Jose Mourinho joins Sky Sports

bucky

As pointed out in previous posts, it's taken out of context.
Watch the full segment.
Okay, will do.

Was reported that the club wanted him to develop Shaw and he said as much. I think it's clear he doesn't rate him that highly, or at least doubts his mentality.To be honest i'm not convinced either.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...says-he-has-been-forced-to-rebuild-man-united

Edit- what was the full context of the Maguire/Shaw quote?
I share that opinion as well.

Acole9

Outstanding
Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho.!

Jose Mourinho,.Jose Mourinho!.
Loved hearing that from the fans in the stadium, it's the keyboard warriors on here that don't like him. Too deluded to realise he was our best manager since SAF retired.

arthurka

Loved hearing that from the fans in the stadium, it's the keyboard warriors on here that don't like him. Too deluded to realise he was our best manager since SAF retired.
He was so sour and misserable it was hard to like him to be fair.

FujiVice

Mourinho treated the fans with respect and got it back in turn. The players? Not so much.

fps

Hearing him speak, I am very glad he's not our manager any more. He talks about "meritocracy", but his actual words and comments about Willian sounds like he means his "favourites". You can clearly hear he hates playing and growing young players.
He also unpromptedly start discussing knowing what you're going to do when your team loses the ball/ when you're most likely to lose the ball. That kind of caution always jarred a little.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He came across well. His cuntishness revolves completely around mind games. When he's out of the pressure zone he's a reasonable bloke and clearly very knowledgeable about the game.

hobbers

He was bang on about everything today, as you'd expect.

Of course the anti-pragmatists probably hated it.

fps

He came across well. His cuntishness revolves completely around mind games. When he's out of the pressure zone he's a reasonable bloke and clearly very knowledgeable about the game.
Very much so

Kostov

The guy has one of the most intelligent minds in football, I'm not surprised really.

Shiva87

Just saw a few clips on YouTube. Sounded fair and reasonable. Honest about his reasons for taking this job, and objective in his analysis.

Also, managed to slip in that the players need to believe that they can win the league- otherwise we have a problem. However, I think Ole has managed the squad expectations really well. He has been clear that we need to improve, and the target at United has to be to win trophies. He has told the media clearly that he doesn’t expect a quick fix/ title challenge, without getting everyone against him (which Jose failed to do).

I don’t think we can win the league this season, but 12 months is a long time. You never know how things can turn out, and I’m sure he is telling the team to take 1 game at a time. If we win next weekend, we need to focus again for the next game and so on. I won’t worry about the league position (top 4 or not) till much later this season, but I really want us to end the season with Ole still in charge. Fingers crossed.

Eddy_JukeZ

That's not saying much though.

Reiver

Got sick of listening to him when he was manager of Utd. Have even less desire to hear from him now.

LoneStar

Came off as insightful most of the time. Nothing over the top. I half expected him to abuse Pogba or some player, but he was very balanced with his opinions.

Also liked the part where he pointed out that it wasn't easy to judge whether Kante needed to start since they (pundits) know nothing what's happening behind the scenes.

Must have mentioned Willian like a 100 times though

UncleBob

Good to see you haven't completely misunderstood all of that then

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
That's...almost like a backhanded insult considering who he's up against.:lol:

fallengt

Some people just can't accept his cuntishness is part of his character.
You hate it when he's your manager but love it when he's not. Mourinho is full of himself sometimes but not like he'd ever become Liverpool or Leed' manager to feck with United or something.

The way I see it, football is like movie, a form of entertainment. For a good movie, You need the Good the Bad and the Ugly. Jose is the ugly ( in a good way ).
Football need these kind of characters, having yes men to smile in front of camera every week is boring if you ask me.

Anyway, this is the thread for Jose's punditry. Even if people don't like him as United's manager, no need to take everything personal. That's being my point I guess.

Last edited:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He talks sense. Souness would be better suited and understand more as a judge on Dancing on Ice, and the other two are just there to interview Jose.

Raven

Tyler saying Solskjaer was unimpressed by fitness level and Carragher asking "who's fault is that?" :lol: Carra is such a wum
Yeah, that was hilarious, you hear Tyler chuckle a little while after as well.

Raven

He's an excellent pundit, gives really good analysis, rather than the usual bluster.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Came off as insightful most of the time. Nothing over the top. I half expected him to abuse Pogba or some player, but he was very balanced with his opinions.

Also liked the part where he pointed out that it wasn't easy to judge whether Kante needed to start since they (pundits) know nothing what's happening behind the scenes.

Must have mentioned Willian like a 100 times though
In which video does he mention Willian? Cant find it.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Was excellent. Far better and less of a twat than expected. Hard to recognise from the snarling spiteful manchild he’d become at the end of his United tenure.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's wasted in a studio, he should be managing somewhere.