unethical’ or unsportsmanlike, it’s entertaining.
I just think it invites trouble though. You can't be surprised if someone comes an cleans you out, and no one wants a pointless injury.

Siorac

Yes, exactly. After the 2008 FA Cup game against Arsenal, Nani was criticised by some people for doing the 'seal dribble' when we were 4-0 up - but I kinda felt that the Arsenal players trying to kick him off the pitch in the process were far more unsportsmanlike.

Siorac

I just think it invites trouble though. You can't be surprised if someone comes an cleans you out, and no one wants a pointless injury.
Again, the emphasis on the wrong thing. Why do we just accept it that if you try a clever trick, some thug will attempt to end your career? Maybe we should stamp THAT out of the game, instead of technically proficient players entertaining people.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Fergie said about 10 years ago that he wasn't fit to referee.

Now I know he didn't meant just physically.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It's a legitimate way to defend a lead. Inviting trouble? So is being in the penalty box trying to score a goal. Wtf are you on about.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Again, the emphasis on the wrong thing. Why do we just accept it that if you try a clever trick, some thug will attempt to end your career? Maybe we should stamp THAT out of the game, instead of technically proficient players entertaining people.
Spot on, the rainbow flick was to try and attack anyway, so it’s not like it was to kill the game.

But he tried to do a trick therefore it’s okay to try and end his career.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The last thing I want to see on the pitch is a bit of creativity.

Ralaks

Should be enough proof that he is not fit to ref anymore. If you can't follow the rules, or interpret it as you wish deliberately going against the rules - then you are not fit to ref anymore.

Wish we'd tell the FA that we do not wish him to ref our games anymore similar to West Ham and Dean. But I suppose today the communication between clubs and FA might have a different focus.

SirAF

Ageist
100% agree. Showboating is a part of the game.

The club should take that clip and make an official complaint. What has it got to do with a referee if a player is trying to do a skill or not?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It was a beautiful piece of skill that should be celebrated. Moss is an idiot.

Edit: I may be mistaken as to which moment from the game it was. But regardless, I see no issue with players trying pieces of skill on the pitch. The notion that you shouldn't try anything flamboyant has always been ridiculous. Even moreso coming from a referee who has no business interfering with how football is played as long as it is within the rules.

Abizzz

Suddenly players swearing and screaming at refs makes a bit more sense.

SER19

Pointed this out at time. Its the anger in his voice that shows why he shouldn't be reffing United. Pure frustration. Surely what pogba did is better than turning to the flag and shielding it

Joeace2020

When we take off our rose tinted glasses off and turn events around. United 3 goals down, Burnley players doing rainbow flicks and passing the ball around the corner flag, then we won't be this pissed. It's football grow up. Of course, Moss is tits. All prem refs are.

amolbhatia50k

When we take off our rose tinted glasses and turn events around. United 3 goals down, Burnley players doing rainbow flicks and passing the ball around the corner flag, then we won't get this pissed. It's football grow up.
In that scenario we should be pissed off at our own inability to win the ball back off them rather than their audacity to keep it and do a few neat tricks.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just seen it. What the feck has it got to do with the officials? Just goes to show they think they're bigger than they are

amolbhatia50k

Just seen it. What the feck has it got to do with the officials? Just goes to show they think they're bigger than they are
Moral police Jon Moss :lol:

We should file an official complaint against him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think you could reasonably accuse someone of taking the piss if they’re several goals ahead and taunting opposition defenders just to make themselves look good.

Absolutely insane to accuse Pogba of that while trying to preserve a narrow lead.
A referee can never reasonably accuse it of a player in any circumstances.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Absolute disaster. And this is something which is annoying me the most in recent years. Moss is not the only one. Remember Phil Neville when he said that he would kick someone who would try to nutmeg him? When Neymar did little tricks in France and players kicked the shit out of him? When Keane (or Gary) warned Cristiano Ronaldo on training about making them silly with dribbles?

Club must react on this. He is a ref and this is not acceptable

Rick88

What sort of logic is that? Let's ban the nutmeg too as it made the player feel 'bad'.
Had the rainbow flick worked out, pogba would have broken the press and put United in a dangerous position to score. Referees should stick to their job.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
When we take off our rose tinted glasses off and turn events around. United 3 goals down, Burnley players doing rainbow flicks and passing the ball around the corner flag, then we won't be this pissed. It's football grow up. Of course, Moss is tits. All prem refs are.
ManUtd weren't 3-0 up and was in luxury position. We were 2-1 up and Pogba was wasting the time by keeping the ball near the corner flag.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That fat bastard must have connections upstair. A two footed planting on Henderson, and not even a yellow.

And now you can just hacked a player from behind if he does fancy thing on the field.