José Mourinho | 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Web of Bissaka

As long as he's still the manager, more of this Mourinho please.

This is how he is consistently Season 16/17.

Unexpectedly did everything right this time.
  • pre and post match press conference are good, he's careful with his mouth this two times.
  • risk decision, attacking 4-2-3-1 line-up, open set-up football. Let the team had a good go at Chelsea.
  • motivated the team half time, better second half.
  • Valencia deservedly out, Sanchez deservedly bench.
  • :eek:good player-managing of Martial, the length he go through assuring the smiling Tony when being subbed out. And the in game cross the line back pat to Martial. :devil:
  • better behave this time, and cool at the bench.
  • right passion at the end, that drama, we need a strong backbone manager.
Wish we win, alas.

SSSSnake

I want to see us play like this for 90 mins. Yes not always possible but I hate that we only seem to come out and play when we go a goal down.

Nice seeing some fire from jose today at least. He seems to come alive when the world is against him.

Sylar

Strangely, if it was a 0-0 bore, we would have been pissed. But cos we went for it second half, its more acceptable.
I think our players need it drilled into their head that we are with a 1 goal handicap and need to play to take the lead from the beginning.

I do think Jose needed to avoid taking both mata and Martial off. It ruined the ball sticking closer to their goal and giving Chelsea defenders a worry in the last 10 minutes.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Good call on dropping Lukaku and to bring in fred. Should have been much more comfortable than it ended up but a step in the right direction in terms of attacking intent.

Well done Jose.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Why the he'll did it take our leader nearly one year to find Sanchez best position for us?We look a lot better going forward now and it will only be a matter of time before it clicks for us up front you would think?
I like Rom but he does need to sort himself out,at the same time by having him out,Sanchez can play up front,martial now has the left wing spot back and we also can play Herrera or Fred also.

Sylar

His subs have been spot on last few games, winning us games, points, etc. Certainly had an impact when things havent been going our way.

Andersons Dietician

Can’t believe nothing has been posted in here since the 8th. He really is atrocious, team choice and substitutions terrible. If Jose was in charge of goal of the season today’s goal would probably be his choice. Lumped ball in to the box, Lukaku knock on Fellaini finish. I honestly can’t believe this guy is our manager.

The reaction after Rashford chipped miss and then his comments after the game. Seriously he has to go at the end of the season.

Minimalist

Yeah that's totally comparable. :houllier:

I'll give you a clue: that's in the 80th fecking minute for a start. Secondly Ronaldo isn't Rashford (I'll not even fecking go into that). Thirdly, isn't Fergie yelling at him for not passing to Rooney on the left? (so it's his decision making there, not the strike)

Last edited:

el3mel

Out of eveything wrong he did wrong last 2 games people focused on normal reaction on touchline to talk about, feck me. The guy does many mistakes in lineup and subs that are far worth talking about.

We need a baby sitter for our players by the way people go mental here on the slightest showing of anger or disguat by the manager. When Ed interviews the next manager, if he actually does interviews, first question should be if he's willing to baby sit our sensitive and soul hurt players as they and fans can't withstand these reactions, if he answers no, well give him the job anyway as that will be the right way of treating players.

Andersons Dietician

Was wondering who some were speaking to and clicked the reveal all button to see the usual suspects. That moment Rashford went for the chip, it was controlled and the right option for the occasion. He’s unlucky that he has just overhit it. He has made the right choice, if you’re a manager you take that moment to encourage him and go again keep trying, something Fergie did many times with Ronaldo.

Heck I’ve even seen Jose do it this season with Martial. The reaction at that moment in time was wrong and he has missed a valuable opportunity to gain some trust of Rashford and instill some confidence in the lad. It’s just bad management plain and simple in that moment of time.

If he wanted to show his displeasure shout at him, turning his back rolling his eyes and making it seem like a plea to the fans “oh look this is what I’m dealing with” is almost worse than a hairdryer.

Patrick08

Doesn't deserve any money. He has to leave. We will be back to where we were after moyes and lvg.

Patrick08

His team selections lack creativity all the time. The non inclusion of fred and inclusion of Matic disgusts me. He's been terribly biased towards matic, and gets overly critical of pogba.

Pogba needs to be put in his place? Fine i can agree with that, but always in crucial big games at the cost of creativity and points?

Status
Not open for further replies.