Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The problem is that all the scenarios in which they don't make Champions League are also scenarios in which the financial situation is pretty dire, which is likely to decrease Levy's appetite to take the financial hit for sacking Mourinho and also decrease the attractiveness of the position to potential new managers, who surely wouldn't be given much of a budget.

If things get really bad, he will be gone because there isn't any choice. But I think there are definitely some intermediate range outcomes where there is no CL football but he keeps his job because the alternatives just aren't very appealing and inertia is strong.
Although I do agree with you - I think Jose has been very, very fortunate that the fans aren't in the stadium. He and the team would be getting booed regularly with performances like yesterday and the pressure would be intense on Levy to do something. There will need to be a big decision made in the summer.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Although I do agree with you - I think Jose has been very, very fortunate that the fans aren't in the stadium. He and the team would be getting booed regularly with performances like yesterday and the pressure would be intense on Levy to do something. There will need to be a big decision made in the summer.
Yup, I agree about the fans, which really has allowed managers an easier ride this season. I'm not sure Arteta would have made it through the fall with fans in stadiums.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Felt that was the case for us a lot of the time under him.

We'd snatch a goal and immediately park the bus. We'd then be battered, inevitably concede (unless de Gea pulled a worldy by making numerous incredible saves), then actually start playing football again and look good by doing so as we had good players.
Aren't those tactics under Ole the same though? Try and get an early goal, get the goal and then sit deeper and look for counter attacks especially away from home.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Bit of an over reaction in here. Win their game in hand and they are only 3 points behind Chelsea who still have to play Man City away.

DoomSlayer

You guys seem to have a really odd obsession with ex-managers which I'm very glad to say we don't. We all loved Poch but he's gone now and we wish him well - will be the same when Jose leaves. You guys are so bitter it's weird.
It's just the big club mentality we have deeply ingrained in us. Having arguably the greatest manager of all time for 27 years at the helm, him being like a father to everyone associated at the club - then you get the likes of Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho, with Jose having the nerve to put himself above our own club and our history. So forgive me for not giving a feck about looking bitter, I know you will never get it.

ShinjiNinja26

Hopefully he does just enough to keep his job without actually winning anything until Nagelsmann is snapped up by another club, then he can have his full scale meltdown. :)

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's just the big club mentality we have deeply ingrained in us. Having arguably the greatest manager of all time for 27 years at the helm, him being like a father to everyone associated at the club - then you get the likes of Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho, with Jose having the nerve to put himself above our own club and our history. So forgive me for not giving a feck about looking bitter, I know you will never get it.
No I wont and to be honest I'm very thankful of that, the day I get bitter and twisted because of football is the day I stop watching it.

DoomSlayer

No I wont and to be honest I'm very thankful of that, the day I get bitter and twisted because of football is the day I stop watching it.
To be honest, I've almost completely stopped watching football in the last few years, apart from our games. The only thing keeping me is my love for our club and the emotions, positive and negative, that I get from things like seeing Mourinho miserable as feck. :lol:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You guys seem to have a really odd obsession with ex-managers which I'm very glad to say we don't. We all loved Poch but he's gone now and we wish him well - will be the same when Jose leaves. You guys are so bitter it's weird.
Not really. Depends more on what the manager did to the club rather than the success he enjoyed.

Hell, I still wish Moyes luck - he was out of his depth but I'm not bitter towards him. LVG played some of the most boring football a Utd side has played, but I don't think anyone is bitter towards them.

Mou, despite having been one of our more successful managers in terms of trophies won, is hated because of the things he said, lack of respect towards the club and the traditions.

mu4c_20le

Better hope you never win the title then, because once standards have been raised it's hard to accept mediocrity again. Just look at Leicester fans.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not really. Depends more on what the manager did to the club rather than the success he enjoyed.

Hell, I still wish Moyes luck - he was out of his depth but I'm not bitter towards him. LVG played some of the most boring football a Utd side has played, but I don't think anyone is bitter towards them.

Mou, despite having been one of our more successful managers in terms of trophies won, is hated because of the things he said, lack of respect towards the club and the traditions.
You seem to forget to huge torrent of hatred that Moyes got for years after he left Utd. If anything Jose saved him because he took it all on himself.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Be great if they beat City in the final. Not only will it dent City's Quad or even treble hopes but it surely keeps Jose at Spurs past this summer.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Better hope you never win the title then, because once standards have been raised it's hard to accept mediocrity again. Just look at Leicester fans.
I've known nothing but mediocrity in the nearly 40 years of following Spurs :lol: honestly don't know how I would react if we ever won the title - I'd probably explode.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Your first trophy in decades. I think it would.
Look what happened to the last manager of Spurs who won a trophy - he lost his job soon after. If Jose fails to get us European football this year then he's toast.

Cast5

“You were in a small minority who were happy to see him come” and now you’re having a go at United fans on a United forum discussing their former toxic manager who left us in the shit, which you weirdly have a problem with. You were happy to see him come but now Spurs are 7th and Mourinho is a failure, what a shame. You sound bitter to me.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Look what happened to the last manager of Spurs who won a trophy - he lost his job soon after. If Jose fails to get us European football this year then he's toast.
That wasn't in the midst of a pandemic where clubs are skint.

No way Jose gets sacked if you win a cup. Would cost a fortune to sack him and hire somebody else too. His wages will be obscene.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
“You were in a small minority who were happy to see him come” and now you’re having a go at United fans on a United forum discussing their former toxic manager who left us in the shit, which you weirdly have a problem with. You were happy to see him come but now Spurs are 7th and Mourinho is a failure, what a shame. You sound bitter to me.
Eh?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That wasn't in the midst of a pandemic where clubs are skint.

No way Jose gets sacked if you win a cup. Would cost a fortune to sack him and hire somebody else too. His wages will be obscene.
That is a problem for sure - as I said earlier though as soon as fans come back, if there is no significant improvement in performances and results then the resulting boos will see him sacked within a month or two no matter how much it costs the club.

RUCK4444

Continues to throw his players under the bus.

Absolute virus for any football club at this stage. Honestly, what is the reason for hiring Jose at this point? He was a great manager but he's proven time and again that the game has moved on and he is far too egotistical to adapt his style. He's learnt nothing by the example set by sir Alex in this league that you have to adapt over time, not only on the pitch but also off the pitch in the way you handle players.

I regret wanting him here as a quick fix, I hope all our rivals make the same mistake with him.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Absolute virus for any football club at this stage. Honestly, what is the reason for hiring Jose at this point? He was a great manager but he's proven time and again that the game has moved on and he is far too egotistical to adapt his style. He's learnt nothing by the example set by sir Alex in this league that you have to adapt over time, not only on the pitch but also off the pitch in the way you handle players.

I regret wanting him here as a quick fix, I hope all our rivals make the same mistake with him.
He's more handsome than Roy Hodgson?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Agreed. Ole is still fixing his mess.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You seem to forget to huge torrent of hatred that Moyes got for years after he left Utd. If anything Jose saved him because he took it all on himself.
I think we criticized on how he was out of his depth. I don't think (atleast I hope) no one was cheering for his failure at subsequent clubs. Hell, I still believe that there aren't a lot better managers than him if the club aims to establish themselves in the mid-table.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's largely due to their regular comments after leaving us, at least in the case of Moyes and LVG anyway. If Moyes had kept his mouth shut we'd probably remember him as somebody who was shit at the job and should never have got it, but that would've been about it. A general dislike for how bad a job he did (taking the champions down to 7th and their worst season in the PL years), but it's his regular comments making out he was hard done by and refusing to take responsibility for the failure that really turns people against him. LVG somewhat similar although he's not as disliked.

Mourinho on the other hand obviously and deliberately caused a lot of problems. Deliberately tried to turn the media and fans against some of the players, played stupid games with the line-ups to try to make a point to the club, and just in general being very obvious that his main focus was to himself rather than actually doing what was best for the team and club.

If Ole ends up not working out there won't be any bitterness because he hasn't and won't do any of that.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That is a problem for sure - as I said earlier though as soon as fans come back, if there is no significant improvement in performances and results then the resulting boos will see him sacked within a month or two no matter how much it costs the club.
I think you're bang on the money there. As soon as fans are back Jose is toast. The infamous Jose Xmas time sacking beckons again me thinks.

RUCK4444

He's more handsome than Roy Hodgson?
Well that's true. I would still take Hodgson as an actual football manager though - which is incredible, imagine saying that years back when Jose was at his best.

Mental but the fact is he's poisonous, throws players under the bus, kills the morale in the team, plays a terrible brand of football, spends big on shite players and then moves on within 3 years leaving whichever club he's at in the shite.

There's literally no upside, unless he sneaks an FA cup - which is in no way worth the shite that comes with it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Well that's true. I would still take Hodgson as an actual football manager though - which is incredible, imagine saying that years back when Jose was at his best.

Mental but the fact is he's poisonous, throws players under the bus, kills the morale in the team, plays a terrible brand of football, spends big on shite players and then moves on within 3 years leaving whichever club he's at in the shite.

There's literally no upside, unless he sneaks an FA cup - which is in no way worth the shite that comes with it.
In his defense, he did manage to make Bale a good player again.

RUCK4444

In his defense, he did manage to make Bale a good player again.
What for two games? Bale has always been a good player, just never fit.

He's lost at least 2 yards of pace though, which he will never get back. Not sure Jose has anything to do with him having a decent couple of games, other than the fact he started him when fit.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
What for two games? Bale has always been a good player, just never fit.

He's lost at least 2 yards of pace though, which he will never get back. Not sure Jose has anything to do with him having a decent couple of games, other than the fact he started him when fit.
I'm also thinking that Bale's complete refusal to track back yesterday then Mourinho taking him off before the hour and talking post-match about big players not showing up isn't exactly going to do wonders for the Jose-Gareth relationship.

RUCK4444

I'm also thinking that Bale's complete refusal to track back yesterday then Mourinho taking him off before the hour and talking post-match about big players not showing up isn't exactly going to do wonders for the Jose-Gareth relationship.
Yeah he’s not going to get a Bale that’s capable of tracking back whilst making any sort of meaningful impact in attack. He hasn’t the legs for it or the body to do that without recurring injuries.

Bale should be used as a striker, off the shoulder of defenders but staying forward, using his finishing ability, he’s not going to run the wing all game every game.

Tallis

He should go back to Chelsea after Tuchel gets sacked. They have a good squad there - I think he could do well with them.

I have no issues with Mourinho as long as he is not managing Man Utd.

El Presidente

Hopefully he does just enough to keep his job without actually winning anything until Nagelsmann is snapped up by another club, then he can have his full scale meltdown. :)
Seriously, what is with Nagelsmann and Spurs that makes everyone so nervous.
He is literally the Mbappe of managers. Will Mbappe ever consider Spurs? No.
I am sure there will be plenty of better suitors for him when he makes himself available.

Tallis

Seriously, what is with Nagelsmann and Spurs that makes everyone so nervous.
He is literally the Mbappe of managers. Will Mbappe ever consider Spurs? No.
I am sure there will be plenty of better suitors for him when he makes himself available.
Yup - like Liverpool.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He should go back to Chelsea after Tuchel gets sacked. They have a good squad there - I think he could do well with them.

I have no issues with Mourinho as long as he is not managing Man Utd.
You must be joking... After the business with Eva and us being in 16th and in melt down when he was last sacked. The only manager we're less likely to see back at Chelsea is Conte, he sued us for £9m.

Tallis

You must be joking... After the business with Eva and us being in 16th and in melt down when he was last sacked. The only manager we're less likely to see back at Chelsea is Conte, he sued us for £9m.
Let bygones be bygones :lol:

RU Devil

The shame about Mou is that he hasn't evolved. He's a great manager (or at least was), but he's stuck in his ways and he eventually wears out, both his welcome & his zest for managing. It's a shame as he's a character & it's good to have some on the sideline. When he came here, I was looking forward to him possibly evolving, learning, & even enjoying the job. He no longer enjoys it, and it bleeds into how his teams play. Pep has at least enjoyed the challenge & even changed tactics a bit (easier to do so with such resources), while Klopp seems to have been worn down & going through his own expected cycle. Mou's cycle seems to be getting shorter & shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.