Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Trex

Kudos to José, he clearly knows how to win tittles anyway possible.
Spurs are wankers for sacking him before that final.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Imagine the Mourinho at Chelsea seeing what he's turned into - crying at winning a made up Europa trophy for teams that can't reach the main competitions :lol:

He'd have been disgusted with himself.
That ship sailed a long time ago. When he was holding up 3 fingers to indicate the treble of trophies (League cup, charity shield and the EL) won at United, I knew the old Mourinho was gone.

I think he knows where his career is now and he seems to be at peace with it.

HookedOnAPhelan

Kudos to José, he clearly knows how to win tittles anyway possible.
Yeah impressive getting past the likes of Vitesse, Zorya, Bodø/Glimt and Feyenoord after spending over €100m at one of the biggest clubs in Italy.

They did beat Leicester though, to be fair.

Trex

Yeah impressive getting past the likes of Vitesse, Zorya, Bodø/Glimt and Feyenoord after spending over €100m at one of the biggest clubs in Italy.

They did beat Leicester though, to be fair.
Yeah no need to get defensive, I'm just giving the man his dues for winning a title not like I want him back here.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This trophy doesn’t count, it isn’t an «European title», it’s a cup created to give some minnows from Norway, Bulgaria and Albania some sort of international fun and income. Him celebrating like it’s 2010 and it being «legacy» is just very sad for him; after an otherwise disasterous season with Roma where they failed in the league and failed in the Europa League - which indeed is a European title to brag about for a club such as Roma.
How did he fail in a competition he wasn’t even in? :lol:

Lay

Did the Roma fans line up the streets for winning the Europa Conference League? :lol:
they’ve never won a cup in Europe. Haven’t won a cup in 14 years. What do you expect them to do? Sit at home and give a thumbs up to the tv?

Not everything is about the major titles. You can find joy in other tournaments. Do you think league champions of lesser leagues think nah.. feck celebrating this :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The rise and fall for Mourinho..

Porto2002-03Uefa Cup
Porto2003-04Champions League
Inter Milan2009-10Champions League
Manchester United2016-17Europa League
Roma2021-22Europa Conference League
Only thing with that is not like he guided Man. United and Roma into those respective competitions, he inherited those situations, gave the competitions the respect they deserved and won both.

Better guide though would be looking at his average finishing position in leagues over last decade and that's declined even if he hasn't been in charge of clubs expected to finish 1st or 2nd.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
After saying all that does feel inevitable though he'll be Newcastle manager in next 2-3 seasons.

Actually might be a good fit given where they're coming from and his respect for Sir Bobby so their fans would lap that up and be fully behind him even if the football is mediocre.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Yeah no need to get defensive, I'm just giving the man his dues for winning a title not like I want him back here.
That is the type of comment of someone who understands football.
I expected some typically negative posts about our most successful manager since Sir Alex.
And third rate as the Europa Conference League is, it is still a major European competition win for him and Roma.
Unfortunately for Manchester United fans at the moment, beggars can't be choosers.
He has again won something and we haven't.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
In the last pages this thread looks like that meme with a "chad" and an angry person crying.

Chad (roma fan):
"We won our first european trophy, thanks Jose"

Angry crying person (some people in this thread):
"NOOO!!! You cannot celebrate!! This is a minor trophy!! Stop celebrating, Jose is a fraud!!!"

Giggsy13

Jose is a legend and it’s all coming to light now that he was right about how shite we were being run and the players having too much power. The real divisive force was always Woodward and the glazers, who meddled in football decisions that they should’ve had no part in. Well done to him winning another European trophy.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Let's not forget Josè Mourinho has been the best Manchester United manager in the post-SAF era:
(Column: GP W D L GF GA % WIN)

Under him alone , Manchester United won more trophies (3) than under all the other managers combined (2)
Ralf Rangnick has been, by far, the worst manager

Lay

In the last pages this thread looks like that meme with a "chad" and an angry person crying.

Chad (roma fan):
"We won our first european trophy, thanks Jose"

Angry crying person (some people in this thread):
"NOOO!!! You cannot celebrate!! This is a minor trophy!! Stop celebrating, Jose is a fraud!!!"
pretty much. How dare clubs celebrate winning trophies! The cool kids go 4 years without a trophy

Giggsy13

From all the behind the scenes stories that came out at the time, it was pretty clear Mourinho had given up. He behaved horribly on the pre season tour in America. He threw a tantrum in a hotel lobby at like 2am when he was told by Woodward he wasn't going to get a centre back. Disrespected the young lads we took. The mood was just absolutely toxic around the club.
The fact people are still mad at Jose despite this happening over a decade is mind boggling. A fecking banker decided we didn’t need a CB but then bought the same CB next season for a world record fee. I’d be mad too if a person who had no experience working in my field told me what I should be doing or what I don’t need.

We all witnessed the destructive end of the Woodward era this season. All of the leaks after Jose was sacked over a toxic atmosphere were being made by Woodward and his cronies. They were great at setting the narrative and blaming everyone else but themselves much like our players. The toxic atmosphere was just our spoiled players who couldn’t handle the criticisms of a serial winner. Jose was right and I guess that bothers people who have an agenda against him and can’t admit being wrong.

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
After saying all that does feel inevitable though he'll be Newcastle manager in next 2-3 seasons.

Actually might be a good fit given where they're coming from and his respect for Sir Bobby so their fans would lap that up and be fully behind him even if the football is mediocre.
I don't think that's the case, I think Newcastle chose Howe as he's an attacking manager suitable for the level Newcastle are at. They got the guy from Brighton to oversee the footballing direction, I think they are more likely to go for Poch or someone who isn't very making the team simply hard to beat.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
pretty much. How dare clubs celebrate winning trophies! The cool kids go 4 years without a trophy
The cool kids go 9 years without trophy because cool kids only count Champions league and top 3 national leagues (Pl, Seria A and La liga) as trophies.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The fact people are still mad at Jose despite this happening over a decade is mind boggling. A fecking banker decided we didn’t need a CB but then bought the same CB next season for a world record fee. I’d be mad too if a person who had no experience working in my field told me what I should be doing or what I don’t need.

We all witnessed the destructive end of the Woodward era this season. All of the leaks after Jose was sacked over a toxic atmosphere were being made by Woodward and his cronies. They were great at setting the narrative and blaming everyone else but themselves much like our players. The toxic atmosphere was just our spoiled players who couldn’t handle the criticisms of a serial winner. Jose was right and I guess that bothers people who have an agenda against him and can’t admit being wrong.
Absolutely correct.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Now toxic dressing room is fake and story planted by Woodward :lol:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I mean… this is the football for the people, right? Surely, more than Al Khelaifi & Mbappe announcing his “not for the money” renewal with PSG, and Ceferin nodding accordingly. Right?

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

Absolutely correct.

Was Matic, Pogba, Lukaku, Bailly, Dalot, Mkhitaryan and Sanchez all Woodwards fault or did it have something to do with Mourinhos out of date way to build a team?According to Mourinho, Dalot was supposed to be the new United right back for the next 10-15 years. Matic and Lukaku were his two examples of his football heritage - as players with a different know-how. And he did want to add the likes of Dier and Maguire to the squad.

Don´t get me wrong. He was a football man fighting for the integrity of the manager role and I like him, but he was never a good recruitment for the United job.

Last edited:

anant

Definitely. Have Howe make the push up the table to the top 7/8 then bring in Mourinho for a CL/trophy push when the sponsorships are all in to make a big splurge.
Think they'll go for Poch instead. I get that he won Conference League, but I really dont think teams hoping to win the league or be among the title challengers will go for him after how it ended at Utd, Chelsea and Spurs

el3mel

This trophy doesn’t count, it isn’t an «European title», it’s a cup created to give some minnows from Norway, Bulgaria and Albania some sort of international fun and income. Him celebrating like it’s 2010 and it being «legacy» is just very sad for him; after an otherwise disasterous season with Roma where they failed in the league and failed in the Europa League - which indeed is a European title to brag about for a club such as Roma.
Roma fans happy and celebrating that trophy since yesterday.

Someone on internet who supports a different club and has no business with it at all : "this trophy doesn't count".

UncleBob

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He is making us a bit bigger than we are. It would've been a massive upset had he lost yesterday.

We bought our best midfielder for 400.000 euro's for feck sake. We're not exactly Sacchi's Milan.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is that the same Chelsea that won the Premier League...... with José. On 3 occasions?
He also wasn't a problem in dressing room in the first spell. He was well loved and players were heartbroken when he was sacked. It was solely down to his beef with Abramovich.

CarbonStoolBites

Good for Jose.

We haven’t won anything since he left, and although the “football heritage” speech was unnecessary, I don’t see why he deserves so much hate to this day.
At the end of the day he was wrong about some things but correct about most.

I would be happy if we managed to win the Europa League next season, felt a bit underwhelming when we won it in 2017 (although watching Fellaini absolutely bullying the Ajax midfielders was hysterical, it looked like he was playing against 13 year olds, absolutely destroyed them), after winning nothing for 5 years and our worst season in decades, it would feel different, I’m sure.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Is that the same Chelsea that won the Premier League...... with José. On 3 occasions?
Ok he won titles but what does have to do with anything I said? It's well known he's a toxic person and when he left Chelsea they were near the relegation zone. He had managed to fall out with not only the players but also the team doctor.

The club was toxic when Jose left. It isn't some lie made up by Woodward ffs. :lol: Ole was so good as interim manager because he lifted the mood around the club.

macheda14

Knowing what we know now. Should Jose have been given Maguire?

el3mel

Ok he won titles but what does have to do with anything I said? It's well known he's a toxic person and when he left Chelsea they were near the relegation zone. He had managed to fall out with not only the players but also the team doctor.

The club was toxic when Jose left. It isn't some lie made up by Woodward ffs. :lol: Ole was so good as interim manager because he lifted the mood around the club.
And 3 years later the club became toxic again under Ole, and it was toxic throughout the whole Ralf's reign. Has to be something to do with Man United when every manager has his reign ending with such toxicity.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The Coppa has better teams in it than the Conference League for a start. The Conference League is a Micky mouse tournament for crap teams.
That is granted, special from the 1/4 finals. But in terms of money, being a finalist in Conference League is better than winning Coppa. And it's also more profitable than the FA Cup, if you bare in mind the prize money.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
And 3 years later the club became toxic again under Ole, and it was toxic throughout the whole Ralf's reign. Has to be something to do with Man United when every manager has his reign ending with such toxicity.
Not how it was under Mourinho. Look at how Ole left compared to Mourinho. Many people at the club were sad to see him go, most of the Carrington staff were happy to see the back of Mourinho.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not how it was under Mourinho. Look at how Ole left compared to Mourinho. Many people at the club were sad to see him go, most of the Carrington staff were happy to see the back of Mourinho.
Ole had enormous good will, despite his lack of ability. Jose did himself no favours by perpetually distancing himself from anything that went wrong. That being said, the dressing room Ole left wasn't any better and he was the one who went on about his culture project and bringing in fantastic human beings. Turns out, it went to absolute shite.