View full 2014-15 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Sam

He's great when he doesn't have to do any actual defending...

He had a good game by his standards. He didnt gift them a goal.

Zoo

Good today. Hopefully by now Van Gaal realises that he only does well as the left-sided CB in a back 4.

SirAF

Ageist
Was close to shitting myself anytime he was involved.

There was a stage in the second half he was in possession facing de Gea whilst he was being pressed by a Sunderland player, it took him about six years to clear the feckin' ball. I absolutely roared at the screen. I've no confidence in him at the moment. He allowed Defoe a few easy shots in the first half too.
Absolutely agree with this post. Especially about the part in bold: the worst thing I see in a football match is when a player dallies on the ball - it drives me nuts.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
He was fine today…there will always be a degree of 'iffiness' when the manager changes the defence every week. Defenders need to play in settled back 3/4 or whatever. No defender has had that luxury so they have all looked dodgy on occasions.

His biggest weakness has been his distribution. He was good with the ball today and I would much rather him take his time to find his man (regardless of how it might appear on TV) and also pass the ball back to De Gea when there a limited options.

Crowd who got on his back are brainless.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Not a fan of his but he shouldn't be criticised for today's performance he had a good game.

Cristiano Jonaldo

Lawyer Here!
I guess I'm the only one who thought he was poor today?

Several backpasses to the keeper when he had better forward options, and mostly easy side and backpasses generally. Didn't have much defending to do at all and offered nothing else on the field.

The best thing I could say is that he didn't feck anything up, which shouldn't really count as praise.

Gannicus

A few wobbles, but nothing horrific. I think I gave Jonny a 6 for today's performance.

He's not a United regular starter in my book, but as a fifth or sixth CB option I have no objections to Jonny being on the squad.

beergod

I understand the crowds frustration with us moving backwards and sideways, I share it but I really didn't like them getting on his back the few times he went back to De Gea. I mean, he had to go get the ball, facing his own goal, absolutely no options on and even if he wanted to turn and pick a forward pass, Sunderland are pushing up on the backs of those options, nothing wrong with keeping the ball in that situation.

I expect an avalanche of abuse coming his way but I think he has done his job fine.
Excellent post. I hate seeing our fans getting on his back when he is doing the right thing.

We played our "traditional" formation (wide players, four at the back) and I don't think it is a coincidence that this was the best he has looked all season. He may be one of those players that has a lot of trouble adapting to the changes in tactics.

drdoityourself

What worried me today wasn't his passing but he was so easy to take on. Granted, there wasn't much actual defending required today but on the two occasions someone ran at him he was easily bypassed.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
What worried me today wasn't his passing but he was so easy to take on. Granted, there wasn't much actual defending required today but on the two occasions someone ran at him he was easily bypassed.
Maybe fair but those specific times he was left isolated and you could see him in two minds about whether to tackle or hold the player up. Of course, could have done better but I think he made decent decisions, sometimes credit has to go to the attacker for taking a defender on, when one of ours do it, we praise the attacker, not look at the defender.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
For once, Evans didn't really make a big mistake in a match, and in the end, he put up a decent performance. On the ball, he wasn't as ponderous as slow as he used to be, and he showed more confidence on the ball for quite some time. Defensively, he was okay bar the beginning when he was shaky. I still don't think he can make it as a starting defender, but as a squad option, he can be okay.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I think the more natural width contributed to a better performance, he had more angles, less congestion to play through. I know it's one performance against Sunderland but as one of the few that still rate him, especially above Jones, I'm just really happy that he hasn't be thrown under a bus.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
On those occasions where was smalling? On one of the occasions you mention Evans had the nan ruining at him and the man just over his shoulder. He held his ground till help arrived. I thought he did ok

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
I really hate watching this guy play for us as he's not United quality but he wasn't bad today. Put in a good shift and didn't make any silly mistakes or brainfarts.

ZDwyr

He was decent. Not as good as his CB partner but he didn't make any bad errors; I'm not an Evans fan either. Hopefully he can build off that performance and improve his form.

ChrisG11

He was good today, let's not have another case of trying to fish out any little mistakes to try and suggest otherwise.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Hard to defend it, unless it was just out of habit. Cisse certainly thought he meant it and retaliated in kind

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Incredibly stupid from him if he ends up getting a ban.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I really don't think it was intentional but I could be biased because he is our player. Cisse was the bigger idiot though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
surely he was just spitting on the floor, as per every footballer all the time?

Didn't see Cisse spit back. Did he?

Can't remember a UK/Irish footballer spitting and getting banned. When was the last one?
Can remember a few Europeans.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Just me who can't see what he did wrong then?