José Mourinho | 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Anyone notice that comment about Diop as well? It’s strange that he mentions congratulations to the scout that found him as I find it really hard to believe he wasn’t a player our scouts would have known about since he was a pretty well known prospect along with Lafonte the keeper. Wonder if he has heard of Malang Sarr.

Anyway seemed like another sort of dig at United and Ed on the CB front.

togg

Anyone notice that comment about Diop as well? It’s strange that he mentions congratulations to the scout that found him as I find it really hard to believe he wasn’t a player our scouts would have known about since he was a pretty well known prospect along with Lafonte the keeper. Wonder if he has heard of Malang Sarr.

Yes it was a definite dig. He seems to be targetting pretty much everyone at the moment (except McTominay, at least yesterday!)

I'm starting to think he's destroying everything on purpose, subconsciously - if such a thing is possible. For someone who allegedly has huge respect for Ferguson and what he achieved he's certainly showing the ultimate disrespect to the big man who was given far less money each time he built a team but achieved so much more with every one of them.

Bestietom

Since the Summer I have been saying, " Look out for Mourinho's Antics". He acts like a child when he cannot get his own way, and now he has lost the dressing room.

We will sink lower and lower under him if we allow him to stay. Don't anyone try to tell me that we don't have better players at this club than Brighton, Derby, or West Ham.The players no longer want to play for him, so he should go now before it is too late.

Yesterday again we had no formation or balance, we were like a flock of sheep with no one willing to run into space. The team he picked was like from an amateur schoolboy manager, who had only 15 to pick from. No balance, Players out of position, and he just didn't know what to do.

This is from a manager who is supposedly the best in the world. He needs to go now,and bring in someone who can get these players performing again and quickly. We are a bloody circus act and the board are just standing by, letting it happen. No chance of winning anything under this manager now, He is Finished.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Although the rot at United is deeper than mourinho.The managment(Ed) and the players should also be blamed.

However,I think being the link between the management and the players Mourinho has done a terrible job at managing both relationships.He has thrown the club,the players and everybody under the bus and has refused to take a good look at the man in the mirror.

For instance,it was terrible of him to publicly whine about not getting the targets,especially a CB after spending huge sums on two CBs in the last two summers. Poch did not get his targets last summer,he is not whinning publicly.When Sir used to say his famous "no value in the market",probably the owners did not want to reinvest,Sir probably protected the Club,his players and management from the press with those lines,while probably putting pressure on the management behind the scene to reinvest.

The club has hit a cul de sac ATM a whole lot of changes need to be made,but it should start from Mourinho as soon as possible.

As a fine I do not mind contributing a small sum to pay his contract clause,even if we do not win anything this season,I want united playing with passion and exuberance again.I can give anything to have my wondeful weekends back.

Tchau senhor Mourinho.

Reactions: Sultan

UncleBob

We were joint 1st with City at this stage last season with 1 less goal scored at 19. New Castle were 9th on 10 points. They finished the season at 10th.

Points wise this is a disaster for Manchester United. Football wise, Wednesday was a disaster but it was the league cup, blah blah blah. Today was a disaster. If your benchmark for the season is top 4, hate to say this but we need a lot of teams to feck up if we’re going to finish in the top 4 playing like we’ve played so far this season.
It's Newcastle, look at Watfords start... We're 7 matches in, it doesn't define the rest of the season, chillax.

If it's a disaster or not depends on where we finish.

Top 4 is hardly a benchmark, and I've not said anything about it, but it is crucial that we make top 4 so that we don't risk losing out on players and fall further behind

Ekeke

He's not even that great yet. He's obviously young and good for a club like West Ham but thats all.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Yes it was a definite dig. He seems to be targetting pretty much everyone at the moment (except McTominay, at least yesterday!)

I'm starting to think he's destroying everything on purpose, subconsciously - if such a thing is possible. For someone who allegedly has huge respect for Ferguson and what he achieved he's certainly showing the ultimate disrespect to the big man who was given far less money each time he built a team but achieved so much more with every one of them.
That's what narcissists do.... they have the most destructive tendencies of any personality.

Web of Bissaka

Lost his mojo.

Wth is with that two final like for like subs he made? Screw stupid team balance when we're losing, chasing to win games. Martial and Pogba out, the two who offered goal threats in the game, for Mata and Fred.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It seems a madness approach though. Not only costing us this season but possibly next. This can't go on for another 7 months.
From what I have seen on youtube channels, there is a clause in the MUFC managers that if they fail to get top 4, they can be sacked with little compensation.
If however, they are still in the running for top 4, but get fired, they get fully compensated.
So, in a nutshell, to fire Jose now, is going to cost the club more money and as we know with Ed, he is all about reducing spending and increasing income.

joleb

Considering the circumstances, I would be happy to see him stay if he finished in the top 4.

Like him or not, he was denied signings this summer. The club blocked the transfers of Martial and Shaw for example and when you look at it, he’s working with a bunch of players who don’t suit his style. Pep and Klopp would suffer the exact same in this position.

Imagine Liverpool said to Klopp “No, you can’t sell this player. You have to work with what you’ve got... and you just bought a keeper last season so you can’t buy another one.”

The problem lies with Woodward. He’s getting too involved in the football side of things when he hasn’t got a clue. The players are also nowhere near good enough. Not for United.

People love overhyping these players and for no reason whatsoever. Luke Shaw has a decent game and all of a sudden he’s the best LB in the country. People need to wake up. I’ve seen performances like that from the likes of Kieran Richardson. Our standards have dropped massively.
Martial is nowhere near United quality. How Jones, Young and Smalling are still regularly starting for us is a ducking mystery but who else has he got? He wanted Alderweireld, he wanted Sandro.

Mourinho wanted to fix it. He wanted to win things and the board put zero faith in him. In his first season he won a European trophy and a League Cup. In his second season, it wasn’t great but he got us into another Cup Final and achieved our highest league standing since Fergie retired. It was progress.

This season was the final stage. The time to trust in Mourinho, give him the funds and let him sort out the squad HIS way. And the board denied him that chance. I feel sorry for him in a way. He’s working with a bunch of players he doesn’t fancy and that’s why he comes across as so frustrated and judgemental in the press conferences. He can see they’re not good enough, I can see it and deep down, everyone else knows it too.

Smalling, Jones and Young all should have even shown the door. Martial and Herrera should have been sold for hefty amounts and the way Pogba has been acting, he can feck off aswell. It’s cancerous behavior. I will never support this bunch of overpaid social media obsessed primadonnas over a winner like Mourinho.
Perfectly said.

However, i do think that he can handle this whole situation a bit better, tone down the drama a bit. Talking about the drama now, i think the only thing that could come out of it is the fresh rebuild - Lets just tear down everything and rebuild from scratch. The drama will help.

In all cases, i am pretty sure that whoever manages the team after him will face the same problems as Mou did if nothing major changes.

Kostov

I'm disappointed by Mourinho, I though he was partially changed and will leave the conflicts with his own players behind, in previous experiences. It obviously wasn't the case. It baffles me to think that an intelligent guy like him thinks that he can win while in war with his best players. I'm starting to think that his ego is bigger than the rational decisions expected from him, maybe even he does it on purpose,hoping to get sacked.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm disappointed by Mourinho, I though he was partially changed and will leave the conflicts with his own players behind, in previous experiences. It obviously wasn't the case. It baffles me to think that an intelligent guy like him thinks that he can win while in war with his best players. I'm starting to think that his ego is bigger than the rational decisions expected from him, maybe even he does it on purpose,hoping to get sacked.
It's simply his character. He can't help it.

Djemba-Djemba

I'm just desperate to watch Utd play good exciting attacking football.

It's been almost 6 years of utter boring shite. Whoever the next guy is has to be an attacking manager.

Not fecking Conte or any other negative manager.

UncleBob

I'm generally struggling to understand, and accept, Mourinho's insinstance on never substituting Lukaku. The only time he hasn't played the full match this season is our first match of the season against Leicester, when he had just returned from his vacation. Apart from that it's always the full 90 mins.

Last season: First time he was subbed off in the Premier League was when he got the head injury vs Southampton, then there was the 77th min sub against Huddersfield and he came off the bench vs Bournemouth before he was subbed off with an injury vs Arsenal. Apart from injuries, he was only subbed off once. Champions League ? one match where he was subbed off in the 74th min.

From my perspective it's absolutely mind boggling that we never sub him off. As a bare minimum it's important in order to:
- Keep other players in that position fit
- Rest Lukaku

Like today, when he's completely switched off for the majority of the match, we stick with it, no changes whatsoever. Didn't think Alexis was great, didn't think Alexis was extremely poor either, he was a lot more involved than Lukaku. Alexis wanted it, badly, you could easily see he was gutted when he had to come off. Why not try Rashford, Martial and Alexis up front, we already moved Fellaini up top for him to win headers, why not have a more mobile trio work off Fellaini.

The contrast to other managers is huge, Guardiola is happy to sub off either one of his players, won't hesitate whatsoever. Mourinho will pretty much sub off everyone but Lukaku, no matter how he's performing.

It's going to cost us

Chicharo

Last season was phenomenal?!
And he already pretty much stated that we would play for the second place in Valencia, which is probably true, but to say it publicly just shows lack of belief or simply the fact that he doesn't give a shit

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Last season was phenomenal?!
And he already pretty much stated that we would play for the second place in Valencia, which is probably true, but to say it publicly just shows lack of belief or simply the fact that he doesn't give a shit
Hes basically saying the players are shit and he performed a miracle with the squad last season

Oneunited26

Amazing that we have won one home game this season, two very slow players in midfield, the team moves the ball slower than a sloth, and he’s learnt nothing since joining this club. No evolution, not evolved has a manager since coming here, and when he leaves no top club will touch him. He’s just waiting for his paycheck because the board the spineless goones that they are, won’t fire him until top 4 is impossible. They log into their bank accounts more times than they watch games. Previous managers since he was fired at Chelsea in 2015, have put up title challenges than he has since joining United

Hes basically saying the players are shit and he performed a miracle with the squad last season
And he used to laugh at Wenger for not winning titles, how he moves the goalposts to suit his moronic agenda, he’s finished has a top manager

Sylar

I really wanted it to work out for him. I think the best time to get him was actually post Ferguson but it didnt happen.

The big issue i have with him is how he changes things so often on a game to game basis, but when it comes to ingame management, its not good. Its baffling at times, and then it seems to just result in hoofing it towards the front as quickly as possible hoping for something.

3 years in and we still dont know what his style of play is, or what his best lineup is.

At the very least I was expecting a team that doesnt concede, and tries to score on the counter. We arent even getting that.

Bola

He has to start taking the blame for these tactics. Our attack was ponderous and slow, while we failed to commit numbers forward until the latter stage of our attacking phase.

Worse than that, he is showing a lack of ruthlessness in his selection in two ways:
- persisting with fringe players who have clearly displayed their limitations and have no future at the club (e.g.
Mata, Darmian)
- Failing to drop underperforming players during games (e.g. Lukkaku who was possibly our worst player last night)

I'm missing faith in Jose and from a selection perspective, I want to see three things happen:

1) It's seriously time to sideline the 'no future' players from matchday squad and focus on preparing them for exits. I'd put Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Mata and Herrera in this catagory. After last night, i think Valencia has also declined to the extent he should join it too.

2) Give chances to youth. That includes more established players like Perreira, through to high performing academy prospects like Chong, Gomes, Greenwood

3) Be ruthless during games and show their are no 'golden gooses' if a player is having an off day. It's the high performing standards that matter, not egos

Unfortunately, I can't see it happening. He will continue on the same path, repeating the same mistakes, failing to inject new energy and competition, while standards continue to drop

Patrick08

I think Rui Faria's departure is also playing a huge impact in behind the scenes management and coaching this season.

cantaldo

Despite all the money spent by him on attacking talent, west ham's attacking trio look more dangerous than any attacking trio mourinho has put together so far this season.

Greck

Despite all the money spent by him on attacking talent, west ham's attacking trio look more dangerous than any attacking trio mourinho has put together so far this season.
Their manager inherited a stronger team

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Something of the old Jose Mourinho about him today. The early subs, the risky tactical changes, the difficult to get use of Pogba as an auxiliary/at times centre back that somehow worked. More please.

Kamprad

Good thing Mourinho didnt coach C. Ronaldo and Messi in their early years because he would kill their joy of playing football. They would be half as good as they became.

Web of Bissaka

First half: Except for the inclusion of a player for this game, it's not a bad starting lineup (Is Mou trying to scapegoating McT and Bailly?) Valencia drop, unexpected. Sancehz bench. Pereira bench. Martial and Rashford starting. Not bad. Fellaini bench is unexpected but as a super sub, sure.

Then when we're losing, let's put Bailly out (put Mata in, good) and stick McT to CB, to retain that defense balance......

Second half: That's better. 3-5-2. Fellaini in, fair. The game is still bad, the team attacks is not connecting. Better attitude, we had a go at 'em.

Rashford not effective, out, Sanchez in, fair.
Martial then decide to screw it and do what he wants, coming infield, got a free kick, Mata score. Game change. Then a quick counter attacks with Mata. Then 1-2 with Pogba, score.
Sanchez score afterwards and up his game, win.

Then, interviews, said bad things about Rashford and McT.....

GM K

Brilliant performance yesterday. He was screaming from the touchline,motivating the boys, harassing the fourth official and rousing fans. His changes were absolutely spot on with tightening the back while attacking in focus. If I am right, he changed his mind at the last minute on substituting Martial. That proved to be really smart. His three changes made a massive difference. Mata scored, Sanchez scored and Fellaini gave Martial more freedom to express himself and score. From what I hear, his half time talk ignited fire in the lads and I loved his post match comments. Yesterday reminded me why I believe there is still a superb manager somewhere in there in Mourinho. I hope he stays and gets it right but if he is fired, I hope we will be fair in the way we judge his legacy here.

SirAF

Ageist
Brilliant performance yesterday. He was screaming from the touchline,motivating the boys, harassing the fourth official and rousing fans. His changes were absolutely spot on with tightening the back while attacking in focus. If I am right, he changed his mind at the last minute on substituting Martial. That proved to be really smart. His three changes made a massive difference. Mata scored, Sanchez scored and Fellaini gave Martial more freedom to express himself and score. From what I hear, his half time talk ignited fire in the lads and I loved his post match comments. Yesterday reminded me why I believe there is still a superb manager somewhere in there in Mourinho. I hope he stays and gets it right but if he is fired, I hope we will be fair in the way we judge his legacy here.
:devil:

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Masterclass today. It was a game where we really had no chance but his tactics nullified their possession play in midfield and if it wasn’t for rashford and young’s piss poor performances we would have won the game with some ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.