Jordan Pickford...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been in absolutely outstanding form lately, and seems a huge natural goalkeeping talent. Will be interesting watching him develop over the coming years, but England have some decent goalkeeping prospects right now.

The national #1 shirt isn't as secure as it once was, and he could be timing his ascent perfectly to be next in line in a couple of years.

Nickosaur

Sunderland fans have always reassured me he is a bigger talent than Butland.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
he's been very impressive when I've seen him play, seems to be really composed for a youngster he looks like he could develop into a very good keeper

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I only know him from FM but he's decent in the game.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
He's the real deal. Probably the biggest reason they got 3 points again today.

Used to be talk of Hart being the NT keeper for 10 years... I'd say anything but, these days.

Sylar

Sunderland fans have always reassured me he is a bigger talent than Butland.
I get the same when talking to them. They rave about him bigtime (and slate a lot of everybody else)

Anustart89

That name reminds me of Beckford, which reminds me of the Beckford/Doyle incident, which reminds me of the Bowyer/Dyer incident. How about that.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's had a lot of praise this season. I don't think he's got down quick enough for any of the goals today.

They've all been in the bottom corner, granted. But Mikhi's especially, he just wasn't set and too far over to his right I think.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He's alright. Any half decent goalkeeper will look a lot better than they are when they're playing in a team as poor as Sunderland.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
reminds me of Joe Hart
Was just about to say this!

Decent shot stopper but I think some people are seeing what they want to see in him. Doesn't look like the next Big Pete!

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Thought he had a very good game again but i've been impressed with him for a long time now. His awareness and closing down angles in 1 vs 1 situations is very good.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I still think he's a good keeper, he wasn't at fault for any goals today. In a better team with better defenders plus better goalkeeping coaches he would be more than capable.

NinjaFletch

He's had a lot of praise this season. I don't think he's got down quick enough for any of the goals today.

They've all been in the bottom corner, granted. But Mikhi's especially, he just wasn't set and too far over to his right I think.
I think we're just so used to the fact that keepers turn into Big Pete reincarnated every time we play that the fact Pickford only had a decent game has made him look worse. Don't think he did anything wrong.

PoTMS

He's a very good goalkeeper. If I was Liverpool or Everton, I'd be looking to pick him up once Sunderland finally kick the bucket. Potential long term England keeper.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I think we're just so used to the fact that keepers turn into Big Pete reincarnated every time we play that the fact Pickford only had a decent game has made him look worse. Don't think he did anything wrong.
Yeah maybe. Our finishing for the goals was quite good tbf. All 3 in the bottom corner.

3KDré

He's a solid goal keeper but I don't think he'd be good enough to replace DDG.

Perhaps he might be taking over the reigns from Joe for the National team soon though.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

The way he dives is weird, as much throws his legs up as dives down.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I saw the game today, against MUFC. And this guy looked nothing special.
I'd take any of the other GKs, who refused to let us score a goal and put in MOTM performances. Any one of them was far better than Pickford.
I'd love to play against this GK, in every game of the season, because I doubt he'd be capable of putting in the super saves we have witnessed at OT, all season long.
Pickford is playing for the team at the bottom of the league and from what I saw today, it looked like that was his rightful position.
Perhaps in a few years, he might be better, but at this stage, Romero is several levels about Pickford.

Acole9

Outstanding
Future England number one. He should stay at Sunderland next season so he plays every week rather than sitting on someone like City's bench.

prath92

Was a bit underwhelmed today actually watching him. I thought Heaton was much better though I have only seen both of them vs us.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Someone like Neuer or DG saves the first two. Yeah they were well placed but neither shot was a better, he wasn't perfectly positioned and took too long going down.

lysglimt

Scout
Not gonna call it a mistake - but a top goalkeeper would have saved Mkhitaryans shot.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I saw the game today, against MUFC. And this guy looked nothing special.
I'd take any of the other GKs, who refused to let us score a goal and put in MOTM performances. Any one of them was far better than Pickford.
I'd love to play against this GK, in every game of the season, because I doubt he'd be capable of putting in the super saves we have witnessed at OT, all season long.
Pickford is playing for the team at the bottom of the league and from what I saw today, it looked like that was his rightful position.
Perhaps in a few years, he might be better, but at this stage, Romero is several levels about Pickford.
You're saying he's the worst goalkeeper in the Premier League? Harsh.

Last edited:

PieCrust

Average to good keeper; will get better. Needs to be playing games though, not sitting on the bench as a #2. Be better for him to stay with Sunderland and play in the championship, then to ride the bench for an epl club.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The guy is 22. He's going to be a fantastic premiership level goalkeeper by the time he's in his mid 20's.

Skills

Snitch
Mignolet looked decent for them. Any shotstopper looks decent at a relegation club

Robbie Boy

Been linked with a £25m plus move this summer to several clubs including ourselves. I mean, he looks good, but I feel he's become massively overrated all of a sudden and wouldn't that price make him one of the most expensive keepers ever? Madness.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He has had an outstanding season and shows a lot of promise. It would still be a risk for a top club to buy him as a number 1 though as I think we need to see another season of him to really judge how good he is. Having said that, I'd expect him to have a really great career based on what I have seen of him so far.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Been linked with a £25m plus move this summer to several clubs including ourselves. I mean, he looks good, but I feel he's become massively overrated all of a sudden and wouldn't that price make him one of the most expensive keepers ever? Madness.
No way he should be moving to us, huge risk given we have no idea what he's like when he's had a quiet day. I think it's one of those examples of a goalkeeper looking better than he is because he's playing for a shit club that gets battered constantly. Any half decent keeper will make some good saves and do well because of the sheer quantity of shots coming his way, but people won't talk about how many shots get passed him because people blame the defense instead.

He should make to a stable Premiership club next and we'll see what he's like on the quiet days and the busy days.