Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Next season when we're playing hoofball the Jose fans will be like 'what else can Jose do? Pep has KDB while Jose has to do with shit players like Fellaini, you should even be grateful we're 4th with this shit squad'
Yep surely they will say that second is a good spot in the league and quarterfinal in champions league also good achievement regarding the squad. He will have had 5windows to make his team. If he cant win anything we should fire him asap. Some mourinho defending is being ridiculous. Only his mistake that he plays with the players he has. Had a lot of time to sort it out

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Don't think McTominay would cause me anymore pain than Fellaini has in midfield.
I quite like McTominay, I think he's already on a similar level to Fellaini. With more experience he'll improve his decision making, the coaches are also saying that he is playing within himself and has more in his locker.

Hopefully he can build on his 1st season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ball's in your court, Jose lad.
Time for you to pay the piper. Anything less than improvement on last season and you need to walk - he'll have had 3 x full seasons, 6 x transfer windows and if he's still playing shite football he needs to go.
This. The time and money the club has spent on making it his squad is adequate for us to see the results and judge him accordingly. If he fails to deliver a serious title challenge this season, he deserves to be sacked at the end of the next. No excuses.

Hansa

Got to admit, having lived through the club's most successful era, at this stage I probably value weekly entertainment* over trophies - at least for the time being. Most of the games this spring was a hard watch. An FA cup win at the end of it wouldn't have erased all the joyless moments in the preceding months.

* By entertainment I don't necessarily mean gung-ho, high-scoring, beautiful attacking play. I just want to experience a bit of excitement and anticipation ahead of the next game. This season just fizzled out into a black hole of nothingness. No joy, no heartbreak. Sort it out, Jose!

bsCallout

Call me crazy but i'd love Southgate at the end of his England stint, that team spirit is what United is missing!

Womp

idiot
Jose has in all likelihood, forced the club to bend to his will re Fellaini, yet remains non plussed regarding Martial... Seriously, feck him.

He'll be a dead man walking by Christmas.
You do realize the player was offered a contract and negotiations went on for months right?

El Zoido

I doubt Jose has been involved in this much at all. Can’t see him telling the club not to issue an employee a new contract. The club deal with the financial side such as contracts, Jose’s involvement would be as far as saying he values what Fellaini offers, his attitude, work rate, etc. which would have happened months ago. It’s well established that Jose is happy to keep him so I’m not sure why people are losing their shit over a player accepting a contract that’s been on the table for months.

The rest is between the club and the player. Folk talking as if Jose has turned up on Fellaini’s doorstep cap in hand, begging him to stay. He’s simply part of the squad and will remain as such. The picture being painted does not represent reality.

AshRK

I doubt Jose has been involved in this much at all. Can’t see him telling the club not to issue an employee a new contract. The club deal with the financial side such as contracts, Jose’s involvement would be as far as saying he values what Fellaini offers, his attitude, work rate, etc. which would have happened months ago. It’s well established that Jose is happy to keep him so I’m not sure why people are losing their shit over a player accepting a contract that’s been on the table for months.

The rest is between the club and the player. Folk talking as if Jose has turned up on Fellaini’s doorstep cap in hand, begging him to stay. He’s simply part of the squad and will remain as such. The picture being painted does not represent reality.
But club would not be offering a contract if the manager was not a fan of his. The way jose publicly gave importance to fellaini was a joke. Jose likes fellaini because he is the only few guys who can die for him, however it is not Jose FC but Manchester United FC. I honestly dont see this move going well. But at least now Jose have even less excuses to play with.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Next season when we're playing hoofball the Jose fans will be like 'what else can Jose do? Pep has KDB while Jose has to do with shit players like Fellaini, you should even be grateful we're 4th with this shit squad'
Yup, conveniently ignoring that in his 3rd season now, everyone who is here or not is Mourinhos choice at this point and what he wanted. People coming out with excuses about our budget... we've spent 70m so far. Theres 1 month left. I doubt a 20-30m replacement would change our budget that much and stop us from signing the positions we need. Hell, just fecking get Golovin for 25m and there you go, problem solved with a quality player that will fix a lot of issues in terms of the squad balance in midfield for pretty cheap.

We arent even after a left back according to many sources and judging by our activity and what Mourinho has said. Hes happy with young. Means we're looking at just a center back and then a right winger only if Martial leaves, since all last season Mou was saying how we weren't interested in an attack? One of the biggest mistakes of Mourinhos time here has been how slowly hes tried to do our rebuild. Dont even know why. Doing a big rebuild at once brings inconsistency, risks with lack of gelling and incohesive play, and takes a bit of time until it clicks... well guess what, we've been shite anyway. Just achieved nothing by taking this approach. And it'll cost him, after we have a repeat of this season and the pressure mounts on him to leave. Hopefully he'd actually leave or be sacked, but I wont hold my breath on that.

Greck

But club would not be offering a contract if the manager was not a fan of his. The way jose publicly gave importance to fellaini was a joke. Jose likes fellaini because he is the only few guys who can die for him, however it is not Jose FC but Manchester United FC. I honestly dont see this move going well. But at least now Jose have even less excuses to play with.
Yes best to avoid the situation like the Perisic non-signing where the manager could attribute a non-signing has part reason for an underwhelming season. Give him what and who he wants

Last edited:

CA_vampire

If he hasn't won a championship or a CL by his 10th season, I would consider replacing him by a manager who has won more trophies during his managerial career.

shaky

Call me crazy but i'd love Southgate at the end of his England stint, that team spirit is what United is missing!
He seems a very affable chap and things are certainly falling into place for him with England. I think the extreme expectations and constant, intense scrutiny of the Utd job would see him quickly fold like a paper bag though.

Oneunited26

Yup, conveniently ignoring that in his 3rd season now, everyone who is here or not is Mourinhos choice at this point and what he wanted. People coming out with excuses about our budget... we've spent 70m so far. Theres 1 month left. I doubt a 20-30m replacement would change our budget that much and stop us from signing the positions we need. Hell, just fecking get Golovin for 25m and there you go, problem solved with a quality player that will fix a lot of issues in terms of the squad balance in midfield for pretty cheap.

We arent even after a left back according to many sources and judging by our activity and what Mourinho has said. Hes happy with young. Means we're looking at just a center back and then a right winger only if Martial leaves, since all last season Mou was saying how we weren't interested in an attack? One of the biggest mistakes of Mourinhos time here has been how slowly hes tried to do our rebuild. Dont even know why. Doing a big rebuild at once brings inconsistency, risks with lack of gelling and incohesive play, and takes a bit of time until it clicks... well guess what, we've been shite anyway. Just achieved nothing by taking this approach. And it'll cost him, after we have a repeat of this season and the pressure mounts on him to leave. Hopefully he'd actually leave or be sacked, but I wont hold my breath on that.
I think he’s embracing Valencia, young, Jones, fellaini, the amount of money this club generates and he’s happy with our fullbacks, our midfield, our defence, resigning young and fellaini, he wants willain, he signed matic. But it speaks to me a manager where there is no evolution, think all he cares about is players who will do exactly what he says more than if their good enough with a style of football that’s not built to win titles but make do with a top 4, when a manager has this mentality it’s a worry going down the Arsenal route

walkinhop

Yes best to avoid the situation like the Perisic non-signing where the manager could attribute a non-signing has part reason for an underwhelming season. Give him what and who he wants
What if he says Messi? You can't be serious. He should have a list of several players fitting the position, not only one irreplacable

rotherham_red

You're wrong. He wanted a mulk
You do realize the player was offered a contract and negotiations went on for months right?
I'm not even talking about that, I'm talking about how Jose has gone about putting pressure on the board via his public statements on Fellaini, which has in turn emboldened Fellaini to make the demands he has to get the contract he wants. For Martial, who has contributed so much more than Fellaini has even though he's been here two years less, it's been radio silence. That silence speaks volumes as to what he values in a footballer, and it doesn't bode well for the coming season also.

Greck

What if he says Messi? You can't be serious. He should have a list of several players fitting the position, not only one irreplacable
I agree it was a flimsy excuse especially as he ended up with Sanchez who till he played in our shit on a stick system was generally regarded as superior

rotherham_red

Agree fully, especially the boldened. The weird thing is, he did the exact opposite at Madrid, where he splurged and got the team purring beautifully in his second season. Why the feck can't he do it here? It's not like the will from Ed isn't there.

Womp

idiot
You're wrong. He wanted a mulk

I'm not even talking about that, I'm talking about how Jose has gone about putting pressure on the board via his public statements on Fellaini, which has in turn emboldened Fellaini to make the demands he has to get the contract he wants. For Martial, who has contributed so much more than Fellaini has even though he's been here two years less, it's been radio silence. That silence speaks volumes as to what he values in a footballer, and it doesn't bode well for the coming season also.
If he didn't value what Martial offers, he wouldn't of green-lighted months of negotiations. You're looking for something to sulk about when there's nothing. His value and worth would have been discussed when discussing terms, if he needs it to be reiterated publicly for him to stay, he can feck off tbh, it's this coddling bullshit that's gotten this club to the place it's at. Instead of babying everyone involved with United we need to be more ruthless, if anything. If Jose doesn't perform, he can feck off, so too players. If players don't want to stay, they can feck off, we have money and everyone in our squad bar De Gea is replaceable.

Whether or not Martial stays is down to him, he's had offers and has rejected them all, they were his decision, not Jose's. If a player wants to leave, they'll leave, there's only so much the manager can do to convince them.

Last edited:

Oneunited26

Agree fully, especially the boldened. The weird thing is, he did the exact opposite at Madrid, where he splurged and got the team purring beautifully in his second season. Why the feck can't he do it here? It's not like the will from Ed isn't there.
Maybe because at Madrid they would not have him play football that makes you want to rip your hair out, it’s why they win European cups, and we celebrate a europa league and going out to Sevilla. I think there is zero pressure from the board who are a complete joke, who are happy has long has there is a top 4. If moyes kept united in the top 4 playing this long ball football, he would still be in a job, if VG kept united in a top 4, he would still be in a job. The board don’t care how the managers play the football and who plays, keep the club in the top 4, try and sign some big name that the team don’t need and they will trick the fans we will win the league lol

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It wasn't his choice at Madrid. They had a DoF who left in Mourinho's third season.

Hawks2008

More of the same next season. Mourinho is persisting with the likes of Fellaini, Valencia, Young and were expecting to actually progress? I better not hear a single person complaining about deadwood or how Pep has the better squad, because Mourinho is choosing to keep the dross around. I don't want to hear any excuses next season when he is exposed as a man living off past achievements.

Last edited:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Anyone thinks the fact Rui Faria left may change his football approach for next season if not his football concepts?

I can't see him surviving 1 more season if the performances don't improve, not saying he has to win or not, but he will have fierce competition beside Guardiola and Klopp.

Last edited:

NoLogo

More of the same next season. Mourinho is persisting with the likes of Fellaini, Valencia, Young and were expecting to actually progress? I better not hear a single person complaining about deadwood or how Pep has the better squad, because Mourinho is choosing to keep the dross around. I don't want to hear any excuses next season when he is exposed as a man living off past achievements.
Also seeing this WC he will probably persist with his negative football and only train standards from here on out.

Andersons Dietician

Anyone thinks the fact Rui Faria left may change is football approach for next season if not his football concepts?

I can't see him surviving 1 more season if the performances don't improve, not saying he has to win or not, but he will have fierce competition beside Guardiola and Klopp.
No, not at all. The coaches carry out his instructions. People thinking McKenna and Carrick being on the staff are going to change us in to Brazil are living in a dream land.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
No, not at all. The coaches carry out his instructions. People thinking McKenna and Carrick being on the staff are going to change us in to Brazil are living in a dream land.
Not saying he will turn into Klopp or Guardiola, just the fact he has been working with Faria since 2001 at Leiria, can't believe he doesn't see anything wrong unless he just thinks this is only individual quality missing, hopefully not.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's the thing I want most this season. Just to be able to look forward to the team playing would give me great joy. His neck is on the line. I feel the staff changes can only be positive. He needs new ideas.

Fluctuation0161

Nah, I support Jose but next season is crunch time.

I'm concerned at the lack of signings this summer so far.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Wouldn't expect him to change his core footballing philosophy but hopefully he would at least allow them to drill some better attacking moves and not stick to his guns about being "not a coach who tells you to pass from A to B" or something like that.

Too much to hope for?:(

Womp

idiot
Has to deliver this season, no excuses. There's rumours it's him that is willing to give Shaw another chance instead of signing a top draw LB, if decisions like these don't pay off, after 3 seasons, then it's on him. If he doesn't deliver some major silverware, he should be let go of.

maniwin

You sure you want us to be like Brazil whose football flopped since 2002 ? France is probably the most mourinho team in this world cup and they are in the final.

Has to deliver this season, no excuses. There's rumours it's him that is willing to give Shaw another chance instead of signing a top draw LB, if decisions like these don't pay off, after 3 seasons, then it's on him. If he doesn't deliver some major silverware, he should be let go of.
Not sure that was Ed woodward requirement, i think the board is satisfied enough as long as we finish top 4

Hojoon

Not saying he will turn into Klopp or Guardiola, just the fact he has been working with Faria since 2001 at Leiria, can't believe he doesn't see anything wrong unless he just thinks this is only individual quality missing, hopefully not.
He wouldn't have hired 3 new coaches just to replace 1 if he was happy. IIRC, there were at least a couple press conferences in his time here where he basically admitted that the players aren't getting his instructions. People tend to grow with their environment, I'm excited to see how he evolves with the changes, it didn't do Fergie any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.