Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember that when it works, it's Jose's genius. When it doesn't, it's the players fault.
Ah, plenty of posters do the same for our manager. Guess it’s just a natural way for some to defend someone they believe in.

Personally think it’s a real shame with Jose, I really enjoyed his Porto side and his first Chelsea side was absolutely terrific, brilliant to watch. Now he’s just becoming a parody of himself, since leaving Madrid it doesn’t matter who he has in his team, it’s a default defensive approach. Doubt he’ll ever rediscover the side of him from the mid 00’s again.

lex talionis

Ah, plenty of posters do the same for our manager. Guess it’s just a natural way for some to defend someone they believe in.

Personally think it’s a real shame with Jose, I really enjoyed his Porto side and his first Chelsea side was absolutely terrific, brilliant to watch. Now he’s just becoming a parody of himself, since leaving Madrid it doesn’t matter who he has in his team, it’s a default defensive approach. Doubt he’ll ever rediscover the side of him from the mid 00’s again.
Agreed, Jose it just living off his (admittedly stellar) resume at this point in his managerial career. It's really hard to watch Spurs now, even when they grind out a one-goal win.

True, Spurs beat us 1-6 but that was a crazy one-off where our wheels just flew off the axle. This is a Spurs squad that doesn't look at all like a proper top four side, even though you look at the players and wonder how they're not in the hunt for the PL trophy.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
They are close to 4th place but if we are talking about league position then it's not really proper position. They are level on points with City, City have game in hand. They are just a point above Villa, Villa have 2 games in hand.

If we go by points per game, they would be around 7th or 8th.
The game in hand thing is not a forgone conclusion, you cannot just award every team with games in hand maximum points. The table from Southampton in 9th to Leicester in 2nd is 4 points. I think any team that can put on a run of a couple of wins can easily climb into 2nd or 3rd, even Jose's Spurs. So they are in the mix, which is where you expect them to be.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting how weak they are from set pieces currently.

Thought Dier going to CB was going to solve all this.

Conceded from wide free kick v Palace and corners against Liverpool and Wolves. 5 more points if defended correctly.

That's certainly something you never associate with proper Mourinho teams, sloppy goals conceded from set pieces.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The game in hand thing is not a forgone conclusion, you cannot just award every team with games in hand maximum points. The table from Southampton in 9th to Leicester in 2nd is 4 points. I think any team that can put on a run of a couple of wins can easily climb into 2nd or 3rd, even Jose's Spurs. So they are in the mix, which is where you expect them to be.
We're playing Man. City in one of our spare games so at least one of us will certainly be getting points from that!

Spurs certainly can't afford to drop points to either Leeds or Fulham as they've got some tricky fixtures in January and early Feb (us, Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham). Need to be in strong top 4 position before europa kicks back in.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They are in the mix but they are worse than their league position. You can't just go by table when there are teams that played 2 games less than Spurs.

R'hllor

Didn't he play McTominay in defence? As he is now playing for Scotland? Never thought Scott was good as a defender but Jose must have seen something. He is a toxic manager. Probably the most toxic manager certainly in the PL.
Now and few years ago aint the same, only thing he saw is a chance to use a young player as a tool, would understand if didnt have a single CB and we playing back 4 but that motherfecker actually used McT in back 5.

NoPace

If I was a Spurs fan I'd probably want him fired and a manager who can get the Lo Celso and Ndombele in front of Hojbjerg midfield triangle going.

Needham

Anyone noticed his eyes are starting to get bulbous like Nathan's out of The Office. Looking more and more like a tired of life frog.

Needham

Lot of unnecessary nasty personal comments about Mourinho in this thread.

Lewnited

Lot of unnecessary nasty personal comments about Mourinho in this thread.
I'll be honest, aside from your 'tired of life frog' comment, I'm not seeing any at all :lol:

The reality is, his attitude to the game does suck all the fun out of football. This, for the fans and seemingly for the players as well. Over his 2 and a half year tenure I honestly struggle to call the atmosphere he created around the club anything other than toxic?

He talked so much about what he had learned from his United role when he joined Spurs, but the exact same patterns have emerged over his first year or so, almost eerily.

roonster09

Scout
Now and few years ago aint the same, only thing he saw is a chance to use a young player as a tool, would understand if didnt have a single CB and we playing back 4 but that motherfecker actually used McT in back 5.
With defenders Bailly and Darmian on the bench.

CaptainBirdseye

Has this been posted yet? I know you can and should take xG with a pinch of salt, but this is insane

roonster09

Scout
cnut threw a game, simple as that. Just watched his post match interview, he said congratz to WH scout for finding 21 year old monster :lol:
Yeah, Diop.

When we played Everton he praised them for having Barca level ambition as they invested money and signed couple of Barca players.

When we played Spurs he praised them for not losing any player ( they didn't sign a single player so he praised them for not losing any players).

Almost every PC was him moaning about players instead of working with what we had.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
cnut threw a game, simple as that. Just watched his post match interview, he said congratz to WH scout for finding 21 year old monster :lol:
Who was that, Rice?

Oh Diop. Well he's hardly played for mid table West Ham this season so Mourinho could probably sign him next month if he so wished. 2 starts since September.

Guy Incognito

Has this been posted yet? I know you can and should take xG with a pinch of salt, but this is insane

I saw that on the xG philosophy Twitter page. Shocking.

The media got carried away with Spurs's performances against City and Arsenal when beating those teams is simple for Jose. Their performances against Burnley, Palace and West Brom were shocking and rightly were scrutinised.

At Anfield saw a side that was in form (Spurs) versus a side who were experienced in dealing with big games (Liverpool).

Spurs may well finish in the top four but I wonder if Jose will concentrate on winning the Europa.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Their performances against Burnley, Palace and West Brom were shocking and rightly were scrutinised.
Thought their Leicester performance was worse. At home 2-0 down and still not overly adventurous. There is a time to be defensive and a time to throw a bit of caution to the wind and press hard, look to dominate possession and attack. At two nil down probably time to get that adventurous play happening.

Guess it was the same under Pochettino but the flip side of the coin, constant aggression, press from the front play out from the back look to dominate possession. And still get beat 2 or 3 nil away by Liverpool and City.

Surely there is a balance in there somewhere.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Thought their Leicester performance was worse. At home 2-0 down and still not overly adventurous. There is a time to be defensive and a time to throw a bit of caution to the wind and press hard, look to dominate possession and attack. At two nil down probably time to get that adventurous play happening.

Guess it was the same under Pochettino but the flip side of the coin, constant aggression, press from the front play out from the back look to dominate possession. And still get beat 2 or 3 nil away by Liverpool and City.

Surely there is a balance in there somewhere.
Just call Thanos.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What did he say?
A very bizarre rant about how Son has scored 100 without needing pens.

Then quickly pointing out he didn't mean his own striker Kane who himself gets and scores a sh!tload of pens.

Chief123

Like how he had to clarify he wasn't talking about Kane!
Yikes, that is so cringe! How obsessed and bitter can he be. He had to clarify Kane because he scores a shed load of penalties too. Ironic how he brought up penalties after a match where is team open the scoring with a penalty! :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I'd be surprised if any of our players cares what he thinks. Let the Tottenham fans lap this rubbish up.

cyberman

Yikes, that is so cringe! How obsessed and bitter can he be. He had to clarify Kane because he scores a shed load of penalties too. Ironic how he brought up penalties after a match where is team open the scoring with a penalty! :lol:
Just looked it up. Bruno, as a midfielder, has 1 more goal than the best striker in the world Kane and 1 less than Son.
I dont know why that bothers him. Maybe its the lets pretend I wasnt allowed to coach at Utd but here at Spurs Im showing you attacking football excuse?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Hilariously dim.

Have a well rehearsed dig at a rival player and then quickly remember you've overlooked that your own striker gets an absolute sh!t tonne of pens himself.
One today that was dubious whether it was even inside the area anyway.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Cringe from Jose. This is like something you would expect from RAWK.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
How can you criticize a midfielder for scoring pens when your own striker boosts his stats with pens, including in the very game he is being interviewed about?

You can’t just say you’re not talking about someone in particular, and make out like the stat doesn’t apply to them just because you said it!

RashyForPM

‘I’m not talking about Harry Kane btw’ :lol:

We’ve not had anywhere near enough subtle or blatant digs shot at us by opposition fans, players or managers since Fergie left. This, DT’s comments and the RAWK thread are what I love to see :drool: All I’ll say is, this shows we’re doing something right.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How can you criticize a midfielder for scoring pens when your own striker boosts his stats with pens, including in the very game he is being interviewed about?

You can’t just say you’re not talking about someone in particular, and make out like the stat doesn’t apply to them just because you said it!
Needed that mouthy BT interviewer who goaded Klopp a few weeks back involved"

"But Kane scores the most pens out of every player ever..doesn't he Jose..doesn't he"

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Some people score lots of pens, some people claim goals that aren't theirs. I'm talking about Harry Kane by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.