José Mourinho | 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Yes I think that too. At the same time he has had two years now. If they are shite, he really needs to show some balls in terms of offloading and bringing in new players this window. Will be interesting to see how many ins and outs and the signings he has made by the end of the window. Personally if he doesnt get it right I am in the epic meltdown lobby. Regardless of who he signs, the fans wont accept the style of football we have played so far for a third season if we arent winning, three years is plenty long enough time to transition into turnign into a team that is your own, Pochetinno and Klopp have both done it in that period, no trophies but progress and entertaining there fans, without the entertainment element or trophies Mourinho could be doomed
There is a problem I have seen manifested and it's that Mourinho has gotten a bit soft. And I believe this has to do with him winning everything and now wanting to create a legacy.

Mourinho offloaded a prime Juan Mata for Oscar because he believed that he would better suit his system. Now he says an older and worse version of Mata is now one of his trusted players, something has changed. He doesn't want to cause another dressing room revolt or rock the boat because he has managed enough clubs for 2-3 years and wants something different.

He has always talked about how Wenger and SAF get a huge amount of respect for sticking with their clubs. And with him getting older, you can understand a slight change in his mindset. Unfortunately, this change in mindset might actually make him a worse manager.

Alabaster Codify7

This thread will get nasty by October if we don't do any business and carry on like we did last season. Feels like a ticking timebomb atm.
Exactly how I see it going. No decrease in performances or points, just a carbon copy of last season - treading water, basically.

ash_86

I personally think we will win the title this season with WC winner Pogba at the middle. Can see Alexis doing very well and netting lot of goals and assists too. With lots of useful players like Lingard who's really come of age with us and England, Lukaku who's had a brilliant WC i can see us challenging from every front. Can't wait for the season to get started!!

crossy1686

career ending
I'll reserve my judgement on the transfer window until it shuts but it's not been a good summer so far.

I've been a big supporter of Jose over the past two seasons but I have a feeling this is his last year with us. Don't think he'll be able to get away with giving the players a hard time, as we've got an entitled bunch who know we can't replace them all, and with Zidane currently out of work I don't think Ed will be able to resist the temptation.

jesperjaap

There is a problem I have seen manifested and it's that Mourinho has gotten a bit soft. And I believe this has to do with him winning everything and now wanting to create a legacy.

Mourinho offloaded a prime Juan Mata for Oscar because he believed that he would better suit his system. Now he says an older and worse version of Mata is now one of his trusted players, something has changed. He doesn't want to cause another dressing room revolt or rock the boat because he has managed enough clubs for 2-3 years and wants something different.

He has always talked about how Wenger and SAF get a huge amount of respect for sticking with their clubs. And with him getting older, you can understand a slight change in his mindset. Unfortunately, this change in mindset might actually make him a worse manager.
I dont think he has gone soft. I see more of a Wenger turn in him. Wenger at Highbury was a super confident, ahead of his time and winning manager........Emirates he lost that confident and turned more spikey whingey and rather than single minded......stubborn

Mourinho at Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan in a totally different way was Highbury Wenger..........his experiences in Madrid seemed to change him, he is bit by bit turning into Emirates Wenger he is spikey and moany rather than that air of confidence, he is no longer ahead of his time with his ideas which he sticks stubbornly to and I dont think he is the dominantl winning manager he was.

This job was the ultimate test of Mourinho as a manager for me after Madrid and the Chelsea meltdown. If he could adapt to our club, traditions and way of playing football he really would be one of the all time greats. If he tried to adapt our club to his methods, style of football and players there would be friction and he would fail.......Signs Matic ex Chelsea, signs the standard big strong striker Lukaku another ex Chelsea player, falls out with some of his biggest players in Pogba like he did at Madrid.....oens dont look good. This for me is a defining season for Mourinho, not just as our manager but his whole career, especially moving forward for him

Coops73

I personally think we will win the title this season with WC winner Pogba at the middle. Can see Alexis doing very well and netting lot of goals and assists too. With lots of useful players like Lingard who's really come of age with us and England, Lukaku who's had a brilliant WC i can see us challenging from every front. Can't wait for the season to get started!!
That’s the spirit!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I dont think he has gone soft. I see more of a Wenger turn in him. Wenger at Highbury was a super confident, ahead of his time and winning manager........Emirates he lost that confident and turned more spikey whingey and rather than single minded......stubborn

Mourinho at Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan in a totally different way was Highbury Wenger..........his experiences in Madrid seemed to change him, he is bit by bit turning into Emirates Wenger he is spikey and moany rather than that air of confidence, he is no longer ahead of his time with his ideas which he sticks stubbornly to and I dont think he is the dominantl winning manager he was.

This job was the ultimate test of Mourinho as a manager for me after Madrid and the Chelsea meltdown. If he could adapt to our club, traditions and way of playing football he really would be one of the all time greats. If he tried to adapt our club to his methods, style of football and players there would be friction and he would fail.......Signs Matic ex Chelsea, signs the standard big strong striker Lukaku another ex Chelsea player, falls out with some of his biggest players in Pogba like he did at Madrid.....oens dont look good. This for me is a defining season for Mourinho, not just as our manager but his whole career, especially moving forward for him
I don't buy that at all. How could Madrid have changed him significantly yet he still won trophies after it? Was he that good of a manager pre-Madrid that he became a lot worse yet was still top 10 in the world? What about the countless times Mourinho has turned to game to utter shite and sneak out with a draw or win when he needs it. A much more rational reason why he looked 'changed' after Madrid was because that was his best squad ever, and they overcame one of the best teams of all time in the league, they were a better version of his first Chelsea side. Every team that follows will pale in comparison because Madrid have world class players bench warming as standard.

Wenger's main advantage was his approach to fitness/psychology and scouting network in France. There were actually a minority of Arsenal fans in the 2000s saying that Wenger was a bit tactically naive and there were a significant minority after the 2006 season.

To bring it down to being tactically outdated is such a weak argument because the world isn't being dominated by some sort of possession based tactics. Managers with similar systems to Mourinho in Allegri and Simeone have been very successful in the modern game. They focus on adapting to the opponent, exploiting their weaknesses and closing out games with a compact defense.

C'est Moi Cantona

This thread will get nasty by October if we don't do any business and carry on like we did last season. Feels like a ticking timebomb atm.
If we don't do any more business then it's pretty clear the board have lost faith in him, and it'll only end one for sure.

Doubt that'll happen though personally yet though, Jose just needs to steel himself, buy a right winger rather than a CB, embrace the new coaches ideas, and cheer the dam up, I'm not a fan, but he can still turn this around if he allows himself to.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If we don't do any more business then it's pretty clear the board have lost faith in him, and it'll only end one for sure.

Doubt that'll happen though personally yet though, Jose just needs to steel himself, buy a right winger rather than a CB, embrace the new coaches ideas, and cheer the dam up, I'm not a fan, but he can still turn this around if he allows himself to.
He won't. A narcissist never believes he or she is wrong.
I initially hoped that he would turn over a new leaf after the embarrassment in his last season at Chelsea. However, I never paid too much attention to him before he was our manager, so wasn't so keenly aware of the little nuances (not good ones) of his personality. Once that sank in, I completely gave up. He might lull us into a false sense of security early on in the season (if it starts well), but the moment he faces any conflict, he'll revert back to type imho.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't buy that at all. How could Madrid have changed him significantly yet he still won trophies after it? Was he that good of a manager pre-Madrid that he became a lot worse yet was still top 10 in the world? What about the countless times Mourinho has turned to game to utter shite and sneak out with a draw or win when he needs it. A much more rational reason why he looked 'changed' after Madrid was because that was his best squad ever, and they overcame one of the best teams of all time in the league, they were a better version of his first Chelsea side. Every team that follows will pale in comparison because Madrid have world class players bench warming as standard.

Wenger's main advantage was his approach to fitness/psychology and scouting network in France. There were actually a minority of Arsenal fans in the 2000s saying that Wenger was a bit tactically naive and there were a significant minority after the 2006 season.

To bring it down to being tactically outdated is such a weak argument because the world isn't being dominated by some sort of possession based tactics. Managers with similar systems to Mourinho in Allegri and Simeone have been very successful in the modern game. They focus on adapting to the opponent, exploiting their weaknesses and closing out games with a compact defense.
His 3rd season at Real was an unmitigated disaster. It was the 1st time in his career that players started to truly turn on him. Then that whole Iker Casillas situation. And the Madrid media which were always critical of him for his style and personality, lambasted him the entire season.

And it was the first full season of his career that ended trophy-less. Out of the La Liga title race by December. Lost the CDR final to Atletico.

There's no doubting it affected him. He's only human.

redIndianDevil

Allegri isn't like Mourinho at all. His Juve is much more attacking than Conte's. He is the most balanced manager IMO(it also helps that he has an amazing squad and a really smart management team handling transfers). No way would a Mourinho team go to Bernabeu as an away team and play them off the park to equalise an aggregate scoreline to 3-3.

VJ1762

I just hope Pogba stays relatively injury free throughout the season. the first major cracks appeared last season after he got injured in the cl game, mourinho went ultra defensive against liverpool and the optimism dipped. then he came back, we looked like a team again and then he got sent off against arsenal(damn you bellerin with that kapernick act). Cue the man city game, they schooled us in our backyard and the season was over after the match finished. I just hope we don't have a start-stop season and play a type of football that has a semblance of a plan.

Usually mourinho wins in the second year before the third season crash and burn( This is true throughout his tenure except at porto and inter). At united, it has not been the case. I would like to think that he will stay beyind three years and change the narrative. The coming season is a turning point for both the club and mourinho. I don't want my club turning into liverpool.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
His 3rd season at Real was an unmitigated disaster. It was the 1st time in his career that players started to truly turn on him. Then that whole Iker Casillas situation. And the Madrid media which were always critical of him for his style and personality, lambasted him the entire season.

And it was the first full season of his career that ended trophy-less. Out of the La Liga title race by December. Lost the CDR final to Atletico.

There's no doubting it affected him. He's only human.
It affected him but he still won the title with Chelsea playing the same way, then came to United and won two trophies in his first season and improved us by 12 points and got to the knockouts of the CL for the first time in a few years.

Do you think the 'old Mourinho' would have done any better? Maybe with Chelsea but certainly not with United where he inherited a poor squad and came up against a record breaking Man City team.

This idea that he's now a tactically outdated manager like Wenger because of Madrid is unfounded. It's the exact opposite, his ability to analyze and nullify an opponent is there to see. The main thing that has changed is that he's a much more vocal in public. So he's not as good a man manager as before.

Inter Yer Nan

I want a couple of new signings but I think Lukaku will be even better next season, Alexis will show his class again and I think this will be a huge season for Pogba. Those three players improving their performance will go a long way to helping not only our style or play but our results.

Eddy_JukeZ

It affected him but he still won the title with Chelsea playing the same way, then came to United and won two trophies in his first season and improved us by 12 points and got to the knockouts of the CL for the first time in a few years.

Do you think the 'old Mourinho' would have done any better? Maybe with Chelsea but certainly not with United where he inherited a poor squad and came up against a record breaking Man City team.

This idea that he's now a tactically outdated manager like Wenger because of Madrid is unfounded. It's the exact opposite, his ability to analyze and nullify an opponent is there to see. The main thing that has changed is that he's a much more vocal in public. So he's not as good a man manager as before.
He won at Chelsea and then they capitulated the season after.

He's not the same manager he was.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He won at Chelsea and then they capitulated the season after.

He's not the same manager he was.
You just seemed to randomly quote me and ignore any of the conversation that was happening before it. The post you quoted was talking about the way he sets up his teams not whether he is a better or worse manager. Style of play/playing philosophy.

I have said in the conversation that you entered that Mourinho is not as good a manager as before due to his man management changing! But that was not the point of contention. The point of contention is that Mourinho is another Wenger, which is blatantly false as his tactics are regular spot on while Wenger gets outdone by any Tom, Dick and Harry.

jesperjaap

I didnt bring it down to being tactically outdated at all. Just look at early interviews of Wenger at Arsenal and Mourinho at Chelsea. The whole demeanour of both is dramatically different to then. You talk about he is still winning trophies after it.....one league title, a Europa league and cup. You are talking about a manager who before Madrid won the champions league with Porto and inter Milan (this was when he was at his best for me), consistantly one the league or was a close challenger, how can you compare that to now? He also generally seemed to have sides that would run through walls for him, just look at that Inter Milan side, Madrid and since he has consistently fell out with several key players at every club.
Categorically disagree with he has changed since Madrid as it was his best squad ever and achievements....it will never be the same again? His achievements at Porto, Milan and arguably Chelsea were all better in my opinion and he looked happy at all those clubs. He didnt look happy at Madrid, fell out with players and his demeanour changed, that is the whole argument I am making.
Our club has progressed results wise with him in charge, but would you say significantly in two years or is it a case of he has done better than two managers who both failed abysmally?
I am a fan of our club, so yes I want him to do well, succeed and turn us into a successful and exciting club. However what I have seen so far really doesnt fill me with confidence that he understands the club or that mentally he will be in it for the long haul if things dont turn his way quickly

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I didnt bring it down to being tactically outdated at all. Just look at early interviews of Wenger at Arsenal and Mourinho at Chelsea. The whole demeanour of both is dramatically different to then. You talk about he is still winning trophies after it.....one league title, a Europa league and cup. You are talking about a manager who before Madrid won the champions league with Porto and inter Milan (this was when he was at his best for me), consistantly one the league or was a close challenger, how can you compare that to now? He also generally seemed to have sides that would run through walls for him, just look at that Inter Milan side, Madrid and since he has consistently fell out with several key players at every club.
Categorically disagree with he has changed since Madrid as it was his best squad ever and achievements....it will never be the same again? His achievements at Porto, Milan and arguably Chelsea were all better in my opinion and he looked happy at all those clubs. He didnt look happy at Madrid, fell out with players and his demeanour changed, that is the whole argument I am making.
Our club has progressed results wise with him in charge, but would you say significantly in two years or is it a case of he has done better than two managers who both failed abysmally?
I am a fan of our club, so yes I want him to do well, succeed and turn us into a successful and exciting club. However what I have seen so far really doesnt fill me with confidence that he understands the club or that mentally he will be in it for the long haul if things dont turn his way quickly
Your comparison to Wenger makes no sense then. Wenger is still confident, arrogant and charismatic as ever. How do you think he stayed at Arsenal for so long...because he had the CEO and Owner at the palm of his hands with his top 4 trophy that he lured them in with when they came to the club in the late 2000s. Ask anyone that has met him in the last 2-3 years and they will tell you the same, he has an air of authority when he speaks and this hasn't been lost with him leaving Arsenal.

The only thing that changed was that Wenger's advantages had been eroded. Everyone is now fit as a fiddle and he was no longer getting his pick of french talent as they were going elsewhere. The main thing left now was how he set up his team which was not very well.

Mourinho's advantages were all over the place, he had no real short comings as a manager. And if you were to look deep into what happened at Chelsea in 2007, he also had a falling out with his players. Makelele did an interview exploring how he changed in the 06/07 season and eventually walked away. That didn't stop him from being great at Inter. He then had a falling out at Madrid, that didn't stop him from winning the league with Chelsea. He had another fallout and still kept on winning.

Mourinho has fallen out at every club he has spent a longer time at. That's just his management style and personality, it grates away at player's patience and they eventually snap.

Eddy_JukeZ

You just seemed to randomly quote me and ignore any of the conversation that was happening before it. The post you quoted was talking about the way he sets up his teams not whether he is a better or worse manager. Style of play/playing philosophy.

I have said in the conversation that you entered that Mourinho is not as good a manager as before due to his man management changing! But that was not the point of contention. The point of contention is that Mourinho is another Wenger, which is blatantly false as his tactics are regular spot on while Wenger gets outdone by any Tom, Dick and Harry.
I didn't talk about his style of play at all/philosophy, but I'll bring it up.

I replied because of this: "I don't buy that at all. How could Madrid have changed him significantly yet he still won trophies after it?"

And I told you how Madrid did change him as a person. That 3rd season at Real Madrid was the 1st time Jose truly failed in his career. Ever since his 3rd season at Madrid, his entire demeanor has changed.

He has become more defensive as a person/manager. He's become more obsessed with not failing that it's led to failures. He went from being pragmatic to being overly pragmatic.

-The CL tie vs Atletico. He went into the Vicente Calderon and blatantly set up Chelsea to not even try to score. They had sub 35% possession and came back with a 0-0 at the Bridge. Then Atleti played them off the park at the Bridge and scored 3 away goals. Jose meanwhile in the post-game criticized Hazard and Hazard only for his failure to track back during 1 sequence (someone correct me if I'm wrong and if others were criticized)

-Losing the tie to a 10 man PSG, but not just losing, looking as if Chelsea were the team with 10 men as PSG controlled the game with a man down. I can't recall his post-match comments after this game.

His 2015-2016 season has been analyzed many times, so I won't talk about it.

Our CL tie vs Sevilla last season. He went into Seville and we looked like relegation fodder holding on to dear life. He refused to try to score an away goal. Was happy with a lucky 0-0 draw and then we lost at home. Highly reminiscent of the CL tie Chelsea had vs Atleti. Then after the loss, he came out with the infamous, "it's nothing new for Manchester United."

He longer shields the team from criticism, he shields himself and places the blame on other factors.

Look at our PL goals scored under Jose so far. We had 54 in 2016-2017. 68 in 2017-2018, so at least it's small improvements, but both of those totals pale in comparison to our rivals.

I think Mourinho isn't as good as before because of man management and his tactics failing him in key moments.

He can of course prove me wrong(and others), but there's evidence supporting him regressing in both areas.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I didn't talk about his style of play at all/philosophy, but I'll bring it up.

I replied because of this: "I don't buy that at all. How could Madrid have changed him significantly yet he still won trophies after it?"

And I told you how Madrid did change him as a person. That 3rd season at Real Madrid was the 1st time Jose truly failed in his career. Ever since his 3rd season at Madrid, his entire demeanor has changed.

He has become more defensive as a person/manager. He's become more obsessed with not failing that it's led to failures. He went from being pragmatic to being overly pragmatic.

-The CL tie vs Atletico. He went into the Vicente Calderon and blatantly set up Chelsea to not even try to score. They had sub 35% possession and came back with a 0-0 at the Bridge. Then Atleti played them off the park at the Bridge and scored 3 away goals. Jose meanwhile in the post-game criticized Hazard and Hazard only for his failure to track back during 1 sequence (someone correct me if I'm wrong and if others were criticized)

-Losing the tie to a 10 man PSG, but not just losing, looking as if Chelsea were the team with 10 men as PSG controlled the game with a man down. I can't recall his post-match comments after this game.

His 2015-2016 season has been analyzed many times, so I won't talk about it.

Our CL tie vs Sevilla last season. He went into Seville and we looked like relegation fodder holding on to dear life. He refused to try to score an away goal. Was happy with a lucky 0-0 draw and then we lost at home. Highly reminiscent of the CL tie Chelsea had vs Atleti. Then after the loss, he came out with the infamous, "it's nothing new for Manchester United."

He longer shields the team from criticism, he shields himself and places the blame on other factors.

Look at our PL goals scored under Jose so far. We had 54 in 2016-2017. 68 in 2017-2018, so at least it's small improvements, but both of those totals pale in comparison to our rivals.

I think Mourinho isn't as good as before because of man management and his tactics failing him in key moments.

He can of course prove me wrong(and others), but there's evidence supporting him regressing in both areas.
The change I'm talking about is his style of play! That's the whole point of the conversation and the Wenger comparison. Not once have I said that what happened at Madrid didn't change his outlook. He obviously got more cynical and outspoken about his players after his Madrid job. And that made him a worse manager.

Eddy_JukeZ

The change I'm talking about is his style of play! That's the whole point of the conversation and the Wenger comparison. Not once have I said that what happened at Madrid didn't change his outlook. He obviously got more cynical and outspoken about his players after his Madrid job. And that made him a worse manager.
I gave you examples of how Jose's style of play has changed too.

I don't know if he's a 'football dinosaur' now, but he's certainly no longer as tactically astute as he once was imo.

haram

I don't know if he's a 'football dinosaur' now, but he's certainly no longer as tactically astute as he once was imo.
Well, all you did was mention 3 European ties.

Eddy_JukeZ

Well, all you did was mention 3 European ties.
Ties that the blame lies solely on Jose.

And his team's league goals(final season at Chelsea included, think they were on pace for sub 60 goals) the past 3 seasons are lower than of his teams prior hand. His teams don't kill off other teams like before.

And there's no example of him being that defensive vs a team in the CL before his Real adventures(Barcelona do not apply, because every team was defensive vs them, and to credit Jose, he was the only manager who beat them at their pomp in a CL tie).

breakout67

Supports
Man City

No you didn't. You gave examples of where Mourinho went out to stifle the game and nick a goal...which he has been doing for his whole career. Mourinho pre-Madrid is actually MORE defensive that post Madrid. His Porto and Inter teams were specialists at winning games by small margins.

Inter Milan had a goal difference of 38 and 41 in the league. We had a goal difference of 40 this season. Chelsea had a goal difference of 41 in 14/15. Inter Milan is without a shadow of a doubt the most defensive Mourinho team which happened pre-Madrid.

Borden

Andy Mitten's written a piece for the Norwegian supporters branch claiming that he knows of three players that United are interested in but who don't want to play for Mourinho. And he's been pretty supportive of Mourinho.

Eddy_JukeZ

No you didn't. You gave examples of where Mourinho went out to stifle the game and nick a goal...which he has been doing for his whole career. Mourinho pre-Madrid is actually MORE defensive that post Madrid. His Porto and Inter teams were specialists at winning games by small margins.

Inter Milan had a goal difference of 38 and 41 in the league. We had a goal difference of 40 this season. Chelsea had a goal difference of 41 in 14/15. Inter Milan is without a shadow of a doubt the most defensive Mourinho team which happened pre-Madrid.
He went out to stifle the game to NOT lose. He didn't care about scoring a goal. It was reflective in how the game went by.

I don't think Simeone's Atleti ever had more possession/control of a game than that 1st leg vs Jose's Chelsea.

His Inter team was pragmatic, but that's not my point.

His latest teams aren't just pragmatic in key games. They're overly pragmatic. They sacrifice any attacking impetus to further stifle the game. There's being defensive, but then there's taking it overboard.

When Inter played Barcelona in 2010, while they were pinned back heavily, they still had some attacking threat(in the 1st leg).

His Chelsea team had zero attacking threat at the Calderon vs Simeone's Atleti. A manager who many deem just as defensive as Jose but yet he wasn't the one who played to a 0-0 draw and had no aspirations of scoring a goal.

Greck

Andy Mitten's written a piece for the Norwegian supporters branch claiming that he knows of three players that United are interested in but who don't want to play for Mourinho. And he's been pretty supportive of Mourinho.
Link?

NotQuiteManc

He may not be the best manager in the world and his style of football is probably outdated. Still winning trophies but not the major ones yet.

Hopefully he will be invigorated or has plans to reinvent himself and the team with the inclusion of McKenna and Carrick into the coaching team. Not to mention no more Rui after all this time together wherever he has been. Just like SAF after trophyless 3 seasons(?) and looked like he finally lost it, he came back stronger than ever and had one of the best teams in Europe. Unfortunately, it coincided with Barca's golden generation.

Might still be work-in-progress even after end of this new season but hopefully they will show progress in terms of attacking plays. United progressed from being really soft in the middle of the park to stronger midfield and better ball retention. Then moved to better defense and winning trophies even if not major ones like UCL. Hopefully it will continue into being serial winners again.

Last edited:

Water Melon

If it is another season without a proper challenge for the title then he is gone, hopefully. Is Zidane available?

kthanksbye

I'm going to reserve my judgement till I watch us play a few league games. I've always liked Jose and I want him to be successful with us, but I'm afraid football might have just moved a little forward for him, and he's failed to keep up so far.
Having said that, the changes he's made in the coaching staff make me believe that he realizes that and is trying to adapt to modern football. I'm actually excited to watch us play in the coming season, so much that I don't even care if we don't make any more purchases.

Jonno

If it is another season without a proper challenge for the title then he is gone, hopefully. Is Zidane available?
According to who?

You can't just magic 100+ points to overturn City from thin air you know. City spent about 5-6 years and close to a billion pounds building their title winning squad.

United are still about 6-7 signings away from being able to compete with City, there's still some incredibly poor-standard squad players here and gaping gaps of quality in our first team squad.

Mourinho, 2 seasons into re-building this squad rightfully won't be sacked if we continue to hit 80 points and strengthen our squad each summer.

Zidane can't make Darmian, Jones and Blind world beaters. We just need a better core of players before we can judge any manager on failing to win the league.

kthanksbye

I actually like him more than I do his football. Bit like Van Gaal. I want to see him succeed because he talks such a good game and people hate him. For that, my natural instincts as a United fan is to want to see him shove it up the critics arse.
Couldn't have worded it better, exactly my sentiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.