Jose after the Juventus game

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Maybe it has something with you shitting on practically every player, past or present constantly. ;)
Not always of course, but very very often.
That's not the thing. Every thread focus on one of the many facades of a player/manager which need to be tackled in isolation. For example I think Scholes is the best AM of his generation and possibly the most intelligent player I've witnessed since Roberto Baggio played. In fact I'd choose him ahead of Zidane (ie Juventus legend you know?). However I think he sometimes get overboard in his criticism on United mainly because what made him a special player (ie his perfectionism) doesn't bide well in punditry. Having said that,I think he was top notch today in his criticism towards Mourinho.

You see, different facades, different reactions

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
As said its a very complex issue which shouldn't be debated in here for obvious reasons. Lets say that if things worked according to the rules then either every Serie A club would be sanctioned or else none of them would be sanctioned at all.

This is what Gigli said

Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, presidente della Juventus nell'estate del 2006 (quella di calciopoli) parla al Match Program della Roma a due giorni dalla sfida dell'Olimpico tra bianconeri e giallorossi. Tra i temi toccati dall'ex numero uno bianconero anche il processo che vide la Juve retrocessa in Serie B. E proprio il processo che stangò la società bianconera torna a far discutere: "Nell’estate del 2006 fummo condannati a giocare nella serie inferiore e le condanne vanno accettate. Penso però che il processo sportivo non fu condotto nel migliore dei modi. Alcuni faldoni vennero ignorati, anzi, direi nascosti. Intercettazioni di altre squadre non vennero subito rese note”, attacca l’ex presidente della Juve. “Inter? Anche loro meritavano sanzioni per quanto emerso nelle conversazioni, lo disse anche Palazzi. Eppure tutto cadde in prescrizione.”

In summer of 2006 we were condemned to play in the serie B and sentences had to be accepted. However I think that the whole process wasn't done in the best of ways. Some proof were ignored and hidden. Meanwhile tappings of other teams weren't immediately noted. Inter? From what had been raised from the conversations they deserved sanctions. Even Palazzi said so. However everything went in prescription.
Nah, it's not complex at all, it's simple.

Gigli acknowledged there would be a punishment (as you do if you're innocent yeah?) and they didnt go to CAS .... as lots of people/clubs/counties have done when they've got a case.

When they got done for the Mutu issues, they went to CAS? And won? So they went to the highest authority in the land to avoid a comp payment but didn't for a relegation and points ban.... funny that?

I get it... as a Juve fan, you're pissed but hey?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Jose creates the seige mentality on himself rather then the team actually. It's unusual. But it's his nature and I think many will hate it but it is what it is.

devilish

Nah, it's not complex at all, it's simple.

Gigli acknowledged there would be a punishment (as you do if you're innocent yeah?) and they didnt go to CAS .... as lots of people/clubs/counties have done when they've got a case.

When they got done for the Mutu issues, they went to CAS? And won? So they went to the highest authority in the land to avoid a comp payment but didn't for a relegation and points ban.... funny that?
I have to check on this. But if I remember well, CAS do not deal in internal league matters.

BlueHaze

They were in both games chanting "Mourinho a son of a wh#re" I thought his 3 fingers in the air after we had lost against them at home was pathetic however after today those Hulk Hogan gestures were warranted, only thing that would have made it better is if the away fans would have copied that scene from braveheart where they all show their hairy arses.

devilish

Probably. That'll be the reason.
As said I am not 100% about it. So I have to ask people who were more versed about the case then I did. However, I require time on that. After this victory and Mourinho's antics, the last thing they would want would be me bringing up calciopoli again.

Utdstar01

How are people so seemingly offended by this? :lol: it's as if people never knew he managed Inter! Probably got so much shit from Juve fans over the years. Its like when he went mad on the touchline against Liverpool in the slippy G match but of course none of you gave a feck there.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
As said I am not 100% about it. So I have to ask people who were more versed about the case then I did. However, I require time on that. After this victory and Mourinho's antics, the last thing they would want would be me bringing up calciopoli again.
You should go to sleep mate. Jose's triggered you HARD.

devilish

You should go to sleep mate. Jose's triggered you HARD.
what does that has to do with what I feel? Does that apply to Paul Scholes as well, whom I agree 100% with on his assessment about the case?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We need the feck juventus guy who used to praise Darmian. Like.. right now.

Chairman Steve

It’s that glimmer of light of the old Jose we all hope to see... certainly for me anyway. It’s all fun, games, trashtalk and pantomime at the end of the day.

Is it really true Juve fans were chanting shit about his family the whole game? If it was me then yeah feck off if your feelings are hurt by me cupping my ear at you even though you called my mother a whore throughout the game

I wonder how the press will react to it tomorrow... it wouldn’t surprise if was akin to the liberals reaction to when Trump got elected.

SER19

The overeaction in both extremes here :lol:

virtue signalling champs out in force at the horrific actions. This is a football match not your kids egg and spoon race, get over yourselves

Inception

Absolutely loved it! We need to show some cockiness when we beat big teams, lifts the mood in the dressing room. "nice guys always finish last" :)

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The pundits I had on were City and Liverpool fans and they both thought that Mourinho did nothing wrong. He thanked Allegri, celebrated the victory by giving something back to the Juventus fans which he had gotten all game. In fact they criticised Bonucci for whining and the other Juventus players for not take his hand when he wanted to shake them.

Yagami

Good post resistant
:lol:

:devil: :lol:
That was excellent! :lol: That laugh was beautiful. It's nice to see him like this instead of being down in the dumps.
Jose creates the seige mentality on himself rather then the team actually. It's unusual. But it's his nature and I think many will hate it but it is what it is.
Yeah, it's him vs them rather than them vs us.

Also, I don't get why everyone is giving @devilish a hard time. I'm on neither side in regards to José's celebration as i don't really care, but I don't see anything wrong with his opinion.

LordSpud

It really does seem like JoMo has finally found his mojo! :eek:

Onwards and upwards!!! :D:D

Dobba

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but everyone's favourite bitter scrote Souness was saying he could have started a riot.

Maybe he should have planted a flag in the middle of the pitch instead.

PepsiCola

Won the game with a good plan and well done substitutions.

Can celebrate as he pleases.

Brightonian

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but everyone's favourite bitter scrote Souness was saying he could have started a riot.

Maybe he should have planted a flag in the middle of the pitch instead.
Does the man not hear himself sometimes?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I assure you, Im thrilled with the result. I'm living in a country were 50% are Serie A fans while 50% are EPL fans. The rivalry between the two sides is quite high and I can't wait to meet my Juventus friends to taunt them especially after enduring the misery of losing at OT.

However as said, this thread is about Jose's reaction after the Juventus game.
Im sure you will taunt the Juventus fans about the loss around 95% of the time and the remaining 5% are spent getting all pally about José being a shitbag. Surely that seems logical from your posts in this thread innit

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
:lol: could have been killed.
Thats insane tho. Did he have any comments on Pogba, or has he actually warmed to him now?

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
Jose being Jose...Top top manager. Good Game today. Kept Juve at bay for most part and hit them with set-piece sucker punch. Chelsea has done this a lot and I dont buy into chatter of 'they got lucky' or 'they did not deserve to win'. This is vintage Jose. Well played United.

Yet there is a reason he is abused often...Collecting wins but no respect! Long may he continue to represent Man Utd.

LARulz

:lol:

:devil: :lol:
:lol: he was clearly proud of that one. I would be too.

I see no issue with his celebrations. He was insulted all match and celebrated. He is human, we all react in the heat of a moment. A lot of people here claiming he was daft for doing it etc. are seeing it more after some time has elapsed. You sit there getting hounded for over an hour and then win last minute, your emotions rub high.

Guardiola does stupid crap on the touchline, Klopp does, Conte, Sarri etc. - not every manager can be like Pellegrino twiddling their thumbs