Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

RedDevil@84

He is back!!!

On a serious note, I think Italian football would suit him and though not Porto/Inter level of success, it will help him do better. Before he took up the Spurs job, I thought he will go back to Italy, after taking a break.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
He should have gone to Italy after his time at United.
It is a more attritional and tactical game there which suits. He clearly now struggles to get a side motivated to run through brick walls for him which was a strength years ago.
He can’t manage in England again.
There is an almost pathological hatred of him amongst many people here - not just a chunk of most fanbases but amongst some of the media and no doubt refs too.
I personally dont get the level of hate - I was just happy to see him go after that summer when he spat his dummy out and started to lose the players.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Do Roma have some money? Hope they can take a couple of players from us and Rome is a beautiful city.
If we sign a cb then hopefully we offload Bailly and maybe he can sign Matic, too.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Are Roma fans the type that demand great football?

If not they might be alright, Serie A is not nearly as competitive as the PL. I'm not sure if they expect to be winning the scudetto or just qualifying for the Champion's league.

Foxbatt

Roma are clever too. How many people would be at least looking to see how Roma does? Lots. Even to see Jose fail. It's pure media. All the journos will be looking to interview Jose and Roma gets all the publicity.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He should have gone to Italy after his time at United.
It is a more attritional and tactical game there which suits. He clearly now struggles to get a side motivated to run through brick walls for him which was a strength years ago.
He can’t manage in England again.
There is an almost pathological hatred of him amongst many people here - not just a chunk of most fanbases but amongst some of the media and no doubt refs too.
I personally dont get the level of hate - I was just happy to see him go after that summer when he spat his dummy out and started to lose the players.
You don’t get why a person who constantly insults and belittles his competitors, colleagues and even his own players is heavily disliked?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Are Roma fans the type that demand great football?

If not they might be alright, Serie A is not nearly as competitive as the PL. I'm not sure if they expect to be winning the scudetto or just qualifying for the Champion's league.
No, they are Roma fans after all.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I haven't seen much of Roma but I was very unimpressed with their side in our semi-final. Could have been an off day for them but Mourinho has his work cut out.

BorisManUtd

Slower league, lower expectations, won't be criticised for defensive style as much as in England and Spain. Seems like perfect job for him atm. And I do expect Roma now to make a bid for Matić, perhaps for few more United and Spurs players.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Roma are clever too. How many people would be at least looking to see how Roma does? Lots. Even to see Jose fail. It's pure media. All the journos will be looking to interview Jose and Roma gets all the publicity.
I'll definitely tune in to a couple of games next season, purely for the spectacle...partly to watch the inevitable meltdown.

Relfy

I honestly thought my mate was on a wind up when he text me the news. It's *almost* sad to see his demise as one of the worlds best managers down to upper mid-table clubs like Spurs and now Roma. Football moved on but he stood still. He's at serious risk of causing long term damage to his legacy if he continues down this path. Becoming everything he accused Wenger of being and worse.

Rolaholic

You don’t get why a person who constantly insults and belittles his competitors, colleagues and even his own players is heavily disliked?
Of course not, why would it be easy to get when he's been the victim being let down by everyone around him each time? He's been getting undermined and sabotaged for years since Madrid, it's never his own doing

My best Jose fanboy impression...

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
The question needs to be asked, how the Fcuk are we paying for him. He was making close to 20m gross at Tottenham. Are the Friedkin’s about to go crazy and invest or did he severely cut his wages (can’t imagine).
If theres on man who can weed out the soft mentality its him. If Dan backed him then he had to have promised him players with the right mentality to come in. This could be a rebirth like the Rudi first season. A restart with no Europe would be great.
I thought it was a fake account when I saw this on twitter. Finally some great news after another terrible season.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I honestly thought my mate was on a wind up when he text me the news. It's *almost* sad to see his demise as one of the worlds best managers down to upper mid-table clubs like Spurs and now Roma. Football moved on but he stood still. He's at serious risk of causing long term damage to his legacy if he continues down this path. Becoming everything he accused Wenger of being and worse.
Why would he care?
As long as clubs keeps giving him jobs, he'll keep laughing on his way to the bank.

As for legacy, he only needs to avoid managing Porto and Inter again, as long as he do that, he will be viewed as a God at two clubs, not bad.

Same route as the likes of Sven and Capello. Will be a journeyman manager, hired because of his name - not his current capability.

makes Italy more interesting - the only ones to suffer will be Roma.

£10m payoff in Feb 2023. Nice work.

Cloud7

The funniest one of the Roma fan posts is the person that said “Finally a manager that has a plan A, B, C, D”

You do wonder when the last time people actually followed a Mourinho team was. The guy barely has a functional plan A that he never deviates from these days.

Tony247

Unreal. He sold a bridge to Roma. It will be delivered in 1 year.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Do Roma have some money? Hope they can take a couple of players from us and Rome is a beautiful city.
If we sign a cb then hopefully we offload Bailly and maybe he can sign Matic, too.
Matic seems nailed on imo.

Rolaholic

The funniest one of the Roma fan posts is the person that said “Finally a manager that has a plan A, B, C, D”

You do wonder when the last time people actually followed a Mourinho team was. The guy barely has a functional plan A that he never deviates from these days.
The don't have to worry, they'll have Fellaini coming back from the Chinese league to be their plan B :lol:

always_hoping

The slow paced Serie A should suit him better and if he continues to make no impact I think it's time that Jose packs in management and go back to the pundit job

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
He's only a couple of sackings away from being able to afford to buy United

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Good job for him, a culture and a country he likes and will be relatively out of the spotlight. It’s a league which older players and a more defensive style is still accepted. So he might get players he can still get a tune out of. Not sure how he will deal with the budget though.

Champagne Football

He'll finally be able to sign Peresic who just has 1 year left on his Inter contract, before blaming him on live TV for being the sole reason Roma are a bit shit, when he doesn't score 2 goals in every game as expected.

Fellaini and Peresic are certainties. Matic too.

slored1

Another few million down the drain for José. How does he still do it?

siw2007

Not convinced this is going to work either. Though Italian football is known for being defensive, I’ve always seen Roma as a bit of an exception, good technical side with good attacking play, though somewhat flakey. It’s another team he is going to have produce silverware for quickly otherwise it will unravel.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I have always been anti - mourinho even before he joined us;

I guess that's why I think Mkhitaryan wasnt that bad for us when he was here.

SAFMUTD

How the feck is he still getting jobs?

It's not only that he doesn't win anymore but he's expensive, his football is board line unwatchable and every squad he's managed since Inter has been left as toxic as possible.

Hectordegraft

How the feck is he still getting jobs?

It's not only that he doesn't win anymore but he's expensive, his football is board line unwatchable and every squad he's managed since Inter has been left as toxic as possible.
That's what his CV is for... and I am sure clubs look past the last 4 years of his career.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Slower league, lower expectations, won't be criticised for defensive style as much as in England and Spain. Seems like perfect job for him atm. And I do expect Roma now to make a bid for Matić, perhaps for few more United and Spurs players.
Yup, plus he gets to live in Rome.