Jordan Pickford...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How is he over rated? He was genuinely very good for a shit Sunderland team. And £30m for a young, English keeper with a lot of potential is a bargain in 2017.
£30m is how he's overrated, Sunderland is his level

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I still don't think he moves his feet quickly enough when making saves. I mentioned it in his performance thread last year.

He is a good GK and he's young, plenty of time to learn. He looked very uncomfortable on his right foot today.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Being a good GK for a shite team who get smashed every week doesn't mean you'll be good at a top club though. It seems there's a GK who shines at a team fighting relegation every season.
That doesnt mean hes over rated, though, does it? He deserved a move to a good club (Everton are far from a top club) and he should be given time to show his credentials. You would expect our fans to hold back on the criticism for a young keeper given the situation we experienced with a certain Spaniard in between the OT sticks.

montpelier

don't rate him, tbh

but I can see I might be wrong - not totally adamant on it

(like I was with de Gea definitely not being up to it --- for instance, :D)

JoaquinJoaquin

Am I the only one to think he could of saved Valencia's shot? It had some power behind it granted, but De Gea for example saves that I feel.

Nick7

I'm not sure if it's the defensive organisation in front of him or just him but yeah his footwork is poor, doesn't seem to do anything inside his box.

Revan

Assumptionman
Was De Gea over rated when we signed for ~£20m(?) in 2011? I remember him being woeful in his first season.
De Gea was a far better keeper back then than Pickford will ever be. De Gea started the season bad, but on the second half of the season, he was easily the best keeper in the league. He followed it in the following season, and got chosen as the best keeper in the league.

Pickford is your typical English keeper who is a good keeper, but nothing special. He will have a good career, like Paul Robinson or Scott Carson. Butland is a better keeper, but even him will do well to reach the heights of David James and Joe Hart, which in the end, were nothing special.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think that Everton has unearthed the new Foster

yfoFC

No one is asking the most pertinent question IMO..

How does a dude have that much behind :confused:

Marcelinho87

Another thing wrong with the media and how players are elevated over here..

Average keeper makes tons of saves in team that has to deal with being peppered all game and he becomes world class. A real world class keeper is one who does NOTHING all game but pulls of a save out of nowhere to keep his team in the game.

Pickford will join a long list of keepers such as Ben Foster, Chris Kirland, Richard Wright etc.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Butland is a better keeper, but even him will do well to reach the heights of David James and Joe Hart, which in the end, were nothing special.
Hart has 73 England caps... If he gets 3 more he overtakes banks and seaman to become the 2nd most capped England keeper.

He has 2 pl titles
Has make 2 pfa teams of the year
And 4 premier league golden gloves awards

That is actually a pretty special career... Especially as he is still only 30

If Butland manages that he will have done fantastic!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Another thing wrong with the media and how players are elevated over here..

Average keeper makes tons of saves in team that has to deal with being peppered all game and he becomes world class. A real world class keeper is one who does NOTHING all game but pulls of a save out of nowhere to keep his team in the game.

Pickford will join a long list of keepers such as Ben Foster, Chris Kirland, Richard Wright etc.
Agree with this. From what I saw of Sunderland last season, he let in a lot of easy goals. Young and learning of course but absolutely nowhere near being a goalkeeper worthy of a top club. I was really happy De Gea didn't leave because I thought we might end up with him.

Young and English. Do you even need to say more? Of course he'll get over-hyped whether he's good or not (he's alright).

Revan

Assumptionman
Hart has 73 England caps... If he gets 3 more he overtakes banks and seaman to become the 2nd most capped England keeper.

He has 2 pl titles
Has make 2 pfa teams of the year
And 4 premier league golden gloves awards

That is actually pretty special
He wasn't never a great keeper though. He had a very good season when he was in loan, and a world class season in 2010-2011, but outside of it he never was that great. Bar 10-11 season, he has never been a top 10 in the world keeper.

Getting a shitload of appearances for a weak England in the position where England sucks, at a time when there are more international matches than ever means nothing. Valdez (who was a better keeper than Hart) had also a lot of titles and golden gloves but he was nothing special.

By special, I obviously mean the likes of Neuer, Casillas (bar the last few season), Buffon, De Gea, Cech at his best, VDS and so on. Obviously, Hart was a very good keeper, but nowhere near the ones I mentioned.

charlenefan

its been four games moron get back to me when you have spent a season watching jordan pickford from the midland road stand like i have
5 games moron and that's in the league alone

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Valencia says PICK that one out, Jordan!
Mega Lolz

This brings me distress. Ian Watkins' been saying that and it just makes me want to vomit every time I see or hear it.

Rafateria

Jesus Christ. How childish. Are you going to start quoting Churchill or Pythagorus or Claudius now ? Or any other person who historically made a quote that didn't work out as they expected ? Shall I start checking all of your match predictions perhaps ?

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I've actually based my opinion on all his games for Everton moron
And disregarded all of last season, no less.

The irony of you calling anybody a moron is lost on no one I'm sure.

5 games moron and that's in the league alone
Surprised a half-wit like you can count that high, at this rate you might nail the alphabet in a few years.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's certainly got potential but he's got a lot to learn. I'm not sure if I'd rate him in the top three English keepers, in fact not even number four.

hubbuh

Jesus Christ. How childish. Are you going to start quoting Churchill or Pythagorus or Claudius now ? Or any other person who historically made a quote that didn't work out as they expected ? Shall I start checking all of your match predictions perhaps ?
Relax ya fanny. You made a call and got It wrong. Get over it!

ricky-romeo

Butland is better but pickford is not that bad. would not mind him having a bad day against us though.

we had enough of travelling superhuman goalkeeping at old trafford last season.

RooneyLegend

Bad day at the office, he's had some fine games even this season. Even Buttland had a rather mediocre game vs Newcastle.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We don't make good goalkeepers anymore. Plenty of average ones but none with top level potential. Pickford IMO is another example of this.

He's 23 and people talk about him like he's a teenager.

charlenefan

And disregarded all of last season, no less.

The irony of you calling anybody a moron is lost on no one I'm sure.

Surprised a half-wit like you can count that high, at this rate you might nail the alphabet in a few years.
I'm getting there with the alphabet, I know the letters t w a & t which ironically enough when put together describes you perfectly