Film Jordan Peele's NOPE

Sylar

Yeah I don't get that criticism. I'd like to see the movie again soon though, I enjoyed it. Want to see what his next movie for this genre would be though. I do like how he's trying to be original though

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
What about the film made you feel the director thought he was cleverer than you?
When he didn't understand anything and got angry for no reason so decided to throw empty criticism.

The "director thinks he's cleverer than the audience" criticism is a reaaaaaally weird one, the funniest part of it being it's usually used for pretty straightforward films that just don't necessarily use straightforward narrative.

Sweet Square

The "director thinks he's cleverer than the audience" criticism is a reaaaaaally weird one, the funniest part of it being it's usually used for pretty straightforward films that just don't necessarily use straightforward narrative.
I’m pretty sure I’ve heard Peele say in interviews he’s just a guy who smokes weed and watching horror movies. While there’s clearly some thought put into his work it’s also true Peele isn’t trying to out smart anyone.

Imo a lot of the “criticism”/annoyance of Peele is down to the fact he is kind of responsible for the the last few years of bad anti racist/progressive horror films. Get Out was so successful everyone has tried to copy it. Which isn’t his fault but well the general public are cnuts.

Plus Keke Palmer in the film and in real life seems to be one of the most annoying people on the planet.

Pickle85

When he didn't understand anything and got angry for no reason so decided to throw empty criticism.

I suspected there may have been an element of 'shouting at clouds...' about it!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Ah i missed that. Did the director of photography show them that? I was reading here about turning people into horses and I thought I definitely missed that!
Been a while since I actually watched it but you actually see it briefly don't you when it sucks up the audience at the show?

Fingeredmouse

It’s not even that brief. It’s fairly lingering. Plus you had all the prolonged screaming. Claustrophobic and nasty.
Yip. Not sure how anyone can forget that part of the movie. That sort of stuff really gets under my skin, notably in The Borderlands also, which has a similar claustrophobic getting eaten alive nightmare fuel scene.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Plus Keke Palmer in the film and in real life seems to be one of the most annoying people on the planet.
Ugh. Keke Palmer is the absolute worst! She's so fecking annoying.

...maybe I was a bit too harsh about Keke. I think we need to give her a second chance.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I think Nope is actually pretty layered though. Get Out is very straightforward, but Nope with the flashbacks and various themes running through the film is actually a film you can really spend some time thinking about afterwards.

Anyway, I loved it. Super well filmed, perfect patience with shots and scenes, great story, good humour, and just a super strong cinema experience. I've been hoping it'll appear on Netflix and I can watch it again and see what my wife thinks - which makes me think now I should actually just rent it on Youtube or something!

lsd

The Oracle
I never got until recently they it's actually Peele's version of Jaws.

Jaws is probably my favourite film ever which might explain why i line this one so much as well