Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

JSArsenal

Fair play to him, he's living his best life doing a world tour of Europe's prestigious cities, collecting big severance packages along the way. Probably should have waited to see if Poch finishes the season empty handed at PSG to see if he had a chance of getting the Paris gig next season though.
Can you see Mourinho getting along with Neymar and the PSG lads? The Madrid players reduced a better version of him to tears ten years go.

city-puma

Perfect move. I have said it before, he should go back to Serie A and take Roma or Lazio or Napoli. His style and man management will suit Serie A and Roma would be ideal for him. There are some good players in there and good experience players.
This is probably very true.

Zoo

Fair play to him, he's living his best life doing a world tour of Europe's prestigious cities, collecting big severance packages along the way. Probably should have waited to see if Poch finishes the season empty handed at PSG to see if he had a chance of getting the Paris gig next season though.
PSG won’t touch him. His stock has remained high in Italy after what he did in 2010 but if he fails there then where he goes is limited. MLS, national team perhaps.

Redlyn

I wonder how long he will last before he's alienated all the players, thrown them under the bus, they down tools then he gets his next pay day.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I wonder how long he will last before he's alienated all the players, thrown them under the bus, they down tools then he gets his next pay day.
couple of seasons probably... that said i think hes got a good shot of getting a cl spot for them in that time and it will be 3 seasons since they managed that so on that basis probably makes sense

Luke1995

I feel like he will do well there if he fully accepts a long term project and has the full backing of the owners.

But waiting has always been a problem for Jose. The pattern is, even if he does well in two seasons, the third one is usually the end.

So this one could either be the project that makes him a great manager again or the one that knocks him out of top level football.

JanK

Supports
Napoli

Well I have a nice bridge to sell this man...

I wonder how the potential severance package is looking like

Trollinho is something else. How can people be so dumb and believe him? Like really, I think he has rehearsed some 2-minute speech which he used in United, Spurs and now Roma. This speech has earned him over 30 mln € in severance packages, and now Roma believes his story?

These guys are immense clowns.

SamVimes

I am not surprised by this at all. But you do have to wonder how much research the HR Departments at these Clubs do. Would any other multi-million euro business hire a Senior Manager who has been sacked from every job, and whos last two were spectacular failures?

wolvored

Slower league, more defence minded. Suit him down to the ground.

Acole9

Outstanding
Wow that was quick. He must've had that lined up before he was sacked from Spurs, no wonder he was smiling.

Oranges038

Be very surprised if he isn't sacked in 12 to 18 months anyway.

Who will he sign there? Almost guaranteed to pack the squad with cheap/free experienced players for instant impact.

Perisic
Giroud
Willian
Higuain
Alderwerald
Vertonghen

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He is quickly becoming the Portuguese equivalent of a Pardew or Steve Bruce. He started out way higher but his fall from grace and ability to get a job having failed spectacularly is definitely on par with some of the PL's favoured managers.

BorisManUtd

There are few clubs around Europe I guess. In England, someone mentioned already, clubs like Everton/Newcastle/West Ham/Wolves (in the future, not now). Valencia in Spain maybe, Roma in Italy (think Inter wouldn't risk with him, maybe few years ago but not anymore), Porto.. Of course there's option of managing national team but I think that would be boring to him.
Called it back in April when Spurs sacked him have to say :D

Big chances Roma will be playing Conference League next season, Tottenham too, so he could face them in a year already. And his spats with Conte could be hilarious just like in England few years ago :lol: not sure if he'd risk ruining his relationship with Inter fans because of Conte though.

Guy Incognito

Who will he sign there? Almost guaranteed to pack the squad with cheap/free experienced players for instant impact.

Perisic
Giroud
Willian
Higuain
Alderwerald
Vertonghen
He'd want a midfielder to fit his style. When he joined Inter he tried to sign Lampard and Essien but that was rebuffed so Muntari joined.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Serie A is slower league and Matic is still good enough player. Jose should sign him.

largelyworried

I suspect he'll do very well in Serie A. Some people on this forum think he's a conference level manager for some reason.
I have to say I'm not convinced. Quite apart from the fact that his own talents seem to be on the wane, Roma are also a bang average team who struggle at both ends of the pitch and haven't even challenged for the top 4 in the last few seasons. Nothing about this suggests success.

Rolaholic

Perisic
Giroud
Willian
Higuain
Alderwerald
Vertonghen
Forgot the likes of Dier and Matic

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Just one question, to Roma....why?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably a better job than Spurs, you don’t have City to contend with for a start. The job seems more suited to him than Spurs too, be interesting to see how he gets on.

Cloud7

Looking forward to the Jose and Conte rivalry sparking up in Italy again, especially now that I don’t have to pretend like they aren’t both pricks, unlike when he was here and I had to pretend like only Conte was a prick.

RedDevilzFox

On a serious note, he's got more balls than Pep, especially if he actually wins something.
No, he is just crap at this point and is scraping for bottom feeders. Pep never has to resort to taking on Roma and Spurs types because he will always have better options at his disposal.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
For all the talk of leagues and styles and players, he has done worse as the players he has access to have gotten worse.

This will be his worst set of players since União de Leira. The only thing saving him is that expectations have plummeted at a very poor Roma.

Scraping into the CL should be enough, but how long will he keep players on side to really build something?

Not long enough I suspect.

Foxbatt

You have to take your hat off to Jose. At one time he was the best manager in football. Now he is one of the best businessmen.
He knows that he is not going to win anything of significance so what's the next best option? Make money by getting sacked.
I feel sorry for Mikhi. Isn't he the top scorer or 2nd best at Roma?
The question is why did Roma hire him? Why do they recycle all these old managers who keeps failing?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The more clubs hire that guy, the surer I get that I would be better at managing a football club than most people who actually get to do it.

Gator Nate

Well I have a nice bridge to sell this man...

I wonder how the potential severance package is looking like
The words "long-term" do not belong in the same sentence as Jose's name. The two are mutually exclusive.

This is like a real-life tragedy turned into a movie - you know the ending, but you just want to see how they get from the beginning to that end.