Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Loublaze

ATLien
That's just silly.

Wow, Rojo's been injured that much? I do recall LVGs obsession with left footed CBs on the left. I feel like I haven't seen Rojo play CB in months.

Evans was so bad in a back 3 I think people are overreacting a bit. It seems Rojo is a sick note, we know Jones and Smalling are too, we're going to need a lot of CBs, he fine for that kinda deep cover.
Rojo is hardly a sicknote. What am I actually reading here? I seriously feel you're on a WUM. Evans is sooo gone.

izec

Some posters are too sentimental. There is nothing that suggests Evans is worth keeping, nothing.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Given his age and injury record i dont see a point in keeping him. Given that we will most likely bring in a CB Evans would be 5/6th joice.

His exit will benefit both parties.

But i cannot understand the venom towards him. He has been a good servant to this club.

Getsme

Given his age and injury record i dont see a point in keeping him. Given that we will most likely bring in a CB Evans would be 5/6th joice.

But i cannot understand the venom towards him. He has been a good servant to this club.
It's pathetic really.

m1y2

Some posters are too sentimental. There is nothing that suggests Evans is worth keeping, nothing.
if he rediscovered his form from 11/12 12/13 he would be massive boost for our defense. I don't care how he ends up tbh, I lost patience with him but I don't think it's all clear that we will let him go and buy center back.. as well as with rafael but we will see.

Loublaze

ATLien

Its not personal. He's just fecking useless to us as a team going forward. Thats the way it is. I saw a whole lot worse written about Evra in his final seasons and it wasn't right. Evans is not even half the player Evra is

FromTheBench

Thing is if we buy a CB then he becomes 5th/6th choice at current state. Plus he gets injured all the time and has the least scope for improvement in terms of age of our batch of defenders.

Moving now would be best for both parties.

Smores

Its like this place is full of 12 year olds at times....

Its a difficult one this as the lad may find his solid form again, however, I'm not sure we can risk having him in the squad when Smalling and Jones are also so injury prone.

As much as Jones has never had an injury free season or one solid season you'd think it'll come down to a choice between them and Jones will probably stay.

roseguy64

While he may not have gone on to become a club legend, he has had a good time at the club. Not too many come through the system and do as well as he did. In a time where we spend like crazy, can't ask for too much more than the service he has given us.
Exactly, it's not like he's been rubbish for us. Apart from this season and a season earlier in his career, he's been good to great for us. He was first choice starter for a lot of people because he deserved it.

Loublaze

ATLien
What age are you? Genuine question.
Really? Im not going to give you the satisfaction of an answer to that. We've debated before several times. I don't rate Evans at all, that doesn't make me childish.

Getsme

Really? Im not going to give you the satisfaction of an answer to that. We've debated before several times. I don't rate Evans at all, that doesn't make me childish.
You’ve kind of answered it, cheers.

Flying_Heckfish

While he may not have gone on to become a club legend, he has had a good time at the club. Not too many come through the system and do as well as he did. In a time where we spend like crazy, can't ask for too much more than the service he has given us.
We could do with a few coming through at that level, shame that level is that of a squad player. I don't think he has reached the level we hoped a few season ago.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I like Johny, but don't really see any logical role for him since Smalling has emerged, Rojo has been bought, and Jones has been playing a fair bit at CB. And that's not even factoring the possibility of Hummels or another CB getting bought this summer.

Skills

Snitch
I'm one of his bigger critics but he was fine for us, doesn't deserve any stick looking back at his whole time here. Was a promising young player, became a useful squad player for a few years, looked like he might step to be real first team quality for a club of Utd's size but just fell short at the end. Made it further than most and it was all for free.

Sylar

He was fantastic when he had a leader like Rio next to him.

injuries havent helped, but hes had some really good games for us. I just dont think it works with a defender like Jones / smalling next to him unfortunately.

mu77

he was never that good. weak and heartless. yes he may have had a few matches when he played well enough to be a squadie only when he had a world class defender watching him , he is the senior defender and has shown his lack of a spine. 5th choice cb for me.

Getsme

he was never that good. weak and heartless. yes he may have had a few matches when he played well enough to be a squadie only when he had a world class defender watching him , he is the senior defender and has shown his lack of a spine. 5th choice cb for me.
Is this your fist season watching United?

Godfather

Show him the door. Not good enough to be first choice and not fit enough to be second. Fair well.

mu77

I’m struggling to understand your previous post then, of course, you may just be talking bollocks which is the more logical theory.
i was never impressed by him. looked like he was going to be something but never did anything beyond being a squad player for me. looked good enough when next to a WC defender but too easily went sideways then backwards when push came to shove. you have a different opinion of him.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not reliable enough in form or fitness. I would rather sell and replace with a top class defender and let Rojo and Jones battle to be the back ups to new player and Smalling.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Taking emotions out of it, his form has been up and down in his time here, you can understand why some see the glass half full with him, and others half empty, I'd say with LvG, he's been his 4th choice CB for the majority of the season behind Smalling, Jones & Rojo, he's also made a few poor passes that could well have seen us punished which i'm sure a manager who scrutinises every game in minute detail will have picked up on.
When you think he's had his injury problems as well, then you have to come to the conclussion LvG cant be too enamoured judged on what he's seen from him since his arrival, it wouldn't be a shock to see him leave this summer.

Gannicus

Jonny needs a fresh start with a new club. It hasn't worked for him at OT for the last 3 seasons and he's at best 4th in the depth chart and with a top CB coming in and McNair emerging as a solid young prospect there's no point in him staying. Instead, he could have a solid career with a mid table club such as Stoke.

Best to rip the bandage.

Loublaze

ATLien
You’ve kind of answered it, cheers.
You're so passive aggressive. Pathetic really. I've seen you do this with other posters who didn't share your views on Evans. Most of your last posts in the Smalling thread were deliberately timed to counter the flack Evans was getting in this thread. You can try and deny it, I don't care.

Get a grip. Just because you don't agree with his points doesn't mean you need to belittle him like that.
He does this shit all the time and tries to come off as the more mature poster. Passive aggressive.

Getsme

Get a grip. Just because you don't agree with his points doesn't mean you need to belittle him like that.
His post suggested to me that he had only watched the team this season.

You're so passive aggressive. Pathetic really. I've seen you do this with other posters who didn't share your views on Evans. Most of your last posts in the Smalling thread were deliberately timed to counter the flack Evans was getting in this thread. You can try and deny it, I don't care.

He does this shit all the time and tries to come off as the more mature poster. Passive aggressive.
Passive aggresive? Explain, or will you ignore this post like you many others that call you up on your bullshit?