Film Jordan Peele's NOPE

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'll watch it cus its Jordan Peele, but what's actually going on?

Nickosaur

Trailer looks good but at the end of the day it's a sentient cloud ffs.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Horses turn planets into people and horses into planets. Also people turn aliens into planets and then planets into horses.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Whatever it turns out to be I fully expect it to be fecking amazing. Peele is such an intelligent guy that it certainly won't be a thin plot.

Superunknown

Really looking forward to this. Loved both Get Out and Us, and the trailer for this has me pumped.

:drool:

Daniel Kaluuya is just great. Love him in everything he's in.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They showed this at The Batman's premier. As far as trailers go it's probably one of the best I've seen in a long time. The audience reaction was palpable, not often seen. Anyway, my daughter and I are all in.

Suv666

Its either going to be really good or really shite

Sylar

They showed this at The Batman's premier. As far as trailers go it's probably one of the best I've seen in a long time. The audience reaction was palpable, not often seen. Anyway, my daughter and I are all in.
I do like when trailers don't spoil the whole movie. It's why I was so into the Cloverfield trailer and movie from years ago

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I do like when trailers don't spoil the whole movie. It's why I was so into the Cloverfield trailer and movie from years ago
Insane theories flying around off the back of that. Movie was a tad underwhelming, mind.

Sylar

Insane theories flying around off the back of that. Movie was a tad underwhelming, mind.
I watched it in cinema and really enjoyed the experience as I wasnt sure what to expect and the 'monster' was better than I expected.

Most of the 'monster' reveals are normally a disappointment.

Hopefully the reveal for Nope is good. Ive enjoyed Peeles movies so far.

RedDevilRoshi

Seen it when it came out. Absolutely brutal. Left the cinema thinking what the feck have I just watched?!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Is Peele going to go all M Night on us... Some very good scenes but I was left a bit nonplussed with it all. I had no interest in the mystery once revealed. But it did make me think about themes of media consumption and creature dominance, two widely varying topics it had to be said :houllier:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
NOPE
As with Us, didn't enjoy this as much as I'd hoped. Whilst yeah there's a lot of thematic things, allegories, hidden meanings and deeper layers, JP has forgotten that the base narrative needs to be good first and foremost and these things mentioned need to enhance it. But his films just throw too much at the wall and just leave you (or Reddit) to decipher it for the full experience.

Get Out on the other hand was just a good movie and the layers underneath the hood made it a great movie. It was also single minded in its themes... Whereas this has too many themes running side by side.

Also, the acting and characters were quite shit and the sister character was sooooo annoying. It was still well produced though and great sound design and some tense scenes 5.5/10

Last edited:

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Watched this last week. It looks great, and a couple of scenes were outstanding (one in particular), but I just wasn’t that into it, overall. There’s a massive amount going on, but not one plot thread or even a character/performance that holds it together. I think a good 20-25 minutes could have been taken out and it would have been a lot better.

Ekeke

I liked it. Not perfect but better than most of the newer movies I've seen

I didnt quite get the connection between the incident with the kid and the monkey and then his adult self, buying the horses and the later revelation that he was feeding the creature. I guess I can make up my own connection that he likes connections with animals even if others are scared and he misses his monkey friend, with them fist bumping right as he was shot. But the movie didnt make me feel like thats what it is. I'm just grasping at straws after the fact and cant think of anything else