Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
They could actually had won this game easily, if not by a poor finishing by his players. Some really easy chances were missed in this game. On the other hand, they actually are defending a bit worse this season: they concede a lot of shots, even against weak opposition as Monza or Cremonese.

Not sure if they are trying to attack more this season or if it's just circumstances.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He is totally right. Since referees have the bad habit to punish players for trying to stay on their feet when they are fouled it's best to just go down when you are actually fouled. It shouldn't be like that but that's the reality we live in.
This is true, and it's a very common complaint among fans of literally any club. You get no bonus points for trying to stay on your feet whilst clearly being impeded. People will say not all contact makes you fall over, which is true but being illegally impeded will almost never get called by the ref unless you fall over, so Mourinho is right and it's really unfortunate that he is.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I watched the match, i can't say i became wiser. Yes, they had the better chances and, yes, they probably didn't deserve to lose, but i don't feel they did enough to win the game either. People should also keep in mind that Atalanta are way more comfortable sitting back and being direct this season.

As all Mourinho sides, Roma live and die with their forward of choice, and Mourinho has invested a lot in Tammy. It's not just the goals, but also the movement and the general play. The thing is that Abraham's performances are often erratic, even within games. In the first half hour, Tammy looked like he had never played football before in his life, and it comes as no surprise that Roma were very tepid on the pitch. Suddenly, in the final 15 minutes of the half, he sprang to life: Holding up the ball, movement outside the box, spotting runs in-behind, he was doing everything right, except for the finishing. That's when Roma created their best chances. In the second half, he was blowing hot and cold and it showed and the team's overall performance. Then he brought off, and they resorted to Belotti trying to chest down hoof balls and Zaniolo trying to dribble past 2-3 players or fool the officials.

All in all, it was one of those games that make you think that "besides that 15 minutes toward the end of the half, plus two 5-minute spells in the second, the game was played out mostly the way the away team wanted". He had these games at United, when he would complain about the chances missed (or the officials) and conveniently leave out the fact for huge parts of the game we were looking lost at sea. Not a good tempo, zero control of the rhythm of the game, not sustained pressure, not much penetration against a set defence. With everybody around in the Serie A him being shite, he should do better. Still, i see the same man who insists on quick transitions through the middle and simple numerical advantages in the central channels to force the issue. Oh, and set-pieces. Problem is, it doesn't work us well as it used to with more teams nowadays being better with ball.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pogba hating Mourinho fan boys are going to feel VERY confused with this one :lol:

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He somehow pulls it off without looking cringe or anything.

Tbf, it's not like he's dancing or doing something very over the top. He's very much in the iconic Jose Mourinho character if you ask me.

He has the charisma and presence of a movie star.

HookedOnAPhelan

Tbf, it's not like he's dancing or doing something very over the top. He's very much in the iconic Jose Mourinho character if you ask me.

:lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

How come Mourinho doesn't dance anymore?

Remember the Moutusi?

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
Looking back at "El Traductor's" antics of old, it is quite refreshing to know that he has been largely irrelevant for the past decade. Turns 60 in a few months too. He is already a relic of the past by large. Anyway he still has his moments on and off the pitch.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Looking back at "El Traductor's" antics of old, it is quite refreshing to know that he has been largely irrelevant for the past decade. Turns 60 in a few months too. He is already a relic of the past by large. Anyway he still has his moments on and off the pitch.
A manager career peak is not as long as people think, and Sir Alex was actually an exception. The managers get outdated by new generations that bring new ideas either for tactics/strategics or for high performance training.
Even Arrigo Sacchi, who IMO was the most important manager of modern tactics (his principles are still used today by every top Manager), didn't have that long peak.

Mourinho was one of those innovators on his peak: integrated training that every exercise has a purpose (even physical training), he basically made every other manager to start drilling their teams in order to adapt to a new shape in case the opposition is outnumbering them in the midfield and using pressing triggers in order to improve the chances of recovering the ball.

Sports that involve a lot of money usually tend to evolve faster, making players and staff more exposed to become obsolete during their career.

Skills

Snitch
Nobody can convince me that he wasn't actively trying to get himself sacked in his last season at the club. The players ruined it for him, by turning that game around against Newcastle and he had to stay another month.

Irwin99

Didn't expect Roma to beat Inter. Wonder if he'll get them top 4 this season. Dybala seems to have been a really good purchase

Varun1

Didn't expect Roma to beat Inter. Wonder if he'll get them top 4 this season. Dybala seems to have been a really good purchase
Mike on the score sheet as well. He had a torrid time under Jose at United, have things improved? How's Belotti doing?

MiceOnMeth

Would love him back in the prem. Could he win one last league title if Newcastle backed him with a 300+ mil warchest?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
This is no vintage Inter actually. They have 5 defeats in 10 official games this season so far.

marktan

Mike on the score sheet as well. He had a torrid time under Jose at United, have things improved? How's Belotti doing?
Smalling has been great for Roma from pretty much the first game he played for them. Was huge for them in the conference league win last year.

Skills

Snitch
Europa league might too hard for him. Another shot at the conference?

Then he can have 2CL, 2EL & 2 Conference Leagues on his tattoo.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Lost fair and square to Betis, but tbf in the last two seasons anyone who faces them have to make the run for the money.

Irwin99

I don't watch them but i got the feeling Tammy Abraham is going on a bit of a barren run but Dybala has been a great acquisition for them?

It's so hard to know what to expect from them to be honest. They have some good players but I wonder what the expectations are, especially in relation to their direct competitors Juve, Milan, Inter, Napoli? Top 4 or another trophy I would presume. Seems a competitive league again now that Juve have lost their way.

saivet

Saw they drew to Real Betis yesterday, which is a good result but they're not doing well in their group. Sitting in 3rd and 3 points behind Ludogorets. If Ludogorets beat Real Betis then they are back in the conference league but assuming Betis get a result then it will go down to the final group game against Ludogorets where they will have to win.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Saw they drew to Real Betis yesterday, which is a good result but they're not doing well in their group. Sitting in 3rd and 3 points behind Ludogorets. If Ludogorets beat Real Betis then they are back in the conference league but assuming Betis get a result then it will go down to the final group game against Ludogorets where they will have to win.
Still in there hands. Need to beat HJK and then beat Ludo at home. I think they will still go through.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I thought they lost 2-1, with Betis scoring a very late winner (unless that was chalked off?).

Raw

Roma fans seem to have pinpointed Karsdorp to be the player he's talking about, and they all agree with Jose.