Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not convinced this is going to work either. Though Italian football is known for being defensive, I’ve always seen Roma as a bit of an exception, good technical side with good attacking play, though somewhat flakey. It’s another team he is going to have produce silverware for quickly otherwise it will unravel.
Didn’t show much bottle against us, he’ll definitely find some scapegoats if they leak a few goals

Deery

Dreary
Apparently Roma were bought for £500m last year by an American group and Jose has been promised funds in the transfer market, I’d quite like Roma to become a big Italian club and win Serie A. They always seemed a great club a part from maybe the Ultras but their players were always loyal and give 100% so I’d like to see them get some success..

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Glad you said it, I had a few kettles to introduce to some pots up in here :lol:
No idea what you mean by that, unless you are giving us hints that you are one of those banned users and returned under new username.

Brophs

The One and Only
Figuratively yes! Financially? Obviously not, he doesn’t come cheap
Well, yeah. If hire Mourinho you’re saying you don’t have any problem with, nay actively want to, jizz money away to no end.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Why are people still duping themselves into thinking the next job will be the one he reinventes himself?

He's the manager equivalent of what Pires looked like at Villa, totally finished.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Well, yeah. If hire Mourinho you’re saying you don’t have any problem with, nay actively want to, jizz money away to no end.
Indeed, the belief that ‘he always gets you over the line,’ is wearing thinner than thin

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What? :houllier: I mean there are a lot in here laughing at Roma and their fans that fell for the same spiel when they should have known better when he was appointed at United.
Same people also laughed at Spurs fans saying how we did the same mistake back in 2016 (even when Chelsea fans warned) thinking he is changed and all. So not sure why any ManUtd fan cares about this nonsense about pot kettle black.

I don't even know the point of your posts, all I know is, S is always missing.

CM10

roma fan forum

To be fair they haven't got many good players for him to ruin. And they aren't up to much as a club either - this might be one where the fans won't tire of him quite as quickly as his previous clubs.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
At this rate, he'll be in charge of Sunderland by 2030. I wonder what his first season targets are?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
OGS at the presser: "That is great news for Roma, they are getting fantastik manager, and I think he will do excelent there, then again, I will miss him in the PL, cause I like winning against him".

monosierra

Its a good club to be in - storied yet not expected to contend for the title. A top 4 finish would be appreciated there.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Serie A was always his most likely next move (although I said that before he joined Spurs as well). Considering Inter are obviously doing well with Conte and Juve hate him, the question was simply whether AC Milan would take the bait or whether he would have to drop down to a Napoli, Lazio or Roma. Turns out it was the latter. Despite the one-sided rivalry they seem to think they have with us I've always quite liked Roma (even before I visited the City and loved every second of it), so I kind of feel a bit sorry for them. They'll enjoy the idea for a while but it'll end in tears as it always does.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I'm slightly gutted by this news. Roma are the team we keep an eye on here and I think they really deserve better than Mourinho. Ah well, it'll be one season of doing OK, as ever.

SirAF

Ageist
I'm slightly gutted by this news. Roma are the team we keep an eye on here and I think they really deserve better than Mourinho. Ah well, it'll be one season of doing OK, as ever.
I think he’ll do better in Serie A - it suits him better :) Looking forward to keeping an eye on them!

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Apparently Roma were bought for £500m last year by an American group and Jose has been promised funds in the transfer market, I’d quite like Roma to become a big Italian club and win Serie A. They always seemed a great club a part from maybe the Ultras but their players were always loyal and give 100% so I’d like to see them get some success..
I would also like to see more clubs compete as I hate to see clubs like Juve win the title 9 years in a row. It's nice to see Rangers win the title again at Celtic's expense, same for Inter. I hate seeing the same club dominate the league every year, it is ruining football.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
You don’t get why a person who constantly insults and belittles his competitors, colleagues and even his own players is heavily disliked?
Constantly? Its all a bit exaggerated but he yeah he has his reputation and he can keep it. But i think because of his reputation everything he says or does is extrapolated to mean a dig at someone
He can be a cnut for sure but so can other managers. Difference is anytime he drops or doesn't play someone he is automatically throwing them under the bus.
Was more interesting when he and his sides were at the top. now the hype is all a bit boring.
Very happy not to watch his football in any of the big games next season though....

Gazza

Porto / Madrid / Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham / Inter, Roma

Which managers have managed so many big clubs in different leagues?

Ancelotti springs to mind, if I recall correctly:
Madrid / Juventus, Milan, Napoli / Chelsea, Everton / Bayern / PSG

Foxbatt

He may actually succeed as he is not expected to win but only compete.
His pressers would be interesting but because Jose speaks so many languages including Italian most of his responses would be in whatever language the question is asked so many not be translated much.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He may actually succeed as he is not expected to win but only compete.
His pressers would be interesting but because Jose speaks so many languages including Italian most of his responses would be in whatever language the question is asked so many not be translated much.
Yeah yeah, they said that about Spurs as well.

Looks like Mourinho is capable of fooling more people than we realize.

stu_1992

I am not surprised by this at all. But you do have to wonder how much research the HR Departments at these Clubs do. Would any other multi-million euro business hire a Senior Manager who has been sacked from every job, and whos last two were spectacular failures?
Maybe they only checked his Italian references where he wasn't sacked from his job, nor at Porto btw.

I'm surprised to see him back so soon. To be fair, I had no idea Roma's manager was on the way out the door. Probably a bigger club than Spurs but in a lesser league so overall its a further downgrade. But that's where his career is at the minute. I'm surprised any club like that even touched him at all right now to be honest.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Could be interesting to see him not incharge of the team with the most money or any stand out superstars

I for one am happy to see big names going back to Serie A, although the roma squad is far behind both juve and inter

He will be competing with atalanta, ac milan, lazio and napoli for champions league spots, dont expect him to do much else

RedDevil@84

Maybe they only checked his Italian references where he wasn't sacked from his job, nor at Porto btw.

I'm surprised to see him back so soon. To be fair, I had no idea Roma's manager was on the way out the door. Probably a bigger club than Spurs but in a lesser league so overall its a further downgrade. But that's where his career is at the minute. I'm surprised any club like that even touched him at all right now to be honest.
He has a brilliant agent and great PR team.

My only surprise is that he agreed to pick another job so soon. Thought he would need time to mull things over. But not that surprised that he landed a job. Even Moyes landed job after job after the United debacle. He got the Sociedad job, got sacked and did not have to wait much to land the Sunderland job, got them relegated and in few months had landed the West Ham job

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mourinho to Pellegrini(Malaga coach):
Mourinho had sneered “second place is just the first loser,” and, “If Madrid were to fire me, I wouldn’t go to Malaga. I’d go to a top-level team in Italy or England.”

weltcheftrainer

Supports
schalke
Well, they all still hope he regains his focus. I think he needs a longer break to reconnect with reality.

Foxbatt

He has a brilliant agent and great PR team.

My only surprise is that he agreed to pick another job so soon. Thought he would need time to mull things over. But not that surprised that he landed a job. Even Moyes landed job after job after the United debacle. He got the Sociedad job, got sacked and did not have to wait much to land the Sunderland job, got them relegated and in few months had landed the West Ham job
And he is doing fairly well at West Ham. No way is Jose a bad coach. It simply doesn't suit him to be in a club that is used to play attractive open football.
Maybe now he can get them to play the way he wants to play and certainly the competition is not strong like in the PL.

Real Name

I guess Roma fans expect him to have a Capello effect on them. Difference being of course that Capello is in his pomp when they won the league (they were 2nd in 2002 and 2004) and they had a brilliant team back then. Despite new owners they're still working on short string it seems and I dont think he'll suddenly get lot of funds for transfers. And we all know what happens if he doesnt get what he wants. Maybe in the beginning he'll get result but it can get ugly pretty quickly.
What is working in his favor is they dont care about the way they'll play and will not demand beautiful football as long as and if he brings results.

FatTails

He’ll do well. Spurs was an odd fit, so was United. Italian fans don’t mind a pragmatic approach to winning as opposed to the emphasis on playing style and philosophy in the German, Dutch, and more recently, English leagues.

He won’t achieve much in Europe, but I can see him making them a mainstay in the top 4 there + taking them on a couple of good cup runs. Feel free to quote me on that.