Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ole had enormous good will, despite his lack of ability. Jose did himself no favours by perpetually distancing himself from anything that went wrong. That being said, the dressing room Ole left wasn't any better and he was the one who went on about his culture project and bringing in fantastic human beings. Turns out, it went to absolute shite.
I don't disagree with that mate.

el3mel

Not how it was under Mourinho. Look at how Ole left compared to Mourinho. Many people at the club were sad to see him go, most of the Carrington staff were happy to see the back of Mourinho.
Yeah it was actually worse.

Ole was just a club legend from his years as a player so of course he'll be loved around the club more than foreigners regardless of football results but the entire atmosphere around the club and the team was toxic as feck. Players gave no crap about him by the end of his tenure, were jogging on the pitch not caring to put any efforts for him or for the club even in big games.

Something like that, guess what, didn't actually happen under Mourinho. In his 3rd season we still had the players trying to play for the shirt and pulled out several comebacks in big matches even when the club was under tension, Newcastle, Chelsea, Juventus games..etc.

But by the end of Ole's reign the players didn't give a shit about the entire thing and were fine getting humiliated by Liverpool and City at Old Trafford without even trying to fight or pull something out.

So yeah, it was far worse. Ole just got a free pass by the club and the insiders because, as I said, he had an old legacy as a player at the club unlike Mourinho or Ralf so he'll be always be more loved than them around. Doesn't change anything from the fact that the last few months of his tenure then the rest of the season under Ralf the club was toxicity personified.

Giggsy13

Every time I see this clip, blood boils. He should’ve been sacked there and then on the spot. Edit: I was actually thinking of the one straight after Sevilla one which was worse. He’s still a bellend in this one mind
The truth never sits well. United have been failures in the champions league (the odd time we’ve made it in) for over a decade.

GlasgowCeltic

Ole had enormous good will, despite his lack of ability. Jose did himself no favours by perpetually distancing himself from anything that went wrong. That being said, the dressing room Ole left wasn't any better and he was the one who went on about his culture project and bringing in fantastic human beings. Turns out, it went to absolute shite.
Jose was a toxic manager, Ole left a toxic dressing room

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
But a winner with proven pedigree.
Winner who didn't win CL in 12 years, league title in 7 years and first trophy in 6 years. Great winner. If he is winner, then not sure how to describe managers like Pep, Zidane.

Jose was a winner, he isn't now (whatever that means).

There is a reason he is managing Roma, not any big clubs.

He'sRaldo

After arguing for almost 5 years, has anyone ever successfully changed someone's mind about Mourinho?

iamking

Mourinho, was a great manager no doubt, but he is a dinosaur today's game. I watched the game yesterday, it was typical Mourinho camp the the double-decker after nicking a goal kinda win against the mighty Feyenoord. Freaking Joke. I dont ever want that for us. Lot of people using the "Ole-Stick" to hail Mourinho must understand that both the managers were terrible for us. Treating Ole better or not, keeping Ole wrongly in the job longer (thanks to his legend mates and stupid board) had nothing to do with firing Mourinho. Ole was our man, he tried and he failed.

Mourinho got fired for the right reasons. Terrible Under Dog Shit on stick Football, Terrible transfers - trumpeted for purchasing the "defending Legend" Maguire, after buying multiple failed defenders, pitched for Toby Old-erwerald, Wanted to retain FELLAINI (the guy has played for Std Leige, Everton and Shandong Luneng all his career)... None of his buys were exciting. He would play the likes of Eden Hazard in defense for Chelsea. He is an yesterday's Man. An ego-beech, who blamed everybody but himself. Never the right guy for a team like ours. That Sevilla Interview was the last straw.

Ole was not better than Mourinho doesn't mean Mourinho was good for us. Stop bringing up his one-off cup wins to justify keeping him. He could have won us few more cups (false dawns). Much like Ole, He was never going to take us where we belong. Firing him and Hiring Ole as a sub was the best thing to have happened to us, despite this season. That's how bad Mourinho was. I am sure even Chelsea fans won't go back for him today, and he was a legend for them.

Reactions: roonster09

Suedesi

I dislike Mou's period at United, and I never thought he was a great fit for us.

However, he did try and won us a few trophies and has been proven right in some of his squad assessments.

He's moved on and good luck to him as long he doesn't face United.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
I truly don't understand why he doesn't try International football (Portugal and Italy would welcome him with open arms). He's old enough and utterly done as club manager unless he moves to PSG.

MalaysianRed7

Bit harsh to say he failed in the Europa League considering they didn’t compete in it.
Really weird post all around, they won a European Trophy, we’ve won nothing for five years, let them enjoy it.
The way he structured his post, you just know he thinks at the very least that teams from the top 5 leagues can only enter the ECL if they come 3rd in their EL group. Funnily enough, Mourinho didn’t fail in Serie A either - they finished one place higher than last season and were under no threat of returning to the ECL again if they lost yesterday.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Everytime I see this thread I'm reminded of yesterday. It makes me sad. I hope Mou steps on a whole bunch of lego's while going for a piss tonight.

MattyLT

3 actually, but yes, it's bizarre. Kind of reminds me of the cult surrounding Trump, where people love and support him despite him behaving like a brazen, bullying, narcissistic dickhead who clearly couldn't give two shits about them.
Yeah? Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
I'm sick of people bigging up our Europa League final last season. We were too shit to make the knockout stages of the CL and we got bumped down to this competition! And then turned out to be too shit to beat fecking Villarreal over a 120 minutes.
So what if United reached a final last season?nobody remembers 2nd places.
I can’t even remember who got 2nd place last WC.
(I don’t know whether you both understood the comment I was responding to or just felt triggered by my comment and hit reply without reading.)

So, let’s say I agree with your point, in conclusion, does it mean United is absolute shit in Europe?

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
We reached a Europe League final, after getting KOed from CL group stage. That's like the bare minimum I will expect from a CL team getting embarrassingly dropping to the 2nd tier competition.

We are shit in Europe indeed. Ever since our last final in CL in 2011 we have nothing worthy to be noted in Europe bar winning Europe League once. We haven't even reached CL semi final since then and the best result was QF twice. We have become a 2nd tier team happy to reach Europe League final despite losing it, says it all I guess. A club of our statue and money invested in it and it couldn't even win EL more than once during this period despite dropping in it several times. Meanwhile Seville have won it 4 times during that period.

I don't want Mourinho back and he deserved to get sacked but this press conference is overhated and he only said the brutal truth in it (and still, he didn't say the club sucks, just that the current lot has been awful last few years in comparison to other competitors). Getting annoyed by it is more of being delusional rather than anything.
Do you know how many European trophies we won during SAF’s almost three decade long tenure managing United, with massive investments? Would you say, Fergie was absolute shit in Europe?

So, that’s the only issue I have with your previous comment. I’m not saying we’re a great European side, as we are not by any measure. But no argument can convince me that Mourinho’s post-match vs Sevilla comment wasn’t highly disrespectful towards United. I would expect every United fan to be just as outraged if the comment had come from an opposing manager, so it’s even worse coming from ours.

el3mel

Do you know how many European trophies we won during SAF’s almost three decade long tenure managing United, with massive investments? Would you say, Fergie was absolute shit in Europe?

So, that’s the only issue I have with your previous comment. I’m not saying we’re a great European side, as we are not by any measure. But no argument can convince me that Mourinho’s post-match vs Sevilla comment wasn’t highly disrespectful towards United. I would expect every United fan to be just as outraged if the comment had come from an opposing manager, so it’s even worse coming from ours.
Man United being underwhelming in Europe has been a point of discussion for a long time even under SAF. A lot of people to this day still criticize Fergie for his overall European records and only winning it twice in that long time at United.

However, at least with Ferguson, whenever he had a good team, he had United reaching advanced stages in CL like QF or even SFs..etc. We weren't winning it that much but we were still a respected team in CL by the other big guns.

Since 2011 we have godawful all around. In 12 years our best achievement in CL was reaching CL QF twice (one was by defeating Olympiacos). Won EL once and failed to do so in 3 other attempts even though we were heavily favorite and by far the side with the most investment in its squad in two out of those 3 attempts (under Ole). We're so bad that some like you are treating reaching EL final and losing it to a team who never won a trophy before in their entire history something worthy to be mentioned.

So yeah, this press conference is now more relevant than it was back then. We have become far worse even more than what we used to be back then.

The interview isn't disrespectful to anyone. He's saying the team he inherited has been godawful in Europe for a long time which is true. He didn't talk about the club's entire history in CL, just the previous several years before 2018. Was he deflecting the blame from himself ? Yes, you can say that, but disrespectful ? If you're disrespected by something everyone know it's quite true and has been discussed to death by the fans already then it's really you and others' problem.

I prefer hearing honesty and truth than all this "biggest club in the world" nonsense propaganda I keep hearing in the interviews of every player signing for us even though everyone know we're sure as hell not "the biggest club in the world".

AshRK

Man United being underwhelming in Europe has been a point of discussion for a long time even under SAF. A lot of people to this day still criticize Fergie for his overall European records and only winning it twice in that long time at United.

However, at least with Ferguson, whenever he had a good team, he had United reaching advanced stages in CL like QF or even SFs..etc. We weren't winning it that much but we were still a respected team in CL by the other big guns.

Since 2011 we have godawful all around. In 12 years our best achievement in CL was reaching CL QF twice (one was by defeating Olympiacos). Won EL once and failed to do so in 3 other attempts even though we were heavily favorite and by far the side with the most investment in its squad in two out of those 3 attempts (under Ole). We're so bad that some like you are treating reaching EL final and losing it to a team who never won a trophy before in their entire history something worthy to be mentioned.

So yeah, this press conference is now more relevant than it was back then. We have become far worse even more than what we used to be back then.

The interview isn't disrespectful to anyone. He's saying the team he inherited has been godawful in Europe for a long time which is true. He didn't talk about the club's entire history in CL, just the previous several years before 2018. Was he deflecting the blame from himself ? Yes, you can say that, but disrespectful ? If you're disrespected by something everyone know it's quite true and has been discussed to death by the fans already then it's really you and others' problem.

I prefer hearing honesty and truth than all this "biggest club in the world" nonsense propaganda I keep hearing in the interviews of every player signing for us even though everyone know we're sure as hell not "the biggest club in the world".
There is a difference between honesty and deflecting the blame. He was mostly deflecting the blame. The whole presser came across of a person who became insecure of his position. He even mentioned defeating United with his Porto side, how was that relevant. It's not like anyone came to him and said why didn't you win the CL.

Also, he didn't lose to Real Madrid or Barca or Bayern. He lost to a sevilla side where he set us up like an inferior side. As I said all in all the whole presser of an individual who was very insecure.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Say what you want about Mourinho but he still knows how to win you titles. Maybe not the biggest titles - but it’s still silverware.

Something that Spurs also could’ve had now - if they werent so utterly stupid. Because they had their chances lately:lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

It's actually insane how he still has United fans supporting him.

There's now people defending his post-match presser against Sevilla.

It was an utter disgrace. He disconnected himself from the club. Praised himself how also succeeded vs United's failing heritage in Europe.

Why don't we look at Jose's failing heritage in Europe/in general from nearly the same time period + afterwards?

2012: Jose's Real take a 1 goal lead only to retreat, get pinned back by Bayern at home and then they lose in penalties. Outplayed by Bayern in both legs.

2013: Demolished by Klopp/Lewandowski in the 1st leg. Pretty sure it was his worst knock-out result in Europe at that point. Almost came-back in the 2nd leg, but it was too late then.

2014: He sets up his Chelsea team with a double-decker bus against Simeone's Atletico Madrid of all teams. Fails to secure an away goal. Loses 3-1 at the Bridge.

2015: Gets outplayed and eliminated by 10-man PSG at the bridge.

2016: Likely would have been another humiliation, but he was an even bigger humiliation in the league at that point. 16th with Chelsea when he got sacked. 16th in the worst Premier League season ever in terms of quality. Truly the special one.

2017: Leads us to Europa League glory. Not entirely convincing, but a win is a win.

2018: Goes to Seville for the 1st leg with zero intention of playing football. Sets up his team as if they're lucky to simply partake against Sevilla. Fails to secure an away goal. Loses 2-1 at Old Trafford and then he has the gall to whip out his football heritage talk in the post match presser.

2019: Again avoids another likely humiliation in Europe, but humiliates himself in the league once more. Closer in points to the relegation zone than to leaders Liverpool at his sacking.

2020: Utterly demolished by Leipzig. 4-0 aggregate score-line. Kane and Son were missing, but they didn't even put up a fight.

2021: Up 2-0 vs Dinamo Zagreb after the 1st leg. They proceed to lose 3-0 in the 2nd leg. Jose Mourinho's 1st ever knock-out loss in Europe after winning the 1st leg by 2 goals I believe. Embarrassing.

2022: Finally wins again in Europe, but it's not even the Europa League. It's the Conference League. A win is a win though.

Amazing heritage from the Special One in Europe though.

el3mel

It was an utter disgrace. He disconnected himself from the club. Praised himself how also succeeded vs United's failing heritage in Europe.

Why don't we look at Jose's failing heritage in Europe/in general from nearly the same time period + afterwards?

2012: Jose's Real take a 1 goal lead only to retreat, get pinned back by Bayern at home and then they lose in penalties. Outplayed by Bayern in both legs.

2013: Demolished by Klopp/Lewandowski in the 1st leg. Pretty sure it was his worst knock-out result in Europe at that point. Almost came-back in the 2nd leg, but it was too late then.

2014: He sets up his Chelsea team with a double-decker bus against Simeone's Atletico Madrid of all teams. Fails to secure an away goal. Loses 3-1 at the Bridge.

2016: Likely would have been another humiliation, but he was an even bigger humiliation in the league at that point. 16th with Chelsea when he got sacked. 16th in the worst Premier League season ever in terms of quality. Truly the special one.

2017: Leads us to Europa League glory. Not entirely convincing, but a win is a win.

2018: Goes to Seville for the 1st leg with zero intention of playing football. Sets up his team as if they're lucky to simply partake against Sevilla. Fails to secure an away goal. Loses 2-1 at Old Trafford and then he has the gall to whip out his football heritage talk in the post match presser.

2019: Again avoids another likely humiliation in Europe, but humiliates himself in the league once more. Closer in points to the relegation zone than to leaders Liverpool at his sacking.

2020: Utterly demolished by Leipzig. 4-0 aggregate score-line. Kane and Son were missing, but they didn't even put up a fight.

2021: Up 2-0 vs Dinamo Zagreb after the 1st leg. They proceed to lose 3-0 in the 2nd leg. Jose Mourinho's 1st ever knock-out loss in Europe after winning the 1st leg by 2 goals I believe. Embarrassing.

2022: Finally wins again in Europe, but it's not even the Europa League. It's the Conference League. A win is a win though.

That includes 3 CL semi finals and 2 European trophies. Guess what, still better than our record in Europe during this period.

Also, Real Madrid in 2012 were unlucky and should have reached the final. The pen shootout was ridiculous. Once in a lifetime I guess.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
That includes 3 CL semi finals and 2 European trophies. Guess what, still better than our record in Europe during this period.

Also, Real Madrid in 2012 were unlucky and should have reached the final. The pen shootout was ridiculous. Once in a lifetime I guess.
Also, United we’re unlucky to lose to Villarreal and should have won it. The pen shootout was ridiculous. Once in a lifetime I guess.

You see? We can use the exact same words to defend United but you choose to defend one failed United manager (successful elsewhere but who cares?) over our club. Like people used to say about Trump, Mourinho could come out and say he intentionally sabotaged the dressing room and created all that toxicity because he wanted to be sacked so he could move on from United with a huge compensation package and I’m pretty sure many here will still find a way to defend him. Mind boggling.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Mourinho won a real Mickey Mouse cup and I see a lot of praise for someone who said would never train teams like Malaga nor to be glad to win Europa League.

Yes, congratulations, but he defeated friggin Feyenoord in a Cup the same tier as the extinct Intertoto Cup. Even the Cup Winner’s Cup had better pedigree.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Regarding 2012, I thought that Real, even though they were clearly the best team in Europe that season, were pretty lucky to take Bayern to penalties in the first place.

Bayern were definitely the better team over the 2 legs, fully deserving to win the 1st leg in Munich (Mourinho wanted to settle for a draw there), and they deserved at least to draw the 2nd at the Bernabeu. So I don’t see how Real were unlucky to be knocked out at all, when Bayern should have finished them off earlier.

However they were pretty unlucky that their huge La Liga title showdown / decider at the Camp Nou was sandwiched in-between the 2 semi-final legs, while Bayern had no chance of catching Dortmund and winning the Bundesliga (those were the days). Still who’d have thought after Mourinho won the CL with Inter in 2010, that 12 years later he wouldn’t have reached another final in the competition.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Good post. Apart from this, what was Sevilla's heritage in CL? Funny how Jose fans don't talk about this. "He spoke the truth" :lol:

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
It may sound weird from a barca fan but I miss Mourinho coaching big teams. Also, despite all his barca hate I just loved how he dealed with the disgusting spanish media. I would never want him anywhere near my club but I wish he comes back to any big club.

Marwood

Sorry it wasn't terribly clear.

I can't understand how Jose is being described as a nobody despite being the last man to win us trophies (will be minimum 6 years by next summer)
Because how much satisfaction can a United fan take from winning that Europa League?

We played a lot of teams nobody had heard of and a couple of really average teams.

And we still struggled. Some of the results were shocking given the resources and players we had.

It's like a grown man beating up a teenager and hailing it a big success.

He shouldn't be described as a nobody but the Europa League barely registers for me.

Leserafim

Supports
AS Roma
And Jose never had the history of losing dressing room, man was a saint.
You can't lose a dressing room if the board gave you full trust and authority over players. At Roma their board publicly said that he is irreplaceable, the players aren't, anyone who doesn't like him will be sold. How is he going to lose a dressing room in a place where he can just get rid of anyone he doesn't like ? But this is what he said with a proper club structure. Manager has to be the most important person in the dressing. United were once had that proper club structure and give all the power to sir alex , so he can sell anyone he doesn't like and maintain full authority. That's how a club can be successful , because I am pretty sure both Pep & Klopp also has the same power at their respective club.
I think Mourinho chose Roma knowing he will have the full authority there , where no one will be able to question him and act out of his control.
Was Matic, Pogba, Lukaku, Bailly, Dalot, Mkhitaryan and Sanchez all Woodwards fault or did it have something to do with Mourinhos out of date way to build a team?According to Mourinho, Dalot was supposed to be the new United right back for the next 10-15 years. Matic and Lukaku were his two examples of his football heritage - as players with a different know-how. And he did want to add the likes of Dier and Maguire to the squad.

Don´t get me wrong. He was a football man fighting for the integrity of the manager role and I like him, but he was never a good recruitment for the United job.
Backing manager is done in 2 ways.
1. To try buying him the players he likes or at least players with similar profile and trait he loves.
2. Getting rid of anyone he doesn't like including those that he just bought.

You don't give him the second so you can't say he was backed at United. Looking at how Mata ( he got rid of him immediately at Chelsea with suggest he doesn't rate him ) , Shaw , Pogba , Martial are all still here , while every other manager can freely do so whenever they wanted. For example , half of spurs starting eleven under Conte aren't the same as what they have under previous manager.
Actually United were doing well under him for the first 12 - 18 months playing good football , creating lot of chances, scoring lot of goals and conceded little.
But things start to get sour when the club decide to back Paul Pogba over him ,remember that "attack, attack , attack " , i have never seen a player blatantly criticized their manager right in front of public when that manager are still at your club, pogba clearly did it because your board gave him the power to do so.

Because how much satisfaction can a United fan take from winning that Europa League?

We played a lot of teams nobody had heard of and a couple of really average teams.

And we still struggled. Some of the results were shocking given the resources and players we had.

It's like a grown man beating up a teenager and hailing it a big success.

He shouldn't be described as a nobody but the Europa League barely registers for me.
Let's say you don't count UEL and league cup. It means United has been trophyless for a decade right ? At Roma , we realize that beggars can't be choosers that's why we enjoy this win wholeheartedly , just look at the bus parade.

Sacking him at United solve absolutely nothing , you guys still played bad football, conceded tons of goals , can't break a team down , the dressing room is even more toxic ,
It's not like United turn into such an attacking team playing on front foot after sacking him, you guys still playing park the bus football, depend on fast counter but difference is now you have a broken bus, your defense is just as weak as your attack.
that decision wasn't even good economically, United could have sold Pogba , Martial ,Shaw for decent fee if you back him over them ,now they don't even worth 50m combined. Before anyone saying Mourinho isn't the solution, let me tell you that it doesn't matter how smart and experienced a doctor is you would still be sick if you chose not to listen to his advice or drink his bitter medicine.

Mourinho, was a great manager no doubt, but he is a dinosaur today's game. I watched the game yesterday, it was typical Mourinho camp the the double-decker after nicking a goal kinda win against the mighty Feyenoord. Freaking Joke. I dont ever want that for us. Lot of people using the "Ole-Stick" to hail Mourinho must understand that both the managers were terrible for us. Treating Ole better or not, keeping Ole wrongly in the job longer (thanks to his legend mates and stupid board) had nothing to do with firing Mourinho. Ole was our man, he tried and he failed.

Mourinho got fired for the right reasons. Terrible Under Dog Shit on stick Football, Terrible transfers - trumpeted for purchasing the "defending Legend" Maguire, after buying multiple failed defenders, pitched for Toby Old-erwerald, Wanted to retain FELLAINI (the guy has played for Std Leige, Everton and Shandong Luneng all his career)... None of his buys were exciting. He would play the likes of Eden Hazard in defense for Chelsea. He is an yesterday's Man. An ego-beech, who blamed everybody but himself. Never the right guy for a team like ours. That Sevilla Interview was the last straw.

Ole was not better than Mourinho doesn't mean Mourinho was good for us. Stop bringing up his one-off cup wins to justify keeping him. He could have won us few more cups (false dawns). Much like Ole, He was never going to take us where we belong. Firing him and Hiring Ole as a sub was the best thing to have happened to us, despite this season. That's how bad Mourinho was. I am sure even Chelsea fans won't go back for him today, and he was a legend for them.
We were tired at second half, we have been using the same starting eleven for the last 6 months , at first half we fully controlled the game. At second half fayenoord start getting dangerous chances , but Mourinho didn't win 14 out off 15 finals he played for nothing, he was tactically astute, he realized where the danger is coming from and decided to shut that area by bringing spina and veretout to replace zalewski and zaniolo, after that we started to gain control and comfortable in guarding the lead. Fayenoord was the team with the most goals and creates the most chances in UECL this season , but we made them toothless.

It may sound weird from a barca fan but I miss Mourinho coaching big teams. Also, despite all his barca hate I just loved how he dealed with the disgusting spanish media. I would never want him anywhere near my club but I wish he comes back to any big club.
He just loves a challenging job, he doesn't fancy a club where every other manager and their mother can win there , he is here at AS Roma to turn us into great team again. Better believe it.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You can't lose a dressing room if the board gave you full trust and authority over players.
Losing or winning a dressing has nothing to do with authority and it's not based on someone else giving you anything, if you need to be given something than you already failed. We are talking about adults here, if you want to get a group of men behind you, you need to convince them with your skills and attitude, you need to build relationships, belief and trust, these things aren't given to you or anyone else.

R'hllor

You weirdos decided to crawl out of caves for this i see, cant blame ya, waiting all these years in the dark for any moment, probably started turning into Smeagols

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

Losing or winning a dressing has nothing to do with authority and it's not based on someone else giving you anything, if you need to be given something than you already failed. We are talking about adults here, if you want to get a group of men behind you, you need to convince them with your skills and attitude, you need to build relationships, belief and trust, these things aren't given to you or anyone else.
And you need to be able to get rid of those who are not up for the job?

Leserafim

Supports
AS Roma
No , we aren't talking about friendship or leadership here , we are talking about structure. In a proper company with clear structure , when a manager report to their board or HR department , which staff is lazy ,which staff doesn't perform well, which staff is not good enough, which staff doesn't do their best , which staff he personally doesn't like , do you think the manager will be the one getting sacked ? No , those employees will be the one getting replaced , not the manager. A Manager in proper company won't get sacked just because some of his employees doesn't like them . This thing don't happen at United because you guys lack proper structure. Mourinho isn't the only one saying this , LVG said as well , he said United is a business club right ? I can think he means those who can bring more money or save more money is more important for the club. How can a manager maintain a good proper dressing room if he doesn't have power over players ? Wonder what would happen if United chose Beckham over Sir Alex back then because he obviously has bigger marketing pull ? At Roma our board has made it clear to the players that Mourinho is their boss , if they don't like him then they are free to find another club no ifs or buts. Now the players have no choice but to listen , no one will have an idea to downtools like Pogba did at United when he doesn't feel like it, if Ed Woodward was a football person he could have identified which players didn't try their best to check out himself what Mourinho has reported but unfortunately he has no idea about football so when the players blamed their performance on manager tactics he was fooled eventhough it's the players who half assed their performance. That's why it's important to have a football person as DoF , they can check the training process to see what the manager asked from players and compare it to what the players is doing on the pitch , seeing which guy don't work hard enough, which guy didn't follow the managers order or else.

Mourinho is a manager who have worked with some of the best players in history of football, he can see which player is winners, which is loser , which one is a fighter , which one is obedient , which one is defeatist , which is hard worker and so on , as fans we can only trust his judgement.
Which includes the manager himself.
But the job at united is to keep players happy , especially those with huge wage and good for marketing purpose. The reason ole lasted longer than Mourinho despite doing worse job on the pitch.

Last edited:

el3mel

Also, United we’re unlucky to lose to Villarreal and should have won it. The pen shootout was ridiculous. Once in a lifetime I guess.

You see? We can use the exact same words to defend United but you choose to defend one failed United manager (successful elsewhere but who cares?) over our club. Like people used to say about Trump, Mourinho could come out and say he intentionally sabotaged the dressing room and created all that toxicity because he wanted to be sacked so he could move on from United with a huge compensation package and I’m pretty sure many here will still find a way to defend him. Mind boggling.
Nah. We didn't deserve to beat Villarreal. Comparing both games is ridiculous actually. Do you understand the gap between both teams? We were facing a team who never won a trophy in their entire history. The same can't be said about Real and Bayern.

The 120 min against Villarreal wee awful and we fecked up the game completely. We did nothing to win the game after the equalizer. Villarreal played the game with the target to reach pens and succeeded.

It's not to mention this is Europe league and not Champions fecking league and I'm sick of you treating this final as some sort of an achievement worthy to be mentioned. That alone is an enough evidence of how the standards of Man United have went downhill.

el3mel

So it's fine to bump up this thread to mock him when he's sacked or loses but if we do the same when he wins something it's "crawling out of caves".

Exactly the same problem as Lukaku's threads before. Apparently these threads aren't made to follow ex players or managers outside United, no, it's to make fun of them only when they lose or are awful.