Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Keith Hackett wants Mourinho to get a 10 game stadium ban and for Roma to have a European ban for 1 or 2 seasons. Can't say I disagree with Hackett. For what it's worth, I think authorities need to do away with touchline bans and impose stadium bans for managers who stuff up in regards to their treatment of officials.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Keith Hackett wants Mourinho to get a 10 game stadium ban and for Roma to have a European ban for 1 or 2 seasons. Can't say I disagree with Hackett. For what it's worth, I think authorities need to do away with touchline bans and impose stadium bans for managers who stuff up in regards to their treatment of officials.
I reckon extended training ground bans would be where the impact is felt the most.

Oranges038

Jose would just setup his laundry service again.

Real Name

It isn’t just the fans it’s the entire administration- they are spineless as are several other clubs in modern day football when managing fan violence and aggression.
Could you elaborate on that some more?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I agree with Hackett.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I fully disagree he used to be both funny, witty and charming. He is absolutely insufferable these days.
Him being funny was mostly him trying to humiliate someone else or having digs at someone else, but because he was winning it didn't make much sense calling him bitter, but the MO is the same I think.

arthurka

Him being funny was mostly him trying to humiliate someone else or having digs at someone else, but because he was winning it didn't make much sense calling him bitter, but the MO is the same I think.
I don´t think so he was pretty much bang on the money every single time he spoke.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I don´t think so he was pretty much bang on the money every single time he spoke.
OK, we'll just disagree on this one. I remember well how he talked about refs since his porto days. Porto ultras even visited the refs academy and wrote threatening messages outside.

arthurka

OK, we'll just disagree on this one. I remember well how he talked about refs since his porto days. Porto ultras even visited the refs academy and wrote threatening messages outside.
Yes I do.. Remember Fergie? Top managers do it all the time.

Loon

:lol:
It's not even if Taylor made a truly contentious decision which cost them the game. His tactics did that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He wasn't, not every single time he spoke. He spoke so much crap that one can mistake his mouth for his ass.

He insulted so many managers playing down their achievements, same achievements now he is trying to elevate to elite level.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Roma played sh*t, got a goal and then continued to play even sh*tter but ,sure, it's Taylor's fault they lost.

arthurka

He wasn't, not every single time he spoke. He spoke so much crap that one can mistake his mouth for his ass.

He insulted so many managers playing down their achievements, same achievements now he is trying to elevate to elite level.
I think people have forgot how entertaining and full throttle he was when he began. Don´t like him much but he was nothing like he is today,

Idxomer

People used to say he talks shit about the refs to take the heat off his players when this approach has always been about him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think people have forgot how entertaining and full throttle he was when he began. Don´t like him much but he was nothing like he is today,
Ofcourse he was entertaining, he was also full of shit at times.

Whatever he spat at, he started worshipping same things.

MoskvaRed

I think UEFA do need to send out a strong message here in support of their referees as I fear we may see an even uglier incident if this is allowed to pass.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
This was Mourinho after defeating Man Utd in 2004. Maybe people forgot but he has always been like this. Putting down other managers. Check a list of managers he has fought disrespected or insulted

Following his Porto side's win over United in the Champions League back in 2004 - the game referred to in his post-match press conference on Tuesday - Mourinho said: "I understand why Ferguson is a bit emotional.

"He has some top players in the world and they should be doing a lot better than that. You would be really sad if your team gets clearly dominated as that by an opponent who has been built on maybe ten per cent of the budget."

pastyfool

Just heard an incredible stat. 13 red cards issued to the Roma bench (back room staff, subs etc) this season.
That's depressing.

I remember many moons ago watching the final between Celtic and Porto (I had no dog in the fight). I remember as the game went on my anger and rage towards Porto kept growing by their non-footballing football. That was my first introduction to 'The Special One'. Sad that his name will be in the record books as a manager at UTD. Funny enough, chatted to a couple of mates earlier (both Spurs fans). They despise him.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Guess you all have forgotten the touchline celebration at OT, or the crap he said when Petr Cech got the head injury

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was entertaining but he spoke a lot of nonsense.

Djemba-Djemba

Guess you all have forgotten the touchline celebration at OT, or the crap he said when Petr Cech got the head injury
I also remember him in 2007 mocking Ronaldo for being uneducated and bringing up his difficult childhood because they had a little spat.

He's always been a total cnut, he just used to get away with it more because he was incredibly successful.

glasgow 21

There were something like 30.000 Roma fans in Budapest, lots of them without tickets. Hundreds were peacefully waiting at the airport to fly back home. Literally two lowlifes escalate things to physical violence and now everyone is to blame? You can't stop everyone from doing bad things (like the idiots that threw stuff at players from both ends). Also, where the feck was the security?
This is on the organisers. The safety of the Referees & associates should surely must have been paramount in any risk assessment plan. What was Taylor and family doing in proximity to the disgruntled fans. I'm not blaming Taylor at all, surely Uefa is 100% at fault especially after Mourinho had words hightened the issue , someone somewhere must have thought that this isn't a great idea.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We can add his disgusting personal attack on Ronaldo’s upbringing to the list in an attempt to unsettle Ronaldo during the title race in 2006/07. When they asked Fergie in the following press conference what he thought about it he said his comments were so below the belt that they don’t deserve any reaction.
Convinced by their shared agent Mendes Mourinho finally had to apologise to Ronaldo.
He was only “funny” because he was good. Which stopped being the case a decade ago.

BorisManUtd

Watched the game and it was surely difficult for Taylor to officiate it. He made a mistake giving Sevilla penalty but VAR overturned it. Then there's that handball that could've been penalty for Roma, but it's not a stonewall penalty. VAR looked at it anyways, it's not on referee on the pitch if they decided that's not a pen. Thought Roma had few very good chances that they couldn't put away and then were poor at taking penalties. That lost them the game.

Some say it's not Mourinho's fault those fans attacked Taylor and his daughter but Trump never stormed Capitol himself, however things he said influenced his supporters to do it. Jose should be fined and Roma as a club as well. He's 60 and can't behave like that hours after the game, no excuse.

Someone

Something
I almost started liking him again but he's one of those people the more you see them the less you could stand them.

Don't think Taylor did anything controversial to impact the game. Mourinho made it difficult with all the shithousery, and he wanted it to go to penalties against fecking Bounou. I don't mind sore losers but he could've caused a lot of harm by his actions. Incitements of this kind could get someone killed someday.

Fabio Rochemback

We’re still seeing horrible decisions every single weekend
Not really. Some slip through the cracks of course but before VAR, I would estimate close to half of EPL had at least one blatantly incorrect major decision. It just isn't like that anymore.

crossy1686

career ending
I’ll miss Mourinho when he’s gone. I went into the final not arsed about who won, just knowing the game would be anti football from both teams. Then Jose starts on the touch line being a thunder cnut and all of a sudden I have invested interest in Roma losing. Wasn’t a waste of 3 hours in the end.