Jose Mourinho joins Sky Sports

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Ugh. That's me switching over to Sky Sports right on kick-off and possibly slightly after, just to avoid any risk of seeing him.

fergosaurus

Great coup by Sky, I thought he was very good for Bein Sports. Love him or hate him he's always box office.

dove

Nobody wants him, that’s why he’s out cheerleading on TV.
I think plenty of teams would want him but he is still waiting for a CL contender to offer him a job. However knowing his relationship with most of these clubs it's very unlikely to happen and his ego just won't allow to take over lesser clubs.

pascell

He's actually very insightful in his punditry, I'd rather watch him than Jamie Redknapp, Sounness and co.

I dont expect him to say anything negative about United or more Woodward, he'll still be under his hush hush clause in his settlement contract.

Untd55

Think some people really need to get over their hatred of Mourinho, it is a bit pathetic really. It is not like you know him personally.

He will be an interesting pundit.

Djemba-Djemba

Think he'll put on a real charm offensive to show his next club that he isn't the angry old man the media normally portrays him as.

Thing is, there are only a couple possible destinations left for him where he hasn't burned bridges. My money is on Tottenham after Poch leaves next summer for Spain. Jose has said he'd certainly consider managing in England again, he still lives in and loves London, and they're an exciting project. That's really the only PL club he has left.
I can't see Spurs going for him.

He seems a nightmare choice for Levy, Mourinho won't bring through any youth players and if they ever had a summer like last year when Spurs bought nobody Mourinho would have the biggest meltdown of his career.

I don't see him ever managing in England again unless he accepts he's not an elite manager anymore and settles for someone like Newcastle.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Will be fun when a team wins 7:1 and he starts insulting them as cowards for attacking too much.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Pogba MOTM incoming. No way the host will allow him to not give his opinion on it.

EDIT: Just realised he'll give McTominay the credit for covering him

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Huge pick up for Sky. Should be fun.

Pogba / United bashing is going to be unbearable because the other pundits will not call out Mourinho for his shit.

Do not think I will bother watching any of the analysis on that channel this season.

BT Sport should be more fun for us.

koop

Amazing pickup for Sky. Actually interests me to watch him on there.

On the other hand;

Man Utd loses, Mourinho: "I beat Man Utd plenty of times, RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT, THREE, THREE"

Halal Jalal

What a fall from grace... How can anyone take him seriously now? Not a single reputable club wants him, even his beloved Inter Milan chose Conte instead. Desperate for money, he becomes what he's always hated, a pundit.

Meanwhile PP continues to be the best midfielder in the world.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Ughh. He is very insightful and worth listening to but...... literally everything he says is analysed for hidden meanings, digs at somebody or throwing someone under a bus. Its not fair on him perhaps but I hate the nonsense circus of speculation that seems to accompany his every word.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
So glad I have IPTV and can watch NBC instead.
Ironically, NBC have actually partnered with Sky for this coming season. So you'll probably be seeing lots of Mourinho on NBC! :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He is probably waiting for a mid season high profile manager sacking.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
What's this New Season, New dreams bollocks they're promoting.

Honestly, I swear they never used to be this bad. Or perhaps I was young and didn't notice it as much.

re: Mourinho, he'll be interesting to listen to. Wonder how he'll analyze United games and whether or not there's any animosity there.

Treble

Will be interesitng to hear tactical comments from him regarding the top teams including those who play in a completely different manner to his, e.g. using high pressing, more possession etc. I'm sure he sees some downsides to these ways of playing and would be great if he shared his views.

OldTrevil

So happy not stuck watching football on Sky anymore, can't stand Neville, Carragher and now most especially Mourinho...
Same here. Glad I don't have to suffer Sky and those miserable cnuts. Funnily enough I am repulsed less by Carragher out of the bunch.

Redknapp and Souness must be bricking it. He'll massively show them up for the clueless idiots they are. We might not like him much here but hes one of the best managers the world has ever seen.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Ya don't like him?
Not at all. He's an aggressively cantankerous, miserable, odious arsehole. On some level I was honestly relieved when he left United because I thought it would give me a break from him, but here is, ready to darken our doors once more.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
To be fair, he's normally way more laid back and less combative and miserable when he's outside of football and not managing anyone. He's definitely more likeable when he's just casually talking about the game as opposed to being part of it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It may be seen as a coup and let’s be honest, he’s the best qualified pundit in terms of status. Let’s face it, he hasn’t a lot of competition. It’s a big plus for them.

On the flip side, his cred was severely damaged by his last season at Utd and everyone:fans,journos,broadcasters know it.This on top of his ignominious end at Chelsea. His man management skills were awful, tactics outdated and demeanour, one of a man who didn’t want or couldn’t manage at the top level.
I doubt if these will be questioned and any criticism of Chelsea or Utd viewed as sour grapes.

Good luck to him, I don’t harbour any animosity; only the one thing Jose probably fears most. Apathy.

WensleyMU

Exactly, one of the most successful managers of all time and in a very good age. If someone like Pep or Klopp decided to be a pundit right now, Jose wouldn't keep his mouth shut at how they chose an easy life. For the viewers if course it's a win to have a pundit like Jose.
Pep took a year off after a couple of years of management in the easiest job in football....

If Mourinho is having a break after 15 years, fine.

Old Ma Crow

An improvement on the usual gobshites. He should just buy the rights to Special One TV and have the show lampoon the game.

Lebowski

This is interesting - I wonder, has he got some sort of NDA to avoid giving away too much about the club? Are managers usually given a redundancy with terms of keeping their mouths shut?
Yes. All manager contracts of employment will contain NDAs and clauses to cover what they aren't allowed to disclose when they cease employment with their club.

Signing a gag order/ NDA is also very common for outgoing managers as part of their severance negotiation. Mourinho signed one last season when he was sacked and paid off. The duration is usually suitably broad to include "anything that may reasonably harm the interests of the employer" so can stay in effect for years.

I would anticipate we might get the same sort of thinly veiled digs that he was making last season- "my next club will have to have the structure to support the manager and be successful and ambitious", "you can't have a structure where the manager is not supported when he disciplines players as he ends up becoming the 'hated parent' etc etc.

Comments where it's fairly clear he's talking about United but he doesn't explicitly say it and risk breaching his contract.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
For those interested, he did a long interview with Sky Sports in his home town in Portugal.

Statements made:

- he never claimed to be the special one, but a special one.
-didnt feel enough appreciation when he won the Europa league and finishing second at United.
-believes that managers in this day and age have an easier access to become a manager in the Premier League.
-(and much more).

You can definitely see that the public persona of Mourinho is a different one when he is outside of the circus of football.