Jordan Pickford...

Classical Mechanic

Guy is a turd. How long before Deano is England's #1?
I get the feeling he’ll have to play himself out of the England side. He’s been really good for England so I think Southgate will wait until that changes. My guess is that he’ll cost us big somewhere along the way.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Guy is a turd. How long before Deano is England's #1?
Said it for a while.

Pickford made a couple of tournament saves that seemed to get replayed ad infinitum while his errors (more) were forgotten in a day.

Looked good behind an England team playing well (when they had the majority of possession) but average goalie in all aspects.

Southgate is too loyal sometimes and needs to be brutal so everyone knows to keep the standards up or get dropped.

Paul_Scholes18

I think all the opponents of England hope he starts.
Van Dijk for sure if Holland face them.

Henderson is way better. Pope is better. Ben Foster is better.
Even Hart might be better still.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Everytime this thread gets updated I expect it to have something to do with his tiny T-Rex arms.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Everytime this thread gets updated I expect it to have something to do with his tiny T-Rex arms.
I always wondered why we never know the reach sizes from PL goalkeepers like we do with Boxing, MMA etc. Be interesting to know who has the shortest and longest.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
England have suffered in many tournaments since 1990 due to too much loyalty to declining keepers. No excuse for Southgate to do the same given how well Foster, Henderson and Pope have performed.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pope? He's been one of the worst keepers in the league this season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The likes of Pickford, Maguire, Henderson, Kane, with their me, me, me, Steve Me mentality could really hurt England in pretty decent looking generation.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
England have suffered in many tournaments since 1990 due to too much loyalty to declining keepers. No excuse for Southgate to do the same given how well Foster, Henderson and Pope have performed.
Didn't Foster retire from England a long time ago citing pressure being the reason?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Didn't Foster retire from England a long time ago citing pressure being the reason?
He retired and then came back again. I’m not sure if he’s still available for selection but if not I’m sure he could be easily persuaded for a summer tournament.

Snow

He retired and then came back again. I’m not sure if he’s still available for selection but if not I’m sure he could be easily persuaded for a summer tournament.
Not sure if he's the one you want then. He retired because of pressure only to come back for the tournament where the fans and press expect you to win the whole thing.

Skills

Snitch
What is it with the England No.1 shirt, that just makes anyone wearing it an insufferable cnut?

C'est Moi Cantona

I could certainly see us having the England No 1, still playing at another club, whilst we watch DDG firmly fall into mediocrity.

Last edited:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Not sure if he's the one you want then. He retired because of pressure only to come back for the tournament where the fans and press expect you to win the whole thing.
Was it pressure? That might have been a reference to leaving United which I wouldn’t read too much into compared to the weight of his post-United career. For England he mentioned prolonging his career, avoiding injuries and spending more time with his family when he took a step back around 2011-2013.

Southgate has options but Foster impresses me the most this campaign having made countless saves this year that he had no right to make.

Snow

Was it pressure? That might have been a reference to leaving United which I wouldn’t read too much into compared to the weight of his post-United career. For England he mentioned prolonging his career, avoiding injuries and spending more time with his family when he took a step back around 2011-2013.

Southgate has options but Foster impresses me the most this campaign having made countless saves this year that he had no right to make.
You might be right, he was in the 2014 WC squad so he's probably up for it. Will be 37 when the tournament comes around.

Raj70

Supports
Liverpool
Jokers on MOTD last night said he’s still England’s number one. Pointless having pundits who either know feck all or don’t want to rock the boat. Henderson and Pope are far better.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Although Henderson is very good isn't he phrone to errors himself? Ala Liverpool at home. That could be fatal in a tournament like the Euro's and for that reason I'm not too sure he's ready to be thrust straight in without any prior England games.

As average to poor as Pickford's been for Everton he's by in large been fine for England so I'd keep him in. You wouldn't drop a player good at club level because they are below par for their country so why do it reverse?

Robbie Boy

He's always been a terrible keeper despite the weird overeating at the WC. He's worse than Kepa and that's bad.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Would be quite funny if he makes a howler resulting in England being knocked out in the summer.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Complaining now that he's being unfairly maligned because he plays for England, just like Joe Hart.

Think he should be targeted as an infiltrator from Counter-Earth.

Alabaster Codify7

Complaining now that he's being unfairly maligned because he plays for England, just like Joe Hart.

Think he should be targeted as an infiltrator from Counter-Earth.

The similarities to Joe Hart are really mad actually. Arrogant, bolshy, swaggering, blunder-prone and over-rated. Very dislikeable bloke and a very average GK.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
been saying he's nowhere near world-class almost since I first saw him. not even close to best English keeper. fourth at best... probably a lot lower

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What is it with the England No.1 shirt, that just makes anyone wearing it an insufferable cnut?
I think it’s a combo that England themselves create unfortunately. I think it was on Crouch’s podcast, where he talks about their personality almost always being different than the rest of the squad. That it takes a special breed to want to be a goalkeeper, and that they need to be ultra confident because of the pressure in that position.

Couple that with the fact that the English media are extremely prone to bigging up and overblowing their own players and it is a recipe for disaster.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Nearly cost Everton a goal again today by dicking around.

I'm convinced he'll cost England at some point during the Euros

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Nearly cost Everton a goal again today by dicking around.

I'm convinced he'll cost England at some point during the Euros
He is for sure the next Joe Hart and will definitely drop a clanger for England sooner rather than later which will hopefully get him the boot. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ancelotti gets shot of him as Guardiola did with Hart If he is in for the long haul at Everton.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
England keepers from the last 20 years
Seaman, James, Martyn, Wright, Robinson, Kirkland, Carson, Green, Hart and Pickford
they all have something in common.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
England keepers from the last 20 years
Seaman, James, Martyn, Wright, Robinson, Kirkland, Carson, Green, Hart and Pickford
they all have something in common.
Poor Seaman doesn’t belong in that group. He was a class keeper. Ronaldinho:(