José Mourinho | 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Melon

According to who?

You can't just magic 100+ points to overturn City from thin air you know. City spent about 5-6 years and close to a billion pounds building their title winning squad.

United are still about 6-7 signings away from being able to compete with City, there's still some incredibly poor-standard squad players here and gaping gaps of quality in our first team squad.

Mourinho, 2 seasons into re-building this squad rightfully won't be sacked if we continue to hit 80 points and strengthen our squad each summer.

Zidane can't make Darmian, Jones and Blind world beaters. We just need a better core of players before we can judge any manager on failing to win the league.
You will see. If you are expecting that we need to match City first money wise before chlenging for the title, then you can forget about it altogether as long as Pep is here. Lets see what are your excuses for the Sevilla shitshow? Pool can beat the shit out of City in the biggest club football competition in the world, with much inferior squad.

Jonno

You will see. If you are expecting that we need to match City first money wise before chlenging for the title, then you can forget about it altogether as long as Pep is here. Lets see what are your excuses for the Sevilla shitshow? Pool can beat the shit out of City in the biggest club football competition in the world, with much inferior squad.
We were sh!te against Sevilla. Not a sackable offence though is it. It's progress on previous seasons, yo-yo'ing in and out of the CL before Jose arrived. At least he's built a platform to consistently compete in the CL and improve year on year. Many anti-Mourinho fans tend to forget that.

Did Liverpool win the PL with an inferior squad? Did they finish above United? Did they manage to beat us in the final month of the season? No. I seem to remember a reborn Ashley Young having world class Mo Salah in his pocket for the duration of the game.

So you think Zidane, or any manager, Pep even, could get 101 points or more (needed to overtake City based on last season) from this United squad? Come off it.

Christie

So you want us to become Liverpool. Got it. Let's finish third in the league and focus on getting as far as we can in the CL only to lose in the end. That's the Manchester United way.

Hawks2008

All I'm gonna say is what is point in having a manager like Mourinho if he isn't having us compete for the top honours?

Christie

Yes I think that too. At the same time he has had two years now. If they are shite, he really needs to show some balls in terms of offloading and bringing in new players this window. Will be interesting to see how many ins and outs and the signings he has made by the end of the window. Personally if he doesnt get it right I am in the epic meltdown lobby. Regardless of who he signs, the fans wont accept the style of football we have played so far for a third season if we arent winning, three years is plenty long enough time to transition into turnign into a team that is your own, Pochetinno and Klopp have both done it in that period, no trophies but progress and entertaining there fans, without the entertainment element or trophies Mourinho could be doomed
Haters here are now blaming Mourinho for everything, even things that are not his fault. Him not bringing in new players is not his fault, it is Ed and the board's responsibility to find the money to fund his rebuilding project. I'm sure he will love to spunk 500million on new players and cleanse all the deadwood out of the team. But that is not up to him. The board can't even buy him Perisic FFS, he would have solved our wing play problems we were all bitching about last season.

Talking about balls, Mourinho has shown the most balls from anyone since SAF. This guy benched and offloaded club legend Rooney whien other managers said he must play in every game. He offloaded World Cup legend Pig Farmer. He benched fan favourites Pogba, Martial and Shaw when they wouldn't do his shit. He benched Caf favourite Herrera after a good season because he simply isn't good enough. Balls is not something this guy is short of. I guarantee you any other guy we hire will have less balls than he does. We simply need to back his big balls up with money.

Looking at all the comments from this thread, it is clear there is a great disparity on the fan's view of where we should be and where we are. Title or bust, what indication do you have that shows our team has the quality to go for 100 points to match City?

This is dream world stuff, no manager in the world can do better with this lot. If you want to win consistently, the best and only way to do it is to spend the most. If you don't, you don't deserve to be the best. It's as simple as that. You simply have to accept we aren't the best anymore since we can't spend the most. It is hard to accept, but just look at what RAWK has become if you cannot learn to accept this fact.

All I'm gonna say is what is point in having a manager like Mourinho if he isn't having us compete for the top honours?
To keep us from falling into complete obscurity like Liverpool and Arsenal did? To keep the ship steady while we slowly rebuild adding to our squad year after year? City probably can't keep spending forever. FFP can improve to prevent financial doping. The Sheikhs might get sick of spending so much like Roman did. Real and Barca eventually ran out of money. One day eventually, we might become top spenders again. At the meantime, let's keep our team competitive so we can seize the moment and maybe steal a few lucky title wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Water Melon

We were sh!te against Sevilla. Not a sackable offence though is it. It's progress on previous seasons, yo-yo'ing in and out of the CL before Jose arrived. At least he's built a platform to consistently compete in the CL and improve year on year. Many anti-Mourinho fans tend to forget that.

Did Liverpool win the PL with an inferior squad? Did they finish above United? Did they manage to beat us in the final month of the season? No. I seem to remember a reborn Ashley Young having world class Mo Salah in his pocket for the duration of the game.

So you think Zidane, or any manager, Pep even, could get 101 points or more (needed to overtake City based on last season) from this United squad? Come off it.
Come off yourself. Pep built a winning machine, Jose built a new Arsenal. Zidane did something that Jose cant even dream of. Conte pissed all over Jose in his first season in the prem. It is up to Jose to prove himself. So far he us shite in the league and clueless in CL.

Christie

Come off yourself. Pep built a winning machine, Jose built a new Arsenal. Zidane did something that Jose cant even dream of. Conte pissed all over Jose in his first season in the prem. It is up to Jose to prove himself. So far he us shite in the league and clueless in CL.
Yes and how did Pep build his winning machine? How did Zidane achieve what he did? (As if Jose hasn't won the CL). Conte performed exactly like Jose did with Jose's team and got himself sacked after losing the dressing room. You want Jose to match those top performances, well back him with the money to do it at least.

Greck

This is true. The football is no consolation so what exactly is there to look forward to over the 8-9 months a season spans?

Kag

According to who?

You can't just magic 100+ points to overturn City from thin air you know. City spent about 5-6 years and close to a billion pounds building their title winning squad.

United are still about 6-7 signings away from being able to compete with City, there's still some incredibly poor-standard squad players here and gaping gaps of quality in our first team squad.

Mourinho, 2 seasons into re-building this squad rightfully won't be sacked if we continue to hit 80 points and strengthen our squad each summer.

Zidane can't make Darmian, Jones and Blind world beaters. We just need a better core of players before we can judge any manager on failing to win the league.
You'll be convincing yourself that 6/7 players will equal title challenge year after year and scratch your head upon realising nothing has changed. For so many supporters the penny still hasn't dropped.

Darmian? Blind? Again, names being thrown around that seldom kick a ball for us. Just wait until Smalling and Jones finally bite the dust and we still (believe it or not) concede goals and struggle to outscore Bournemouth over 38 league games.

You can't magic 100+ points, you're right. But you can't magic positive, entertaining and attacking football either. You can coach it, however. That is the wider bone of contention with Mourinho's (in my opinion) poor job of it so far.

As for 2018/2019, I just look forward to watching a manager that looks happy to be here, doesn't complain for the grand sum of feck all and doesn't leave 3/4 good players out for various months at a time for seemingly no reason - even in spite of buying them for lots of money. Mentality, or something...

On the positive front, I couldn't really give a monkeys what we do in the transfer market as our squad isn't far away at all. There's always a positive somewhere.

meamth

Hopefully his last season, but I doubt it. Reckon the board will be happy enough with top 4 even if we don't win any cups/play good football. This world cup has reminded me more then ever of how much fun it can be to watch entertaining football. Obviously the dream is to always win trophies while playing good football, but I'd rather us be entertaining to watch consistently and win nothing then get the occasional league cup and top 4 through dire football. It's not worth the negative play if we don't actually win the league or CL (can't see us doing that), so it really is vital IMO. Sadly gonna be a while til we're an entertaining team I'd guess. Mourinho will sooner leave on his own then get sacked by Woodward.

Overall think the season will go largely like last one. Have some good performances, a lot of boring games, set up negatively in most big games, not win the title, more functional then creative and entertaining, and not get too close to the CL. Maybe win one of the cups.
That my friend is what Liverpool is doing right now. I don't want to be another Liverpool

togg

I'm usually rather optimistic before the start of a season, regardless. However, I'm just not this time. I can see another season of 'transition' which translates as winning feck all. I had huge hopes of Mourinho, certainly by now, regardless of the way he likes to play, but I'm regrettably coming to the conclusion that he and United are just not clicking, which can happen sometimes. What he is and what United believes it is just doesn't match.

Still, who knows.....could be an opinion that is absolutely bollocks by the end of the season!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Been saying it for months. He has to challenge. Another season of just top four is not enough.

Been saying it for months. He has to challenge. Another season of just top four is not enough.
Of course he does, but it's going to be hard. We're on course for yet another window where City outspend everyone else. Hard to compete when the playing field is so skewed.

Hawks2008

To keep us from falling into complete obscurity like Liverpool and Arsenal did? To keep the ship steady while we slowly rebuild adding to our squad year after year? City probably can't keep spending forever. FFP can improve to prevent financial doping. The Sheikhs might get sick of spending so much like Roman did. Real and Barca eventually ran out of money. One day eventually, we might become top spenders again. At the meantime, let's keep our team competitive so we can seize the moment and maybe steal a few lucky title wins.
You talk about not falling into obscurity like Arsenal or Liverpool but then proceed to talk about how we have to steal lucky title wins as if we already have fallen to that level. Slowly rebuilding is not why you hire Mourinho, you bring him in to win big trophies and then piss off after 3 seasons. If he isn't doing this then what is the point? We aren't challenging for CL or the league, we aren't getting entertaining football, we still look as disjointed as when he arrived. I can put up with this if we are actually winning things of substance but we are not. He has had lots of time and money to right the wrongs in the squad and he still has time this window to do so. There is no more room for excuses this season, he has to have us seriously pushing for the league this season and a deep CL run or he can feck off.

Greck

Of course he does, but it's going to be hard. We're on course for yet another window where City outspend everyone else. Hard to compete when the playing field is so skewed.
We spend enough to at least 'challenge' for a good portion of the season. No need to set the bar low. It feels like getting the excuses in early. Liverpool had a better CL campaign with similar or less spending. We should easily outdo anyone not named City

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Andy Mitten's written a piece for the Norwegian supporters branch claiming that he knows of three players that United are interested in but who don't want to play for Mourinho. And he's been pretty supportive of Mourinho.
Andy Mitten doesn't know much about United's transfers and hasn't done for a while. His sources dried up at the club ages ago.

maniwin

This is dream world stuff, no manager in the world can do better with this lot. If you want to win consistently, the best and only way to do it is to spend the most. If you don't, you don't deserve to be the best. It's as simple as that. You simply have to accept we aren't the best anymore since we can't spend the most. It is hard to accept, but just look at what RAWK has become if you cannot learn to accept this fact.

if you guys remember Mou first season with Chelsea when he won them the league beating SAF , he literally replaced whole chelsea first 11 with Abramovich money , He would do the same if only we had oil money.

Canagel

It's a joke isn't it the lengths some will go to defend Mourinho. The excuses for not challenging this season are already being made. When we're still playing dull, tumescent football next season it'll be because we haven't spent as much as City despite us spending a lot ourselves and more than anyone else. We spend enough money maybe not as much as City have but teams with inferior budgets and inferior squads are able to play with a clear identity yet we can't. If Liverpool can outplay teams and reach CL final with a LESSER budget should we be accepting games like Sevilla with a BIGGER budget? Look at a team like Monaco under Jardim. They don't have the budget of big clubs, have to sell their best players but they overachieve. Under Mourinho there's no plan really. After 2 years we don't play with our normal attacking traditions nor do we resemble a Jose Mourinho team which I would've accepted too. He needs to prove himself again. 6 league titles in his first 8 years. Only 2 leagues from the next 8 years. He is a cheque book manager and only has success when he is able to outspend the others. So does Pep. So if Pep is spending more money what is the point of Mourinho then? We'd be better off getting a coach that can outperform his resources and extract more from what he has no? Definitely the jury is still out on him. Must give a strong title challenge at least with improved style of play this season.

Kaarel

if you guys remember Mou first season with Chelsea when he won them the league beating SAF , he literally replaced whole chelsea first 11 with Abramovich money , He would do the same if only we had oil money.
What?

Where does this idea come from that we don't have enough money to compete? Guardiola has spent £365.85m , Mourinho has spent £291.3m since taking over at the clubs. It's not like United doesn't have the money to compete.

However City already had KdB, Agüero, Kompany, Silva, Sterling once he took over while our Mourinho had De Gea.

Top 4 spending since 2014 :

City - 693m
United - 596m
Chelsea -565m
Liverpool - 443m

We've spent more than Abramovich.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's a joke isn't it the lengths some will go to defend Mourinho. The excuses for not challenging this season are already being made. When we're still playing dull, tumescent football next season it'll be because we haven't spent as much as City despite us spending a lot ourselves and more than anyone else. We spend enough money maybe not as much as City have but teams with inferior budgets and inferior squads are able to play with a clear identity yet we can't. If Liverpool can outplay teams and reach CL final with a LESSER budget should we be accepting games like Sevilla with a BIGGER budget? Look at a team like Monaco under Jardim. They don't have the budget of big clubs, have to sell their best players but they overachieve. Under Mourinho there's no plan really. After 2 years we don't play with our normal attacking traditions nor do we resemble a Jose Mourinho team which I would've accepted too. He needs to prove himself again. 6 league titles in his first 8 years. Only 2 leagues from the next 8 years. He is a cheque book manager and only has success when he is able to outspend the others. So does Pep. So if Pep is spending more money what is the point of Mourinho then? We'd be better off getting a coach that can outperform his resources and extract more from what he has no? Definitely the jury is still out on him. Must give a strong title challenge at least with improved style of play this season.
Well that's bullshit. We're talking about a manager who won the Champions League with Porto. Calling Mourinho a cheque book manager is disrespectful because he's proven himself at clubs with lesser budgets than most other teams. Inter Milan were outspent by Juventus and most of the European elite yet Mourinho conquered Europe with them and became the first manager in Italian football history to win the treble. Pep Guardiola is the true definition of a cheque book manager because he will fail with a team that's not tailor made for him.

JoaquinJoaquin

Big season for Jose, arguably the biggest of his career. If we don't get any better this season (which looking at our transfer window, is looking a real possibility), then his reputation will be in the toilet. So this could possibly be his last major job.

I just struggle to see how we turn things around this season if i'm being brutally honest. Jose isn't going to change tactically overnight and we have a real lack of creativity in our squad so I am really concerned. The fact there is more chance of Jose being sacked by Christmas than us winning the league is very scary.

Ondrej

We were second last season, yes it hurts but I don't understand the meltdown some of you have in here. Sure, let's get rid of Jose when literally no other solid manager is available and struggle for top 4.

JoaquinJoaquin

We were second last season, yes it hurts but I don't understand the meltdown some of you have in here. Sure, let's get rid of Jose when literally no other solid manager is available and struggle for top 4.
We finished 2nd by default. That was more because the other teams didn't perform than us being great. I don't think getting rid of Jose right now is the right call, but if he doesn't change things then he simply has to go. We can't just keep him 'because there is no one else available'. It doesn't work like that. If he isn't delivering and we take a step back in the league (which is a real possibility right now looking at the squad) while playing dour football then he simply has to go, simple as.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
City have signed just one player and were beaten to the only other player they wanted to sign because they didnt want to spend more. They aren't outspending everyone this summer.

Jojo <3 Mou

We finished 2nd by default. That was more because the other teams didn't perform than us being great. I don't think getting rid of Jose right now is the right call, but if he doesn't change things then he simply has to go. We can't just keep him 'because there is no one else available'. It doesn't work like that. If he isn't delivering and we take a step back in the league (which is a real possibility right now looking at the squad) while playing dour football then he simply has to go, simple as.
:rolleyes:

So, we didn't perform and got 81 points? A number that guarantees second or third place every year? Imagine how many we'll get when we start performing. :eek:

Stop discrediting the team! You play the opposition that you are given. If we are able to just improve a bit on last season we most definitely will be challenging for the title regardless of the opposition.

City have signed just one player and were beaten to the only other player they wanted to sign because they didnt want to spend more. They aren't outspending everyone this summer.
Let's revisit this post on the 10th August. What they paid for Mahrez alone puts them 5th in the transfer spending list and do you really think they're finished?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Let's revisit this post on the 10th August. What they paid for Mahrez alone puts them 5th in the transfer spending list and do you really think they're finished?
You said rhey were on course to outspend everyone when its wrong because United, Liverpool and Arsenal have currently spent more, all are linked to more players and then Chelsea linked with a lot more and will surely spend more (higuian and Golovin look likely). City were only linked with 2 players, they got 1, the other went to Chelsea. All reports since have been they aren't going for anyone else. So yeah, only Spurs is on course to spend less then them from the top 6.

There's no more excuses for us playing shite football every week and being miles off the pace for the 2 main trophies. Teams that spend less have done far better then us, teams that spend more have done far better then us. You dont have to spend the most to be the best. Its a lot more down to coaching.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Title or bust?

Is that the consensus here?
He has to win or get close to winning the league this season. I think egressing in the table and boring football will see both OT and Mou lose the plot.

Minimalist

According to who?

The modern football game.

Mourinho's gone if he doesn't push on from last season. Frankly even if he had a repeat of last season, including the awful football, I think he'll be gone as Old Trafford will (rightfully) turn on him.

There really is no excuse for the typical match at Old Trafford being awful to watch - the club is far too big and has too many resources (not just financial muscle) to let that slide. Van Gaal didn't get away with it and neither should Mourinho if this continues.

Also not sure what your last argument is about. Darmian and Blind don't play and even Jones misses lots of matches. None of those are key to our performances.

Jonno

Zidane did what every manager in world football can't dream of. What's your point? Sack Mourinho because Zidane did what all managers can't dream of?

Pep inherited a far superior squad than Jose did. Pep inherited a side that won the PL 12 months before he arrived, it was a squad well in their peak that had years to run. He inherited Aguero, KDB, Kompany, Silva, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Delph, Sterling, who all still heavily featured in Pep's title win!

Then he's splashed 500 million on top of that world class spine! Of course City should be winning the league!

Mourinho had scraps from failed managerial reigns. We literally had DDG as our only world class player.

We had Morgan Schniderlain, Schweinsteiger Hererra and Rooney as our midfielders FFS. Martial and Rashford as our strikers! Darmian and Blind as our wingbacks!

Aguero wins you titles, Silva wins you titles, Rooney playing as CM does not compare to Silva, hot and cold Martial and Rashford do not compare to Aguero. Schneiderlain does not compare to Fernandinho, Phil Jones does not compare to Kompany, Memphis Depay or Januzaj do not compare to Sterling.

Wake up and see the huge gulf between inheriting Aguero, KDB, Kompany, Silva, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Delph, Sterling + 500m to improve the squad and the sh!te Mourinho inherited to attempt to mount a title challenge. He did very well to get us to 80 points and 2nd place. He's been steadily improving us year on year.

And Conte p!ssed all over Mourinho? He's just been flogged for a better manager, he wasn't wanted at Chelsea. Chelsea were found lingering in 5th place and 11 points behind United. I think you'll find Mourinho p!ssed all over Conte in his second season.

Eddy_JukeZ

Wake up and see the huge gulf between inheriting Aguero, KDB, Kompany, Silva, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Delph, Sterling + 500m to improve the squad and the sh!te Mourinho inherited to attempt to mount a title challenge. He did very well to get us to 80 points and 2nd place. He's been steadily improving us year on year.

And Conte p!ssed all over Mourinho? He's just been flogged for a better manager, he wasn't wanted at Chelsea. Chelsea were found lingering in 5th place and 11 points behind United. I think you'll find Mourinho p!ssed all over Conte in his second season.
Kompany has been finished for a while now. Otamendi, Delph, Sterling and Fernandinho were seen as players prior to last season that Pep had to improve on. And 3 of the 4 had horrific world cup showings. And Delph really? We're now citing him as a key player? Come on...

Conte won the league in his 1st season. And despite Mourinho out-performing Conte in the league, Conte still got the final say over him winning the FA Cup.

The idea that Mourinho out-did him in the 2nd season as much as Conte did in his 1st is false.

edgar allan

S

How did the cup final go again?

Siorac

Zidane did what every manager in world football can't dream of. What's your point? Sack Mourinho because Zidane did what all managers can't dream of?

Pep inherited a far superior squad than Jose did. Pep inherited a side that won the PL 12 months before he arrived, it was a squad well in their peak that had years to run. He inherited Aguero, KDB, Kompany, Silva, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Delph, Sterling, who all still heavily featured in Pep's title win!

Then he's splashed 500 million on top of that world class spine! Of course City should be winning the league!

Mourinho had scraps from failed managerial reigns. We literally had DDG as our only world class player.

We had Morgan Schniderlain, Schweinsteiger Hererra and Rooney as our midfielders FFS. Martial and Rashford as our strikers! Darmian and Blind as our wingbacks!

Aguero wins you titles, Silva wins you titles, Rooney playing as CM does not compare to Silva, hot and cold Martial and Rashford do not compare to Aguero. Schneiderlain does not compare to Fernandinho, Phil Jones does not compare to Kompany, Memphis Depay or Januzaj do not compare to Sterling.

The gap between City and United went from zero to nine and then to 19 points during Mourinho's reign.

So far Guardiola's done a much better job. Thank feck this level will probably be very hard for them to keep up because so far the gap has only been growing every year.

Andersons Dietician

Noticed a lot of people now seem to put Sterling,Otamendi,Fernandinho and Delph in these lists like they’ve always been amazing. Previous season most were considered a joke and not worth spitting on if they were on fire now they were miles better than what Jose inherited.

Jose certainly does need some players but he also didn’t get anywhere near the best out of what he had which is a very good team.

Jonno

Noticed a lot of people now seem to put Sterling,Otamendi,Fernandinho and Delph in these lists like they’ve always been amazing. Previous season most were considered a joke and not worth spitting on if they were on fire now they were miles better than what Jose inherited.

Jose certainly does need some players but he also didn’t get anywhere near the best out of what he had which is a very good team.
I never said they were amazing, but they're very good, expensive international players at the perfect age to step up their career, compared that to the guff Mourinho was handed, the gap is huge.

You say he hasn't got the best out of what he had, he's taken us to 3 cup finals and 2nd place with 80 points. Why do people claim he's not got the best out of what he has? Sure, the football is bland, but the results are pretty good.

maniwin

What?

Where does this idea come from that we don't have enough money to compete? Guardiola has spent £365.85m , Mourinho has spent £291.3m since taking over at the clubs. It's not like United doesn't have the money to compete.

However City already had KdB, Agüero, Kompany, Silva, Sterling once he took over while our Mourinho had De Gea.

Top 4 spending since 2014 :

City - 693m
United - 596m
Chelsea -565m
Liverpool - 443m

We've spent more than Abramovich.
The budget he has with United is definitely lower than what he had with Chelsea back then , He bought like Drogba, Essien, Makelele, Ashley Cole, Kezman , Crespo, Cech , Shevchenko , Robben , Malouda , Carvalho , Obi Mikel and many more ( literally over 22 players ) in just 2-3 years at chelsea. Did he do that with us ? He couldn't due to our limited budget. He would have done the same with us if we gave him unlimited budget.

Christie

No.

Title challenge or bust. It'll be his 3rd season now. He must deliver that.
What do you mean by a "title challenge" anyway? If City finishes with 100 points you'd expect Mourinho to close up on 100 too? If City fails to perform as well and finishes with 88 points while we finish with 82, Mourinho becomes a success? Mourinho's success now depends on how well city does?

You talk about not falling into obscurity like Arsenal or Liverpool but then proceed to talk about how we have to steal lucky title wins as if we already have fallen to that level. Slowly rebuilding is not why you hire Mourinho, you bring him in to win big trophies and then piss off after 3 seasons. If he isn't doing this then what is the point? We aren't challenging for CL or the league, we aren't getting entertaining football, we still look as disjointed as when he arrived. I can put up with this if we are actually winning things of substance but we are not. He has had lots of time and money to right the wrongs in the squad and he still has time this window to do so. There is no more room for excuses this season, he has to have us seriously pushing for the league this season and a deep CL run or he can feck off.

In case you have been away from football for the past few years, I'd like to inform you that we have indeed fallen to that level. We haven't been title challenges for years, we have been in and out of top 4 for the past few years. We are basically Atletico and Dortmund now, and nobody expects to beat the financial dopers. Mourinho finally stabilized the ship, bringing us back close to Fergie's level finishing the league with 80+ points and challenging for the title...except 80+ points no longer cuts it anymore. Everyone financially dopes to 100 points now. Instead of giving us the City dope, Ed gives us some cut up dope with lots of fillers that only give half a high. If Fergie was still here today, he'd fold to Pep like a pussy given how much the odds are stacked against him.

You're right, slowly rebuilding is not what Mourinho is known for. But if you want him to do what he is best at, you need to back him with the money like City is backing Pep with money.

There is no excuses to be made bruh. Just realistic expectations. If Mourinho finishes the season with a huge drop in points, by all means sack him. If he finishes with 80+ again while City finishes with 100+, do you seriously expect him to get our squad to 100+ points? In case you didn't realize, we beat City this season and City flopped out of the CL too. Should they be accepting games with us with a BIGGER budget? Pep is a failure!!!

I suppose you really want us to become Monaco instead of PSG now. Sure, hire Jardim. We are so going to finish with 100 points with our team if we got Jardim right?

Everybody is a cheque book manager. It is no surprise that the more resources you have, the easier it is to win. Why do you everyone of you like to pretend money has no effect in this game? Why do you want to hamper your manager giving him less resources than the competition?

Think this will be the famous Jose third season. Not feeling good about the season at all.
Let's just hope that next year will be the famous league winners meltdown season which happens every year then. It will be our best chance to steal top spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.