Jordan Henderson: overrated/underrated?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Klopp has other leaders out there, if he doesn't replace Henderson as a starter as of next season City win another league title and Liverpool don't win the CL again.

As others have said, he's the worst player in their starting XI.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Whenever someone says "X player isn't good enough for a top team" he's the example that jumps to my mind of a player who absolutely looked like he wasn't good enoigh for a top team but still somehow made it in one by fitting in better than more talented players. A sign that even when your squad looks shit, some players can end up surprising you under the right manager.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He's the most obvious player to be upgraded in what is a very good side. They need a box to box midfielder in his place that can create and hit double figures of goals a season. Thought he looked out of his depth last night given the technical ability on display.

In his role of captain he gets a free pass as the team is performing very well and his slabbering is seen as being massive

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
At 31 he has no business playing a box to box number 8 role. It’s been an issue all season on several occasions. Far better as a 6 these days.

izec

He is a good squad player and important for how they play. He would be of no use to Real for example, where he would be far too limited technically.

Abraxas

Fail to see how he can be particularly overrated when nobody is really jumping out to praise him. He's probably not underrated either as ultimately he's been associated with a successful side and he shares in that. He's a cog in the Liverpool machine and he has done it well. He's getting on a bit so I think he'll see a reduced or different role.

Orion.

Prime example of PED use in football; decent midtable player who’s been able to close the talent gap on the elite with sheer superhuman intensity.

Kag

Can’t help but admire Henderson. He has no real right to have achieved what he has, but he’s gone and done it anyway. He’ll need to be replaced in that Liverpool team, but he must be great to have around the club.

Gavinb33

Neither.

He is decidedly mid just in a great team, I'd argue that prior to Thiago, Liverpool’s midfield was very mid but they were all hard workers and gave the platform to the rest of team by sacrificing themselves for the team.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Thought he had a good game today but he’s struggling a bit for Liverpool. Probably age catching up with him. Still a capable midfielder.

Abraxas

Good player. You're not exactly going to play for a decent Liverpool side for years if you're shite. I don't think Klopp gives out appearances for the fun of it. He has good work rate, leadership, decent passer. Not a world beater but not every body in midfield needs to be, you need tactical function as well.

90 + 5min

Of course underrated. Best english central midfielder there is. Leader, can pass, can shoot, can run. Determination and desire. Age is not on his side.

El Zoido

His leadership and experience is really important in this England side. You need those kinds of players in your squad.

Charles Miller

I'm not sure if he is underrated. He is mostly disrespected. I think its the way many football fans are now. Especially in the social meida era and when salaries of players are more or less known. There is a lot of disrespect.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Good player. You're not exactly going to play for a decent Liverpool side for years if you're shite. I don't think Klopp gives out appearances for the fun of it. He has good work rate, leadership, decent passer. Not a world beater but not every body in midfield needs to be, you need tactical function as well.
This. I think if you compare him to English midfielders of the previous generation he isn’t as good and that’s where people get carried away. He is also not a glamorous player and has a face as dislikable as Fodens hairline which doesn’t really help his cause. But he is by no means a shite player.