Jordan Pickford...

Bojan11

Near post goal. Awful.

Everton got a capable second goalkeeper, why don’t they use him?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Tom Davies isn't even good enough for the Championship and yet he's made over 100 Premier league appearances for us. It's frightening.

Edit - Wrong thread but i suppose if you swap Davies out for Pickford it would still apply.
He's living off that City 4-1 performance.

Renegade

Henderson
Pope
Pickford

I don’t see Southgate changing it though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
His form has picked up recently which is nice but I said it a few weeks ago when his form was shocking, he should be dropped for a while to sort that fecking head out. He has serious mental issues that need sorting out before he gets to a top level as his actual ability has the potential to do so. This incident (there’s a video up) is bloody stupid of him at a time when the attitude of the club has taken two steps in the right direction.
I used to defend him quite a bit but I posted this one year ago and it's still the same problem with him. He has serious concentration/mental temperament issues that will stop him ever becoming a good enough keeper for a top side. If anything it has gotten worse.

I'm absolutely fuming at that tongue face he did to the camera after nearly letting in that shot that was an easy save. 100 fecking thousand a week for this prick. Should be fined and dropped for a couple of weeks.

E-mal

Tom Davies isn't even good enough for the Championship and yet he's made over 100 Premier league appearances for us. It's frightening.

Edit - Wrong thread but i suppose if you swap Davies out for Pickford it would still apply.
Clowns the bunch of them. Davies is proper shite.

Fingeredmouse

I used to defend him quite a bit but I posted this one year ago and it's still the same problem with him. He has serious concentration/mental temperament issues that will stop him ever becoming a good enough keeper for a top side. If anything it has gotten worse.

I'm absolutely fuming at that tongue face he did to the camera after nearly letting in that shot that was an easy save. 100 fecking thousand a week for this prick. Should be fined and dropped for a couple of weeks.
I'd transfer list him for that. It's not the first time. He's a total tit and not good enough to tolerate that sort of crap.

georgipep

There is a similar case to be made for so many Everton players...

Sigurdsson is useless when defending. Coleman is a purely attacking fullback and a complete liability in defence. Tom Davies, while very eager, is so limited. Why did your board even buy Moise Kean? Theoretical potential? Juventus do not allow top talent to leave just like that...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wasn’t he the second most expensive keeper ever at one point?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

The Covid break has benefited us as a NT and Everton a little, I think.

If the Euros happened when it was meant to I don’t think Pickford gets dropped and that just solidifies his place at Everton. Next summer and when International footy is back on I’m almost certain Henderson will get no.1 and I reckon that will definitely give Everton a bit of wiggle room to start phasing him out.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
There is a similar case to be made for so many Everton players...

Sigurdsson is useless when defending. Coleman is a purely attacking fullback and a complete liability in defence. Tom Davies, while very eager, is so limited. Why did your board even buy Moise Kean? Theoretical potential? Juventus do not allow top talent to leave just like that...
Harsh on Kean, he barely gets a start. The last time he started he scored, he deserves a start ahead of DCL but I have a feeling that DCL is being used because of the defensive work he does compared to Kean to try and salvage a clean sheet where possible cause our midfield is so shite.

Classical Mechanic

Wasn’t he the second most expensive keeper ever at one point?
Scary thing is for Chelsea that they paid more than double for Kepa!

Pickford has always been very good for England but I don’t see how his position is tenable anymore. Every time I watch him and he’s doing crazy things. The stats show he’s been absolutely terrible this season too.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Pope is the no 1 to me. Well, should have been at least since last season. He ain't get no 2 either since Henderson will take it.

georgipep

Harsh on Kean, he barely gets a start. The last time he started he scored, he deserves a start ahead of DCL but I have a feeling that DCL is being used because of the defensive work he does compared to Kean to try and salvage a clean sheet where possible cause our midfield is so shite.
Maybe it is me not watching enough Everton games but whenever I've watched them it's always been DCL and Richarlison who play so much better than Kean/Iwobi. (although I'd play Iwobi in the Sigurdsson role, never liked Gylfi too much)

Bojan11

Three managers haven’t fancied Kean. Juventus sold him despite them keeping promising young players. Something has to give.

Robbie Boy

He's terrible and always has been. The biggest issue is that he's a smug twat like Hart was, and just like Hart, he thinks he's so much better than he actually is.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Maybe it is me not watching enough Everton games but whenever I've watched them it's always been DCL and Richarlison who play so much better than Kean/Iwobi. (although I'd play Iwobi in the Sigurdsson role, never liked Gylfi too much)
Three managers haven’t fancied Kean. Juventus sold him despite them keeping promising young players. Something has to give.
This isn't the right thread for it so this will be my last post on the matter but DCL and Richarlison are both better players than him and offer more for the team than he does. I don't think he's a bad player, I think we probably don't suit him - either at all or at the moment. He needs to be playing in a side that is good enough for him to not have to put in the defensive shift that DCL/Richy need to. Right now we need strikers that can which is why he's not playing. That doesn't mean he isn't good or talented.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's terrible and always has been. The biggest issue is that he's a smug twat like Hart was, and just like Hart, he thinks he's so much better than he actually is.
Prime Hart actually was very good though.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Southgate needs to detach himself from his favourites for England. He needs to move on, he is too attached to the World Cup players who beat Panama!

TAA and AWB are the future at RB and should be given games now. Trippier and Walker shouldn’t be ahead of them.

The biggest one, and the one he has to get right is the goalkeeper though. Starting Trippier is weird, but starting Pickford will cost the team big at a major tournament where one howler means you are out for the next two years.

He is a liability and needs to be replaced urgently. No messing around. I wouldn’t even have him in the squad. Pope, Henderson and an experienced head as the 3rd choice, like Heaton. They really don’t need his presence in the squad.

izec

Ok. But when did Pickford have a bad game for England.
He doesn't have that many games yet.

You don't want to risk it at a big tournament with a player that out of form/average to begin with when you have better players on the bench with stable forms. They need to prove themselves and get some game time for England before making a decision. Only a matter of time until his Everton form hits England and then you have inexperienced GKs in the England shirt.