Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Coppa has better teams in it than the Conference League for a start. The Conference League is a Micky mouse tournament for crap teams.
Its still worthwhile to win. I don't think United fans should turn their nose up at a trophy that they'll most likely play in the near future.

For Roma, the fans, they want this trophy. As they should.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Because he’s being asked? Not like he’s putting out a press release.
Is he though? You sure he just doesn’t mention us in every conversation he has? Obsessed with us, I doubt there asking him questions about us when he’s about to play a final.

SirAF

Ageist
Is he though? You sure he just doesn’t mention us in every conversation he has? Obsessed with us, I doubt there asking him questions about us when he’s about to play a final.
Yes, they are. Joe Cole literally brings up the topic of United to him in the clip that was posted on the previous page.

Lay

He literally gets asked this. Even in a press conference recently he asked them to stop asking him about United.

SirAF

Ageist
He literally gets asked this. Even in a press conference recently he asked them to stop asking him about United.

Kaushal

Why’s mourinho still talking crap about us.. you’ve got to move on mate. Focus on Roma.. not our fault you didn’t make it with your crap tactics.
Stop talking about him, you are obsessed with him. Nobody asked you.

Am I doing it right ?

Jericho

The Coppa has better teams in it than the Conference League for a start. The Conference League is a Micky mouse tournament for crap teams.
It's for best of the rest who haven't qualified for Europa or CL. Not everyone can qualify for CL.

HookedOnAPhelan

It's for best of the rest who haven't qualified for Europa or CL. Not everyone can qualify for CL.
.. and not everyone can qualify for EL...

When UEFA make an even shittier tournament than Conference League in a few years then Mourinho will probably have fallen enough to be competing for that too. And then he and his acolytes will be talking about how it's better to win that shitty tournament than nothing.

Well, no, not really. Winning a shitty tournament means nothing. Not when you're Manchester United (or Roma).

MalaysianRed7

Laughing at it while we get knocked out of cups by mk dons and middlesbrough, and bottle european tournaments we should be winning comfortably, is a bit out of touch. Mourinho, like other top managers, doesnt end up in finals by accident and its no coincidence that we had 3 finals under him, winning 2 and losing 1. He got spurs to a final. Now Roma. For all the talk of being a busted flush, he continues to end up in finals.
A finished Jose Mourinho has got into a final in 5 of his last full seasons in charge of a club, from Chelsea to Roma. Finished indeed.

Good to see that he still recognises the support most of us gave him too.

SirAF

Ageist
A finished Jose Mourinho has got into a final in 5 of his last full seasons in charge of a club, from Chelsea to Roma. Finished indeed.

Good to see that he still recognises the support most of us gave him too.

Ignore the caption, the picture is the point here

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Well, no, not really. Winning a shitty tournament means nothing. Not when you're Manchester United (or Roma).
Tell me about european titles Roma has :lol:
Also United has been unable to even win the Europa League, sure the Conference is a smaller trophy but you have to be humble and build up. Trophies won't rain just because you happened to won them 10-20-30 years ago.

Lay

.. and not everyone can qualify for EL...

When UEFA make an even shittier tournament than Conference League in a few years then Mourinho will probably have fallen enough to be competing for that too. And then he and his acolytes will be talking about how it's better to win that shitty tournament than nothing.

Utter nonsense

HookedOnAPhelan

Tell me about european titles Roma has :lol:
Also United has been unable to even win the Europa League, sure the Conference is a smaller trophy but you have to be humble and build up. Trophies won't rain just because you happened to won them 10-20-30 years ago.
Winning the Europa League has zero significance to us beyond the CL spot it offers - no matter what some of our fans (who coincidentally seem to love Mourinho) seem to think.

Feck "humility". The Europa League/Conference is beneath us. Barca, Real or Bayern would never celebrate winning either of those shitty tournaments. Neither should we.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Winning the Europa League has zero significance to us beyond the CL spot it offers - no matter what some of our fans (who coincidentally seem to love Mourinho) seem to think.

Feck "humility". The Europa League/Conference is beneath us. Barca, Real or Bayern would never celebrate winning either of those shitty tournaments. Neither should we.
We finished 6th. Europa league is exactly were we belong next season and I will of course be delighted if somehow they win it too. It would be a fantastic 1st season for the new manager

Lay

I believe they would. Look at the fuss Barcelona caused when they were eliminated by Frankfurt for fecks sake.

United are in no position to have elitism.

RedDevil@84

Bollocks!! We play any competition to win it. You don''t become a winner by throwing away tournaments that you are participating in. Winning is a habit. It doesn't matter, what mickey mouse cup it is.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto

That's a pretty arrogant view imho, SuperLeague-esque.
You have the right to nothing, no matter how much you won, you always have to work for everything.
Any of those clubs can fall from grace just like it happened to many others in the past. Those tournaments by then would be an amazing achievement if they win it.

Lay

Then I would say you are part of the problem.
Yeah let’s not celebrate winning a trophy because it’s such a problem if we do. fecking hell, at this rate we might as well stuff all the cups in the bin and just have a super league.. oh wait.

Irwin99

Bollocks!! We play any competition to win it. You don''t become a winner by throwing away tournaments that you are participating in. Winning is a habit. It doesn't matter, what mickey mouse cup it is.
Agree with that. Even Sir Alex started taking the League cup a bit more seriously in the second half of his career, especially with the emergence of Chelsea. He even said as much when we won it in 2006.

A trophy is a trophy...and we haven't won one since 2017 :(

HookedOnAPhelan

Yeah let’s not celebrate winning a trophy because it’s such a problem if we do. fecking hell, at this rate we might as well stuff all the cups in the bin and just have a super league.. oh wait.
We should enter into fecking Dana Cup this summer by that logic. "Hey, it's a trophy, would you rather win it or not?!" Well, I'd rather not, actually. Because hopefully that would mean we wouldn't suffer the indignity of competing for it.

Lay

We should enter into fecking Dana Cup this summer by that logic. "Hey, it's a trophy, would you rather win it or not?!" Well, I'd rather not, actually. Because hopefully that would mean we wouldn't suffer the indignity of competing for it.
Mate, that's a ridiculous logic. You're showing elitism when the club you support had to rely on Brighton to ensure United weren't in the Conference league. So, what only 2 cups matter to you? Everything else is joyless?

HookedOnAPhelan

Mate, that's a ridiculous logic. You're showing elitism when the club you support had to rely on Brighton to ensure United weren't in the Conference league. So, what only 2 cups matter to you? Everything else is joyless?
The PL, CL, FA-cup and the League Cup - in that order - matter to me. Everything else is shit, yes.

I frankly find the idea of United fans celebrating the Europa/Conference League (except when we are reliant on winning the EL for qualifying for the CL the following season) embarrassing.

SirAF

Ageist
The PL, CL, FA-cup and the League Cup - in that order - matter to me. Everything else is shit, yes.

I frankly find the idea of United fans celebrating the Europa/Conference League (except when we are reliant on winning the EL for qualifying for the CL the following season) embarrassing.
Going to be a long time until you can celebrate then.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

Were you embarrassed in 91 too?

Lay

So what should we do? Not turn up to the game, not watch it, expect the players to not receive their medals and just trudge off the pitch? I assume the Cup Winners Cup meant feck all to Fergie.

This is about Roma anyway, look at how their fans are so excited for it, how much it means to them. I presume if you have kids, and they win some under 9's tournament you scold them for celebrating because its not the FA Youth cup :lol:

HookedOnAPhelan

Were you embarrassed in 91 too?
I was like 5 years old at the time, but as I understand it the old Cup Winners' Cup had much more prestige associated with it than the current Europa League (and at the time only the league winners participated in the European Cup, which means a lot of top teams were in the CWC/UEFA Cup). And the financial/quality differences around Europe were much smaller. So it was a very different time in history.

HookedOnAPhelan

So what should we do? Not turn up to the game, not watch it, expect the players to not receive their medals and just trudge off the pitch? I assume the Cup Winners Cup meant feck all to Fergie.

This is about Roma anyway, look at how their fans are so excited for it, how much it means to them. I presume if you have kids, and they win some under 9's tournament you scold them for celebrating because its not the FA Youth cup :lol:
Celebrate winning the Conference all you want. I won't be.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

This is the exact ignorance on why the super league is a bullshit idea. The idea that United or any other club belongs among the elite because of their name is quite frankly bullshit.

The truth is only two English clubs have won it since it’s inception and Chelsea needed a miracle goal to win.

The Europa league is difficult competition to win.

If your in that competition it is because you are a Europa league club so it is not beneath you….it is you.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

The Europe’s league is the third biggest competition a English club can win. It hold a lot more weight then a FA Cup.

United is not an elite club atm stop acting like one. You gotta earn that.

HookedOnAPhelan

This is the exact ignorance on why the super league is a bullshit idea. The idea that United or any other club belongs among the elite because of their name is quite frankly bullshit.

The truth is only two English clubs have won it since it’s inception and Chelsea needed a miracle goal to win.

The Europa league is difficult competition to win.

If your in that competition it is because you are a Europa league club so it is not beneath you….it is you.
I've never said that. And I hate the idea of the super league.

If other people want to celebrate winning the Europa/Conference then go ahead, I can't stop you. But I won't be. And in the meantime City and Liverpool will be celebrating winning Premier Leagues and Champions Leagues. But if you're comfortable with that so long as we win a Europa/Conference then good for you.

HookedOnAPhelan

The Europe’s league is the third biggest competition a English club can win. It hold a lot more weight then a FA Cup.

United is not an elite club atm stop acting like one. You gotta earn that.
United is not an elite club right now, you're right, but it should be. It needs to be. And anything less is unacceptable. That's my view.

I'd rather win an FA cup than an EL by the way. Without question.

Edit: last post of the day.

MalaysianRed7

Ignore the caption, the picture is the point here
We were truly his dream job and always have been, and he’s clearly always taken a liking for us too, hence him being my favourite United manager in my lifetime bar Fergie, albeit I hope Erik can take 2nd place in good time (don’t think he’ll ever go top, but no one ever will).

Shame it didn’t work out, although it speaks volumes about the man that winning 2.5 trophies in a single season still qualifies as ‘didn’t work out’.