Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
As much as his football can be labelled anti-football, i think he'd win the CL with PSG. It would be dire football, but his tactics work well in knockout competitions.
You're assuming those PSG players would all be on board. Not just the football he would ask of them, but his personality as well. No chance.

justsomebloke

This was from ETH a few days ago

Compare that to what Mourinho was doing yesterday, from the first minute. Constantly hounding the refs, moaning about every little thing. It was pissing me off. I'm glad he lost, the twat.

And now I see he's trying to engineer his way out of Roma. Ah some things never change eh! For someone who claims to love football, he's looks so miserable. Think he needs a break from the game.
Hope he gets slapped with sanctions of some sort, not least because of his words and actions after the game - disgraceful and ridiculous in equal measure. What a prick.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

As much as his football can be labelled anti-football, i think he'd win the CL with PSG. It would be dire football, but his tactics work well in knockout competitions.
The stars would need to align for that to happen. Basically, all of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich not progressing a single inch from this season, Liverpool still being in transition and City struggling to motivate themselves after three consecutive PL titles and a CL trophy. It's just too many obstacles in the way. People often point to Simeone, but Atlético, despite having lost their way a bit lately, can offer more things tactically. But it would make for good entertainment to see him trying to convince the likes of Mbappé and Neymar to play the kind of football he tried yesterday for a whole season or two.

The Hilton

We lost because of our incredible wastefulness in front of the goal in the first leg which should have ended like 4-0. We always make the mistake of sitting back near the end which is something we should be working on. They were lucky in the first leg but completely outplayed in the second leg. I didn't see anything cynical other than the usual timewasting stuff in the second leg.
It was more than that though, we were wasteful yes, but they scored 2 of the flukiest goals I've ever seen in the first leg, and several of our key players were suspended for nothing challenges or were injured out of nowhere, and their replacements were targeted in the second leg so that huge amount of first leg luck led directly to our being outplayed.

As for their cynicism, we'll have to agree to disagree, they were at it from the first minute of the first match, and were no better than Roma in the final.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Back in 2013

“I don’t want to win the Europa League,” Mourinho told the BBC on Tuesday.

“If I win the Europa League it will be a big disappointment for me because I don’t want to play in it.

“I don’t want my players to feel the Europa League is our competition.”

criticalanalysis

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Sevilla would be in pot 1 due to winning the Europa right? Reckon they might be the easiest pot 1 team in the Champions League next year?
The kind of bogey team they've become to us, I feel that we'll end up in the same group. My paranoia makes me think that they'll again beat us in the decider that will make us finish 2nd in the group or get one of our important players sent off before the knockout stages:(

I remember Villareal was the bogey team around 2006 or so and we just couldn't beat them. Sevilla have taken that spot now.

Zoo

This is what he incites. UEFA needs to punish him heavily.

Cloud7

Football fans in being top class idiots once more. Shocker.

It's even more depressing when you read the vast majority of replies to the tweet with people justifying this by saying that he should have done his job better.

How stupid can people be.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

When you have coaches like Mourinho stoking this without a penalty this is what is results to

Same way Anders Frisk was getting death threats and had to retire because of Mourinho back in 2005.

How does the next ref of a Mourinho game go about his job without fearing what will happen to his safety and family

Idxomer

He has always been a despicable character, the way he and his bench acted all game was disgraceful.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
And that's what that miserable tw*t of a coach has instigated. UEFA should throw the book at him. Absolute scummy behaviour from the Roma fans.

Djemba-Djemba

I think because he's been pretty irrelevant for the last 4 or 5 years, and in terms of winning the really big trophies it's close to a decade since he was relevant, people have softened towards him and forgotten what he really is. You get a lot of "oh what a character Jose is" etc these days.

He's a terrible loser with a poisonous personality that has a long history of terrible behaviour like this.

UEFA have to do something about this, what disgraceful scenes.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Absolutely disgraceful. I'm no fan of Taylor, (though you lot might be...) He did a decent job in the final.

Maybe too shy with cards, that's how big games are being refereed now.

Mourinho should get a permanent ban from the touchline in UEFA competition.

Djemba-Djemba

Absolutely disgraceful. I'm no fan of Taylor, (though you lot might be...) He did a decent job in the final.

Maybe too shy with cards, that's how big games are being refereed now.

Mourinho should get a permanent ban from the touchline in UEFA competition.
Bet you loved Martin Atkinson though eh?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
What fecking decision are they even annoyed with? It was an impossible game to ref due to the sheer bellendry from both sets of cnuts - did I fall asleep due to the absolute borefest of shithousery that was on offer and miss a controversial decision?

Djemba-Djemba

Drogba was miles on...

Anyway, Chicharito scored about 50 offside goals for utd alone, can't get everything your way.
Atkinson robbed us at Stamford bridge about 5 years running, wasn't just a miles offside goal he fecked us over for.

Anyway, that's for a different thread.

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
That video was painful to watch. I hope there will be sanctions.

RedChisel

Shit like that is why I'm close to turning my back on football. A ridiculous toxic sport followed by idiots.

VWW

Near the end of the vid you can see drinks being thrown and two blokes trying to get close enough to spit on him and his family. Absolutely disgusting. Uefa really need to make an example out of him (Mourinho).

Roma as a football club needs to come out against this. What a bunch of cowards.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
When you have coaches like Mourinho stoking this without a penalty this is what is results to

Same way Anders Frisk was getting death threats and had to retire because of Mourinho back in 2005.

How does the next ref of a Mourinho game go about his job without fearing what will happen to his safety and family
The comments are a combination of cognitive dissonance and downright disgusting fandom

Brophs

The One and Only
When people laugh at Mourinho’s antics, they ignore the fact that this is the direct result of his behaviour. He’s a vile narcissist who doesn’t care whose life he damages. He told lies about that ref all those years ago, causing him to retire and he’s no more evolved now than he was then.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s an absolutely toxic scumbag. He was the worst thing to happen to Utd especially when we had to deal with his even more toxic cult like followers. Those were some of the darkest days on this forum and he’s never changed since.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Mourinho arguably reason for this. Yes i have seen the above, just adding holt’s thoughts to it

RedRocket9908

I doubt Jose will be Roma manager for much longer after the events that occured last night, there has been talk of him moving to PSG but they might look elsewhere now if he is going to be facing a lengthy ban from UEFA.

soulfox63

Why did UEFA leave Taylor to run the gauntlet at the airport ? Shocking.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
What fecking decision are they even annoyed with? It was an impossible game to ref due to the sheer bellendry from both sets of cnuts - did I fall asleep due to the absolute borefest of shithousery that was on offer and miss a controversial decision?
I think the retake for the saved shootout penalty is the main point of contention. It did seem harsh but Roma had already missed two or three at that point. They were toast.

There may have been a handball as well but as noted Roma's penalties in the shootout were shite and the only good thing they did was Dybala's goal. Seville played them off the park in the second half and most of the Seville pens were great.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Mourinho arguably reason for this. Yes i have seen the above, just adding holt’s thoughts to it

This is absolutely horrific.

UEFA should punish both Mourinho and Roma. Probably make an example out of them.

Mourinho has probably gone bit too far this time. I can see referees not giving any 50/50 decision to his team going forward.

fergosaurus

That's disgusting behaviour, regardless of what you think of Taylor's performance. Mourinho should be held accountable to some degree over this.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Hard game to manage/referee when both teams are acting like complete thundercnuts.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think the retake for the saved shootout penalty is the main point of contention. It did seem harsh but Roma had already missed two or three at that point. They were toast.

There may have been a handball as well but as noted Roma's penalties in the shootout were shite and the only good thing they did was Dybala's goal. Seville played them off the park in the second half and most of the Seville pens were great.
I didn’t think it was handball - arms were in a natural position. The keeper looked to clearly have two feet off his line from what I saw? Everyone knows that VAR check every penalty save so not sure how it was harsh. They’re the rules. Admittedly I didn’t see a replay so maybe he did have a foot touching the line. Like you say - they were finished anyway and that had nothing to do with Taylor as it was VAR.

horse_pills

Understandable that the losing team would be aggrieved. Usually how it works
Being "aggreived" is one thing. Physically and verbally abusing referees and their families (and generally behaving like animals) is another