Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Leserafim

Supports
AS Roma
Nope. It's Mourinho according to Transfermarkt.

Ole:
€458.6m total spend
€320m net spend

Mourinho:
€466.1m total spend
€350m net spend

Do better research next time.
You guys spend the money poorly. Mourinho made like 36 - 40 new signing during his first Chelsea stint and still didn't spend as much , albeit of inflation. At United he can only get 11 players in 3 years , which includes free Zlatan , free Sanchez , and that useless Grant. Which again indicating why he criticized your structure and organization.

What is this backed over players? Only player he couldn't sell was Martial, was it such a big difference maker?

Summer of 2018, Jose wasn't trying to sell Pogba, Pogba came early from vacation and Jose even made him captain.

Other player mostly discusses was Shaw, he wanted to replace him with Rose. One player won ManUtd player of the season twice and made PFA team of the season, other player is Journeyman signed for Watford.

Jose fans picked convenient time to come up with "Jose was right" when players have hit rock bottom, why wasn't there a discussion about players when they were having their best seasons?

So what if Shaw regains form under ETH, Jose will be wrong?

Jose was sacked as results were not good enough, club problems are also due to him. He spent 400+ million and didn't challenge for league. When results are not good, atmosphere won't be good with lot of scapegoating.
That football heritage speech suggest that he didn't even rate half of the squad he had at United i mean look at the players he had at his disposal at Chelsea , Inter or Real Madrid , how is he supposed to rate bunch of loser in your team ? When a manager doesn't rate player sometimes it's not just about footballing ability but also mentality and attitude and application. You are now in a deep shit not because your players has shit footballing ability but because of their shit attitude and mentality , which again suggest that jose was right , the same reason on why he rated Mctominay was because he at least listen to his instructions while the other guy like Pogba doesn't. Oh and about him making Pogba captain was clearly forced by your board. They already on bad terms before the beginning of the season no way he suddenly made him captain without your board pressure. Probably same cause on why Maguire is somehow become your captain as well. And what's wrong with wanting danny rose ? He just played in UCL final that season and even if he ends up fail then sign another one to replace him ? You have the money to do so , why a manager must get the best of his own signing ? Other manager can just get rid of his own signing and replace , no big deal. Don't even dream about Shaw doing well under ETH , he has been in your team for about 8 seasons now , how many good performance he had during those period under 4 different manager ? Shaw has a shit attitude, he couldn't even keep himself in shape. ETH will notice it in no time.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I do agree with you that Jose needed to go in the end as he was caught up in an endless spiral of negativity. The board should have either just sacked him rather than extended his contract Or backed him over the players.

Still, it’s no wonder that he gets the “most love”. Other than revealing truths about the players and culture, he was the most successful manager post Fergie so far.

The other managers do one but not the other, like Ole who hides the club’s problems behind superficial smiles and RR who is blunt but does not deliver.
What is this backed over players? Only player he couldn't sell was Martial, was it such a big difference maker?

Summer of 2018, Jose wasn't trying to sell Pogba, Pogba came early from vacation and Jose even made him captain.

Other player mostly discusses was Shaw, he wanted to replace him with Rose. One player won ManUtd player of the season twice and made PFA team of the season, other player is Journeyman signed for Watford.

Jose fans picked convenient time to come up with "Jose was right" when players have hit rock bottom, why wasn't there a discussion about players when they were having their best seasons?

So what if Shaw regains form under ETH, Jose will be wrong?

Jose was sacked as results were not good enough, club problems are also due to him. He spent 400+ million and didn't challenge for league. When results are not good, atmosphere won't be good with lot of scapegoating.

roonster09

Scout
This post would work if I was actually defensive about Ole. I'm not at all, despite what that comment might have suggested. Shite manager, but definitely a club legend, and (unlike some other people) I'll support him - or at least give him the benefit of the doubt - any fecking day of the week over a cnut like Mourinho, who has done nothing of significance for the club.

Anyway, last post of the day, which is just as well as I see I'm clearly out of my league being surrounded by geniuses here.
People who are very harsh on ole are the same ones who worshipped Jose, somehow they think it was Ole who sacked Jose. How dare he, replaced their lord. They just took out all that frustration on Ole.

Anyways every manager did shit job and had to go, all this rewriting of history is hilarious "omg our lord was correct, what a truth sayer he is" are just embarrassing posts.

Hopefully fans back ETH without divide.

roonster09

Scout
That football heritage speech suggest that he didn't even rate half of the squad he had at United
Signed by the man himself, sums up the guy.

I don't even have to read the remaining part, i know what it says going by your other 2 accounts.

iamking

Weren't we went to the final by beating an EPL side ? Same as fayenoord , Leicester were out of ideas how to break us of ,the same side who battered you guys 4-2. Football is game where you can't lose if you don't let your opponent score and you will always have the chance to win if you kept them zero , that kind of tactic will work in football until judgement day , it can't be outdated.
This 'don't let your opponent score thing' - is not to my liking and I am sure 90% of the United Fans would like to see us play great football and win rather than feeling bored and being happy just checking scores while wining. Elite managers of today are not just about winning, but winning it in style. Jose's tactics are outdated. If Jose was the winner as he was before, people could tolerate him. He is well past his sell-by date.

His 2nd place achievement with us, a self-proclaimed greatest achievement of his career was the biggest myth. The guy finished 19 points behind a 100-point City side while Pool dropped out of the race in search of a CL win(the Karius Final). Almost all of us are happy he is your manager and not ours.

dasty

What ridiculously miserable people you lot are. Mourinho won a trophy with a club that haven't won any in the past decade, their first European trophy in 60 years, yet you all berate them for celebrating? Have a good look at yourself, because you lot look bitter and pathetic. No need to be so insecure and petty. Just because he was not the right manager for us doesn't mean you lot should ridicule and belittle everything that he does. Not even Spurs fans are as bitter and insecure as you lot, and that is saying a lot seeing that we are talking about a club that have not won anything for a very long time.

Congratulations to Mourinho for the trophy, hopefully he can keep improving Roma because that club deserves more success. His team's underlying stats are actually quite good this season, but they need to improve on their shot conversion rate.

roonster09

Scout
Jose winning Conference league is good for him and Roma but imagine using this as why he was right at ManUtd :lol:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
What ridiculously miserable people you lot are. Mourinho won a trophy with a club that haven't won any in the past decade, their first European trophy in 60 years, yet you all berate them for celebrating? Have a good look at yourself, because you lot look bitter and pathetic. No need to be so insecure and petty. Just because he was not the right manager for us doesn't mean you lot should ridicule and belittle everything that he does. Not even Spurs fans are as bitter and insecure as you lot, and that is saying a lot seeing that we are talking about a club that have not won anything for a very long time.

Congratulations to Mourinho for the trophy, hopefully he can keep improving Roma because that club deserves more success. His team's underlying stats are actually quite good this season, but they need to improve on their shot conversion rate.
Sooner manutd win things the better. Otherwise this hatred will be fanned by the man himself. You simply can't avoid him. Every opportunity he get he will remind he was the last one win things with manutd.

::sonny::

Rumors in italy about a big signing for Roma, seems he asked for Ronaldo
But I think fake news

Flexdegea

I agree that the standard in the Conference League is low. No argument, there.
But if we [MUFC] were in it, there is no way that we would make it to the final, let alone win it.

And let's not forget that our last trophies were won under Jose. He left and we spent more money than most teams on the planet and we haven't won a trophy since.

I know all that stuff already.

I also don't give a shit about the conference league if we won it or not. It doesn't constitute a win for me, such a pointless tournament, it's insane the traction Jose is getting for winning it. They've had a average league campaign. Folk talking like proves he a winner, he hasn't won anything off note since Chelsea league win.

He one of the greatest ever in my opinion but absolute strange topic to be bringing up again after this massive win.

It Also has no relevance to what we have done either since then. He didn't make us serious "winners" again either even when we got a couple trophies with him.

Flexdegea

If it wasn't because of brighton beating West Ham United would have to try to win that competition next season. Such a big talk from a fans of a club that has been trophyless for half decade. I watched you guys playing , at sorry state you are in , you wouldn't be able to beat half of UECL contestants. Hopefully we meet at UEL next season , we will show you level. We have Mourinho now , not Fonseca.

Of course Mourinho is a very competent manager , his cv speak for itself. But you guys only focus on him being toxic instead of focusing on why he turned toxic at your club. Imo , he won't turn toxic here at Roma, not when our board let him publicly shitting our players and let him get rid of them, not when our club legend and fanbase consider him as our messiah. The players here has no choice but to follow.

Weren't we went to the final by beating an EPL side ? Same as fayenoord , Leicester were out of ideas how to break us of ,the same side who battered you guys 4-2. Football is game where you can't lose if you don't let your opponent score and you will always have the chance to win if you kept them zero , that kind of tactic will work in football until judgement day , it can't be outdated.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we are shite what the hell are yous, history of winning nothing, now nailed the conference trophy.

Are yous meant to be a serious team now?

Yous finished in the same spot as is, in a weaker league, now you got this weird flex going on that Jose is fearsome these days and yous ready for all comers :lol:

HookedOnAPhelan

You guys spend the money poorly. Mourinho made like 36 - 40 new signing during his first Chelsea stint and still didn't spend as much , albeit of inflation. At United he can only get 11 players in 3 years , which includes free Zlatan , free Sanchez , and that useless Grant. Which again indicating why he criticized your structure and organization.
First of all, €30m in 2004/2005 was very different than €30m in 2017. Mourinho spent €166m during his first summer in charge of Chelsea, €91m in his second and €89m in his third, all giant sums of money at the time, and all more than for example Man Utd had ever spent during a summer at the time (including 2001, when Veron/RvN/Forlan were signed). And that was after the club had spent an obscene, record-breaking €170m on new players the year before he arrived.

Secondly, Sanchez wasn't free. If you have an expensive car, and you decide to swap your car for another expensive car, have you then gotten that car for free?

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Nah. We didn't deserve to beat Villarreal. Comparing both games is ridiculous actually. Do you understand the gap between both teams? We were facing a team who never won a trophy in their entire history. The same can't be said about Real and Bayern.

The 120 min against Villarreal wee awful and we fecked up the game completely. We did nothing to win the game after the equalizer. Villarreal played the game with the target to reach pens and succeeded.
I’m not quite sure what their history has got to do about anything though? You face the opponent before you, you don’t play against history. Claiming historical gap sounds like you expect only teams who have won historically to keep winning

And no, the 120 minutes weren’t awful. We were the better side on the day, maybe we could have done better to win it before pens but Utd was undoubtedly the better side.

It's not to mention this is Europe league and not Champions fecking league and I'm sick of you treating this final as some sort of an achievement worthy to be mentioned. That alone is an enough evidence of how the standards of Man United have went downhill.
So, do we then agree that Mourinho wining the EL isn’t an achievement worth mentioning either since it’s not the Champions fecking League? I don’t know about you but I have the impression most Mourinho fans here consider that his EL win was a fantastic achievement. I think he said something of the sort himself which I therefore guess you think it was an embarrassing statement to make?

Last edited:

Leserafim

Supports
AS Roma
This 'don't let your opponent score thing' - is not to my liking and I am sure 90% of the United Fans would like to see us play great football and win rather than feeling bored and being happy just checking scores while wining. Elite managers of today are not just about winning, but winning it in style. Jose's tactics are outdated. If Jose was the winner as he was before, people could tolerate him. He is well past his sell-by date.

His 2nd place achievement with us, a self-proclaimed greatest achievement of his career was the biggest myth. The guy finished 19 points behind a 100-point City side while Pool dropped out of the race in search of a CL win(the Karius Final). Almost all of us are happy he is your manager and not ours.
I enjoy a good organized defensive display as much as i enjoy attacking football so his style doesn't bother me one bit. How did you think madrid won today ? That kind of football will never be outdated no matter how hard the media try to brainwash football fans about it , pragmatism will work in football till doomsday doesn't care about whether you like it or not .At least under Mourinho you can defend , now that he is long gone you are not an attacking, not a pressing side , not a defensive side , you are just a mediocre side who struggles against literally any pro footballing team heavily depends on Ronaldo scoring out of nothing. United are a club that well past their sell date . I don't believe one bit that Mourinho is finished , he can't possibly be finished when he was massively overachieved at such a bad footballing side , that 81 points he got there was overachieved , i don't think any manager can achieve the same for the next 10 years and don't even dream of ETH can surpass it , not until you change your whole club structure into a proper footballing club.
Signed by the man himself, sums up the guy.

I don't even have to read the remaining part, i know what it says going by your other 2 accounts.
Then sign another player to replace them ? What's the problem , Any other club does it , did anyone even criticized tuchel for failing to bring the best out of lukaku ? Changing top manager like Mourinho doesn't solve the problem when he isn't the one kicking the ball on the pitch, you have money to spent , spent it until you get right players. Conte just sign 33 years old Perisic and all the twats who thinks 28 years old Perisic was too old for united now is saying it's a great signing. Change the manager name into Mourinho you would get 180 degrees different narrative , about him ruining youth and all the bs.

Exactly, we actually played great football when we want , Inter was the only club with better XG than us last season, but we also have to grind out results when necessary, Mourinho will build us into a great side within 3 seasons , we trust him completely.
Jose winning Conference league is good for him and Roma but imagine using this as why he was right at ManUtd :lol:
Why did you speak like United level isn't conference league ? Without Brighton help you would be there next season.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we are shite what the hell are yous, history of winning nothing, now nailed the conference trophy.

Are yous meant to be a serious team now?

Yous finished in the same spot as is, in a weaker league, now you got this weird flex going on that Jose is fearsome these days and yous ready for all comers :lol:
We are on upward trajectory, you are on downward spiral , you played like a serie A relegation sides these days nobody scared to play against you. Just nothing but a history merchant club. You were actually on upward trajectory under Jose but you bottled it by siding with players instead of continue building with him.

Congratulations to Ancelotti for winning UCL. Same as Mourinho, he was considered as finished manager last season because he failed with shit english team. Form is temporary , class is permanent while the hipster manager lost yet again , losing 4 out of 5 European final throughout his career despite using up-to-date tactic. At the end of the days , he only won 2 tinpot trophies ( that too by penalties, score 0 goals in 3 finals ) this season which some of you here don't even count as an achievement. So much for a modern manager with sexy attacking football they said. 4 trophies in 8 years , if it was mourinho you would call him finished and outdated dinosaur.

Last edited:

Pintu

So, do we then agree that Mourinho wining the EL isn’t an achievement worth mentioning either since it’s not the Champions fecking League? I don’t know about you but I have the impression most Mourinho fans here consider that his EL win was a fantastic achievement. I think he said something of the sort himself which I therefore guess you think it was an embarrassing statement to make?
United has the budget and the players to be pushing above the EL. But once you find yourself in the EL, there is no excuse for not winning it. Especially if the competition is Villarreal. United didn’t face one single team that wasn’t running on a wage bill 3/4 times lower both in 17 and in 21... So yes Mourinho had to win the 2017 and he did. Olé had to win it in 2021 and he failed.

In 2020 I can understand Olé bottling it. Sevilla is a better team than Villarreal and Inter was a worthy opponent in the final… So it would have been a good achievement to win that. Higher than the 2017. Unfortunately Olé failed there. But I don’t hold it against him.

On the other hand, the 2020/2021 European run was a disgrace. First getting ridiculed in the CL group stage was a catastrophe, and then failing to score more against f***g Villarreal was a huge failure. Olé bottled so many semis and then allowed that final to go to shootouts.

The gap between United and Villarreal last Year was much bigger than the gap between Roma Feyenoord. And yesterday we saw how Mourinho managed the final he had to win for Roma. We can respect that.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Then sign another player to replace them ? What's the problem , Any other club does it , did anyone even criticized tuchel for failing to bring the best out of lukaku ? Changing top manager like Mourinho doesn't solve the problem when he isn't the one kicking the ball on the pitch, you have money to spent , spent it until you get right players. Conte just sign 33 years old Perisic and all the twats who thinks 28 years old Perisic was too old for united now is saying it's a great signing. Change the manager name into Mourinho you would get 180 degrees different narrative , about him ruining youth and all the bs.
Then sign another player :lol:

I don't know about twats but I think it's the twats who can't see difference between signing a player as attacking 3 and wingback, and might be twats who can't see difference between Jose who can't get more than sum of its parts and Conte who won league with Moses as wingback.

roonster09

Scout
Why did you speak like United level isn't conference league ? Without Brighton help you would be there next season.
Bs just like your entire post, table never lies. We are in Europa league because that's our level last season.

Last day of the season isn't entire season, it's 38 games and table shows which team was consistent enough to finish in their position.

Pintu

and might be twats who can't see difference between Jose who can't get more than sum of its parts and Conte who won league with Moses as wingback.
Conte is the better coach currently. Or at least, he is still in his prime as one would put it... But you can't be dismissing Mourinho as "someone who can't get more than sum " in the same week he put an end to Roma's 14-years long trophy drought.

roonster09

Scout
Conte is the better coach currently. Or at least, he is still in his prime as one would put it... But you can't be dismissing Mourinho as "someone who can't get more than sum " in the same week he put an end to Roma's 14-years long trophy drought.
Winning Conference league won't change that. League position is the indicator of consistency.

Conte is better coach since 2013 or let's say 2016.

el3mel

I’m not quite sure what their history has got to do about anything though? You face the opponent before you, you don’t play against history. Claiming historical gap sounds like you expect only teams who have won historically to keep winning

And no, the 120 minutes weren’t awful. We were the better side on the day, maybe we could have done better to win it before pens but Utd was undoubtedly the better side.

No one of us has put winning the EL back then as some sort of an indication we are good in Europe as what you are trying to do forcing us reaching an EL final after getting out of CL group stage (which wasn't the case in 2017 by the way) as some sort of an achievement that means we have been performing well in European competitions. It's a nice trophy to win but winning it doesn't change anything from the fact we have been godawful in Europe since 2011.

Winning it isn't embarrassing. It's the embarrassing thing that we keep mentioning this final as some sort of success when we couldn't even win it and more importantly, we got the chance to reach it after fecking up our CL group, which is more of an indication we are awful in Europe.

United wasn't "undoubtedly" the better side. Villarreal were playing with the plan of reaching the PKs in mind. Their plan succeeded. Tactically they outsmarted us.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
United has the budget and the players to be pushing above the EL. But once you find yourself in the EL, there is no excuse to not winning it. Especially if the competition is Villarreal. United didn’t face one single team that wasn’t running on a wage bill 3/4 times lower both in 17 and in 21... So yes Mourinho had to win the 2017 and he did. Olé has to win it in 2021 and he failed.

In 2020 I can understand Olé bottling it. Sevilla is a better team than Villarreal and Inter would have been a worthy opponent in the final… So it would have been a nice achievement to win that. Higher than the 2017. Unfortunately Olé failed there. But I can’t hold it against him.

But the 2020/2021 European run was a disgrace. First getting Ko:d of the group stage in the. CL was a catastrophe, and then failing to score more against f***g Villarreal was a huge failure. Olé bottled so many semis and then allowed that final to go to shootouts.

The gap between United and Villarreal last Year was much bigger than the gap between Roma Feyenoord. And yesterday we saw how Mourinho managed the final he had to win for Roma. We can respect that.
I get all what you’re saying, I just want to be sure we both agree that winning the EL with United isn’t a fantastic achievement.

SirAF

Ageist

This, it's been five days now :lol:

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
No one of us has put winning the EL back then as some sort of an indication we are good in Europe as what you are trying to do forcing us reaching an EL final after getting out of CL group stage (which wasn't the case in 2017 by the way) as some sort of an achievement that means we have been performing well in European competitions. It's a nice trophy to win but winning it doesn't change anything from the fact we have been godawful in Europe since 2011.

Winning it isn't embarrassing. It's the embarrassing thing that we keep mentioning this final as some sort of success when we couldn't even win it and more importantly, we got the chance to reach it after fecking up our CL group, which is more of an indication we are awful in Europe.

United wasn't "undoubtedly" the better side. Villarreal were playing with the plan of reaching the PKs in mind. Their plan succeeded. Tactically they outsmarted us.
Once again, I think you mean we have been awful in the CL not in Europe. Just for the sake of clarity, excuse me if I’m being pedantic.

So, is that you agreeing with me that it was nice to win it but Mourinho winning it shouldn’t be classified in any way as a fantastic achievement? Also, it was embarrassing of him to claim it was anything of the sort, wasn’t it? I just want some sort of coherence between how both finals are considered.

The team playing to take a match to pens will never be considered as being better in football. Also, I think Ajax actually were the better side in the final we won although we are supposedly vastly superior to them, I’m not sure how winning the way we did was anything but an embarrassment.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
This, it's been five days now :lol:
It’s a football forum, aren’t we allowed to discuss our views about football? The thread was bumped by people praising Mourinho after the win, it was bound to open a discussion about him, whether he was our former manager or not, but he’s actually our former manager who left us in a very bad state so you shouldn’t be surprised.

roonster09

Scout
It’s a football forum, aren’t we allowed to discuss our views about football? The thread was bumped by people praising Mourinho after the win, it was bound to open a discussion about him, whether he was our former manager or not, but he’s actually our former manager who left us in a very bad state so you shouldn’t be surprised.
Posts are not even against Jose's or Roma celebration, all the arguments are about Jose's level and his ManUtd time. Usual posts for the sake of it.

SirAF

Ageist
By all means, it's just funny seeing posters that hate this man so much waste so much time on him!

fergosaurus

Well said. I can understand why some don't like him but the obsession and bitterness is very strange.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
By all means, it's just funny seeing posters that hate this man so much waste so much time on him!
If he wasn’t a former manager of our club who left us in a horrible state and publicly insulted us after an embarrassing defeat it would be funny but you don’t expect people to stay indifferent about posts praising him when they don’t have fond memories of him.

Foxbatt

Once again, I think you mean we have been awful in the CL not in Europe. Just for the sake of clarity, excuse me if I’m being pedantic.

So, is that you agreeing with me that it was nice to win it but Mourinho winning it shouldn’t be classified in any way as a fantastic achievement? Also, it was embarrassing of him to claim it was anything of the sort, wasn’t it? I just want some sort of coherence between how both finals are considered.

The team playing to take a match to pens will never be considered as being better in football. Also, I think Ajax actually were the better side in the final we won although we are supposedly vastly superior to them, I’m not sure how winning the way we did was anything but an embarrassment.
No Ajax was not the better side. We controlled the game most of the time. Fellaini in midfield was unplayable. Jose's tactics were spot on. That said United was right in sacking him once they didn't back him. I don't think he is going to last too long at Roma either. Jose is normally instant success. For Roma who has not won anything it's a huge achievement. Now he is in the EL next season we can see how he does it in it.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Well said. I can understand why some don't like him but the obsession and bitterness is very strange.
And what makes it even more bizzare is that for many, it is their focus on one CL match against Seville that they keep going on and on about.
I made my views very clear.
It was a missed opportunity for both United and Jose. But in the end, it had gone too far and he had to go.
But it is the way they airbrush the successes and focus on that 1 game. And of course the fact that he wanted to replace the totally useless Martial with Perisic...

fergosaurus

And what makes it even more bizzare is that for many, it is their focus on one CL match against Seville that they keep going on and on about.
It was a missed opportunity for both United and Jose. But in the end, it had gone too far and he had to go.
But it is the way they airbrush the successes and focus on that 1 game. And of course the fact that he wanted to replace the totally useless Martial with Perisic...
I agree. His stint with us continues to look better as time passes but it was the correct decision to sack him. I was completely against replacing Martial at the time but in hindsight it was probably for the best seeing as Perisic is not only a better player but has a mentality our squad is sorely lacking.

iamking

I enjoy a good organized defensive display as much as i enjoy attacking football so his style doesn't bother me one bit. How did you think madrid won today ? That kind of football will never be outdated no matter how hard the media try to brainwash football fans about it , pragmatism will work in football till doomsday doesn't care about whether you like it or not .At least under Mourinho you can defend , now that he is long gone you are not an attacking, not a pressing side , not a defensive side , you are just a mediocre side who struggles against literally any pro footballing team heavily depends on Ronaldo scoring out of nothing. United are a club that well past their sell date . I don't believe one bit that Mourinho is finished , he can't possibly be finished when he was massively overachieved at such a bad footballing side , that 81 points he got there was overachieved , i don't think any manager can achieve the same for the next 10 years and don't even dream of ETH can surpass it , not until you change your whole club structure into a proper footballing club.

Exactly, we actually played great football when we want , Inter was the only club with better XG than us last season, but we also have to grind out results when necessary, Mourinho will build us into a great side within 3 seasons , we trust him completely.

We are on upward trajectory, you are on downward spiral , you played like a serie A relegation sides these days nobody scared to play against you. Just nothing but a history merchant club. You were actually on upward trajectory under Jose but you bottled it by siding with players instead of continue building with him.

Congratulations to Ancelotti for winning UCL. Same as Mourinho, he was considered as finished manager last season because he failed with shit english team. Form is temporary , class is permanent while the hipster manager lost yet again , losing 4 out of 5 European final throughout his career despite using up-to-date tactic. At the end of the days , he only won 2 tinpot trophies ( that too by penalties, score 0 goals in 3 finals ) this season which some of you here don't even count as an achievement. So much for a modern manager with sexy attacking football they said. 4 trophies in 8 years , if it was mourinho you would call him finished and outdated dinosaur.
The Conference Tin Pot is the biggest European Cup Roma has ever won in their entire history and you are out here criticizing our worst run. Mourinho is finished, you will find this out soon. If you enjoy watching defensive football so be it, stop lecturing about media brain washing when I know what I see in a football pitch. Mourinho serves turd in the football field and his cult is brainwashed into thinking its some polished brown gem. Don't compare Ancelotti's win yesterday with Mourinho. Ancelotti plays Klopps attacking machine pragmatically to win the Cup, Mourinho would play the same vs West Brom and Stoke City. BIG BIG Difference. He has lost the plot since getting fired from Chelsea. I hope he gets some of his magic touch back, I really do, as he WAS a very good manager and the game is better with him in it. But to manage a team of our stature is not happening again. That Ship has sailed.

iamking

He is literally managing a team that will also play Europa League next year

/semi-joke
The difference is straight forward. We feel gutted to be in EL, while am certain Roma fans are ecstatic about the EL (and the tinpot win)

Last edited:

el3mel

I don't remember anyone here saying it's a fantastic achievement. Why don't you stop inventing things out of your mind or saying things no one said ? Saying it's a nice trophy to win doesn't equate it being "fantastic achievement", ffs. Things aren't black and white. Mourinho himself just said after that Conference League final that it was expected for Man United to win EL :

"The great thing about my career is that, aside from the Europa League with Manchester United, doing it with Porto, Inter and Roma is very, very, very special," Mourinho said.

"It is one thing to win when everyone expects it, when you made the investments to win, but it's quite another to win when something feels immortal, that feels truly special.
Since when reaching advanced stages in the 2nd tier European competition while facing teams far worse than you in terms of budge, players quality and experience mean you're good in Europe ? Especially when you drop to this 2nd tier competition after fecking up your CL group. What, are you expecting us to be KOed by Real Sociedad and Garanada ? We were a CL team. It's the bare minimum to win this competition at this condition, literally.

The difference between Mourinho and Ole is that one of them managed to achieve the expectation and win this competition while the other bottled it twice (while not performing any better in CL at the time).

Well Villareal had to play like this because they're far inferior to us in terms of money and players available. At the end of the day they executed their plan and succeeded, flawlessly as well. When we faced Ajax we had a plan and executed it as well. What was Man United plan to win against Villareal ?

Leserafim

Supports
AS Roma
Then sign another player :lol:

I don't know about twats but I think it's the twats who can't see difference between signing a player as attacking 3 and wingback, and might be twats who can't see difference between Jose who can't get more than sum of its parts and Conte who won league with Moses as wingback.
So just because you think conte is better then :
Conte wanted 33 years old Perisic = good
Mourinho wanted 28 years old Perisic = bad
It's the same Ivan Perisic , not his brother.

Conte has 0 european trophy in his career , he is obviously the lesser manager compared so i don't know why people are more eager to back him instead of Jose ,if he was the one asking for players , they be like "anything for you my dear" when it was Jose they be like " work with what you have" , Conte already got like 5-6 new signing at spurs in span of 6 months and already got rid of anyone jose didn't rate such as dele alli and ndombele , the same fanbase would be mad if it was jose who did it.
This is why United and spurs fanbase is a bullshit , we at Roma here won't doubt whoever he wanted to sign or get rid of , we , our fans , our club and our board are fully behind him If he wanted to sign 39 years old injury prone CB then so be it, if he wanted to get rid of 20 year old potential talent then so be it ,no questions will be asked. Backing a manager should be unconditional. If you still asking why buy this guy , why sell this guy then that's not backing. Mourinho has never been properly backed at his latest 2 job.

Perisic was better winger than either Martial or Rashford ( both of them are inside forward not particularly a winger ) and anyone who didn't see the need of a pure winger at United back then ,must havent much understanding about football. He was one of the best pure winger back then and now also one of the best wingback. Funny thing was i read the reason Ed Woodward didn't brought him was because he didn't think Perisic was good enough for marketing purpose which i am pretty sure it was affected by fanbase opinion towards Perisic. Probably that's when Jose realize your club is finished. He is a great signing for Spurs and will help them tremendously. I think you guys will have to stick to UEL for long time
Winning Conference league won't change that. League position is the indicator of consistency.

Conte is better coach since 2013 or let's say 2016.
He won it with AS Roma , Conte couldn't even win UEL with Inter after signing like 22 new players and cause them economic crisis
If he left you in very bad state , Ole wouldn't even enjoy a new manager bound and winning like 10 straight games , it's obvious that was thanks to Jose coaching & tactic without your players downtooling , not possible for ole to implement system and tactic right away , wasn't ole said he doesn't coach the team anyway ? If any it was Ole who left you in very bad state looking at how bad Rangnick interm stint was
It was still 0-0 against sevilla before Mourinho put Pogba in and that virus let the their assister went pass him without trying to track back. He should have kept that cnut on the bench instead.
The Conference Tin Pot is the biggest European Cup Roma has ever won in their entire history and you are out here criticizing our worst run. Mourinho is finished, you will find this out soon. If you enjoy watching defensive football so be it, stop lecturing about media brain washing when I know what I see in a football pitch. Mourinho serves turd in the football field and his cult is brainwashed into thinking its some polished brown gem. Don't compare Ancelotti's win yesterday with Mourinho. Ancelotti plays Klopps attacking machine pragmatically to win the Cup, Mourinho would play the same vs West Brom and Stoke City. BIG BIG Difference. He has lost the plot since getting fired from Chelsea. I hope he gets some of his magic touch back, I really do, as he WAS a very good manager and the game is better with him in it. But to manage a team of our stature is not happening again. That Ship has sailed.
Conference league is the first Roma European Cup since 60 years ago so of course it's huge for them , and no, a lie told thousands time is still a lie , Mourinho isn't finished , it's United who are finished. You can't accept the fact that your club is finished, can't accept the fact that he was massively overachieved that's why you keep saying "Mourinho is finished" to make yourself feel better , while at the same time he will turn us into great side again but this time , a great side that actually won things, there is no doubt about it.

Keep the same energy to Ten Haag , he must work with what he has ,and win trophy in his first season , he must surpass Mourinho achievement or sack. He is a modern manager with modern tactic after all ,no excuse.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
So just because you think conte is better then :
Conte wanted 33 years old Perisic = good
Mourinho wanted 28 years old Perisic = bad
It's the same Ivan Perisic , not his brother.

Conte has 0 european trophy in his career , he is obviously the lesser manager compared so i don't know why people are more eager to back him instead of Jose ,if he was the one asking for players , they be like "anything for you my dear" when it was Jose they be like " work with what you have" , Conte already got like 5-6 new signing at spurs in span of 6 months and already got rid of anyone jose didn't rate such as dele alli and ndombele , the same fanbase would be mad if it was jose who did it.
This is why United and spurs fanbase is a bullshit , we at Roma here won't doubt whoever he wanted to sign or get rid of , we , our fans , our club and our board are fully behind him If he wanted to sign 39 years old injury prone CB then so be it, if he wanted to get rid of 20 year old potential talent then so be it ,no questions will be asked. Backing a manager should be unconditional. If you still asking why buy this guy , why sell this guy then that's not backing. Mourinho has never been properly backed at his latest 2 job.
Difference one manager is signing him on free transfer and wants him to play as wingback, other wanted to sign him as winger and wanted to spend 50+ million and that too in pre-Neymar transfer market.

Jose isn't backed is nonsense and I won't be repeating same posts again, I already had this discussion with you when you logged in as Loida. I won't repeat same thing again.

Don't care about the other bs in your post, there is a reason why Jose is at Roma, old Jose wouldn't have even spat in Roma direction as it was beneath him. For you Jose is king and he can do no wrong, for others he can and he has done plenty of mistakes. His career is on downward trajectory, that's why he is at Roma and soon it will be Torino and then Speiza.

Conte is miles better manager than Jose and it's the case since 2016. Winning conference league changes nothing, how many league titles did Jose win in last 7 years? How many title challenges?