Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

always_hoping

I hate XG.

The thing about XG is that it treats every player as equal. For example Fred and Messi clear of defenders and just the keeper to beat is classed as expected goal but we all know the former will likely find the stand roof before the net.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

He's such a prick.

(Though the likes of Sanchez and Sissoko need to leave ASAP).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s bobbins. The game has moved on and he hasn’t.

There’s been a big shift toward high press and technical players which is kryptonite for his teams. It used to be 2-3 teams a season he would have to deal with those tactics and now it’s 45+ and he just hasn’t adapted to it.

Giggs' right foot

He's such a prick.

Wonder what the reason for us being miles ahead of them this year is, since - according to Mou in the All or Nothing-doc - Spurs have a better squad than United. Would love to hear his answer to that. We all knew he'd throw the entire squad, fanbase, and club under the bus, to defend himself and his accomplishments (Seville anyone?) and now Spurs-fans can see it for themselves.

Hammerfell

Even forgetting results I just cannot take this bullshit football anymore. We look like we have never been coached, just a bunch of randoms and a few superstars like Ndombele putting out the odd trick in isolation.

Football is suppose to be entertainment at its core. None of this makes me happy.
From a Spurs forum. This hit too close to home, it's exactly how it felt when he was here.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He's such a prick.

Never his fault, is it? Honestly though this is probably the best place to come to bitch about him, he made football miserable for most of us for 2 years.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Its weird they keep letting leads slip, playing poorly once they get infront. i know Mourinho gets more defensive but its something i thought they would be good at, defending and keeping onto a lead.

Sylar

He's turned into what he hates, Arsene Wenger

Except with worse football
And he's more bitter...

And Wenger won some fa cups near the end

Tallis

Wonder what the reason for us being miles ahead of them this year is, since - according to Mou in the All or Nothing-doc - Spurs have a better squad than United. Would love to hear his answer to that. We all knew he'd throw the entire squad, fanbase, and club under the bus, to I defend himself and his accomplishments (Seville anyone?) and now Spurs-fans can see it for themselves.
I know the context of your post is different but I think it’s an interesting question. Their front 3 are better than ours although if you add Bruno to the mix, it became more even.

I think overall their squad is not significantly behind ours. Maybe we have the edge in terms of first 11 excluding the front 3

RashyForPM

Wonder what the reason for us being miles ahead of them this year is, since - according to Mou in the All or Nothing-doc - Spurs have a better squad than United. Would love to hear his answer to that. We all knew he'd throw the entire squad, fanbase, and club under the bus, to defend himself and his accomplishments (Seville anyone?) and now Spurs-fans can see it for themselves.
They did have a better squad when he said that in November 2019. Even the starting 11’s, when we compare ours with theirs:

DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Young
McT Pogba
James Lingard Rashford
Martial

vs.

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Sissoko Ndombele
Eriksen Alli Son
Kane

Bear in mind we didn’t have Pogba for a large chunk of last season too. With Fred stepping in, I’d have only 4 United players in a combined 11 from those teams, maximum.

Ole has just done a much better job in comparison to Mourinho since he took over, hence why we are higher in the league and have a better squad now.

Giggs' right foot

They did have a better squad when he said that in November 2019. Even the starting 11’s, when we compare ours with theirs:

DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Young
McT Pogba
James Lingard Rashford
Martial

vs.

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Sissoko Ndombele
Eriksen Alli Son
Kane

Bear in mind we didn’t have Pogba for a large chunk of last season too. With Fred stepping in, I’d have only 4 United players in a combined 11 from those teams, maximum.

Ole has just done a much better job in comparison to Mourinho since he took over, hence why we are higher in the league and have a better squad now.
Agree - I just find it funny how a lot of Ole haters beat him with the same stick that is - not being tactically good enough - when he's performed much better than Mou who himself made the point that Spurs' squad was better than United's.

And since that Mou-comment in 2019, we've not had many first-team arrivals other than Bruno. So the fact that United have the better squads of the two now (The only Spurs players I could see featured in our first-XI would be Alderweireld, Son and Kane) I think - as you say - is a credit to Ole (as well as the fact that Mourinho hasn't really succeeded that much with his Spurs-project - other than maybe winning the majestic Carabao Cup come the end of april).

RashyForPM

Agree - I just find it funny how a lot of Ole haters beat him with the same stick that is - not being tactically good enough - when he's performed much better than Mou who himself made the point that Spurs' squad was better than United's.

And since that Mou-comment in 2019, we've not had many first-team arrivals other than Bruno. So the fact that United have the better squads of the two now (The only Spurs players I could see featured in our first-XI would be Alderweireld, Son and Kane) I think - as you say - is a credit to Ole (as well as the fact that Mourinho hasn't really succeeded that much with his Spurs-project - other than maybe winning the majestic Carabao Cup come the end of april).
Yeah, and next to Bruno, Mason has come in and has definitely improved our attack to no end. People will definitely quote this and tell me he hasn’t scored a lot this season, but his overall game has improved a lot.

Under Mourinho, Greenwood would now be Sheff Utd’s starting striker, out on loan. I’m not even joking. In fact, after that Iceland thing, the guy genuinely would have sold him. Wouldn’t put it past him not to forgive one mistake.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Christ, spoiler that shit. Seeing the cnutish beaver out of the blue like that is a bit nauseating.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Its weird they keep letting leads slip, playing poorly once they get infront. i know Mourinho gets more defensive but its something i thought they would be good at, defending and keeping onto a lead.
The signs he was starting to lose his touch in that regard actually came back with us. City, United and ten man Paris all got late goals thanks to us sitting back and trying to defend what we had.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting those Mourinho comments on throwing away yet another lead in last 10 minutes and it's the players fault.

This was the back 4 he had out at Crystal Palace in December when they scored 81st minute:

Aurier-Toby- Dier- Reguilon

And at Wolves a week later when they conceded 86th minute:

Doherty- Sanchez-Dier- Davies- Reguilon

And today:

Tanganga-Sanchez-Rodon-Reguilon

So basically he's admitting that Spurs have no good defenders. :lol: I mean those three games are basically all the defenders Spurs have in their ranks so clearly none of those units he deems good enough to hold onto 1 goal leads in last 10 minutes.

Going to be an interesting transfer window if he makes it that far.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Going to be an interesting transfer window if he makes it that far.
He is definitely making it to the xfer window, Spurs cannot afford to get rid of him so they are riding the Jose train until at least the end of season.

He is gone if they do not make top four and no trophies to show I feel. I think that was the whole reason he was brought in, get Spurs back to top four and maybe win a trophy.

It is always the same with Spurs, a few absolutely world class players surrounded by bang average players and mediocrity. Even going back to Redknapp when he had Modric, Bale and Van Der Vaart, then the Poch era with Kane, Son, Eriksen and Dembele. I guess that is an improvement on the days of mid table mediocrity when they had zero class players.

Id imagine Kane and Son will be done after this season, Kane has pretty much carried Spurs through some games, getting on, time to put a few trophies on the shelf. Son maybe looking for his last big contract, at 28 he has a few good years left, im sure Bayern would pay him more than Spurs.

Question is who do Spurs go for if they dump Jose end of season? Rodgers, Nagelsmann, other?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Same coach, different players

fecking hell :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Jose was very shitty when asked questions today. He was asked about his defence and the different combinations he's used and just said he didn't want to talk about it. He said a few times he "didn't want to go deep". And obviously he made the headline comment about "same coach, different players" when asked why he's always been good at holding leads but can't now.

Genuinely don't see how this all ends with Spurs. They seem stuck with Jose based on his contract and huge value on it. They are also stuck with a massive, expensive stadium which due to COVID they haven't been able to fill or utilise for NFL and other events. I don't see them having money to spend in the summer and it's touch and go if they get top 4.

Genuinely think they'll be a few big outgoings. Possibly Kane.

SAFMUTD

Things will blow out at the start of next season, its clearly started just a matter of time now.

Mindhunter

Jose was very shitty when asked questions today. He was asked about his defence and the different combinations he's used and just said he didn't want to talk about it. He said a few times he "didn't want to go deep". And obviously he made the headline comment about "same coach, different players" when asked why he's always been good at holding leads but can't now.

Genuinely don't see how this all ends with Spurs. They seem stuck with Jose based on his contract and huge value on it. They are also stuck with a massive, expensive stadium which due to COVID they haven't been able to fill or utilise for NFL and other events. I don't see them having money to spend in the summer and it's touch and go if they get top 4.

Genuinely think they'll be a few big outgoings. Possibly Kane.
I think they will manage to make the situation worse by virtue of Levy's ego. He wants to maintain his "hard negotiator" identity in front of the larger public even if it results in a sub-optimal outcome for their club.

Mourinho is simply being Mourinho. He knows that the game is up and there isn't a path to glory from here so he is doing what he does best, preserving his reputation and trying to get sacked for the payoff. Only Spurs isn't United and can't afford to cut their losses. It's hilarious what's happening to them. I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
If I recall correctly it’s something United fans criticised him for. It’s supposedly one of his biggest strengths that’s largely a myth these days but his reputation ensures it holds. He’s actually been woeful at doing it for reason or another.

Traub

If I recall correctly it’s something United fans criticised him for. It’s supposedly one of his biggest strengths that’s largely a myth these days but his reputation ensures it holds. He’s actually been woeful at doing it for reason or another.
Yeah, he got the reputation in his first Chelsea stint. However, he had arguably the best GK and CB pairing of the premier league era (debatable of course but definitely right near the top). He won't get that anywhere he goes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.