Jordan Pickford...

Reddy Rederson

I’ve always liked his effort, and passion, but he’s just not that good. I’ve never understood the attention he gets. He’s got some good stops in him, but he’s also got the same amount of utterly shambolic performances as well.

Nick7

Forster is our best keeper.
Fraser Forster? Who hasn't kicked a ball in anger in a year come Wednesday? Who doesn't even get into the Southampton squad as third choice keeper?

England really are fecked.

Renegade

He’s so desperate to be centre of attention in matches. What a mare of a game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think Pope is the best English keeper currently.
I think so too. Still have a lot of hope Henderson develops well, he's got a lot of potential.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'll throw my hat in that I don't rate him and never have and I still don't get why he's England's nr 1.

As for as on our MotD, we have 2 goalkeepers who are both knowledgeable about football, 1 is still playing and is a former international goalkeeper. Neither of them rate Pickford at all but they tell you exactly why. Both of them point at his footwork being bad, that he's a good shotstopper but that's about it.

The goal he conceded against Croatia was pure comedy.

RochaRoja

He’s going to live off that penalty save against Colombia for years.

Average keeper.

RochaRoja

He's an absolute clown. Anyone denying this any longer clearly isn't paying attention. He's made some good stops in his time but so did fecking Taibi and Mark Bosnich.

You want a goalkeeper you can be confident in and he's not it.
Bosnich was a better goalkeeper than Pickford.

Awful distribution but he was actually a really good goalie throughout the ‘90s.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I still rate Pickford but of course he must avoid such mistakes in the next months.
England need a better keeper. Let’s hope Henderson or Gunn can kick on soon.
Hmmhhh No.2 behind the average Alex McCarthy....i'm not sure.
Think Pope is the best English keeper currently.
He has played one game since May.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Why are we (England) so obsessed with ripping our own national team players instead of supporting them? We always need to have a villain or someone to take the piss out of, but do we have a better GK than Pickford atm? I can’t think of any that stand out
Fully agree. There are some very good young English players and they are performing far better than the so called golden generation.
Jordan Pickford is nothing like as bad a keeper as most of these posters say. We just love to blame him for doing what he has been told to do which is a sweeper/keeper.

Pep said something quite similar about his keeper. He wants him to come out and sweep with the risks and won't blame him for mistakes.

Loon

:lol:
He’s a bit like the loony kid who would dive all over the concrete in the schoolyard and blag his way into the school football team.

St Red

KRAP
Dont rate this kid at all.
Tries to be too spectacular, and too often he's seen thowing himself into the air..........after the ball has hit the back of the net.

Long may he remain Englands number one.

RochaRoja

Why are we (England) so obsessed with ripping our own national team players instead of supporting them? We always need to have a villain or someone to take the piss out of, but do we have a better GK than Pickford atm? I can’t think of any that stand out
I’m sure many of us saying Pickford is crap aren’t English.

Acole9

Outstanding
I agree, totally unnecessary. He's not that bad.

haram

If he’s shite, he’s shite. What he has done against Liverpool and Spurs is not even premier league level, it’s embarrasing. There is no defending it.

DCP

Jack Butland seems like the forgotten man. By far England’s best keeper.

However Pickford is good, good shot stopper, little bit eccentric which makes him prone to the odd mistake - but that eccentricity also saves more goals than he causes.

Trizy

He's just another Joe Hart. An alright goal keeper but thinks he's the best in the world. Believes all the extra hype the English media give him.

At Everton, he's at his level.

SambaBoy

Doesn't really have a presence, and is prone to silly mistakes. Still a good keeper but probably not good enough for a top 6 side.

RochaRoja

He's just another Joe Hart. An alright goal keeper but thinks he's the best in the world. Believes all the extra hype the English media give him.

At Everton, he's at his level.
I’ve got no love for Hart but circa 2010-2015 he was one of the best keepers around. Pickford is a long way from that

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
His stats undermine his reputation. Poor save percentages, poor passing percentages. And that's basically all he gets praised for.

Also took years for people to realise Joe Hart was poor, even though his stats told the story plain as day. Pickford will get a similar easy ride so long as no other English keeper comes along and shows himself to be better.

redshaw

Never rated him. Was quite alarmed when we were linked with him under Jose. Would just be us to buy him for 70 million and to perform like this.

He reminds me of Barthez in his final year.

Aboutreika18

I'll throw my hat in that I don't rate him and never have and I still don't get why he's England's nr 1.

As for as on our MotD, we have 2 goalkeepers who are both knowledgeable about football, 1 is still playing and is a former international goalkeeper. Neither of them rate Pickford at all but they tell you exactly why. Both of them point at his footwork being bad, that he's a good shotstopper but that's about it.

The goal he conceded against Croatia was pure comedy.
Yeah, footwork's consistently been a problem with English goalkeepers for decades.

AKDevil

Jack Butland seems like the forgotten man. By far England’s best keeper.

However Pickford is good, good shot stopper, little bit eccentric which makes him prone to the odd mistake - but that eccentricity also saves more goals than he causes.
Butland isn’t. Loves a mistake and making simple saves look more and unecessarily complicated.

RochaRoja

His stats undermine his reputation. Poor save percentages, poor passing percentages. And that's basically all he gets praised for.

Also took years for people to realise Joe Hart was poor, even though his stats told the story plain as day. Pickford will get a similar easy ride so long as no other English keeper comes along and shows himself to be better.
He had some glaring weaknesses and some dodgy spells during that period but also put in some worldie performances against top sides. He was overrated but still a rung above Paul Robinson, Jordan Pickford and the other English keepers of the last couple of generations.

I honestly don’t know what Pickford is supposed to be good at. He seems to have built his reputation on getting a free pass for Sunderland’s relegation because he was young, local and thrown in at the deep end with a historically terrible defense in front of him. It was basically a no loss situation for him. Nothing he’s done since has ever given me the impression he’s a good goalkeeper at this level.

Butland isn’t. Loves a mistake and making simple saves look more and unecessarily complicated.
Not really sure what people see in Butland at this point. He’s done nothing with his career so far and is stuck in the Championship at the moment. Is it just based on him being highly rated when he was young? If so, we might as well hype up Jack Rodwell.

Mick321

I thought Hart was quality for a while, seemed dominant on crosses and made monster saves at big moments, short lived prime but I still can't see what Pickford is meant to be good at. There's nothing with the eyes and I've checked all the stats to see if there's anything there but all of them are either bang average or downright shit.

RochaRoja

I thought Hart was quality for a while, seemed dominant on crosses and made monster saves at big moments, short lived prime but I still can't see what Pickford is meant to be good at. There's nothing with the eyes and I've checked all the stats to see if there's anything there but all of them are either bang average or downright shit.
I think part of the reason the English are trying to make Jordan Pickford happen is that he has that normal lad from a Brexit town with a face only a grandmother with cateracts could love thing going on.

Or, as I call it, The Harry Maguire Effect.

Doesn'tMata

I don't think being from a 'Brexit Town'(Condescending crap) has much to do with it. Most weren't sold before the Columbia game. He had a purple patch then but we'll see where he is in 5 years.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a lot better than his performance against Tottenham, he was atrocious then though.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Who is? Fair to say we're not blessed in the goalkeeping department
Jack Butland would be my pick (and possibly the guy to take over if DDG decided to leave next year. Need someone who knows the PL so Pete's lad Kasper is another "maybe")

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Jack Butland would be my pick (and possibly the guy to take over if DDG decided to leave next year. Need someone who knows the PL so Pete's lad Kasper is another "maybe")
Hasn't Butland stagnated?