Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.
A team that under 2 managers with good CV's is set to record under 60 points for the second successive season and people in here are trying to argue the quality of their squad.

Only on redcafe.

The reason Mourinho is extra shit in comparison to Poch, is that the football is turd along with the lack of points.

Like Damo said earlier, a lot of the people on this forum had him in top 4, especially after their signings.

No.... almost no-one had them in top 4, until of course they twatted us 1-6, then a bunch of poster piped in to predict them to finish top 4 and us to fall off a cliff. I mean, the fecking thread is there for you to look for yourself and spot the change in Spurs predictions after October 4th.

My God there's some serious bullshit being spouted in here today.
I can’t even understand why posters feel the need to resort to utter nonsense, just look at the shit job he is doing! Spurs are ninth for feck‘s sake and they are playing horrific football.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
If there were fans in the stadium he's be gone already. Tottenham are so negative. No idea how a team with Kane and Son up front can justify playing for 1-0 wins every week

Grande

He said that after signing Pogba and Zlatan that summer?

Or he said that after he lost his mind in his third season? Which was it? Stop making up utter bullshit. I'll give you a clue, after his first Summer market:
I’ll be happy to discuss with you, but not if you accuse me of ‘making up utter bullshit’ because I referenced Mourinho talking down the quality of our squad, as he actually did so on several occasions, which you already know. I’m not accusing you of anything, so there’s no need for that kind of exaggerated put-down.

Your point that Mou’s testimony needs to be read in context I can easily agree with, then again, interpreting them in context, my summary of them - which you of course is free to disagree on - is something like:

When he came to United, he was demonstrably positive about his buys, which he got quite a big heap of to begin with. He was politely positive about the existing squad. When results wavered, he was quick to allude to the limitations of the squad, and this was a dominant theme from him from quite early on. I’d say as much as the last entire year, he was very strong on pointing to faults broadly spread in the squad, hinting or right out stating players being too young, too naive, too physically or mentally weak, too nice, too little talent, too stupid, too selfish, too lazy.

From the summer on it was mental. But way before that, he was speaking alot about ‘achieving much with little’ and ‘people’s exalted expectations’ when expecting us to attack at home to Sevilla, i.e.

So, yes, I was surprised with his more emphatic positivity about the squad, and in particular, the existing players, when he came to Spurs. He didn’t highlight the need for reinforcements in the same manner that I’d expected from his arrival at United. He was more positive than he needed, and I was partly surprised because it would make it more difficult to backtrack with dignity later, something he was very conscious of with United I thought.

As I don’t suscribe to the idea that Mou iscompletely barmy, just manipulative, narcissistic and paranoid at his worst days, but generally also intelligent and eager to seem so, I take what he’s said as a level indication that in his fairly experienced eyes, his squad at Spurs was better than his squad at United in his eyes.

So, yes, I was surprised with his more emphatic positivity about the squad, and in particular, the existing players, when he came to Spurs. He didn’t highlight the need for reinforcements in the same manner that I’d expected from his arrival at United. He was more positive than he needed, and I was partly surprised because it would make it more difficult to backtrack with dignity later, something he was very conscious of with United I thought.
You’re forgetting one important factor here, at United he can put the pressure on to get new signings and build a squad because we are rich as feck. Spurs are skint so no amount of moaning is going to get Levy to agree to spend 200 million, so what would that achieve?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No.... almost no-one had them in top 4, until of course they twatted us 1-6, then a bunch of poster piped in to predict them to finish top 4 and us to fall off a cliff. I mean, the fecking thread is there for you to look for yourself and spot the change in Spurs predictions after October 4th.

I can’t even understand why posters feel the need to resort to utter nonsense, just look at the shit job he is doing! Spurs are ninth for feck‘s sake and they are playing horrific football.
6th October was incidentally also the day after transfer window closed. There is some knee-jerking on 6th I agree, like people predicting us to finish 10th (although many people were quite quite serious about that it seems as you can see posts even on 23rd Nov predicting us to finish outside top 6).

Do you think people were reactive even towards end of Nov, due to drubbing in early October? 7/9 posters who posted between 22nd-30th Nov predicted Spurs to finish in top 4. So maybe you can "look at the fecking thread for yourself and spot how highly people rated Spurs"

tomaldinho1

I had them top four from day 1 and I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're going to sneak back in. I might very well be crazy. Something about this season just makes me think whist their football is tumescent their run to the season's end is going to be their saviour. If you think of the top six all taking points off each other and if (it's a big if) they start winning their 'easy' games, it's going to be very interesting to see if United can stay clear of other teams & also why I think Liverpool are still going to make CL places.

Spurs: Burnley, Fulham, Palace, Arsenal, Villa, Newcastle, United, Everton, City, SHU, Leeds, Wolves, Villa, Leicester = 3 of to 6
United: Chelsea, Palace, City, WHUM, Brighton, Spurs, Burnley, Leeds, Pool, Villa, Leicester, Fulham, Wolves = 5 of 5 (as we are the 6th)
Chelsea: United, Pool, Everton, Leeds, SHU, WBA, Palace, Brighton, WHUM, Fulham, City, Arsenal, Leicester, Villa = 5 of 5
WHUM: City, Leeds, United, Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Newcastle, Chelsea, Burnley, Everton, Brighton, WBA, Soton = 4 of 5 (Sorry Moyes you are not surviving this and staying in CL places)
Pool: SHU, Chelsea Fulham, Wolves, Arsenal, Villa, Leeds, Newcastle, United, Soton, WBA, Burnley, Palace = 2 of 5
Leicester: Arsenal, Burnley, Brighton, SHU, City, WHUM, WBA, Palace, Soton, Newcastle, UNited, Chelsea, Spurs = 4 of 5

I get football doesn't always work as we think it will but Spurs/Pool have such a good run in and if Spurs win their game in hand versus Burnley, they and Liverpool are basically both 5 points of CL with 39 points to pay for. Bums will squeak.

Do you think people were reactive even towards end of Nov, due to drubbing in early October? 7/9 posters who posted between 22nd-30th Nov predicted Spurs to finish in top 4. So maybe you can "look at the fecking thread for yourself and spot how highly people rated Spurs"
Considering Spurs were fecking top on 30th November after 10 games you obviously haven’t thought this through @anant. Of course they were reactive to Spurs short run of good form.

anant

Considering Spurs were fecking top on 30th November after 10 games you obviously haven’t thought this through @anant. Of course they were reactive to Spurs short run of good form.
Ok, so you feel that a team that is top of the table after a quarter of a season lacks quality? Even if you account for poor fixtures, you'd still expect that side to finish in top 4.

Hell I just went back till 2010/11 season, and guess what, the team at the top of the league after 10 games has always finished in top 4 at the end of the season. A team that has consistently finished in top 4 for 4 of the past 5 seasons suddenly doesn't become shite.

Honestly, at this point I'm not even sure what you're arguing about. My point was that Spurs are 4th-5th best side in the league on the basis of talent. They're 9th or something, and that's more down to Mou than due to lack in quality

Ok, so you feel that a team that is top of the table after a quarter of a season lacks quality? Even if you account for poor fixtures, you'd still expect that side to finish in top 4.

Hell I just went back till 2010/11 season, and guess what, the team at the top of the league after 10 games has always finished in top 4 at the end of the season. A team that has consistently finished in top 4 for 4 of the past 5 seasons suddenly doesn't become shite.
They had 21 points after 10 games and were joint top. That’s the lowest points total to be top after 10 games since 2011 (probably beyond, couldn’t be arsed checking). They had won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1, they were joint top more by default of City and United starting so shit.

In 2015 Southampton had 22 points after 10, were 2nd, and finished 7th.

2017 Arsenal had 23 points, finished 5th.

Absolutely loads of examples of teams with 21 points after 10 games not finishing top 4.

Yes they suddenly became shit, and the backline being broken up and ageing was the big issue, rot truly set in at the turn of the year in which Poch lost his job. How else are you explaining them picking up less than 60 points in two seasons with Poch and Mourinho, and they actually were on course for less with Poch. Did Poch suddenly turn into a shit manager for Spurs overnight?
They aren’t 9th shit, but their squad quality is 5th at best. Maybe 6th.

You’re a United fan, you know full well even a title winning side can literally turn to shite overnight or a 2nd placed side. We went from 1st to 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 2nd, then posted 2 seasons of 66 points.

Last edited:

anant

They had 21 points after 10 games and were joint top. That’s the lowest points total to be top after 10 games since 2011 (probably beyond, couldn’t be arsed checking). They had won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1, they were joint top more by default of City and United starting so shit.

In 2015 Southampton had 22 points after 10, were 2nd, and finished 7th.

2017 Arsenal had 23 points, finished 5th.

Absolutely loads of examples of teams with 21 points after 10 games not finishing top 4.

Yes they suddenly became shit, and the backline being broken up and ageing was the big issue, rot truly set in at the turn of the year in which Poch lost his job. How else are you explaining them picking up less than 60 points in two seasons with Poch and Mourinho, and they actually were on course for less with Poch. Did Poch suddenly turn into a shit manager for Spurs overnight?
They aren’t 9th shit, but their squad quality is 5th at best. Maybe 6th.

You’re a United fan, you know full well even a title winning side can literally turn to shite overnight or a 2nd placed side. We went from 1st to 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 2nd, then posted 2 seasons of 66 points.
This is exactly why you look at positions and not points. to go from 1st to 9th, you're saying 8 teams have had better form - something that doesn't come up when looking at points.

As far as last point is concerned, they finished with less than 60 just last season. FInished at 70+ before that. And as far as our case is concerned, there were 2 reasons: 1. No planning for the future; 2. SAF was overachieving by a pretty good margin (don't believe Poch was overachieving by anywhere close to that amount)

This is exactly why you look at positions and not points. to go from 1st to 9th, you're saying 8 teams have had better form - something that doesn't come up when looking at points.

As far as last point is concerned, they finished with less than 60 just last season. FInished at 70+ before that. And as far as our case is concerned, there were 2 reasons: 1. No planning for the future; 2. SAF was overachieving by a pretty good margin (don't believe Poch was overachieving by anywhere close to that amount)
I’m saying 9th is underachieving.

Are you arguing that start of this season wasn’t extremely special due to the circumstances for many teams? I thought we all agreed now it was.

Anyway, back to the point, basically no fecker in that thread thought Spurs were making top 4 this season, until they had that decent start, then posters got reactive. That’s just the facts man.

Before then 99% agreed their squad was worthy of 5th at best.

And as for “planning for the future”... exactly! Just look what: Walker Vertongen Alderweireld Rose* became man, no planning at all, cause no money.

*Reguilon Dier Sanchez Tanganga

Last edited:

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Have they a better squad than West Ham? Is he getting the most out of this squad?
Key factor here is that Moyes will Moyes his way to a top-8 finish with a footballing aesthetic that matches his own. Not particularly pleasant to look at, not particularly effective - it might even make your skin crawl. But it'll do the job.

West Ham fans would love nothing more than finishing above any other PL London team, so - ironically - they will probably take the kind of football they moaned about under Allardyce from Moyes if it gets them into Europe proper.

Spurs fans are obsessed with the aesthetic. I kid you not, there are plenty around who would rather not win a trophy playing nice football than win one ugly. That's all great, but it's like wishing for a wife that looks like Margot Robbie, but she's allergic to physical contact. Great to look at, but nothing really to boast about at the end of the day.

So the main difference between Moyes and Mourinho is that one can get away with effective results over aesthetic results. Proven by the fact that our best run of results has been ones where we played with a stingy defence and got battered for possession, but won with clinical finished. That style suited Kane & Son, as they'd just wait for the artillery to break and the ball would get booted to them up the pitch to finish. The style has been more of a compromise since, so you get more goals from midfield/defence, but Son is off the boil again, Kane has to drop back for the ball, and results are dire because it only takes 2 shots against us for us to concede 1 goal, whereas we've got Bergwijn, Bale, and Lucas taking most of ours, and they all seem to need 20 chances per goal in the PL.

SambaBoy

Whichever way you look at, he hasn't done too good a job so far at Spurs. They sacked Pochettino as results weren't good enough and they wanted a manager that would elevate them towards trophies and near the top. Has he done that? No. However who knows, with time he may take them there.

His signings in the summer definitely had the ability to improve the squad so I don't think he can moan about that. His style of football isn't the most entertaining to watch but normally off-set by winning trophies. If you don't win trophies, then you can question what is the point in the appointment.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
You’re forgetting one important factor here, at United he can put the pressure on to get new signings and build a squad because we are rich as feck. Spurs are skint so no amount of moaning is going to get Levy to agree to spend 200 million, so what would that achieve?
He wasn't though was he? He wanted Alderweireld at United when he had a reasonably cheap release clause, but it seemed like EW didn't want to do it

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Elite at blowing 1 goal leads these days.

Spurs must've blown 10 + points from winning positions this season.

Generally today they were bad apart from last 15 minutes.

Djemba-Djemba

Absolutely miserable today.

If fans were allowed in the ground I think he'd be long gone. Spurs fans can't be enjoying this .

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Spurs are where they should be in the league really.
Mourinho is arguably achieving par with the squad he has.

cyberman

Couple of good wins then tried to sneakily revert to defensive football hidden behind momentum

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Defensive tactics taken to an absurdist degree and worse than that it failed to pay off.

Champagne Football

Europe League his only shot left at repairing his reputation. Wouldn't be surprised to see the jammy cnut with the Europa.

Only Milan, Arsenal and ourselves who look like they can win it along with Spurs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Spurs are where they should be in the league really.
Mourinho is arguably achieving par with the squad he has.
Below West Ham and Everton?

I know the overall 11 isn't as strong as what Poch had but he was accused of underacheving despite always finishing them in top 4 so seems a weird metric when they still have two of the best forward players in europe who can hide many flaws in their team.

It really is europa or bust for them now.

Fracture90

Gotta say, it still is one of the great joys of life to visit Spurs subreddit whilst Jose is still in charge.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Below West Ham and Everton?

I know the overall 11 isn't as strong as what Poch had but he was accused of underacheving despite always finishing them in top 4 so seems a weird metric when they still have two of the best forward players in europe who can hide many flaws in their team.

It really is europa or bust for them now.
Everton have won more titles than Spurs ever have, and West Ham have a worldy manager...

Ladron de redcafe

What a disaster he has turned out to be for Tottenham. Underachieving horrifically. To have 45 points at this stage in what is supposed to be his best season results wise (2nd season) is not a good sign for Tottenham.

Got his tactics wrong in a big match yet again. The entire approach the moment they took the lead was predictable and yet again cost them points from a winning position.

Red & White

Delighted to see them lose today and seeing Lamela sent off after his embarrassing reaction against us was the icing on the cake. I really do fancy them for the Europa, mind. It’s literally what Mourinho was made for in his current position.

saivet

Blaming the ref and sounds like he was calling out Bale by saying "big players hiding"

Ladron de redcafe

Blaming the ref and sounds like he was calling out Bale by saying "big players hiding"
Blaming the referee for making the correct decisions? This is just bizzare.

Throwing his players under the bus, on the other hand, is his modus operandi. And it's absolutely glorious to watch.

The Firestarter

Throwing his players under the bus, on the other hand, is his modus operandi. And it's absolutely glorious to watch.
He said the refs are tired after the long season. Something about Oliver against his teams too.

MiracleInMadrid

Wasn’t it exactly what kickstarted his and Peps fierce rivalry back in the Barca/Real days? Mourinho accusing Pep of saying they just aswell could have won if it wasn’t for a correct offside call.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Im not saying they played great, but the fact that they missed a double chance at the end is just unlucky, nothing Mourinho can do about that.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Elite at blowing 1 goal leads these days.

Spurs must've blown 10 + points from winning positions this season.

Generally today they were bad apart from last 15 minutes.
Felt that was the case for us a lot of the time under him.

We'd snatch a goal and immediately park the bus. We'd then be battered, inevitably concede (unless de Gea pulled a worldy by making numerous incredible saves), then actually start playing football again and look good by doing so as we had good players.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That was Jose 16th loss in the Premier League at Tottenham in 54 games. Ole has 17 losses in 88 games... Arteta has lost 16 games in 49 matches, not that far off Joses stats and Arsenals squad is fecking terrible. Awful Jose.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
That was Jose 16th loss in the Premier League at Tottenham in 54 games. Ole has 17 losses in 88 games... Arteta has lost 16 games in 49 matches, not that far off Joses stats and Arsenals squad is fecking terrible. Awful Jose.
Honestly Spurs' squad hasn't been great for a while now. I'd actually put Arsenal ahead of them, at least they've admitted their squad needs to recycle and have started blooding young players in, wheres Spurs seem to keep propping up a dying corpse on steroids.

Flexdegea

Honestly Spurs' squad hasn't been great for a while now. I'd actually put Arsenal ahead of them, at least they've admitted their squad needs to recycle and have started blooding young players in, wheres Spurs seem to keep propping up a dying corpse on steroids.

Spurs squad a lot better than arsenal on paper.

Not sure why everyone downplaying them massively.
.commentators where mentioning if Jose got top 4 be his crowning achievement, what?

They were bigging em up as title challengers against Liverpool. Everyone was hyping them, then his defensive management got worse from that game and they've snowballed in the league. Except last year spurs been regulars in champs league, now Jose is involved he has managed to get everyone to lower expectations, and instead of the media calling him out, he done the same thing he done at United where the players are getting the blame.

He got more at his disposal at spurs right now than what he had at us in his last season with us. He just managed to suck any life out of the team by then. He currently on route to doing same with this team as we speak. He's finished.

It's a shame as I like him, his football and man management is Jurassic park these days

Status
Not open for further replies.