Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

AshRK

I don't have much issue with Jose the manager itself. Yes he acted like a cnut here but I don't have any anger or despise him for his success now. In fact there was a time when after SAF he was my favorite manager. Wish he had come here in 2013 instead of Moyes.

Having said that I can't stand his fan boys who love to rewrite his time here. Yes we won trophies, good but for most parts we were equally awful under him. The fact that some still defend his presser after the Sevilla loss is in fact funny. The guy is a very insecure individual. Had he actually acted normal after the Sevilla loss, probably many United fans would have continued to back him. But he chose to be a jerk and refuse to take any blame on the loss shows his insecurity. And the same is with their fanboys. It's like it was everyone's fault but Jose's.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
You weirdos decided to crawl out of caves for this i see, cant blame ya, waiting all these years in the dark for any moment, probably started turning into Smeagols
The Cupwraiths crawled out of the cave Man United is still in, who has been waiting for what?

R'hllor

The Cupwraiths crawled out of the cave Man United is still in, who has been waiting for what?
Oh noes was that a dig at United but to answer who has been waiting, bunch of weirdos that have been JM fans way before he even became a United manager (which is odd because he was fighting against their club for same trophies), same bunch who didnt mind him shitting on a club they supposedly support (now they saying how its a truth speaker), same bunch who didnt mind that he was sabotaging on purpose game vs West Ham away just so he could come out after game and say "see, if i had a CB", same bunch who were waiting in shadows during Ole tenure, waiting specific moments to join in and pile on, trying to wash toxic waste he left behind, same bunch that feeds of threads like " So was Jose right? " or whatever the name is.

Personally i really dont give a shit about post United success or failures of that classless cnut, just find it funny how cult following drones among United fans (they claim) turn on for their Jose.

R'hllor

So it's fine to bump up this thread to mock him when he's sacked or loses but if we do the same when he wins something it's "crawling out of caves".

Exactly the same problem as Lukaku's threads before. Apparently these threads aren't made to follow ex players or managers outside United, no, it's to make fun of them only when they lose or are awful.
I see you quoted my term not directly, so dunno are you one of those or not but lets not play dumb, we have/had people here acting as United fans/supporters while in the same time being fans of JM even before he became a United manager, so tell me how that works. Same cult following couldnt deal with him being sacked so they stayed dormant during Ole time and waiting every bad period to join in and have a go, pushing their own JM agenda.

Similar for Lukaku, you remember haram poster? After we sold Lukaku he went to Inter forum to follow him there, making some mental posts, think he got banned soon after on CAF, personally i dont think you are/were that type, nor i aimed my post at people that just follow ex players/managers but if there is desperation to push agenda, twist and turn what actually happened, i have issue with that, specially if we are supposedly supporting same club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No , we aren't talking about friendship or leadership here , we are talking about structure. In a proper company with clear structure , when a manager report to their board or HR department , which staff is lazy ,which staff doesn't perform well, which staff is not good enough, which staff doesn't do their best , which staff he personally doesn't like , do you think the manager will be the one getting sacked ? No , those employees will be the one getting replaced , not the manager. A Manager in proper company won't get sacked just because some of his employees doesn't like them . This thing don't happen at United because you guys lack proper structure. Mourinho isn't the only one saying this , LVG said as well , he said United is a business club right ? I can think he means those who can bring more money or save more money is more important for the club. How can a manager maintain a good proper dressing room if he doesn't have power over players ? Wonder what would happen if United chose Beckham over Sir Alex back then because he obviously has bigger marketing pull ? At Roma our board has made it clear to the players that Mourinho is their boss , if they don't like him then they are free to find another club no ifs or buts. Now the players have no choice but to listen , no one will have an idea to downtools like Pogba did at United when he doesn't feel like it, if Ed Woodward was a football person he could have identified which players didn't try their best to check out himself what Mourinho has reported but unfortunately he has no idea about football so when the players blamed their performance on manager tactics he was fooled eventhough it's the players who half assed their performance. That's why it's important to have a football person as DoF , they can check the training process to see what the manager asked from players and compare it to what the players is doing on the pitch , seeing which guy don't work hard enough, which guy didn't follow the managers order or else.

Mourinho is a manager who have worked with some of the best players in history of football, he can see which player is winners, which is loser , which one is a fighter , which one is obedient , which one is defeatist , which is hard worker and so on , as fans we can only trust his judgement.

But the job at united is to keep players happy , especially those with huge wage and good for marketing purpose. The reason ole lasted longer than Mourinho despite doing worse job on the pitch.
What does a manager do, what are the qualities required to be a good manager in all fields?

el3mel

I see you quoted my term not directly, so dunno are you one of those or not but lets not play dumb, we have/had people here acting as United fans/supporters while in the same time being fans of JM even before he became a United manager, so tell me how that works. Same cult following couldnt deal with him being sacked so they stayed dormant during Ole time and waiting every bad period to join in and have a go, pushing their own JM agenda.

Similar for Lukaku, you remember haram poster? After we sold Lukaku he went to Inter forum to follow him there, making some mental posts, think he got banned soon after on CAF, personally i dont think you are/were that type, nor i aimed my post at people that just follow ex players/managers but if there is desperation to push agenda, twist and turn what actually happened, i have issue with that, specially if we are supposedly supporting same club.
How does being a United fan contradict with being a fan of a manager outside United ? How did you know they're acting as United fans ? Which one in this thread follows this stereotype you're mentioning?

I'm a fan of a lot of managers outside United. Hell, I was a big fan of Klopp when he was at BvB and wanted him to manage us do badly after Moyes was sacked. How does that change anything from my stance as United fan ? I don't have to hate every other top manager outside United and mock them to prove my loyalty to the club (like what a lot here are doing with Klopp, Pep and Conte).

I honestly see the opposite. A lot of people here can't endure ex players or managers getting praised or defended. Since they left United, it's our duty to prove they're shite. Let's bump their threads only when they loses or performs bad, but dare some others bump it when they score goals or win something, let's quickly counter them by posting their previous shit games/failures and say things like "crawling out of caves" whenever the lose, a term that can be also applied on those who bump these threads only when they fail.

Things aren't black and white. These people still did some positive things for the club while they were here. Lukaku wasn't 100% fully shit and neither was Mourinho or anyone else of our ex stuff. If you think that then it's your own opinion and your opinion alone. Don't try to force it as a fact and anything else is "twisting what happened".

Leserafim

Supports
AS Roma
What does a manager do, what are the qualities required to be a good manager in all fields?
Pretty much the same with any other manager in every kind of job ,a manager have his assistant or supervisor to teach newcomer how to work in the office and while the manager is making assessment to all his staff and report it to either director or HR department. Which staff doesn't do their job properly should not pass probation if they are new or to be replaced if they aren't good enough. For a football manager ,their main job isn't coaching players ,they have bunch of coaches to do that for them. A football manager main job is to identify bad apples and replace them , identity which position needed to be reinforce, which will end up improving the overall team. If you don't allow the manager to do it , then what's the point in hiring him ? You don't coach bad players, you don't coach lazy players, you replace them so the team can work properly to reach their goal. Pep won nothing in his first season at city , but did he even try to coach his backline and joe hart ? No , he got rid of every starting defender he had and replace them with new set of backline , so much for a coach who are famous with his coaching right ? Klopp 22 men squad is totally different than when he was first came , nobody told him to coach the players he replaced so why Mourinho must coach Luke shaw or Martial etc ? I don't think Sir Alex coached the players himself, he has his assistant doing that job for him

Last edited:

R'hllor

How does being a United fan contradict with being a fan of a manager outside United ? How did you know they're acting as United fans ? Which one in this thread follows this stereotype you're mentioning?

I'm a fan of a lot of managers outside United. Hell, I was a big fan of Klopp when he was at BvB and wanted him to manage us do badly after Moyes was sacked. How does that change anything from my stance as United fan ? I don't have to hate every other top manager outside United and mock them to prove my loyalty to the club (like what a lot here are doing with Klopp, Pep and Conte).

I honestly see the opposite. A lot of people here can't endure ex players or managers getting praised or defended. Since they left United, it's our duty to prove they're shite. Let's bump their threads only when they loses or performs bad, but dare some others bump it when they score goals or win something, let's quickly counter them by posting their previous shit games/failures and say things like "crawling out of caves" whenever the lose, a term that can be also applied on those who bump these threads only when they fail.

Things aren't black and white. These people still did some positive things for the club while they were here. Lukaku wasn't 100% fully shit and neither was Mourinho or anyone else of our ex stuff. If you think that then it's your own opinion and your opinion alone. Don't try to force it as a fact and anything else is "twisting what happened".
How does being a United fan contradcts with being a fan of a manager who has not connection to United and is leading rival club for titles vs United a SAF? When you have cult following of a public person, same how people are obsessive followers of Ronaldo/Messi, what you think, i would imagine if i am obsessive fan of a person, i idolize him/her, wish him/her all the best, to be successful so i can feed of it etc. I mean how contradicts what!?

el3mel

How does being a United fan contradcts with being a fan of a manager who has not connection to United and is leading rival club for titles vs United a SAF? When you have cult following of a public person, same how people are obsessive followers of Ronaldo/Messi, what you think, i would imagine if i am obsessive fan of a person, i idolize him/her, wish him/her all the best, to be successful so i can feed of it etc. I mean how contradicts what!?
I never considered Chelsea a big rival for us anyway, they might be rivals to the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal but for United the major rivalry has always been with Liverpool and later on City, Arsenal at most (and even this rivalry died later on). Chelsea was just a club we competed with for few seasons but that's about it. Opposition and competitor but I don't consider them that much of a rival at all.

And anyway, I can like an opposition manager without wanting them to win against us. What's the big deal here ? I'm not forced to hate every other manager in the Premier League just because I'm supporting one club. This is honestly a very narrow sighted view and an easy way to not enjoy the sport. There's difference between liking a manager who happened to end up at a job at an opposition club in the league after that and between wanting them to win against United or snatch trophies from us, and in Mourinho's case, he has managed other clubs than Chelsea in his career, not like he spent his entire career competing with United.

Anyone can follow a certain player or a manager, be fans of them and likes them or wishes them to always be successful, doesn't contradict anything from the fact this one person can also be a supporter for a club and wants them to succeed whenever they face that player/manager. Not like United fans enjoyed Madrid knocking United out of CL because Ronaldo scored in both games, because a lot of United fans are still obsessed with Ronaldo.

Flexdegea

Are people seriously talking about this final like it's serious?

Basically a cup of the most average teams in their own leagues. It's brutal.

Seems to be getting used as some sort of barometer for Jose being a winner when it's not even worth mentioning to his previous trophies :lol:

You'd also think most these cultists didn't live thru his time at us, his last year was soul destroying, and I'm somebody he likes Jose. But it was hard to watch,

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Looking at the semifinal teams of the EL and ECL, I'd say the quality of the teams were pretty similar.

West Ham, Frankfurt, Leipzig and Rangers vs Roma, Leicester, Marseille and Feyenoord.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Looking at the semifinal teams of the EL and ECL, I'd say the quality of the teams were pretty similar.

West Ham, Frankfurt, Leipzig and Rangers vs Roma, Leicester, Marseille and Feyenoord.
More European pedigree as well funnily enough.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
United fans aren't going to be objective about ex-managers or players they strongly dislike (for good reasons, I might add).

If you want to celebrate the achievements of José Mourinho, you should probably do that somewhere else.

And if you start up the tired, old "he was actually right/he wasn't backed/let's do some special pleading on behalf of our idol" thing again, you should know how that ends - so what's the point?

Irwin99

United fans have a very unhealthy relationship with managers/ex-managers. You cannot talk to us on a rational level about Moyes, LVG, Jose or Ole (and now Ralf) without anger, resentment and belittlement.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pretty much the same with any other manager in every kind of job ,a manager have his assistant or supervisor to teach newcomer how to work in the office and while the manager is making assessment to all his staff and report it to either director or HR department. Which staff doesn't do their job properly should not pass probation if they are new or to be replaced if they aren't good enough. For a football manager ,their main job isn't coaching players ,they have bunch of coaches to do that for them. A football manager main job is to identify bad apples and replace them , identity which position needed to be reinforce, which will end up improving the overall team. If you don't allow the manager to do it , then what's the point in hiring him ? You don't coach bad players, you don't coach lazy players, you replace them so the team can work properly to reach their goal. Pep won nothing in his first season at city , but did he even try to coach his backline and joe hart ? No , he got rid of every starting defender he had and replace them with new set of backline , so much for a coach who are famous with his coaching right ? Klopp 22 men squad is totally different than when he was first came , nobody told him to coach the players he replaced so why Mourinho must coach Luke shaw or Martial etc ? I don't think Sir Alex coached the players himself, he has his assistant doing that job for him
You think that management is about identifying bad apples and replacing them? And you replace the bad apples until you stumble on good ones, there is no leadership, no management, no mentorship, no motivation, no support? Mourinho wouldn't agree with you because for all his shortcomings, he is a competent manager and SAF would definitely not agree with the nonsense you just shared.

I like the fact that you keep showing that you have no clue about management or any managerial role. It's not rare, many "managers" in all fields are absolutely fraudulent.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think Roma have finished 2nd in Serie A something like 7 times since their 2001 Scudetto win, finishing 2nd in an exciting 3 horse race with Juve and Inter the next season, being edged out by Mancini's Inter in 2008 and Mourinho's Inter in 2010, finishing with impressive points totals but coming up against the Juve juggernaut under Conte / Allegri etc. Plus there was a period in which they lost in quite a lot of Coppa Italia finals either side of their 2 wins in 2007 and 2008, so for quite a long period they were the bridesmaids of Italian football.

I don't think that Lazio had a particularly illustrious history before their huge spending Sergio Cragnotti era (City's pre-Sheikh Mansour was probably better). But then they became a real force during the late 90s. I remember them narrowly missing out on winning the Scudetto in 1999 (in fact they were top for most of the season before Milan leapfrogged them near the end), but they won the final ever edition of the Cup Winners' Cup, and then edged out Juve the next season following the debacle in the rain in Perugia. That Lazio team had Nesta, Veron, Nedved, Salas, Simeone, Mihajlovic etc. and so was incredibly strong and star studded. Then the following summer, they spend huge money again on Crespo, Claudio Lopez, Fiore, Peruzzi etc.

Didn't the Roma hierarchy say that Mourinho's only job this season was to consolidate and build, and I gather that they didn't even put pressure on him to finish in the top 4. It's a still a hugely demanding job in terms of expectations from crazy fans, wall to wall media coverage and intrusion etc. in the city. But the fact that he has been left to get on with his job without specific targets re finishing into the top 4, challenging for the Scudetto etc., must have helped a lot.
Forgive me for being rather late in answering your reply.
I've found This all time serie a table and it shows them to be 4th just behind the big three of juve , inter and Milan so it seems your assumption of roma as Italian football's bridesmaids is entirely correct a
I think Roma have finished 2nd in Serie A something like 7 times since their 2001 Scudetto win, finishing 2nd in an exciting 3 horse race with Juve and Inter the next season, being edged out by Mancini's Inter in 2008 and Mourinho's Inter in 2010, finishing with impressive points totals but coming up against the Juve juggernaut under Conte / Allegri etc. Plus there was a period in which they lost in quite a lot of Coppa Italia finals either side of their 2 wins in 2007 and 2008, so for quite a long period they were the bridesmaids of Italian football.

I don't think that Lazio had a particularly illustrious history before their huge spending Sergio Cragnotti era (City's pre-Sheikh Mansour was probably better). But then they became a real force during the late 90s. I remember them narrowly missing out on winning the Scudetto in 1999 (in fact they were top for most of the season before Milan leapfrogged them near the end), but they won the final ever edition of the Cup Winners' Cup, and then edged out Juve the next season following the debacle in the rain in Perugia. That Lazio team had Nesta, Veron, Nedved, Salas, Simeone, Mihajlovic etc. and so was incredibly strong and star studded. Then the following summer, they spend huge money again on Crespo, Claudio Lopez, Fiore, Peruzzi etc.

Didn't the Roma hierarchy say that Mourinho's only job this season was to consolidate and build, and I gather that they didn't even put pressure on him to finish in the top 4. It's a still a hugely demanding job in terms of expectations from crazy fans, wall to wall media coverage and intrusion etc. in the city. But the fact that he has been left to get on with his job without specific targets re finishing into the top 4, challenging for the Scudetto etc., must have helped a lot.
Please forgive me for my rather unpunctual timing to answer to your reply.

I found this Table which places them 4th just behind the famous triumvirate of juve ,inter and Milan so your assessment of them being Italy's footballing bridesmaids seems to have been entirely correct as they have massively underperformed by winning only 3 Scudetto and coming on as the nearly man in 14 occasions.

Lazio seems to be a peculiar club as they do have a very large following and and a very heated rivalry with their neighbors so their rather lackluster history puzzles me, their late 90s star studded team was sort of a progenitor of the current spending model and it truly was breath taking and I always felt they underperformed massively compared to the resources at their hand at the sheer quality they possessed, always felt errikson(sorry if I spelled it wrong) was the weak link, perhaps with a more qualified manager they would have done more.

Indeed it seems they gone in easy on their expectations of Mourinho's first season results but my impression is that Roma fans were eager to afford him such after their lackluster last few season so he has their full support inside and outside the pitch which seems to have only been amplified after him delivering their first trophy since 2008.

I'm eager to see what he does with them in his second season especially with a bit off added quality in summer, maybe he really can turn the clock back in achieving greatness.

iamking

he realized where the danger is coming from and decided to shut that area
Mourinho has made a football career out of just this - sensing danger and shutting out. I am happy it worked out well for you guys (Roma), but without any disrespect we expect more here, it is just not good enough. Mourinho relies on getting the ball in areas of danger and hope one of his attacking players do the job of scoring the goal. This kind of percentage football in attack, where the chances created are based on pumping balls in areas of danger and relying on individual skill, is so so outdated. The significant reliance on his attacking players to make more of percentage chances is the reason he keeps failing in his 2nd or 3rd season (it's not entirely as simplistic, but its the general idea)., because by then one of his top players will have an off-season and his entire "TACTICAL" system will fail as its focused only on defense. He might win a few cups here and there and when his percentage football fails, he will leave the club with a bunch of bus parkers who are great at shutting out danger but can't string two passes together. A broken team. (that's what he did with us)

We can all agree, Mourinho is a tactically sound manager. He can get the better of any manager (Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti) in a cup run. But his system is not good for dominating low block teams. The difference between his last PL win with Chelsea and now, is the quality of rest of the PL team has significantly improved since. Managers are more organized in defense for his hoof-the-ball-pray-to-god attack to work( he will need 3 Drogbas, with Busquet level play acting to succeed, with VAR and all). The PL teams are not just low-block teams anymore, they are teams who are just as dangerous in nicking it in the offense with a set-piece or a counter. They can do a Mourinho now (the irony of it).

You need controlled aggression to dominate PL. Mourinho and aggression don't go together, not on the pitch at least. I stopped watching football under him, it was like watching a rich brainy Sam Allardyci (LOL) trying to put a dinosaur to sleep. Just checked scores and went to work and lost any love for watching the game. Ole was definitely more entertaining and that says it all.

always_hoping

It's actually insane how he still has United fans supporting him.

There's now people defending his post-match presser against Sevilla.

It was an utter disgrace. He disconnected himself from the club. Praised himself how also succeeded vs United's failing heritage in Europe.

Why don't we look at Jose's failing heritage in Europe/in general from nearly the same time period + afterwards?

2012: Jose's Real take a 1 goal lead only to retreat, get pinned back by Bayern at home and then they lose in penalties. Outplayed by Bayern in both legs.

2013: Demolished by Klopp/Lewandowski in the 1st leg. Pretty sure it was his worst knock-out result in Europe at that point. Almost came-back in the 2nd leg, but it was too late then.

2014: He sets up his Chelsea team with a double-decker bus against Simeone's Atletico Madrid of all teams. Fails to secure an away goal. Loses 3-1 at the Bridge.

2015: Gets outplayed and eliminated by 10-man PSG at the bridge.

2016: Likely would have been another humiliation, but he was an even bigger humiliation in the league at that point. 16th with Chelsea when he got sacked. 16th in the worst Premier League season ever in terms of quality. Truly the special one.

2017: Leads us to Europa League glory. Not entirely convincing, but a win is a win.

2018: Goes to Seville for the 1st leg with zero intention of playing football. Sets up his team as if they're lucky to simply partake against Sevilla. Fails to secure an away goal. Loses 2-1 at Old Trafford and then he has the gall to whip out his football heritage talk in the post match presser.

2019: Again avoids another likely humiliation in Europe, but humiliates himself in the league once more. Closer in points to the relegation zone than to leaders Liverpool at his sacking.

2020: Utterly demolished by Leipzig. 4-0 aggregate score-line. Kane and Son were missing, but they didn't even put up a fight.

2021: Up 2-0 vs Dinamo Zagreb after the 1st leg. They proceed to lose 3-0 in the 2nd leg. Jose Mourinho's 1st ever knock-out loss in Europe after winning the 1st leg by 2 goals I believe. Embarrassing.

2022: Finally wins again in Europe, but it's not even the Europa League. It's the Conference League. A win is a win though.

Amazing heritage from the Special One in Europe though.
Good post, well researched.

HookedOnAPhelan

United fans have a very unhealthy relationship with managers/ex-managers. You cannot talk to us on a rational level about Moyes, LVG, Jose or Ole (and now Ralf) without anger, resentment and belittlement.
Nah, Moyes was just out of his depth. He accepted the job like any other manager in his position would, can't blame him too much for that. He did a lot of damage for sure (dismantling the backroom staff comes to mind), and his statements since leaving seem to suggest he lacks self-awareness that he just wasn't good enough, but who cares. He's a bit of a clown, but that's it.

LvG was past it. Entertaining and likeable guy and all, but at the end of the day the football was dire and the results were unacceptable. Thanks for the FA-cup though.

Ole is a club legend, and I don't think anybody thinks he didn't want what's best for the club. Conducted himself with class as always, but in the end he just wasn't good enough. Still a legend though.

Mourinho, on the other hand, is just a cnut. Spent more money than any other manager post SAF, won a couple of Mickey Mouse cups (which his fans still celebrate, because "trophies"), achieved an extremely flattering second place, then results went to shit, so he insulted the club, behaved like a cnut as usual, and fecked off. He's the only one of our ex-managers I can't fecking stand, and the only one I actively hope fails in all his future endeavours. Despicable person. And the cult surrounding him makes me loathe him even more.

Last edited:

El Capitano

(I don’t know whether you both understood the comment I was responding to or just felt triggered by my comment and hit reply without reading.)

So, let’s say I agree with your point, in conclusion, does it mean United is absolute shit in Europe?
Not competing at the highest levels since Ferguson retired, I would say so.

SirAF

Ageist
United fans aren't going to be objective about ex-managers or players they strongly dislike (for good reasons, I might add).

If you want to celebrate the achievements of José Mourinho, you should probably do that somewhere else.

And if you start up the tired, old "he was actually right/he wasn't backed/let's do some special pleading on behalf of our idol" thing again, you should know how that ends - so what's the point?
To be fair, I think it is more odd that the people who hate him are willing to waste so much time talking about him. There are one or two posters in here that have probably spent a whole day or two now. Each to their own I guess.

always_hoping

No it wasn't.
Where was mention of 2014/2015 Premier League win at Chelsea.
Not a balanced post at all.
But why confuse predudice with facts.
No mention because the research was mainly based on his European record over the last decade. Peak Jose in Europe was with Porto and Inter.

el3mel

Nah, Moyes was just out of his depth. He accepted the job like any other manager in his position would, can't blame him too much for that. He did a lot of damage for sure (dismantling the backroom staff comes to mind), and his statements since leaving seem to suggest he lacks self-awareness that he just wasn't good enough, but who cares. He's a bit of a clown, but that's it.

LvG was past it. Entertaining and likeable guy and all, but at the end of the day the football was dire and the results were unacceptable. Thanks for the FA-cup though.

Ole is a club legend, and I don't think anybody thinks he didn't want what's best for the club. Conducted himself with class as always, but in the end he just wasn't good enough. Still a legend though.

Mourinho, on the other hand, is just a cnut. Spent more money than any other manager post SAF, won a couple of Mickey Mouse cups (which his fans still celebrate, because "trophies"), achieved an extremely flattering second place, then results went to shit, so he insulted the club, behaved like a cnut as usual, and fecked off. He's the only one of our ex-managers I can't fecking stand, and the only one I actively hope fails in all his future endeavours. Despicable person. And the cult surrounding him makes me loathe him even more.

That's Ole. Do better research next time.

HookedOnAPhelan

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jose-...rainer/781/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=134947

That transfermarkt site you're talking about are counting us as spending 34m for Alexis Sanchez, while it was a swap deal with Mikhi. :lol:

Meanwhile, they're not counting Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo deals for Ole :

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ole-g...ainer/7286/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=223189

Dependable site indeed.
Mate, you're embarrassing yourself here.

1. Yeah, Sanchez is counted as €34m, because we sent Mkhitaryan - an asset - in the other direction. Which obviously means that he didn't come for free. Those €34m also count as sales for Mourinho in the net spend numbers, by the way.

2. I added up the numbers myself. And I looked at the numbers here, season by season, so Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo are all obviously included: https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985

But hey, if it's that important to you that Mourinho is put in the best possible light (even at the expense of club legend Ole) I'll just concede you're right. Feel better?

el3mel

1. Yeah, Sanchez is counted as €34m, because we sent Mkhitaryan - an asset - in the other direction. Those €34m also count as sales for Mourinho in the net spend numbers, by the way.

2. I added up the numbers myself. And I looked at the numbers here, where Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo are all obviously included: https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985

But hey, if it's that important that Mourinho is put in the best possible light (even at the expense of club legend Ole) I'll just concede you're right. Feel better?
Except Mikhi costed us 42m to buy him from BvB, according to your great site, and not 34m. Now enlighten us how this swap is now counted as specifically 34m spent and not the sum of money spent for Mikhi who get sent to Arsenal in replacement if that's your logic.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

1. Yeah, Sanchez is counted as €34m, because we sent Mkhitaryan - an asset - in the other direction. Which obviously means that he didn't come for free. Those €34m also count as sales for Mourinho in the net spend numbers, by the way.

2. I added up the numbers myself. And I looked at the numbers here, season by season, so Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo are all obviously included: https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985

But hey, if it's that important to you that Mourinho is put in the best possible light (even at the expense of club legend Ole) I'll just concede you're right. Feel better?
Oh no, not on Ole's expense. How dare he?

HookedOnAPhelan

Except Mikhi costed us 42m to buy him from BvB, according to your great site, and not 34m. Now enlighten us how this swap is now counted as specifically 34m spent and not the sum of money spent for Mikhi who get sent to Arsenal in replacement if that's your logic.
You should google "depreciation".

Edit: maybe I'm thinking of amortization? Not a native English speaker (or particularly knowledgable about accounting stuff!), and genuinely not sure about the difference here, perhaps an accountant can explain it. But anyway, the point was the decrease of the value of an asset - in this case Mkhitaryan - over time.

Last edited:

el3mel

You should google "depreciation".
So I should also google the answer myself, and not the one who posted the claim from the start ? :lol: Great job. No thanks, count it as much as you want if that makes you feel better about the whole thing.

HookedOnAPhelan

Oh no, not on Ole's expense. How dare he?
This post would work if I was actually defensive about Ole. I'm not at all, despite what that comment might have suggested. Shite manager, but definitely a club legend, and (unlike some other people) I'll support him - or at least give him the benefit of the doubt - any fecking day of the week over a cnut like Mourinho, who has done nothing of significance for the club.

Anyway, last post of the day, which is just as well as I see I'm clearly out of my league being surrounded by geniuses here.

jm99

Can't wait for mourinho's next prsss conference

"What does this mean, one? 1-0, yes, but also one conference league for me, and I win more alone than every other manager combined, respect, man, respect,"

sunama

Baghdad Bob

I agree that the standard in the Conference League is low. No argument, there.
But if we [MUFC] were in it, there is no way that we would make it to the final, let alone win it.

And let's not forget that our last trophies were won under Jose. He left and we spent more money than most teams on the planet and we haven't won a trophy since.

Tap

One more "he speaks the truth". If he spoke truth he would have said how shit he was for the club. All he did was blame everyone and took 0 responsibility.

You are saying "he gets lot of hate", likewise he gets more love than anyone else too and it's baffling to see why. He is a nobody at ManUtd, at least Chelsea fans loving him makes sense as he is a legend for them.
I do agree with you that Jose needed to go in the end as he was caught up in an endless spiral of negativity. The board should have either just sacked him rather than extended his contract Or backed him over the players.

Still, it’s no wonder that he gets the “most love”. Other than revealing truths about the players and culture, he was the most successful manager post Fergie so far.

The other managers do one but not the other, like Ole who hides the club’s problems behind superficial smiles and RR who is blunt but does not deliver.

Leserafim

Supports
AS Roma

Seems to be getting used as some sort of barometer for Jose being a winner when it's not even worth mentioning to his previous trophies :lol:

You'd also think most these cultists didn't live thru his time at us, his last year was soul destroying, and I'm somebody he likes Jose. But it was hard to watch,
If it wasn't because of brighton beating West Ham United would have to try to win that competition next season. Such a big talk from a fans of a club that has been trophyless for half decade. I watched you guys playing , at sorry state you are in , you wouldn't be able to beat half of UECL contestants. Hopefully we meet at UEL next season , we will show you level. We have Mourinho now , not Fonseca.
You think that management is about identifying bad apples and replacing them? And you replace the bad apples until you stumble on good ones, there is no leadership, no management, no mentorship, no motivation, no support? Mourinho wouldn't agree with you because for all his shortcomings, he is a competent manager and SAF would definitely not agree with the nonsense you just shared.

I like the fact that you keep showing that you have no clue about management or any managerial role. It's not rare, many "managers" in all fields are absolutely fraudulent.
Of course Mourinho is a very competent manager , his cv speak for itself. But you guys only focus on him being toxic instead of focusing on why he turned toxic at your club. Imo , he won't turn toxic here at Roma, not when our board let him publicly shitting our players and let him get rid of them, not when our club legend and fanbase consider him as our messiah. The players here has no choice but to follow.
Mourinho has made a football career out of just this - sensing danger and shutting out. I am happy it worked out well for you guys (Roma), but without any disrespect we expect more here, it is just not good enough. Mourinho relies on getting the ball in areas of danger and hope one of his attacking players do the job of scoring the goal. This kind of percentage football in attack, where the chances created are based on pumping balls in areas of danger and relying on individual skill, is so so outdated. The significant reliance on his attacking players to make more of percentage chances is the reason he keeps failing in his 2nd or 3rd season (it's not entirely as simplistic, but its the general idea)., because by then one of his top players will have an off-season and his entire "TACTICAL" system will fail as its focused only on defense. He might win a few cups here and there and when his percentage football fails, he will leave the club with a bunch of bus parkers who are great at shutting out danger but can't string two passes together. A broken team. (that's what he did with us)

We can all agree, Mourinho is a tactically sound manager. He can get the better of any manager (Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti) in a cup run. But his system is not good for dominating low block teams. The difference between his last PL win with Chelsea and now, is the quality of rest of the PL team has significantly improved since. Managers are more organized in defense for his hoof-the-ball-pray-to-god attack to work( he will need 3 Drogbas, with Busquet level play acting to succeed, with VAR and all). The PL teams are not just low-block teams anymore, they are teams who are just as dangerous in nicking it in the offense with a set-piece or a counter. They can do a Mourinho now (the irony of it).

You need controlled aggression to dominate PL. Mourinho and aggression don't go together, not on the pitch at least. I stopped watching football under him, it was like watching a rich brainy Sam Allardyci (LOL) trying to put a dinosaur to sleep. Just checked scores and went to work and lost any love for watching the game. Ole was definitely more entertaining and that says it all.
Weren't we went to the final by beating an EPL side ? Same as fayenoord , Leicester were out of ideas how to break us of ,the same side who battered you guys 4-2. Football is game where you can't lose if you don't let your opponent score and you will always have the chance to win if you kept them zero , that kind of tactic will work in football until judgement day , it can't be outdated.

Last edited: