View full 2014-15 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Classical Mechanic

You are criticizing him for the sake of it now. So if he is being closed down, he will obviously wave out to his team mates to make themselves available for the pass. If that spreads "panic" among paid professionals at the top level, then God help us.
I am only speculating on that point. I accept that. Watch him next time he plays, in away games it gets the opposition crowd a little bit roused when he does it and he turns back passes backwards. It makes us look on the back foot.

That aside he still made too many mistakes for me.

stevoc

It is waving your hands about saying 'who is on, where are you?'. Just watch him next time he plays.
Jesus asking your teammates to position themselves for a pass is a panic gesture now?

What should he have done then just lumped it up the pitch?

stevoc

Just pass it back without a fuss like everyone else.
Yeah but if no one was showing for a pass then who is he passing it to without a fuss?

Also he wasn't the only player to do it yesterday, i would expect every player to do it if the rest of the team are not making themselves available to receive the ball.

How the feck that can be twisted into a criticism i don't know.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
First thing in the transfer window we need to get rid of this waste of space. He gets injured too much and even when he's fit, he does a lot of silly mistakes. He's 27 now.

Classical Mechanic

Yeah but if no one was showing for a pass then who is he passing it to without a fuss?

Also he wasn't the only player to do it yesterday, i would expect every player to do it if the rest of the team are not making themselves available to receive the ball.

If you watch our defenders play they pass back and sideways if they can't find a forward man readily. It is a pattern that happens time and time again in every game we play. Evans is the only one who looks terrified every time he can't find someone and is getting pressed.

Watch for yourself next time he plays for, if he ever does again that is. I am out on this point.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

Honestly that is one of the dumbest criticisms I've ever heard. Next thing he'll be criticized for trying to talk to the other players.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
First thing in the transfer window we need to get rid of this waste of space. He gets injured too much and even when he's fit, he does a lot of silly mistakes. He's 27 now.
Agreed.

stevoc

If you watch our defenders play they pass back and sideways if they can't find a forward man readily. It is a pattern that happens time and time again in every game we play. Evans is the only one who looks terrified every time he can't find someone and is getting pressed.

Watch for yourself next time he plays for, if he ever does again that is. I am out on this point.
So instead of trying to be positive and urging his team mates to make themselves available for a forward pass he should just pass it back to the keeper.

I am almost positive he was getting vilified for taking the easy option and passing it back too much before his suspension. I guess his biggest crime now in the eyes of a lot of fans is being Jonny Evans damned if he does and damned if he doesn't it seems.

I wonder which player will be turned on next and constantly criticized if/when Evans does leave the club.

stevoc

Honestly that is one of the dumbest criticisms I've ever heard. Next thing he'll be criticized for trying to talk to the other players.
Nah i think that already happened a few months back mate when the same set of numpties criticized him one week for not showing enough leadership and the next week ripped into him for bullying the younger defenders by telling them what to do.

So basically any vague criticism that pops into their heads in any given week.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Nah i think that already happened a few months back mate when the same set of numpties criticized him one week for not showing enough leadership and the next week ripped into him for bullying the younger defenders by telling them what to do.

So basically any vague criticism that pops into their heads in any given week.
:lol: I remember that. Apparently he is too shite to tell other players what to do.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Watched the game again and apart from the moment with Zaha he seemed fine to me.
He was fine, no way anyone can argue otherwise. Peoples opinions just get in the way and the want to believe what wasn't there.

Loublaze

ATLien

I hope we've seen the last of him.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
The usual Evans apologists out in force again I see.

He's garbage lads and he won't be wearing the shirt next season. Let it go.