Jordan Pickford...

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Just watching MOTD and he is absolutely terrible. This fecker will cost England big time if he continues in goal for them.

Djemba-Djemba

He's generally been really good for England, I mean fecking hell we won a World Cup penalty shootout with him, but he's been appalling this season.

If he's England keeper in the next tournament he's guaranteed to make an horrendous error to get us knocked out.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is abysmal and hasn’t changed his attitude either. Still the same cheeky looks after mistakes. You can’t make those faces if you do it every week.

Everton need a new keeper desperately, and they are not the only ones.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don’t know how you can be a Premier League keeper with arms that short. He’s rubbish.

Wayne's World

Living off a reputation of having a good World cup in 2018. He makes more mistakes then any keeper I have ever seen

I can see Ancelotti trying to get rid of him very quickly next season.

Revan

Assumptionman
Why he is England's undisputed first choice? Pope (excellent modern keeper but some mistakes here and then) and Deano should surely get a chance.

Morpheus 7

He's awful, good thing the Euro's weren't on. A joke of a keeper, no way he's England's number one next year.

Djemba-Djemba

Why he is England's undisputed first choice? Pope (excellent modern keeper but some mistakes here and then) and Deano should surely get a chance.
Where has it been said he is?

England haven't had a game for about 9 months in fairness so it's not like Southgate has had much chance to drop him.

By the time of Euro 2021 I fully expect Pope or Henderson to be the number 1.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well, he's managed to win the award of the first Everton player I've ever genuinely hated.

Lee565

Give it 3 or 4 years and he will be playing in the championship, way too error prone for even relegation battling teams to keep patience with him like we have seen with Joe hart, if everton still have him as their goalkeeper for the new campaign then they must be absolute idiots.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
how is he still Englands number 1 :lol:

Southgate always said he'd pick players on merit... what a joke.

CallyRed

Guy is still living off that Columbia penalty shoot out and is the only reason he is picked. I'm sure of it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That’s why Southgate is a joke,

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yikes! Carlo must be looking to change things up there. Runs the risk of derailing their newfound belief and ability to play like a football team.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
If the Euro's had gone ahead in the summer he'd have us put out in the groups on this form. Southgate has a chance to bed in Pope or Henderson from now until next summer but I bet he still fecks it and end up sticking with him in goal.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's so weird. Had an excellent game vs Spurs and then back to being shit again. Has some serious concentration issues. Our attack can do as well as they are but with him in net you've got no chance of top 4.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He's so weird. Had an excellent game vs Spurs and then back to being shit again. Has some serious concentration issues. Our attack can do as well as they are but with him in net you've got no chance of top 4.
He's like an excitable puppy. Rushes from one place to the next.

Must be a nightmare for a back four (to depend on).

#CR7

I remember watching an England training clip before the WC 2018 and even from that 10 minute clip it was evident that Pope & Butland were both much better GK's than him. Two years later and this clown is still Englands number one.

Loon

:lol:
Bullshit keeper. One of those ones at school with all the shouting, gestures and throwing himself all over the shop, but still picking out of the net.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's like a Joe Hart tribute act. All he needs to do now is start chuckling like an excitable gibbon every time he chucks one in and the transformation into the league's premier shouter-in-chief will be complete.

DavidDeSchmikes

The problem with Pickford he is too pumped up and explosive. Take the second goal tonight, it is straight at him, but Pickford decides to do a jump and tries to swat it away. The reaction didn't merit the quality of the strike. It wasn't powerfully hit and was straight at him, but the way he attempts to save it is like a 'think fast' reaction.
The first goal is inexcusable. Become erratic since that Origi goal.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The problem with Pickford he is too pumped up and explosive. Take the second goal tonight, it is straight at him, but Pickford decides to do a jump and tries to swat it away. The reaction didn't merit the quality of the strike. It wasn't powerfully hit and was straight at him, but the way he attempts to save it is like a 'think fast' reaction.
The first goal is inexcusable. Become erratic since that Origi goal.
Its like when Hart used to be so pumped up that he would make easy things look difficult.

flappyjay

They should just get Romero and be done with it. Whatever their aims for the season are this guy will be a hindrance to that.

Pughnichi

Never understood the hype even when he signed from Sunderland.

distribution was supposedly a strength. I recall watching a game and in the space of about 30 mins he kicked probably 5 straight into touch.

always erratic with a seemingly unwillingness to change for the betterment of his career

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I honestly don't think Southgate will drop him until he does something crazy for England. He's always pretty solid for the NT.
My eternal worry though is that he'll pick the worst possible time (i.e in the later stages of a tournament) to drop an absolute clanger for England.

starman

He's making Joe Hart look competent. At least he had a good 3 or 4 seasons before imploding.
Pickford has probably managed a good year at Sunderland & Everton in total before making mistakes every few games.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
If United drop De Gea for Dean Henderson I can see Henderson taking over from the shaky Pickford as England's number one. The boy is brilliant, just needs more regular first team football. I definitely rate him better than De Gea and Pickford.

Last edited:

Jack-C20

I look forward to him having the game of his life against us when we play them. He does seem a little hyper at times. Probably not the best characteristic for a keeper.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The 2nd one looks like he's trying desperately to make a highlight reel save. That's a simple save if he just takes a step to his right. Instead he dives early but doesn't gain any ground with it, and swings his arm wildly. It's totally ridiculous.

He seems in a constant state of playing it up for the cameras. Nothing he does looks natural or instinctive. He tries to make simple stuff look spectacular, and winds up with egg on his face.

How does he keep getting picked for club and country? Particularly when there's a good base of English keepers right now. Pope and Henderson in particular should be keeping him to a 3rd choice at best, though I'm sure there's someone I'm forgetting who could keep him out of the squad entirely.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Liability. Surely they have to replace him immediately.