Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yes, and asked for lindelof during the the encounters for Bailly

Ic they can add a couple of more good pieces they can have a dam good squad on their hands.

SirAF

Ageist
Well, you’re the one bumping his thread :lol:

To stay on topic: Roma are playing their last pre-season match against Shaktar in a few minutes.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Fantastic atmosphere for a friendly.

Are they always like that or are they still buzzing from winning that Europa Conference League? First time the home fans will have seen them play since winning it. Won 5-0 in that friendly too.

::sonny::

Fantastic atmosphere for a friendly.

Are they always like that or are they still buzzing from winning that Europa Conference League? First time the home fans will have seen them play since winning it. Won 5-0 in that friendly too.
Always, the new owners lowered the tickets to bring more people to the stadium which is always full now

ForeverRed1

What Roma are doing is fantastic. Signed some very good players. Matic and wiji, Dybala, celik and svilar. Not a bad window at all for them. Also love the atmosphere they create.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Signed Belotti as Backup Striker. Roma are going places under him!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bit of a creampuff schedule so far but they've been good

Today was one of those games. Should have won 3-0, lost. It happens

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Abraham stopped Roma from winning the game but honestly they played well..

If I were Roma fan I'd be much more worried about Tammy performances than Mourinho style.. The english striker has looked poor in this first part of the season (but to be fair also last season I think he scored just 2 Serie A goals in the first 2 months and then ended up having a very decent season)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is totally right. Since referees have the bad habit to punish players for trying to stay on their feet when they are fouled it's best to just go down when you are actually fouled. It shouldn't be like that but that's the reality we live in.

RedDevil@84

Ahh, so we’re in the early days of the meltdown. Good to know.
Naa. Mourinho is spot on. The only way to win penalties is to go down in a heap in the box. Clear fouls are shrugged off, unless they are not accompanied by rolling and moaning.
The Spanish teams regularly do that to English teams in European games.

Ladron de redcafe

Did you expect any differently?

Over the last 10 seasons, he's won 1 of the 30 UCLs, league titles, and domestic cups that were in play. There's a reason for that.

Also, Mourinho encouraging diving is nothing new. His Porto squad were the biggest divers around and we saw his players throughout the years constantly throw themselves at the floor whenever someone breathed on them.

Cloud7

Look past the fact that it’s Jose saying this. The point he’s making is absolutely correct. Loads of times challenges that should result in a penalty being given aren’t unless the player on the receiving end goes to ground.

As much as I hate the play acting in the game, referees often don’t act on anything unless the players act like that.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
So, thoughts on this cnut losing again?
Reminded me of Roma's opening game against Salernitana. Roma won 1-0, but it could've easily been 6 nil. Similarly, Roma could've scored 3-4 goals against Atalanta which is impressive considering the latter were on an upwards trajectory. Roma seem to be creating chances not only in abundance, but of quality too. There's a finishing issue that I'd imagine is driving him crazy, but I think its easier to address than if his Roma side were failing to create chances for their attackers like Chelsea. I would be more concerned about the Udinese lost, and hoping that game was an anomaly as the 4-0 score line aside, they were dominated. There seems to be expectation from the Roma faithful that he should win the Serie A, but those top four contenders Milan, Napoli, Inter, Lazio, Udinese and of course Roma is looking intense to the extent that a top four would be a major achievement. Probably the most difficult to break out of the top 5 European leagues.

vanrooney

as long as he is bullish against refs its all ok. when he throws the first player under the bus its going downwards

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
based on highlights, they were utterly dominant. it's an anomaly that they didn't win. some shocking misses by multiple players.
didn't see the penalty thing, but given the chances created they really shouldn't have needed one.