Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This might be a bit controversial but thoughts on this rule on players representing the national team of their origin?

I get his sentiment but where do you draw the line on who can represent where?

AaronRedDevil

For 80m. Anyone can have him. Otherwise, hands off! What's with all these weird bs rumours going around.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There aren't any elite clubs taking up Mendes' invitation. So like last year, limited options, probably worse. If he's not up for a new chapter at United for whatever reason (could be lack of ambition in the market, not convinced by the playing style, been told his game time will be managed, whatever) Roma isn't that bad of a move. If they're ambitious in the market this summer while the main Italian clubs all seem stagnated, Mourinho has it in his locker to get a team fighting for the scudetto, which would be a remarkable achievement and a pretty fun journey. The city is obviously amazing too. He might fancy it before going back to Sporting.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Who are these great African players he is talking about (who are playing for countries they are not from)?
I remember reading a while ago about the number of African immigrants into France and how many footballers for their national team could have played for African nations. Also about the sheer number of African boys trying to get to France for the chance just at being a footballer and how many find themselves living in really poor environments/on the streets when they don't make it.

Not really something I know a lot about but I think he's talking about players that fall into that sort of bracket is my guess. Unless there more to it that I've missed.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Who are these great African players he is talking about (who are playing for countries they are not from)?
I'm not sure about now, but Makalele was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo (previously Zaire), Vieira was born in Senegal, Desailly was born in Ghana.

Maybe he's also appealing to players to make a move like Mejbri, a 2nd generation immigrant, like Mbappe whose father is from Cameroon and mother from Algiers, or Benezema whose parents are from Algiers, as are Zidane's parents. But if you're born and bred in a country it seems more obvious you'd chose to represent it - still, fair play to Mejbri.

Looking at the top talent in Europe, loads of African ancestry there.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I'm not sure about now, but Makalele was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo (previously Zaire), Vieira was born in Senegal, Desailly was born in Ghana.

Maybe he's also referring to players making a move such as Mejbri, 2nd generation immigrant, like Mbappe whose father is from Cameroon and mother from Algiers, or Benezema whose parents are from Algiers. But if you're born and bred in a country it seems more obvious you'd chose to represent it - still, fair play to Mejbri.

Looking at the top talent in Europe, loads of African ancestry there.
If he's talking about "ancestry" then I massively disagree that the likes of Kante or Benzema not being allowed to play for France because of where their parents are from. That's a slippery slope to some very dodgy ideas about who is and isn't "French".

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If he's talking about "ancestry" then I massively disagree that the likes of Kante or Benzema not being allowed to play for France because of where their parents are from. That's a slippery slope to some very dodgy ideas about who is and isn't "French".
Yeah, I 100% agree that the choice should always be theirs, they are from the country they are born in or raised in, of course. But they also have a choice of a country to play for. I don't think FIFA should be involved at all, like he's suggesting.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Honestly I think what he said is immensely stupid.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
No other manager of his stature would want that tattoo. Conference League would be a badge of shame.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Still has great pull.

Just signed Dybala which is huge for a club of Roma's size.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I still think United were wrong on him although he created an untenable position he was right on the players

Modern players want you to be their mate first and coddle them which doesn't work for jose

Irwin99

Dybala and Matic are good signings for them. Was hoping they might take AWB off our hands :D

::sonny::

Are you watching?

Wjnaldum
Dybala
Matic
Celik
Svilar
Zaniolo not sold
Belotti incoming

All for free

Are you watching?

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Are you watching?

Wjnaldum
Dybala
Matic
Celik
Svilar
Zaniolo not sold
Belotti incoming

All for free

Are you watching?
He's building something really, really special.

They'll get another CB too before the window closes.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Are you watching?
I love Mourinho ... so grateful he came to my club and changed our mentality from perpetual Ro16 CL losers living in Barca's shadow, to fighting for titles. Sad how it ended but the whole club went up a level, even if we fell short of CL titles. I have no doubt that Carlo & Zizou benefitted from this change in mentality across the team.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Are you watching?

Wjnaldum
Dybala
Matic
Celik
Svilar
Zaniolo not sold
Belotti incoming

All for free

Are you watching?
I don’t know why we don’t do common sense signings like that. Wijnaldum and Dybala would improve our first XI, belotti would add depth to our attack. All for free as well.

Irwin99

Are you watching?

Wjnaldum
Dybala
Matic
Celik
Svilar
Zaniolo not sold
Belotti incoming

All for free

Are you watching?
Good summer for them it seems. Also they have Spinazzola back from long term injury I believe

The expectation must be a top 4 finish and a good EL run.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Are you watching?

Wjnaldum
Dybala
Matic
Celik
Svilar
Zaniolo not sold
Belotti incoming

All for free

Are you watching?
No. Of course not. Why any Manchester United fan could give even a fraction of a feck about this horrible twat and his new club will always be a mystery to me.

EDIT: Although I am aware that reading/posting in this thread is a bit of a self own….

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
They have scudetto potential… provided that the coach, the squad, the city and the noisy local media stay focused on results instead of enemies, plots, chemtrails and scandals.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wjnaldum - finished
Dybala - flaky
Matic - finished
Celik - average
Svilar - unproven
Zaniolo - knees made of chewing gum
Belotti - Italian Danny Ings
Probably still good enough to challenge for the Italian league these days.

SirAF

Ageist
Good summer for them it seems. Also they have Spinazzola back from long term injury I believe

The expectation must be a top 4 finish and a good EL run.
Very impressive. I’m fairly confident they’ll get 4th and do well in the EL!

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
They are allowing Mourinho to unabashedly form his own team and implement his own style.

He's bringing in players with his mentality.

Will win Europa this season and get some more marquee signings in.

edcunited1878

I don’t know why we don’t do common sense signings like that. Wijnaldum and Dybala would improve our first XI, belotti would add depth to our attack. All for free as well.
Those players don't want to play in England, especially Dybala and Belotti. Wijnaldum has already achieved what he did with Liverpool, then played/lived in Paris...now he gets the opportunity to play in Rome for Mourinho?

It's not that these aren't common sense, it's just that there's so much more that goes into a free transfer or transfer overall.

edcunited1878

They are allowing Mourinho to unabashedly form his own team and implement his own style.

He's bringing in players with his mentality.

Will win Europa this season and get some more marquee signings in.
And he's working within some budget and getting older, but mature players. Jose is a great manager, but he's not everybody's taste...and he does need specific players for his systems.

Are you watching?

Wjnaldum
Dybala
Matic
Celik
Svilar
Zaniolo not sold
Belotti incoming

All for free

Are you watching?
Belotti closer
Bailly incoming

Rui patricio

Mancini Smalling Bailly

Karsdorp Wjnaldum Pellegrini Spinazzola

Dybala Abraham Belotti

First backups
Celik
Ibanez
Cristante
Matic
Zaniolo

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Belotti closer
Bailly incoming

Rui patricio

Mancini Smalling Bailly

Karsdorp Wjnaldum Pellegrini Spinazzola

Dybala Abraham Belotti

First backups
Celik
Ibanez
Cristante
Matic
Zaniolo
Belloti is coming too?

They are building a hell of a team that I think can shock many people if they get off too a good start.

Surely Zaniolo starts though ?

Belloti is coming too?

They are building a hell of a team that I think can shock many people if they get off too a good start.

Surely Zaniolo starts though ?
Yes, and asked for lindelof during the the encounters for Bailly