Jose Mourinho joins Sky Sports

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Half true. Mourinho actually wanted to keep both players, but both of them said they wanted to be a part of starting team. KDB was an easy guess because everytime he played you could see the potential, but Salah rise was surprising for everyone because he is now a different player from his Chelsea years. Salah benefited a lot from having Spalletti as a manager who is one of the few italian managers who plays attacking football and he knows how to make attacking players flourish.
There's a clip on YouTube where Jose was giving an interview and said that he wanted Salah to go asap as it would be "best" for all parties.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
When he’s not in full press conference shit-head mode it’s much easier to see the side of Mourinho that made him so popular with his players. As a pundit there’s a warmth and charm to him we almost never saw when he was United manager.
Always thought he came across as a decent guy outside of the managerial side of things. Not to make a direct comparison, but Fergie was a right ruthless fecker of a manager too yet always came across as a lovely guy outside the game. I guess it's the price you pay for being that good at it, it turns you into a difficult, obsessive, grumpy prick when not everything's going as planned.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For what it's worth, Neville's analysis was almost identical. It just that he used simpler terminology to explain the gaps being left by Rashford.

Jose was correct with his comment as well. But because he sounded a bit more hipster, you're going to get loads of posters proclaiming his to be God's gift to punditry.
Yeah, he was obviously spot on but it wasn't ground breaking, anyone that is football obsessed knew what he was talking about. Also Mourinho has always been described as a very nice and intelligent man and you can see it when he isn't in the eye of the storm.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One thing that was clear from his appearance, he has no time for young players.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, he was obviously spot on but it wasn't ground breaking, anyone that is football obsessed knew what he was talking about. Also Mourinho has always been described as a very nice and intelligent man and you can see it when he isn't in the eye of the storm.
Mourinho is a charming man, until the chips are down and the pressure is ramped up. Then he turns into an arrogant narcassist that is never to blame :)

No surprise he excels at first when the expectations are low, then it all falls to bits.

UncleBob

Even though it was the right decision to sack him, I still can't help but really like the guy and admire him. I thought he was excellent yesterday.
Bizarre.

As a pundit he's clever but as a manager he's a has-been. Extreme knowledge of the game, but his approach is too cautions for modern football.

Classical Mechanic

I have some knowledge about statistics and people just ignore the 'endogeneity' part in football.

People will often say "This side had more possession but they lost" It really grinds my gears, because most of the time the side has more possession because they are losing, not the other way around :lol:. It gets mentioned so much that I gave up on this fight.
Burnley have the 2nd lowest 5 year net spend in the PL and have succeeded using the approach you claim not longer works.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bizarre.

As a pundit he's clever but as a manager he's a has-been. Extreme knowledge of the game, but his approach is too cautions for modern football.
Why is it bizarre? All I said was I admire him and quite like him, and thought he was excellent yesterday. He's far better as a pundit than most.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Loved hearing that from the fans in the stadium, it's the keyboard warriors on here that don't like him. Too deluded to realise he was our best manager since SAF retired.
Couldn't agree more. Everyone is entitled to their own view.
But it was the total disrespect for one of the most successful managers the world has ever seen that I found distasteful.
He has achieved more in his life than all of these so called 'keyboard warriors' put together.
It didn't work out for him at United. I accept that and it was time for a change. I accept that as well.
But the disgusting language used against another human being was unacceptable.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Even though it was the right decision to sack him, I still can't help but really like the guy and admire him. I thought he was excellent yesterday.
Absolutely. Sky have played a real blinder in securing someone who for a change obviously understands the game of football and especially the tactics.
Well done to Sky.

UncleBob

Why is it bizarre? All I said was I admire him and quite like him, and thought he was excellent yesterday. He's far better as a pundit than most.
Not sure what there is to admire. He's turning into what he despises, a has-been manager that's trying to stay relevant.

I'd be surprised if he lasts long.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I was worried having him and Souness in the studio for a United game could have turned nasty, and maybe it would have done if we hadn't won 4-0, with Jose settling scores and being bitter about us. But actually I enjoyed his input yesterday. He and Neville both made good points.

SirAF

Ageist
Not sure what there is to admire. He's turning into what he despises, a has-been manager that's trying to stay relevant.

Man, you are so bitter :lol: Give it a rest.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Absolutely. Sky have played a real blinder in securing someone who for a change obviously understands the game of football and especially the tactics.
Well done to Sky.
Agreed.

I wouldn't say he is a has been yet. It didn't work out for him here, but I wouldn't go as far to call his a has-been. I'd certainly rather listen to someone like him who understands the game than Jamie Redknapp.

UncleBob

I wouldn't say he is a has been yet. It didn't work out for him here, but I wouldn't go as far to call his a has-been.
His last stint with Chelsea and his 2,5 seasons at United gives a pretty decent indication of someone in decline. The number of big clubs who changed manager and avoided Mourinho like the plague echoes that.

LVGWay

He hasn’t managed a game in 8 months yet he still has a 400+ post thread in a day on here. I’d say he’s pretty relevant

DoomSlayer

Interim Chelsea manager after Lampard gets the sack at Christmas, just watch this space.
Mourinho will get this current Chelsea team closer to relegation than Lampard ever will. He will play with Giroud, William and Pedro every game, never use any of the young players and probably pair Rudiger with Zouma in the back.

Pulisic will be the new Mkhitaryan, Hudson-Odoi will want to leave again and same goes for the like of Mount, James and so on.

R'hllor

He could be showing different side of him as a pundit but is that real or fake, after all he is in a job hunt and Sky providing him a platform for his PR. Sure he could be refreshed, no stress from being a manager, more relaxed etc. Not sure this JM we see in the studio is the same certain players love, bet its great if you are one of his guys but there are reports of him totally ghosting those who arent (if you believe in those or not, its different matter)

Thisistheone

Class watching him talk about football. Almost a waste of his time though. Like a Chess grandmaster turning up at a local club talking strategy. He seemed bored by the end.

LVGWay

Mourinho will get this current Chelsea team closer to relegation than Lampard ever will. He will play with Giroud, William and Pedro every game, never use any of the young players and probably pair Rudiger with Zouma in the back.

Pulisic will be the new Mkhitaryan, Hudson-Odoi will want to leave again and same goes for the like of Mount, James and so on.
You mean Mourinho will actually play with experienced, proven winners instead of failing kids?

UncleBob

He hasn’t managed a game in 8 months yet he still has a 400+ post thread in a day on here. I’d say he’s pretty relevant
Now I genuinely am surprised that Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus all ignored him. I mean, 400+ posts about him on RedCafe in less than 24 hours, who wouldn't want to hire him

LVGWay

Now I genuinely am surprised that Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus all ignored him. I mean, 400+ posts about him on RedCafe in less than 24 hours, who wouldn't want to hire him
That’s not the point. You said he’s trying to stay relevant, yet his thread has probably more posts in it than our actual manager in the last day, proving he is very relevant. The bitterness of Mourinho on here is mad, lives in the head of some United fans even after all this time. Probably bitter that their wives would rather sleep with Mourinho than them :lol:

UncleBob

But you called him a has-been. He still wins trophies, if he was a has-been then he wouldn't.
Has-been indicates he's past his best, no longer significant for the top clubs. 8 months after getting sacked he's stuck as a pundit for Skysports while the likes of Juventus, Inter and Real Madrid have all changed managers.

His main problem is what he represents these days, and the feeling that he's failed to understand and adapt to modern expectations. Which is why he's been happy to take the piss out of Klopp and Poch not winning much while they are still loved by fans and media, while he himself doesn't get the respect he deserves, completely missing the bigger picture and how both are ahead of him in the queue for any managerial position.