Jose Mourinho joins Sky Sports

arnie_ni

He was essentially saying it's because the midfielders don't track runners or get into proper positions, therefore Shaw gets dragged away and the centreback ends up having to cover. People just decided it was a pop at Shaw.
He didnt mention the wingers at all. He said with a smile that Maguire will have to learn he will have to cover for shaw alot this season.

There was no mention of rashford not following the fullback.

Denis79

I remember Souness going apeshit the other day about "low block" and other terms he deemed to be the lingo of charlatans. And now he's sitting next to a much better manager in Jose who keeps talking about the low block.
Haha yup! Souness is not arguing a single point he makes. Tbh Mourinho as a very good pundit, his analysis of the game is spot on. Glad he's gone from here but he' an excellent aquisition for Sky.

AJ10

Feck me, he really dislikes young players even though Chelsea's older players were meh today.

AJ10

Souness sits there listening to someone who has more knowledge, not even challenging anything :lol:

WensleyMU

Look, Mourinho is gone, he's yesterdays news. Move on people for feck sake.

This weird hate of him is just that, weird. It's not normal, sort yourself out you set of freaks.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
United win 4-0 and you decide to spend your time whining about a previous manager? I'd say you're a bundle of fun.
Well if sullydnl from internet doubts in me then it's time to ask myself some questions.

:lol: yeah he'd never proven it before.
Don't care about what he's done before united, still can't get over that sevilla shit he served both on and off the pitch.

Cloud7

Hearing him speak, I am very glad he's not our manager any more. He talks about "meritocracy", but his actual words and comments about Willian sounds like he means his "favourites". You can clearly hear he hates playing and growing young players.
Meritocracy for the finished one means players that are loyal to him no matter what, in our case that would be Lukaku and Matic.

Art Vandelay

He didnt mention the wingers at all. He said with a smile that Maguire will have to learn he will have to cover for shaw alot this season.

There was no mention of rashford not following the fullback.
Oh shit, he smiled?! The bastard!!

He went on to explain about midfielders not tracking. He didn't mention every player and every position, but if you want to get angry about everything he says you're going to be knackered every time he's on.

arnie_ni

Oh shit, he smiled?! The bastard!!

He went on to explain about midfielders not tracking. He didn't mention every player and every position, but if you want to get angry about everything he says you're going to be knackered every time he's on.
It was a sly dig and there was no call for it just. Caught me off guard when he said it.

The highlight he was using i thought was to highlight rashford not tracking back like nev had mentiones 5 times, but he put it on shaw.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He was essentially saying it's because the midfielders don't track runners or get into proper positions, therefore Shaw gets dragged away and the centreback ends up having to cover. People just decided it was a pop at Shaw.
I don't have SSN so was going by what the guy said.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Souness may as well not be there. He's being outclassed at every turn
Spot on. He had to think about everything he was going to say because he knows that Jose is far more knowledgeable and can get his points over really well.
It is good to see and hear from an expert instead of a twat.

Teja

That was class.
That was right after a good play by McTominay too if I remember correctly. I wonder if that's what lead to the chant or if it was just Utd fans winding up Chelsea fans.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Look, Mourinho is gone, he's yesterdays news. Move on people for feck sake.

This weird hate of him is just that, weird. It's not normal, sort yourself out you set of freaks.
Quite right. He is a human being and an extremely intelligent and successful one at that.
As the man said. Let's move on hey.

PeteManic

Jose will go wherever the money is and where he can keep the spotlight on him. He is eyeing up every top job in Europe, but really his time has passed. Who would want him?

LARulz

Mourinho taking the piss out of Carra's relationship with Rafa :lol:

Like him or not, I think because Mourinho is happy to dig it out, he'll be good.

SirAF

Ageist
That was right after a good play by McTominay too if I remember correctly. I wonder if that's what lead to the chant or if it was just Utd fans winding up Chelsea fans.
They spotted him in the Sky box was what I was thinking.

AJ10

Souness sitting there and wondering what the feck he's doing there :lol:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
How was chanting the name of the ex manager who was sacked by United winding up the Chelsea fans.

arnie_ni

He's been very good apart from the unnecessary dig. You can see how much he values organisation and smart/experienced players

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Jose will go wherever the money is and where he can keep the spotlight on him. He is eyeing up every top job in Europe, but really his time has passed. Who would want him?
It seems to me nobody wants him and that's why he is working for sky.

LJJT

So glad we won well today with this dick on sky. He would have killed us had we it won

AJ10

Asking Jose about a big club playing on the front foot. :lol:

bucky

Honestly why didn't he bring in a replacement, if he doesn't rate him at all? Doubt we would have blocked it, given Shaw's injury record. I think he tried to respect our traditions with developing young players, but if it isn't working for him, why persist. It's the same for right back, someone like Fabinho, when he was still playing that position, would have been a better fit than Dalot for him.

rooney2009

Very interesting listening to Jose
Talks a lot of sense
Could have listened to him all day

dove

Honestly why didn't he bring in a replacement, if he doesn't rate him at all? Doubt we would have blocked it, given Shaw's injury record. I think he tried to respect our traditions with developing young players, but if it isn't working for him, why persist. It's the same for right back, someone like Fabinho, when he was still playing that position, would have been a better fit than Dalot for him.
As pointed out in previous posts, it's taken out of context.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Watch the full segment.

Irwin99

Was reported that the club wanted him to develop Shaw and he said as much. I think it's clear he doesn't rate him that highly, or at least doubts his mentality.To be honest i'm not convinced either.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...says-he-has-been-forced-to-rebuild-man-united

Edit- what was the full context of the Maguire/Shaw quote?