Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Eddy_JukeZ

He’s such a cock. I’ll say it for the rest of my life — he should’ve been sacked on the spot after his post-game comments for us against Sevilla
Woodward's failure to sack him then was spineless.

He should have never been allowed to set foot in OT after that disgraceful presser.

JPB

When asked if he had underestimated the opponent, his answer was "no, I overestimated my own players".

He surely is a special one.
That's hilarious though. :lol:

ExoduS

He is totally past it. At his prime was somehow a good manager but he is totally done in my opinion.

Neither we should have offered him a job nor he should have accepted it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And we have posters who really believe he would have won PL if he wasn't sacked :lol:

432JuanMata

13 PL titles ending his career on a high at an elite club vs on a rather sad downward spiral of being sacked by everyone
Yeah but this also shows when people use Ole vs Pep record as a way too credit him.

SAF when meeting Jose had the worst side we had probably under him and Chelsea where at there best. The art of top managing is the ability to build squads over and over again.
We never won the league 4 times in a row under SAF, just like Liverpool last year and City the year before all teams have a off season and needs refreshing that is where SAF was untouchable

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I gotta be honest, I love to see him sink further and further into irrelevance.

CloneMC16

Too bad for Roma fans that they have to deal with this fecker. His management style of throwing his players under the bus in public is awful. He's been finished since he left Madrid.

lex talionis

The possibility that Jose is tanking his own club to get himself sacked so that he can pick up a huge paycheck from Newcastle cannot be ruled out.

roonster09

Scout
He’s such a cock. I’ll say it for the rest of my life — he should’ve been sacked on the spot after his post-game comments for us against Sevilla
Exactly. Shame we kept him for few more months. That should have been his last day as ManUtd manager.

Ladron de redcafe

The hack is self destructing again, this time 2 months into a new job. I imagine that he saw the vacancy at Newcastle and can't help but try to do everything he can to get it.

InfiniteBoredom

He'd jump to Newcastle given the chance in a second.
The hack is self destructing again, this time 2 months into a new job. I imagine that he saw the vacancy at Newcastle and can't help but try to do everything he can to get it.
I think he wants it well enough, but not right now given the straight they are in. Probably will wait it out until the summer to see if they stay up, and that means he still need to keep Roma’s performance up.

He’s just not good anymore.

copen1945

Exactly. Shame we kept him for few more months. That should have been his last day as ManUtd manager.
His best chance to win the league with United was his second season. United weren't going to overtake City by that point. Only thing remaining was CL, and with the loss, I thought he was asking for a severance package on the spot. With each stopover, he has become more toxic. Mourinho at Newcastle might just torpedo their oil project.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah but this also shows when people use Ole vs Pep record as a way too credit him.

SAF when meeting Jose had the worst side we had probably under him and Chelsea where at there best. The art of top managing is the ability to build squads over and over again.
We never won the league 4 times in a row under SAF, just like Liverpool last year and City the year before all teams have a off season and needs refreshing that is where SAF was untouchable
I agree, and I think H2Hs are overrated anyway. But what does any of this have to do with Mourinho?!

roonster09

Scout
People are giving too much credit to Jose saying he is doing this intentionally. He is washed up and not good enough.

432JuanMata

I agree, and I think H2Hs are overrated anyway. But what does any of this have to do with Mourinho?!
I was making the point that the H2H means nothing when SAF built teams over and over again while Jose gets teams at there best then leaves them in a bad state instead of rebuilding the squad

Eriku

When asked if he had underestimated the opponent, his answer was "no, I overestimated my own players".

He surely is a special one.
Got a better handle on the Bodø Glimt squad’s capabilities than his own, huh? :lol:

Real Name

His honeymoons at clubs last shorter and shorter. Its October and he's already throwing the players under the bus.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Gave me a flashback to his time here. Classic Mourinho excuse.

sugar_kane

Ole’s head to head against managers:

Mourinho W2 D1 L2
Tuchel W2 D1 L2
Guardiola W4 D1 L3
Klopp W1 D3 L2
Lampard W3 D1 L1
Potter W5 D0 L0
Ancelotti W2 D2 L0
Nagelsmann W1 D0 L1

So yeah decent H2H stats but nothing spectacular
Spectacular, no but W18 D9 L11 is decent I'd say.

The Potter one skews it alot (mad that people want him as our manager) and Lampard shouldn't be in there but it's still W10 D8 L10 without which is even, and when you consider the list of managers isn't bad considering Ole is regularly called a fraud, hack, PE teacher etc. and it's often said he wouldn't get a job even at a Championship side were he to leave United.

Anyway back to Mou, disgusting quotes from him but nothing surprising.

What's hilarious is that wherever he goes next, he will be welcomed as the messiah. It even happened at Roma with the murals and superstar welcome, the guy is done as a manager but somehow his brand endures. I suppose that's just testament to how good he was for 4/5 years, the legend endures no matter how awful he becomes.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Ole’s head to head against managers:

Mourinho W2 D1 L2
Tuchel W2 D1 L2
Guardiola W4 D1 L3
Klopp W1 D3 L2
Lampard W3 D1 L1
Potter W5 D0 L0
Ancelotti W2 D2 L0
Nagelsmann W1 D0 L1

So yeah decent H2H stats but nothing spectacular
Why's Potter thrown in there? Because he's been mentioned as a potential successor by some?

saivet

Even though he slates the first 11, his 5 subs (who I assume are all starters) clearly didn't make an impact either.

HT: Bodoe/Glimt 2 - 1 Roma

Miki, Cristiante, and Shomurodov come on at HT.

52 mins: Bodoe/Glimt 3 - 1 Roma

60 mins: Abraham and Pellegrini come on

FT: Bodoe/Glimt 6 - 1 Roma

Relfy

And people on here were saying he would win us the league with our current squad. The man is finished and should just bow out into retirement before it gets too embarrassing and he tarnishes his achievements.

Oranges038

The meltdown has begun early.

Toxic cnut has probably seen all the money at Newcastle and wants some for himself.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Spectacular, no but W18 D9 L11 is decent I'd say.

The Potter one skews it alot (mad that people want him as our manager) and Lampard shouldn't be in there but it's still W10 D8 L10 without which is even, and when you consider the list of managers isn't bad considering Ole is regularly called a fraud, hack, PE teacher etc. and it's often said he wouldn't get a job even at a Championship side were he to leave United.
I agree, we’ve done pretty well in the big games under Ole so that’s never been a problem. Just need to take it up a notch and win the finals.

Why's Potter thrown in there? Because he's been mentioned as a potential successor by some?
I just took the managers with most discussion on the caf last few years.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I agree, we’ve done pretty well in the big games under Ole so that’s never been a problem. Just need to take it up a notch and win the finals.

Aargh yeah, makes sense, albeit Potter heavily skews that data.

Altogether though, we've done ok against the other top sides, but I assume there's a combination of them allowing us some space to play (not just sitting deep) and the players needing less motivation to go out and prove it in derbies or against the best sides/players out there. Not to detract from the management staff's input, of course.

InfiniteBoredom

Most of the wins came in his first 18 months in charge, the last 18 months have been rather abysmal. We took 11/30 pts from games against top 6 last season, and that doesn’t even include the 1/6pts against Arsenal.

Arteta has a long ass thread here, Ole is on 0 win out of 3, 1D2L against him.

GlasgowCeltic

Attempting to very slowly bankrupt footballs billionaires through his payoffs. A selfless man

IncyWincySpider

He seems to be structuring his career so that each spell at a new club resembles the Monorail episode of The Simpsons.

Someone

Something
He's his own worst enemy at this point. I don't understand what compels him to say stupid shit like that. That's what I hated the most about him, and that's what leads to his inevitable toxic end everywhere he manages. It's impossible to inspire loyalty if you continuously call out the players in public like that. It's the first rule of people management in any walk of life, Praise in public, criticize in private.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The truth is he also benefits from good press, eh really can't complain about that. Press saying Roma is impressive, but let's take a look:

SeasonManagerPosition on the tablePointsGoal Difference
2020/21Paulo Fonseca3rd1719 - 11
2021/22José Mourinho4th1616 - 9

So, Fonseca with much less transfer funding and having a less balanced squad, was actually making it a tiny better. And Mourinho is benefiting for Covid restrictions being much lower now.

dinostar77

Hes not been the same or really delivered results needed ever since rui faria left to try management for himself instead of being a no2. Some managers just arent the same when they split with their trusted no2 lieutenant.

He'd still do better with our current squad than Ole, but that says more about Ole than him.

Real Name

Hes not been the same or really delivered results needed ever since rui faria left to try management for himself instead of being a no2. Some managers just arent the same when they split with their trusted no2 lieutenant.

He'd still do better with our current squad than Ole, but that says more about Ole than him.
If he'd do better than we'd have won the league?