4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I don't care if you're coming back from injury, that is a shameful performance.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I don't know, I remember Carlton Cole completely took him apart a few years ago in the league cup.
Carlton Cole is shit but even so.. this is MK Dons. I wasn't on about Evans specifically either.

kps88

Do we have any defenders left who don't have a mistake in them?

Skills

Snitch
Hey at least he's great on the ball right? Most important ability for a CB.

Roopea

And some people wanted this error prone CB to become our captain, the mind boggles really.

JmRssll555

It seems that our need for a centre back is even more urgent than most of us realised. Evans was as miserable tonight as he was against West Ham in that infamous Carling Cup tie of 2010/11. Shameful for a defender of his experience.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Worst defensive performance I have seen in my life, worse than Senderos at his worst.

Enigma_87

You know who
What? He only missed 1 pre-season game, and he got hooked at half time in the last one he played.
He needs more games I mean. He featured in the first games but again he's off the pace. Not close to his form.

Oo0AahCantona

Absolutely no bottle whatsoever. look, good players make the odd mistake, but he was shit all night long against mickey mouse opposition, and frankly he's well known for dropping clangers and this has just solidified that view in a lot of fans.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
spent the whole game adjusting the arm band so everyone could read it, continued to shout orders out, whilst being completely shit.

MoneyMay

Carrying on from last season as our least impressive CB
The exaggeration in your post to make Evans seem like he was awful last season is ridiculous. Even worse than Ferdinand and Vidic? Evans and Smalling were, by far, our two best CBs last season. Some argue Evans was our best CB; others argue Smalling, but both were more solid than Ferdinand, Vidic, and Jones.
Shit unless Vidic or Rio are next to him. He's proven it time and time again.
I don't believe this to be true. Evans was absolutely poor today, but he's had many games alongside Smalling/Jones where he's looked very good. The problem for him right now is that he doesn't look like a genuine leader despite improving on this aspect, and that's what Manchester United need at the back.

Mister_Stubbs

Just one of the many who deserve to be shown the exit door this summer, disgusting performance tonight.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can forgive the poor pass for the first goal, sometimes that happens.

The last goal though, my god was he an absolute bottler/pussy. Why he jumped out of that tackle instead of smashing Afobe I will never know.

Winrar

Embarrassing display. Based on today's performance he deserves to be have his contract terminated, but let's see if he improves and understands Van Gaal's system as the season goes.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Evans being Evans.

You can't have a defender who has it in him to be as completely shit as is when he is having a bad game.

His best is nowhere near good enough to justify his place in the squad.

Djemba-Djemba

He was absolutely shocking tonight. He was massively at fault for the first goal with a disgraceful and lazy pass to the opposition in his own area and for the fourth goal he put in a shamefully feeble challenge. Got away with a blatant handball too, could have easily been a penalty.

In general I think he's a good defender but he is always capable of these nightmare performances, and they stop him from being a truly top class defender. He shouldn't be anywhere near the first team on Saturday.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Really bad from the bits I've seen of the game.

Generally he's alright but no more than that. The fact that he's underrated by non-United fans doesn't actually mean he's good enough to be a first choice player for us.

izec

Never will be good enough. Give Smalling and Jones playing time when not injured. We just can hope that Rojo is good enough. Sell him and Keane next year, buy Hummels and hope the others step up.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
He's a good player who had a shit game. It happens.
Finally some sense. Some short memories on here. No doubt he was utter shite tonight though

Think a few of us need to go and sleep this off.

Bojan11

I don't get him. He'd get dominated by any old lump, yet perform well against Drogba.

But that performance was simply bad. So bad that he should be 6th choice at the moment.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Horrendous performance but gets the "just back from an injury" excuse that also applies to powell. Obviously a game too soon for both of them. Be retarded to draw long term conclusions from tonight. Although, no doubt, that's already happening. S'all in the caf, yo.

MoneyMay

Just one of the many who deserve to be shown the exit door this summer, disgusting performance tonight.
After the season he just had, which is average compared to his 11/12 season, why would Manchester United sell their most experienced centre-back? With LvG coming in, there was no way we were going to sell him. He's not even the problem. As most have mentioned, Evans was terrible tonight. But it's his first game back from injury so I don't quite understand all the negativity.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
And a lot of very romantic (and presumably very Irish) posters were calling for him to be captain. Not anywhere near.

FromTheBench

Him and Cheech are worst performers today along with Anderson.

3 most senior players out there today.

Anyway. i think he had injury and the defenders are being ripped into too much for what they had in front.

m1tch

Was glad to see him back when I saw the starting 11, after all he should be our most experienced and best centre back. 90 minutes later I'm feeling a little less confident about the positive impact his return will have at the back! Seriously though, lets hope he's got all that shit out of his system tonight and he can produce the goods when he returns to the league 11.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I've never been his biggest fan, and now I'm of the opinion that - if anyone needs to make way for a commanding, experienced centre-back, it should be him.