Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
All jokes aside, seriously where could Mourinho go next. I don't think the Germans would touch him. I think he's definitely used up all his credit in England too. Is one of the Portuguese big 3 his only option now...or perhaps a national team?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That's what I said when I saw the interview. Terry and Lampard mentioned it, the difference being that at the time the press turned it into a positive when in my opinion it really isn't. In that sense I do think that the press have enabled some of his known behaviors which he is now paying for.
Him winning leagues at the time probably helped!

Alan Partridge

He was asked about Ole and Jose and how different they are, also about Jose's post match comments.

I don't see any problem with the interview, also I don't understand why players should take all the shit and never talk back.
Because the manager is thier boss?

Anyway maybe you’re right, I just know I’d hate to work in an industry, already rife with media scrutiny and sensationalism, where your fellow professionals constantly try throw you under the bus.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Him winning leagues at the time probably helped!
It did but that's an other issue with media. They will look away from foul behaviors when it concerns someone successful.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Because the manager is thier boss?

Anyway maybe you’re right, I just know I’d hate to work in an industry, already rife with media scrutiny and sensationalism, where your fellow professionals constantly try throw you under the bus.
And one more employee of the club. Just because he was manager doesn't mean players shouldn't talk back. Anyways it's not as if Pogba went on a rant, he was calm and talked about Jose's post match comments jokingly.

JPRouve

Scout
And one more employee of the club. Just because he was manager doesn't mean players shouldn't talk back. Anyways it's not as if Pogba went on a rant, he was calm and talked about Jose's post match comments jokingly.
Ironically, I seem to remember that many fans wants and wanted managers to speak out against the board.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I have watched the interview. Why even give an interview at all let alone publicly criticize someone in your industry who isn’t even relevant to you anymore? Right before a big game between against? Just purely to create media hype and draw attention. I think it’s petty and unnecessary. Save that kinda stuff for your autobiography or your documentary or whatever the hell else. Sure Mourinho has made harsh comments on players he’s managing, but that’s his prerogative as their manager (I personally disagree with it as a tactic though).

Maybe I’m just playing devils advocate, I think they’re two clowns in the same circus.
Option A: Pogba said it for the same reasons Mourinho does these things - “mind games”.

Option B: Pogba said it for the same reasons Mourinho does these things - create media hype and draw attention.

Imaginary option: Mourinho did it for results, Pogba for vanity.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
All jokes aside, seriously where could Mourinho go next. I don't think the Germans would touch him. I think he's definitely used up all his credit in England too. Is one of the Portuguese big 3 his only option now...or perhaps a national team?
International football...maybe.

For me, he's done. Not so much his tactics, but more his man-management style. Perhaps international football would suit it more, as you obviously don't get as much time with the players, and maybe that could work in his favour. Although I'm not sure if that's true, to be honest. I'm saying that because I just can't see what club would have him.

I think I he will take the same sort of career path as Sven. He will go to anyone who offers him money.

BorisManUtd

There are few clubs around Europe I guess. In England, someone mentioned already, clubs like Everton/Newcastle/West Ham/Wolves (in the future, not now). Valencia in Spain maybe, Roma in Italy (think Inter wouldn't risk with him, maybe few years ago but not anymore), Porto.. Of course there's option of managing national team but I think that would be boring to him.

Reactions: Invictus

tomaldinho1

Didn't anyone think that Mourinho at Spurs was going to work? It seemed a crazy move from the start to me and I'm by no means a football genius!
The poll on here was very in favour of him winning things with them. I guess he still might in fairness.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
There are few clubs around Europe I guess. In England, someone mentioned already, clubs like Everton/Newcastle/West Ham/Wolves (in the future, not now). Valencia in Spain maybe, Roma in Italy (think Inter wouldn't risk with him, maybe few years ago but not anymore), Porto.. Of course there's option of managing national team but I think that would be boring to him.
Yeah there are plenty of clubs that would probably go for him but a lot of those clubs would be 'beneath' him unless he reassessed his own ego and self-worth. I couldn't see him going to a club that had a very small chance of winning trophies or playing in Europe.

slored1

The week he was hired at Spurs was one of the most bizarre in Caf history.

After his stint with United I’d presumed he wouldn’t get another top job, his ‘3 year plan’ was so obvious at that point it would be crazy to hire him..I honestly thought he’d be in China on mega money or maybe take the Portuguese national job.

Then he gets the Spurs job and 90% of Redcafe react like they’d just signed prime SAF and the title was in the bag for Spurs, it was the most ridiculous thread I‘ve ever seen on here I had to double take I thought people we’re on a wum.

If football hadn’t ‘advanced’ in terms of attacking play then he’d still probably be a top manager but his style of being hard to break down and beat is so old it just doesn’t cut it, teams/managers in the PL have had to adapt but Jose seems stuck in 2007.
Who the hell thought that? Must have been some of his cultists and Spurs fans. Surely nobody else thought that he could magically win the League or something like that.

Castia

Who the hell thought that? Must have been some of his cultists and Spurs fans. Surely nobody else thought that he could magically win the League or something like that.

A massive section of this forum thought it was a genius move to replace the manager who's never won anything (Poch) with the mastermind Mourinho.

Guy Incognito

I had them down for the league at one point!!

Looking back it was an insane thought.
I thought they wouldn't be good enough for the top four, but then revised that prediction in November.

They were never going to win the league. Too dependent on Kane, Son's xG was ridiculous and couldn't be sustained. I thought the Thursday-Sunday routine would finish them off so it's funny to look back at Glaston's comments about how they were in with a chance.

Mourinho doesn't have the personnel to buy into his style. I remember his Chelsea went behind and down to ten against West Ham, he made a sub and they powered to a 4-1 win. He had players who could manage themselves, not the case now.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Maybe, but not at the elite clubs IMO. I just don't see any of the League/CL-challenging teams going for Mourinho anymore.
Think only possibles are Atletico Madrid (if Simeone ever leaves). Got that underdog mentality Mourinho craves and he'd be motivated to stick one on Real Madrid and Barca and perhaps a sentimental return to Inter Milan as Conte won't stay there for that much longer although his second spell won't be anywhere near as good as his first one so probably like Chelsea.

He's said himself he couldn't see himself managing mid table team with project although ironically he's turning Spurs into that now all within 18 months.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not going to lie I find the whole media narrative being pushed about him a bit tacky. Got the likes of Tim Sherwood sitting in the studio trying to make fun of him. Pogba doing his part with what seems to me like an entirely unnecessary, and rather unprofessional interview. Is it really necessary to flog a dead horse? The man is in an extremely stressful position and you’ve got the media etc jeering on like its some part of the sport.

Maybe I’m just being sensitive, maybe I’m letting my soft spot for the antihero Mou show.
There would be more sympathy for him if he didn't slaughter half of football people when he was actually winning stuff. :lol: Only have to see some of the stuff he came out with against OGS just last week.

Ancelotti has won as many big titles as Mourinho pretty much and isn't in great form at Everton himself but everyone knows he's a complete gentleman regarding others in football so will get a much fairer press and pundit coverage even if he loses his job in next year.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If you win EFL Cup then you are automatically in EL again. Levy will be happy with that and he won’t sack Jose.
Nah they changed it. League cup winners go into europa conference league unless they finisher higher in league so Spurs need to finish 5th or 6th to make europa.

buchansleftleg

So will the translator have to wait for Ronaldo to retire before he gets the Portugal National Manager job?

I think he is done as a Manager anywhere apart from Italy or PSG. I'm amazed he never went up for the PSG job, but maybe he realised that you don't feck about with those owners without disappearing into a bathroom and never returning!

JPRouve

Scout
So will the translator have to wait for Ronaldo to retire before he gets the Portugal National Manager job?

I think he is done as a Manager anywhere apart from Italy or PSG. I'm amazed he never went up for the PSG job, but maybe he realised that you don't feck about with those owners without disappearing into a bathroom and never returning!
PSG didn't want him outside of the very first appointment that Ancelotti eventually took.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What?!? Have you just made that up? :lol:
They've actually called it that!

Jose Mourinho says Tottenham would have to respect the UEFA Europa Conference League if they end up in the new competition next season.

Spurs will be guaranteed a place in the play-off round of European football’s new tertiary club competition if they beat Manchester City in next week’s Carabao Cup Final.
With City already guaranteed a Premier League top-six finish, if they retain the trophy on April 25 then the place in the Conference League will go to the next highest league finisher who does not qualify for the Champions League or Europa League – which could be Spurs.

Mourinho’s side are in seventh ahead of Friday’s visit to Everton and the manager has claimed that even securing a top-six finish will be “difficult” in the remaining seven matches of the season.

The Conference League would involve trips to the backwaters of European football and among the clubs already set to feature in next season’s competition are the fourth-placed team in Luxembourg, the Liechtenstein Cup winners and the second-, third- and fourth-placed teams in the Maltese top flight.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...-conference-league-jose-mourinho-b929914.html

Really need to rename this or his other threads as leading them into the conference league! :lol:

It also dosen't have any qualification route for CL so Spurs would be better off losing the final and finishing 6th than winning the league cup.

JPRouve

Scout

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
I don't see how Spurs can afford to sack him now. He's guaranteed £30 million from them whether they sack him or keep him for 2 more years. On top of that you need to get someone who's an improvement on him and pay either a big buy out or pick up an unemployed manager which gives you very limited options. I suppose Sarri is free. If they can get Nagelsmann then fair play too. But if you can't pick one of those I don't see anyone affordable who they could get. I doubt Allegri would take either the Spurs or Arsenal jobs.

Objectivitively he hasn't taken them backwards since he joined. They were 14th when he took over. They were 6th by the end of the season and 7th now. He's only had 18 months in the job and he's taken them to a cup final in his first full season.

lex talionis

Spurs are fukked if they keep Jose or if they sack Jose. Justice for the prick Levy but I do feel badly for club supporters, who really believed they had put clubs like West Ham and Everton in the rear view mirror.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It reminded me of the Intertoto Cup.
We were regulars back in the day for that in the early 2000s. Actually had some decent teams, can remember likes of Celta Vigo and Stuttgart in it, perhaps even Juventus one year when they finished about 7th in Serie A?

They've actually called it that!

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...-conference-league-jose-mourinho-b929914.html

Really need to rename this or his other threads as leading them into the conference league! :lol:

It also dosen't have any qualification route for CL so Spurs would be better off losing the final and finishing 6th than winning the league cup.
No he did not. I read it on rawk I thought they were joking, when Liverpool was losing games at home, then I checked. It is new UEFA competition!
A European conference league, just wow...
Jesus...UEFA are sinking to new lows :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Spurs with a strong early contender for 'best use of the Super League money' :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Okay, someone has to dig up some quotes from the acolytes after the 6-1

Status
Not open for further replies.