Jorge Mendes and Wolverhampton Wanderers

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How much have Porto brought in on sales? They always seem to be in dire need to sell players

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't the Portuguese authorities step in. This is scandalous.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Vitinha made a great season overall: he was one of the best players of Portuguese second division and his performances for Porto main team were very good.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Vitinha made a great season overall: he was one of the best players of Portuguese second division and his performances for Porto main team were very good.
Well tbh he showed potential for Porto B, for the main team it remains to be seen what could have been. If the clause to buy is mandatory it’s one thing if it is optional it’s another thing. I read somewhere Porto will receive 75%, the rest goes to Gestifute and maybe Fabio father will receive another part? I don’t know, anyway it’s obvious this fluxes of money are always moved between the same clubs. Regarding authorities, I don’t know if it’s only the Portuguese ones, he is investIgated in Spain, so far nothing happened. Will it happen in England? And what about UEFA or FIFA? I mean nobody is naive to think this fluxes of money only belong to him or the clubs. A lot of capital and funds from Asia and Arab countries also involved. And a couple of years ago someone who was a former director of Chelsea and Manchester United also had business relationship with him. So, if he is doing something wrong, a lot of important people in European football are involved too. And it isn’t only in Portugal. Everyone wants the clubs to buy and sell and no one wants to check from where the money cames from. Is it really that different from what happens in the City or Wall Street? I mean it’s always funds, offshores and inflated or devalued assets or suspicious fluxes of money between different parts of the world.

Okey

The way Wolves are going, it'll be the English players learning Portuguese than the other way round. I'm trying to imagine Coady learning to say Obrigado, etc.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Well tbh he showed potential for Porto B, for the main team it remains to be seen what could have been. If the clause to buy is mandatory it’s one thing if it is optional it’s another thing. I read somewhere Porto will receive 75%, the rest goes to Gestifute and maybe Fabio father will receive another part? I don’t know, anyway it’s obvious this fluxes of money are always moved between the same clubs. Regarding authorities, I don’t know if it’s only the Portuguese ones, he is investIgated in Spain, so far nothing happened. Will it happen in England? And what about UEFA or FIFA? I mean nobody is naive to think this fluxes of money only belong to him or the clubs. A lot of capital and funds from Asia and Arab countries also involved. And a couple of years ago someone who was a former director of Chelsea and Manchester United also had business relationship with him. So, if he is doing something wrong, a lot of important people in European football are involved too. And it isn’t only in Portugal. Everyone wants the clubs to buy and sell and no one wants to check from where the money cames from. Is it really that different from what happens in the City or Wall Street? I mean it’s always funds, offshores and inflated or devalued assets or suspicious fluxes of money between different parts of the world.
On a Benfica fórum a guy explained how did Mendes finantial engineering works. Long story short, clubs who enter his circuit basically are paying his fees, and in the end summing and subtracting sales and hirings there's little profit margin generally enough to cover the famous fees, hence the Mendilhões, which means money doesn't really flows.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
On a Benfica fórum a guy explained how did Mendes finantial engineering works. Long story short, clubs who enter his circuit basically are paying his fees, and in the end summing and subtracting sales and hirings there's little profit margin generally enough to cover the famous fees, hence the Mendilhões, which means money doesn't really flows.
Basically it’s a Madoff Ponzi Scheme. One day it will all end in tears. And I suspect it’s not for him, but the clubs. People seem to forget he replaced José Veiga as the Portuguese superagent, Veiga in the 90’s until 2002/2003 was involved on all the big transfers regarding top Portugal players (Figo, Rui Costa, Fernando Couto, Paulo Sousa, Vitor Baía). Mendes started to beat him first when Pinto da Costa dropped all players represented by Veiga from Porto and at the same time Sporting best young players started to be represented by Mendes. Hugo Viana/Quaresma/Cristiano. And the rest is history, Veiga went to Benfica, and by the time Mendes approached Vieira and Veiga left a couple of years later he got arrested. Let’s see if the same history won’t be repeated in the future.